• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nicknames: What are the odds?

Seanson

Smash Ace
I got my nickname from one of my friends. He was a huge fan of Austin Powers. "Johnson, pack my bags, call the plane! And uh, johnson... feed my fish. Not too much..." That scene.

He kept saying Seanson, and he wanted me to say "Yes colonel" but I never did, because I thought it was kind of dumb :laugh:

But the name stuck with me, and it's not that bad. Definately better than anything I've thought of myself.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i'm the most original, no one is in the mood for anything, so i'm in the mood4food....yea it was corny, but it was true

blaargh198

Smash Apprentice
Last I checked I'm the only blaargh198 in the world. I just kinda typed a bunch of letters and it spelled blaargh, so just in case it was taken I added some numbers at the end. Though I'm sure it isn't the randomest name here...

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
I've had problems with BDawg before and I've always added random numbers in there to make it work. But one day my friend helped me come up with my new name (very creative ;) ) and so I used it mostly for Halo/Halo 2 and for forums and such. I can't use it on SSBM cuz the names can only be like 4 chars long :/ but no one has ever taken my name :D

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
My brother Adat almost went with P.C. as his smash name (because those are his initials). Ended up using his Warcraft name to avoid confusion with PC Chris. As for me, I've never run into someone who used any of my screen names before i did.

1o11oo1o11

Smash Apprentice
When I first started Smash, I chose the (most random name I could ever think of that was kick-***) nickname Fly_Leaf. I've been using it for 3 months now and I didn't think it was taken because it was one of those names I didn't think anyone would ever think of. Well, I was wrong.. Two days ago I was drawing in class, working on a banner for my crew. This one girl thought it was a good drawing, but she noticed that the name "Fly_Leaf" was the name of a rock band! So she asked me, "You like the band Fly Leaf?" I replied "No, I never knew it was a band's name."

To all people that thought of a nickname that was kick-***, make sure the name is not taken! If you wish to represent the borrowed name to use as your nickname in Smash, feel free to! But to those that want to be creative with their names, make sure it's not taken!

The best way to check it by googling it!
I found myself in the same situation as you. My name on the boards: I just randomly typed in 1's and o's. But in real life I use "The Knee Of Justice." And it just so happens to be the name of a combo video that I have never even knew existed in the first place.

Slash & Daniel´s

Smash Rookie
does nayone beside me has the name Slash & Daniels ? i thought it was very original cause of my favorite guitarrist and his (and mines ) favorite whisky , lmao , still if any1 has it besides me tell me plz!!! thnks ya

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
im always screwed because like 1 in every 5 japanese males ahve the name hiroshi...its impossible to be able to just have the nick hiroshi...its always taken..i always have to add some gay **** to it...i was into anime and manga back in the day...and i made a comic with my main characters name "hiroshi"..so i usedthat as my name...ever since that comment i used hiroshi for eveything...but it sucks on this site cuz the person using me name isnt active at all...oh wellz..iatleast i ddint have to make up some gay **** like xHIROSHIx918 like i had to for osme other places...peace

-hiroshi

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Surprisingly, 56K wasn't taken. I was certain that someone would've had it by now.

At first I was going to be Neon, but it was taken. Then I was going to be 1987, but I just didn't like it. I was Judgement Hammer for about a week. Looking back I should've went with Endless Nightmares. It's a pretty awesome name. Too long for some websites though.

My current Smash name is 56ケイ. But Japanese doesn't show up on every comp >_>

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
yea... my tag always pops up now. when i first decided to have BOSS as my tag, it wasn't taken at all. It sucks though, cause i built up a decent rep. down in socal and then people go on youtube and see like 12 different noobs playing under "the boss" or "boss" or something like that. then i get messages from people like "i saw ur vids on youtube, ur not as good as so and so said u were". haha. whatev though, maybe a new name would be good when brawl comes out, eh?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I've had a couple of Smash Bros. tags. The first tag I used was probably one of the most original. I dubbed myself "Ain Soph Aur" (or ASA, as denoted within the game). If anyone is familiar with reading Kabalistic texts, they would know that Ain Soph Aur literally means "the boundless light" and it is the light of creation that shines through all the spheres of heaven, earth, and hell. I thought the tag was sheer brilliance incarnate, really; I generally use this Kabalistic term as a screen name for everything else (and, surprisingly, it is taken in some places).

Then I went to a tournament and people got really confused by my tag. Lol.

So, I opted to change my name because of that. It needed to be really simple, yet something catchy. Problem was, I couldn't think of anything off-hand that interested me. The name "IMN" (or I'm in) was stale and derived from a Mudvayne song I really enjoyed; I actually used it for a buncha friendlies and practice sessions, but I eventually dismissed it. I also used **** for a little while; it garnered a couple of laughs, but it didn't have that kinda flair that I wanted. I also wasn't necessarily known for humor, after all. So, I continued to ponder until I started downloading a buncha music for my iPod.

Upon downloading Alien Ant Farm, it hit me. I always loved their rendition of Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal." It was infectious, light-hearted, and poked fun at the guy in a very subtle way. Though I'm a pretty serious guy, I'm a sucker for this kinda stuff. Hook, line, and sinker the epiphany latches on to me.

That's when my current screen name/tag was born. From that moment on, I was known as Smooth Criminal (or SC) in Smash and in a myriad other games. I couldn't tell you why "Smooth Criminal" fits me, because it doesn't. It just...worked. It had the flair and catchiness I wanted.

As for the issue of ripping off of other people's identities on a forum and beyond, I can't really say that I have had a problem with such a thing as of yet. I mean, I know there's at least one person on the forum that has this very same name (in fact, we exchanged words on a topic about a week ago). His name is decorated with asterisks, tildes, and whatnot; mine's plainly written. He had also been here alot longer than me (he had a couple hundred posts and joined in '05 and I have like, forty and have only been a member since '06). I am surprised that the mods didn't send me a notice to alter my screen name on behalf of the guy who already has it. If they don't, that's fine too; I'm not laying any sort of claim to the person's fame (if they have any). I am who I am, and I'm a modest Smasher who amounts to very little in the eyes of his peers. I'm not a Isai, a Ken, or even a Gimpyfish (lolz).

I'm just me, a guy who happens to have a not-so original name/tag but thoroughly enjoys it.

Smooth Criminal

tatsuha

Smash Cadet
Surprisingly, 56K wasn't taken. I was certain that someone would've had it by now.
everyone's moved up to DSL/cable now >_>

but srsly, 56k is oldschool, only trumped in le3t oldness by the horrendous 28.8s and 14.4s X-P

R.I.P.

Top Bottom