• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I really doubt the prospect of FreeLC this time. Unlike last game, they have plans for paid DLC announced ahead of time, which they aren't gonna put on hold to release however many veterans that were cut. If any veterans do come back post-launch, it's gonna be as paid DLC, most likely in a hypothetical Season 2 and beyond.

FazDude

Smash Master
FreeLC would be cool, but it feels like something that was done because they just couldn't finish Garfield and Shredder before the deadline and Nick wouldn't budge, so they decided "eh, screw it, we'll finish em later and give them out for free". Judging by how polished (for lack of a better word) this game looks than its predecessor, I don't think that'll be the case here.

I think getting DLC veterans is a possibility, but it'll probably be after we get the already-announced bunch.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think getting DLC veterans is a possibility, but it'll probably be after we get the already-announced bunch.
Depending on the amount of cuts. Hopefully, it'll be all the cut veterans that become DLC. Especially since there are suppose to be seasons beyond 1.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Depending on the amount of cuts. Hopefully, it'll be all the cut veterans that become DLC. Especially since there are suppose to be seasons beyond 1.
I don't know if fans would like such a move. Cutting content from the base game just to sell it back as DLC is very common practice, and it's not a very well liked one.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't know if fans would like such a move. Cutting content from the base game just to sell it back as DLC is very common practice, and it's not a very well liked one.
I mean it depends how many characters gets cut out. If its just a few like 2-3, that wouldn't take away too many DLC newcomers spots.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
And you're dooming. Assuming the leaks are legit and not a troll or from an outdated build, the only character we would know to be getting the axe would be Hugh, with PTM implied via Ren & Stumpy's showcase; the other 9 we have nothing for at this time.

It sucks, I know, but for now all we can do is be patient. Don't doompost, expect the worst, hope for the best.
I disagree, them intentionally omitting Donatello's special and him LITERALLY taking Leonardo's divekick move gives me no reason to believe they made at it. At this point, they would absolutely have stuck to their dumb "not including chars for a set" mindset.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I disagree, them intentionally omitting Donatello's special and him LITERALLY taking Leonardo's divekick move gives me no reason to believe they made at it. At this point, they would absolutely have stuck to their dumb "not including chars for a set" mindset.
It's totally possible the turtles share some moves to save resources, that's not out of the question. It's also possible they gave Leo a different move for his down special entirely.

Stop worrying about it so hard.

My god y'all are need to chill

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It's totally possible the turtles share some moves to save resources, that's not out of the question. It's also possible they gave Leo a different move for his down special entirely.

People are just overreacting to the recent news. It's not confirmed that all 11 missing veterans are cut, so they should chill out until we get more info.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman

Not a single character is gonna share an identical special, now that just feels like cope. Leo hasn't been spotted, there's more to suggest that he's gone and I refuse to get my hopes up again. The turtles being swapped is exactly what Ludosity would do they already kept April.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Not a single character is gonna share an identical special, now that just feels like cope. Leo hasn't been spotted, there's more to suggest that he's gone and I refuse to get my hopes up again. The turtles being swapped is exactly what Ludosity would do they already kept April.
It would basically be Ludosity destroying their reputation with the TMNT fanbase all for a sick joke.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Also Helga is part of a stage background. Hmm...
I want to doomerism here but I think they said back in NASB1 that stage cameos don't deconfirm.

Also holy ****, Lockjaw's pen was one of the potential Hey Arnold stages I thought of when the debate about it was going around.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Can we talk about how much BETTER Nigel's new stage is? It's flashy, it's dynamic, and it represents his series a hell of a lot better than that generic waterfall did. Whether you're a fan of the more casual layouts or not, you can't deny this is an OBJECTIVE improvement.
Seems like the Puff comparisons will actually make some degree of sense now that Nigel is basically Puff. I'm liking this new, more fluid Nigel a lot. Dunno how much I'll play him since I'm not big into footsies characters, but that movement looks like a ton of fun. Also, HE DOES THAT THING WITH HIS HANDS NOW. Character cuts be damned, this game's already perfect.
And yeah, press F for Helga. Seems that placeholder page was nothing more than a placeholder after all.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Nigel looks smashing! I love the stage (as well as the new Aquarium stage), and his new laugh animation. His super is hilarious too

EDIT: Wait, so is the Avatar stage Poke Floats????

Last edited:

Rioni

Smash Apprentice
I want to doomerism here but I think they said back in NASB1 that stage cameos don't deconfirm.
I'm wondering about that. Maybe this could be a Toon Link situation. But we'll see?

Edit: dang, just saw Blackimar's message. Welp, guess that's that. Total shame, she didn't deserve to get axed

Anyways, Nigel's animations and moveset looks really creative! Dunno I'll play as him often, but I'll give him a shot. He's such a silly guy. Also, Lockjaw's stage looks super niceee

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Probably nothing, because that's not what happened.
Even if that's the case, it's still begs the question to why they add
Gertie and Gerald
before Helga. You would think that they would have a priority order or something so that popular characters don't get cut because they realised that they bite more than they could chew and started working on to many newcomers, so populars veterans wouldn't get cut.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Of all the newcomers "taking a spot" from a cut vet, only Azula feels like she has some justification for doing so. Toph is cool but giving her up for Azula is a fair trade. What its not is doing the same mistake with the turtles. And i like beavers, but not enough to replace Catdog

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Of all the newcomers "taking a spot" from a cut vet, only Azula feels like she has some justification for doing so. Toph is cool but giving her up for Azula is a fair trade. What its not is doing the same mistake with the turtles. And i like beavers, but not enough to replace Catdog
I could honestly understand them cutting Sandy aswell. Sandy is pretty cool, but Squidward and Plankton seem to be more beloved than her. Just look at all the memes, AI covers, etc. It makes sense that the devs would rather make them than Sandy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom