• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I tend to use a lot of characters but I'll be maining Korra most likely. I wanna see how she plays.
And the other avatar characters and Jenny and the turtles and Gertie all interest me. And I'm sure more. I need to try the Beavers to see how they feel but I like them too :D.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The red is Sandy's punch, the yellow is where Arnold can be punched. Sandy's punch only barely touches Arnold despite being quite close to him, and she can only really even do that because his elbows are out in the stock render I chose - keep in mind that his fighting stance would most likely have both his arms to one side, making a back attack near-impossible for smaller characters unless it's an air attack or up move (a major hassle in free-for-alls). I'm honestly not even sure if Oblina would be able to land any of her ground attacks on Arnold with how small she is.
View attachment 378517
Reminds me of the infamous Marth vs Yoshi grab clip.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
So, I looked up pre-order charging times:

Xbox charges 10 days in advance, Nintendo and PS charge 7 days in advance

Presumably, NASB 2 should be up for pre order along with Azula's reveal some time before the 24th.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Reality is often disappointing sometimes.
(Two Loud House stages yet Lucy is only the sole rep, no wonder Lincoln had the lowest number of mains and is bland compared to his sisters despite being a fan of him)
Do the Nick Kart Racing games have online play? If so, then we can always race each other assuming the Beavers make it in the fourth and presumably if Lincoln is in that.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
This is easily the most forced "but muh playcount" derail on this thread so far.
No he's got a point. There's a whole ass character locked behind online play.

then why did we spend so much time talking about the new one earlier in the year?
Somewhere between the two NASB games, this sort of became a general Nick games thread for a while.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Looking at some tweet to Gerald reaction, it seems that it have a very good reaction from black people especially, and I saw many positive comments saying that they could have representation in the game. While I don't think it was the only factor, I wonder if this was to some extent a reason why he was chosen by the team, to have more diversity on the roster.

So for the dlc, I actually thought about something. What if we have Libby as a second Jimmy's rep for dlc? I remember she was fairly popular, and her moveset could focus on dance and science stuff, and she would add even more diversity on the cast.

Last edited:

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
my preferred dlc choices (conditions apply!)
(character one - toph!) - preferentially her elderly self from korra to better differentiate her kit. the idea of playing toph at the apotheosis of her personality, training and power would be divine. her moveset iirc was plenty contentious in the previous all-star brawl, so an update would be plenty welcome especially with what they've been doing with the bulk of the roster!
(character two - catdog/oblina) - it depends on the day ... seeing catdog return knowing how well beavers portrayed a tag mechanic, knowing they were the best-animated characters in base game ... or oblina with slime cancelling ... the heart yearns
(character three - mr horse!?) - i've campaigned silently for mr horse since the original installment, especially now in lieu of powdered toast man. i've always imagined them being a marth equivalent with their hooves? though really the character is so amiss in ren and stimpy's psychosis you could implement him with any design and it'd be hytserical. doubles though? no sir. he doesn't like it.
(character four - miko kubota!) - from my cursory knowledge, a character as effervescent as miko would be stunning,, being a modern character to boot! she wields this hammer, is able to implement status effects almost? so many ways to factor her support into a platfighter setting + her stage would be heavenly aesthetic-wise.

So for the dlc, I actually thought about something. What if we have Libby as a second Jimmy's rep for dlc? I remember she was fairly popular, and her moveset could focus on dance and science stuff, and she would add even more diversity on the cast.
LORD, i'd be down! excellent alt potential

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Gonna spoiler this because I'm gonna challenge myself to sticking to the leaks Not following "mediocre" since that's subjective, but no confirmed NPCs; no vets; and no new shows. Also following general implied-if-not-confirmed rules like "no Nick Jr.", "no repeat shows in the pass", "no weird obscure stuff", and "no movies".
Ed Bighead, Puma Loco, Cynthia, Carl Wheezer

If NPCs were allowed, replace Puma Loco, Cynthia, and Carl with Odie, Tommy, and Dutchman. If new shows are allowed, swap Carl/Dutchman for Otis. Cynthia is interchangable with Angelica herself.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Looking at some tweet to Gerald reaction, it seems that it have a very good reaction from black people especially, and I saw many positive comments saying that they could have representation in the game. While I don't think it was the only factor, I wonder if this was to some extent a reason why he was chosen by the team, to have more diversity on the roster.

Libby would be great. Jimmy Neutron is like SpongeBob and Hey Arnold (and to some extent Avatar) to me where like, they have tons of great character options, so I'm happy with almost anyone they could add.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
There's one thing I can't stand about Gerald in this game

It's his voice; it's not raspy enough.

Speaking of voices of Nick characters though: I got to meet Iroh's second VA today! He was great.
Gerald's replacement VAs all seem to have struggled replicating how Jamil Smith's voice developed throughout the series.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I mean the dude was a literal kid when he originally did the voice. Might just be difficult for him to replicate it. Same reason why Aang and Toph had different VA's in NASB1.
He wasn’t replaced when he went through puberty, and they even had an in-universe explanation for why his voice suddenly sounds so deep and raspy.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
He wasn’t replaced when he went through puberty, and they even had an in-universe explanation for why his voice suddenly sounds so deep and raspy.
Yeah, and they never hired him again after the series ended to voice Gerald. In the Jungle Movie, he and Arnold's original VA appear as other characters while new kids voice Arnold and Gerald.

Gonna spoiler this because I'm gonna challenge myself to sticking to the leaks Not following "mediocre" since that's subjective, but no confirmed NPCs; no vets; and no new shows. Also following general implied-if-not-confirmed rules like "no Nick Jr.", "no repeat shows in the pass", "no weird obscure stuff", and "no movies".

If NPCs were allowed, replace Puma Loco, Cynthia, and Carl with Odie, Tommy, and Dutchman. If new shows are allowed, swap Carl/Dutchman for Otis. Cynthia is interchangable with Angelica herself.
If those were the DLC for this game, then I may actually agree with the "mediocre" claim. No count against anyone who likes those characters, but I'd just wait for MultiVersus to come back, or even for the next Smash game.

Laniv

Smash Champion

Puma Loco? I'll take it!

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Let’s eliminate some series options first

Ren & Stimpy, Angry Beavers: I would genuinely be shocked if they added literally anyone from these series’. If I absolutely had to name a likely candidate I’d say Mr. Horse but eh

SpongeBob, Hey Arnold: It got 2 newcomers in base game, they’re both pretty popular but I just don’t see them doing a third newcomer for this game for either of them as DLC

Danny Phantom: It’s been claimed by the leaker that Danny, Ember and Vlad apparently rotated between 2 slots for a bit, before they eventually settled on Danny and Ember. If we were getting another DP character as DLC I can’t justify why it wouldn’t be Vlad, but since he was also deconfirmed by the leaker I will instead assume it’s not getting any DLC

Rocko: I don’t think this is a set in stone rule but something I did notice regarding the Nick crossover games is that Rocko got 2 reps in these games when he was actively getting stuff (Super Brawl Universe and KR2 gave us Heffer as well, and during that period of time also gave us Rocko comics and Static Cling which released in 2019). And ever since Static Cling came and went and no new Rocko project was in sight, it got reduced back down to just Rocko himself. Even in KR3 Heffer was one of the few roster cuts. Again, this isn’t a definitive rule, but I do think there could be some merit to it due to Danny’s series finally getting more than just Danny in a year where he’s finally getting something new (the comic). So I will assume that Rocko isn’t getting another character in this instance

Wild Thornberrys, Garfield: These two series feel like they’re already well represented with the characters we got and I imagine the devs would feel similarly. Especially with Garf leaning more into memes I feel like it’d just make an inclusion like Jon even more redundant. It’s like, Nigel and Garfield being the sole reps of their series is kinda what makes them special and neat, and I just doubt that that’ll change

Avatar/Korra, Jimmy Neutron, El Tigre: These franchises got new characters/cut characters in base game and according to a playtester the DLC supposedly rounds out the base roster decently well. I imagine that means filling up series rep that’s more lacking atm rather than adding onto what’s already there

So as far as franchises go that leaves Loud House, Rugrats, TMNT, Invader Zim and MLAATR

It’s a tough call from here on who I think we’d end up getting but I’m gonna refer back to how other GameMill Nick games tend to rep series and go from there

Generally, they have 2 LH reps, 4 TMNT reps, 2 Invader Zim reps, 1 MLAATR rep and a varying quantity for Rugrats. Considering we currently have 1 LH character, 3 TMNT characters and 1 IZ character (if Gir is included with Zim as one I suppose) so I’d wager those 3 franchises we’ll get a character

From there I think it’s between Rugrats and MLAATR and I think I will have to lean towards Rugrats here, partly due to MLAATR generally just getting repped by Jenny and partly because the DLC is currently lacking 90’s franchises and Rugrats seems to be the only remaining viable option

so my franchise predictions for DLC are:
  • Rugrats
  • Invader Zim
  • TMNT
  • Loud House

Just from a franchise standpoint this feels like it fulfills the definition of being kinda mixed, since a lot of people want more Rugrats/Invader Zim, but also don’t necessarily want more TMNT/Loud House

Now to determine who’s actually in:

Rugrats: Chuckie

Prepare for a long read on this one

So I’m of the belief Nick crossover games have had…some kind of correlation in regards to their rosters. I think I’ve explained this belief before but KR3 has every currently cut NASB 2 character as playable except for Shredder and Hugh, but also noticeably does not have Nigel. Meanwhile Nick Tennis DID have Thornberrys, but it was Eliza, not Nigel

Anyways, Rugrats started out with Tommy, Angelica and Reptar, and KR2 added Chuckie. Fast forward to KR3 and we have Reptar, Chuckie and Suzie, but no Tommy or Angelica

Then in Nick Tennis we got Angelica and Suzie, but no Tommy, Reptar or Chuckie. And now here in NASB 2 have Reptar and Tommy as part of his win/loss animation.

It’s also worth mentioning Reptar, Tommy, Angelica, Chuckie and Suzie were the only 5 Rugrats characters to get announcer calls in NASB 1, no Phil & Lil, no Stu, etc

What I’m getting at with the correlation between Nick game rosters is that it seems like for certain franchises characters take turns repping their series. Reptar is consistently in all of them, but then we have Suzie in 2 games in a row, Tommy finally back, but as part of Reptar’s win/loss thing, and Angelica was in Nick Tennis as the sole Rugrats rep initially

That leaves Chuckie, who we know already has his voice actor attached for the game (Chuckie’s KR3 voice actor is also Lucy’s) and thanks to things like Chuckie Chan has more realizable fighter/meme potential that would probably influence Ludosity/Fair Play/Nickelodeon to pick him

Invader Zim: Dib Membrane

Gir is still with Zim, Gaz is an NPC, Professor Membrane has like no alt potential, that leaves Dib as the obvious IZ pick and also a top request. After all some of the DLC picks are still supposed to be good

TMNT: Probably Casey Jones, maybe a villain

Casey Jones feels like the obvious pick here, would round out the crew the best with Splinter not being an option now, but I could also see them potentially going for a classic non Shredder villain. Whether that’s Bebop and/or Rocksteady, Baxter Stockman, Lord Dregg, who knows for sure. But the safest prediction is Casey so that’s what I’ll stick to

Loud House: Luan Loud

While Luan is definitely the most speculated/probably desired LH newcomer, she’s always been a divisive character even in the immediate fanbase. And doubly over here since she’s LH, but generally speaking most of her other sisters are either a bit plain, mechanically redundant, or just have better alternatives in general (I’m also ruling out Clyde and Ronnie Anne on that last metric thank you Gerald 🔥)

So in conclusion, my current DLC prediction looks something like this. It’d sell, has a couple good and a couple bad picks, rounds out the base game roster decently well, etc

IMG_2494.jpeg

Thanks for reading let me know how wrong I am

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Ren & Stimpy, Angry Beavers: I would genuinely be shocked if they added literally anyone from these series’. If I absolutely had to name a likely candidate I’d say Mr. Horse but eh

SpongeBob, Hey Arnold: It got 2 newcomers in base game, they’re both pretty popular but I just don’t see them doing a third newcomer for this game for either of them as DLC

Danny Phantom: It’s been claimed by the leaker that Danny, Ember and Vlad apparently rotated between 2 slots for a bit, before they eventually settled on Danny and Ember. If we were getting another DP character as DLC I can’t justify why it wouldn’t be Vlad, but since he was also deconfirmed by the leaker I will instead assume it’s not getting any DLC

Rocko: I don’t think this is a set in stone rule but something I did notice regarding the Nick crossover games is that Rocko got 2 reps in these games when he was actively getting stuff (Super Brawl Universe and KR2 gave us Heffer as well, and during that period of time also gave us Rocko comics and Static Cling which released in 2019). And ever since Static Cling came and went and no new Rocko project was in sight, it got reduced back down to just Rocko himself. Even in KR3 Heffer was one of the few roster cuts. Again, this isn’t a definitive rule, but I do think there could be some merit to it due to Danny’s series finally getting more than just Danny in a year where he’s finally getting something new (the comic). So I will assume that Rocko isn’t getting another character in this instance

Wild Thornberrys, Garfield: These two series feel like they’re already well represented with the characters we got and I imagine the devs would feel similarly. Especially with Garf leaning more into memes I feel like it’d just make an inclusion like Jon even more redundant. It’s like, Nigel and Garfield being the sole reps of their series is kinda what makes them special and neat, and I just doubt that that’ll change

Avatar/Korra, Jimmy Neutron, El Tigre: These franchises got new characters/cut characters in base game and according to a playtester the DLC supposedly rounds out the base roster decently well. I imagine that means filling up series rep that’s more lacking atm rather than adding onto what’s already there

So as far as franchises go that leaves Loud House, Rugrats, TMNT, Invader Zim and MLAATR

It’s a tough call from here on who I think we’d end up getting but I’m gonna refer back to how other GameMill Nick games tend to rep series and go from there

Generally, they have 2 LH reps, 4 TMNT reps, 2 Invader Zim reps, 1 MLAATR rep and a varying quantity for Rugrats. Considering we currently have 1 LH character, 3 TMNT characters and 1 IZ character (if Gir is included with Zim as one I suppose) so I’d wager those 3 franchises we’ll get a character

From there I think it’s between Rugrats and MLAATR and I think I will have to lean towards Rugrats here, partly due to MLAATR generally just getting repped by Jenny and partly because the DLC is currently lacking 90’s franchises and Rugrats seems to be the only remaining viable option

• Rugrats
  • Invader Zim
  • TMNT
  • Loud House

Just from a franchise standpoint this feels like it fulfills the definition of being kinda mixed, since a lot of people want more Rugrats/Invader Zim, but also don’t necessarily want more TMNT/Loud House

So I’m of the belief Nick crossover games have had…some kind of correlation in regards to their rosters. I think I’ve explained this belief before but KR3 has every currently cut NASB 2 character as playable except for Shredder and Hugh, but also noticeably does not have Nigel. Meanwhile Nick Tennis DID have Thornberrys, but it was Eliza, not Nigel

Anyways, Rugrats started out with Tommy, Angelica and Reptar, and KR2 added Chuckie. Fast forward to KR3 and we have Reptar, Chuckie and Suzie, but no Tommy or Angelica

Then in Nick Tennis we got Angelica and Suzie, but no Tommy, Reptar or Chuckie. And now here in NASB 2 have Reptar and Tommy as part of his win/loss animation.

It’s also worth mentioning Reptar, Tommy, Angelica, Chuckie and Suzie were the only 5 Rugrats characters to get announcer calls in NASB 1, no Phil & Lil, no Stu, etc

What I’m getting at with the correlation between Nick game rosters is that it seems like for certain franchises characters take turns repping their series. Reptar is consistently in all of them, but then we have Suzie in 2 games in a row, Tommy finally back, but as part of Reptar’s win/loss thing, and Angelica was in Nick Tennis as the sole Rugrats rep initially

That leaves Chuckie, who we know already has his voice actor attached for the game (Chuckie’s KR3 voice actor is also Lucy’s) and thanks to things like Chuckie Chan has more realizable fighter/meme potential that would probably influence Ludosity/Fair Play/Nickelodeon to pick him

Gir is still with Zim, Gaz is an NPC, Professor Membrane has like no alt potential, that leaves Dib as the obvious IZ pick and also a top request. After all some of the DLC picks are still supposed to be good

Casey Jones feels like the obvious pick here, would round out the crew the best with Splinter not being an option now, but I could also see them potentially going for a classic non Shredder villain. Whether that’s Bebop and/or Rocksteady, Baxter Stockman, Lord Dregg, who knows for sure. But the safest prediction is Casey so that’s what I’ll stick to

While Luan is definitely the most speculated/probably desired LH newcomer, she’s always been a divisive character even in the immediate fanbase. And doubly over here since she’s LH, but generally speaking most of her other sisters are either a bit plain, mechanically redundant, or just have better alternatives in general (I’m also ruling out Clyde and Ronnie Anne on that last metric thank you Gerald 🔥)

So in conclusion, my current DLC prediction looks something like this. It’d sell, has a couple good and a couple bad picks, rounds out the base game roster decently well, etc

View attachment 378607
I like your post for how much you put into it and explained, but think the picks are not popular enough choices ,.. I think if what leakers said is true, it's more that it's mediocre because it's existing franchises, not that the picks in the franchise are

My guess for dlc would be more straightforward, as Angelica (rugrats), Donny (wild thornberries), no other tmnt rep but instead Heffer (rocko's), and/or either a rep from teenage robot, jimmy neutron, or el tigre.

But if i take no leaker hearsay into it, then it really opens up possibilities, and really I don't see a point to only think along what leakers say for now.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

• Rugrats
  • Invader Zim
  • TMNT
  • Loud House

View attachment 378607
I definitely think you were too quick to discount certain options, namely another Jimmy Neutron character and Professor Membrane.

For Membrane, we have evidence with Plankton that they're able to give at least some leeway for alts, as at best his alts just reference various Plankton robots and statues as opposed to strictly being alts of this specific robot from Sponge Out of Water. So I could see Membrane getting in with like, lab coat recolors that reference certain other characters (like a black one for Dib, a purple one for Gaz/Almighty Tallest Purple, and a red one for Almighty Tallest Red). Plus from what I've seen he's a more popular request than Dib is when it comes to this game, and he fits as a more offbeat pick which the devs love to do.

And for a Jimmy Neutron character...we know that it's supposed to "round out" the base roster, so why discount a second Jimmy Neutron character? It's an incredibly popular Nickelodeon property that lost a fighter, making it just break even in this game with a single character. Shoring up its playable character count feels like a no-brainer for "rounding out the base roster." It's a massive, popular IP with a ton of fan favorite characters to potentially add.

Definitely agree on Casey Jones being likely, at least.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I definitely think you were too quick to discount certain options, namely another Jimmy Neutron character and Professor Membrane.

For Membrane, we have evidence with Plankton that they're able to give at least some leeway for alts, as at best his alts just reference various Plankton robots and statues as opposed to strictly being alts of this specific robot from Sponge Out of Water. So I could see Membrane getting in with like, lab coat recolors that reference certain other characters (like a black one for Dib, a purple one for Gaz/Almighty Tallest Purple, and a red one for Almighty Tallest Red). Plus from what I've seen he's a more popular request than Dib is when it comes to this game, and he fits as a more offbeat pick which the devs love to do.

And for a Jimmy Neutron character...we know that it's supposed to "round out" the base roster, so why discount a second Jimmy Neutron character? It's an incredibly popular Nickelodeon property that lost a fighter, making it just break even in this game with a single character. Shoring up its playable character count feels like a no-brainer for "rounding out the base roster." It's a massive, popular IP with a ton of fan favorite characters to potentially add.

I have yet to see Professor Membrane place higher than Dib on a poll so idk what you mean about him being more requested. And believe me I’d love Professor Membrane, I speculated him as far back as NASB 1 base roster, and while the Plankton thing is true, those are still based on other Plankton mechs, but as far as I can tell Membrane truly doesn’t have anything to work with that wouldn’t either look too similar to his base design or just be completely made up, which we don’t know for sure if even possible under Nick’s rules

Generally speaking I think Jimmy Neutron AND El Tigre are big enough with the fanbase to have potentially gotten more rep via DLC, but I’m definitely indecisive on who from each. For JN I’d wager Carl, Sheen, Cindy and Ultralord are probably the only truly viable candidates (all of which have their own things holding them back such as the JN stage cards and Ultralord basically not having moveset potential) and El Tigre having White Pantera, Puma Loco and Black Cuervo

Based on how the DLC has been described I’d wager Ultralord and Black Cuervo are the most likely of that batch but who knows

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Them Nick dad's...Getting in over their children. Lol.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord

I have yet to see Professor Membrane place higher than Dib on a poll so idk what you mean about him being more requested. And believe me I’d love Professor Membrane, I speculated him as far back as NASB 1 base roster, and while the Plankton thing is true, those are still based on other Plankton mechs, but as far as I can tell Membrane truly doesn’t have anything to work with that wouldn’t either look too similar to his base design or just be completely made up, which we don’t know for sure if even possible under Nick’s rules

Generally speaking I think Jimmy Neutron AND El Tigre are big enough with the fanbase to have potentially gotten more rep via DLC, but I’m definitely indecisive on who from each. For JN I’d wager Carl, Sheen, Cindy and Ultralord are probably the only truly viable candidates (all of which have their own things holding them back such as the JN stage cards and Ultralord basically not having moveset potential) and El Tigre having White Pantera, Puma Loco and Black Cuervo

Based on how the DLC has been described I’d wager Ultralord and Black Cuervo are the most likely of that batch but who knows

I'd discount a Jimmy Neutron character for the DLC pack purely because I keep getting a gut feeling they might bring Hugh back in a free update (or DLC separately from the pass like Plant) since all signs point to him being the last character worked on before it became apparent cuts had to happen.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Although in the case of Nigel he was the character people remember the most from the show, while Hugh was memed into the game by the fandom only for the sequel to cut Hugh and add Jimmy himself instead.
Nigel was also a meme tho...

Where do you think the whole "SMASHING" came from?

Last edited:
Top Bottom