• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Plankton seems... interesting. Right out of the gate, I'm worried about his sauce. A super low-commitment projectile that slows you down AND weakens your DI? YIKES. Going on the offensive against this guy might be a pain in the ass. Good thing I'm mostly looking at zoners.
I'm surprised at how many fighting game references they packed into his moveset. Guy's got Burn Knuckle, Power Wave, a move literally called "Chain Grab," AND Potemkin Buster - he even says "BLOCK THIS!" when he does the Buster. Who would've known Plankton would be the fighting game homage of this game?

courtesy of nasbcord
No... NO...

NOT AGAIN...

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Someone did an analysis for Raphael's moveset & pointed out which references he had, he also noted how raph has a move based on mikey which is based on how the first game were leo & mikey had some borrowed attacks from their brothers.

He also pointed out raph's punk costume origins, brought up what rep said about april's black jumpsuit alt, and the idea of raph being the fastest turtle is probably inaccurate to the comics since mikey takes that roll.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Someone did an analysis for Raphael's moveset & pointed out which references he had, he also noted how raph has a move based on mikey which is based on how the first game were leo & mikey had some borrowed attacks from their brothers.

He also pointed out raph's punk costume origins, brought up what rep said about april's black jumpsuit alt, and the idea of raph being the fastest turtle is probably inaccurate to the comics since mikey takes that roll.
simpsons-awkward-collar-pull-o.gif

Ohhh, boy. Can't help but be a little worried for Mikey's chances now. I still think he's probably safe (he was literally the most prominent character in the NASB1 segment of the trailer) but if they're putting parts of him into Raph, that's a bit concerning.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
View attachment 376936

Ohhh, boy. Can't help but be a little worried for Mikey's chances now. I still think he's probably safe (he was literally the most prominent character in the NASB1 segment of the trailer) but if they're putting parts of him into Raph, that's a bit concerning.
I'm concerned for all of the missing veterans except Helga because they accidentally leaked her.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
If they only do two turtles again, it'll be another bad character decision that will kill a LOT of the momentum they're gunning for with this release. "Visual Variety" (April ****ing) be damned, we want all four turtles! Again, people will be way happier that all four turtles are here than annoyed that TMNT has six reps.

Ready for the fanbase to be split between two games?

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Wonder how many games its gonna take to get to its "EVERYONE IS HERE!"?
The fact that we need to wait for that just to get major Nick staples back into the game is honestly a disgrace. I respect the devs, but they should NOT have gone for as many newcomers if they didn't have the resources to bring everyone back.

I can already see Grandma Gertie becoming the embodiment of this game's roster problems, and a Jar Jar Binks-esque scapegoat.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
If they only do two turtles again, it'll be another bad character decision that will kill a LOT of the momentum they're gunning for with this release. "Visual Variety" (April ****ing) be damned, we want all four turtles! Again, people will be way happier that all four turtles are here than annoyed that TMNT has six reps.

Ready for the fanbase to be split between two games?
I mean, let's not kid ourselves, with how tiny the first game's playerbase is, how many people do you think are gonna stick around over a handful of questionable cuts? If people abandon ship on this game week 2 like they did the first time, they aren't going to NASB1.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I mean, let's not kid ourselves, with how tiny the first game's playerbase is, how many people do you think are gonna stick around over a handful of questionable cuts? If people abandon ship on this game week 2 like they did the first time, they aren't going to NASB1.
I'm talking about existing fans who's mains got cut. Look how many people aren't gonna buy if Toph isn't in. Right now we're looking at almost half of the original game's roster being gone. They might just stick to the game with the roster they like more.

As it stands, NASB2's roster doesn't feel like an upgrade, it feels like a trade-off.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
As it stands, NASB2's roster doesn't feel like an upgrade, it feels like a trade-off.
To the point where you can almost pinpoint who's replacing who.

Two Turtles are out for the other two
If Toph is gone, Azula is the replacement
If Helga or Lincoln are gone, Gerald feels like a replacement.
Gertie feels like she could fill in for either Hugh (parental figure bizarrely getting in over the protagonist) or Oblina (semi-obscure female 90's character pick)
If the Beavers are a duo, that's them possibly replacing the other yellow and brown furred, red and purple nosed duo fighter. (And you better believe I'm adding "they're just making them a duo because CatDog isn't there" a part of my "reasons duo Beavers is stupid" list.)

I really wish stuff like this didn't always have to come with a catch. I get cuts have to happen but THIS MANY being on the table is frankly insane.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Guys, relax even if Raph is using a move from Mikey that shouldn't mean that they're cutting him out or atleast replace the last two turtles with the missing two.

I had a feeling you all would freak out about the details which admittedly was worth it, but you all need to relax & keep some optimism.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion

Gertie feels like she could fill in for either Hugh (parental figure bizarrely getting in over the protagonist) or Oblina (semi-obscure female 90's character pick)
If the Beavers are a duo, that's them possibly replacing the other yellow and brown furred, red and purple nosed duo fighter. (And you better believe I'm adding "they're just making them a duo because CatDog isn't there" a part of my "reasons duo Beavers is stupid" list.)

I really wish stuff like this didn't always have to come with a catch. I get cuts have to happen but THIS MANY being on the table is frankly insane.
Especially when its basically half of the original game's roster, and contains many Nick superstars. Its not like cutting Wolf or the Ice Climbers.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Personally speaking, I'm speculating the 6 characters we saw in the NASB1 footage + Hugh (PapaGenos leak) and one of CatDog or Oblina will stay, which would leave only three cuts (CatDog/Oblina, PTM, and Shredder); I'd be fine if the DLC gets a second season of four having three of the eight bringing the returning vets back. I'd rather that than a bunch of cuts.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I can already see Grandma Gertie becoming the embodiment of this game's roster problems, and a Jar Jar Binks-esque scapegoat.
Problems? She's the most interesting pick IMO.

EIH is never happening, ever. We've been over this before. There's a pretty high likelihood that NASB 3 could also be a mechanical rework and built from the ground up.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm talking about existing fans who's mains got cut. Look how many people aren't gonna buy if Toph isn't in. Right now we're looking at almost half of the original game's roster being gone. They might just stick to the game with the roster they like more.

It's pretty much another Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite situation, except its worse because this time the cut characters don't have the issue of their film rights belonging to a competing studio.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
There's a pretty high likelihood that NASB 3 could also be a mechanical rework and built from the ground up.
Video game sequels don't scrap all the previous games' assets without having a very good reason to do so, IE switching from 2D to 3D. What if they think NASB2's assets are good enough to not warrant this?

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Honestly? For now, I don't think this means much, and I think you guys need to take some deep breaths and not think so catastrophically, especially since it's apparently only the one move, and it's literally nothing more than an upwards kick. Hell, despite this apparently being a move Mikey had in that TMNT game, he didn't even have it in the first All-Star Brawl.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

Honestly I think most of the replacement are really bad if that's the case.
The 2 Turtles I actually dont't mind personally because with a roster this small I can understand not wanting all 4.
But Toph is much cooler than Azula imo.
Helga is definitely cooler than Gerald
And I know Beavers have a huge fanbase here but I feel like CatDog made much more sense and should have been a priority.

The roster feels like the dev saw fan requests and didn't understand that people wanted those characters as an extension of the first game roster. Turtles are the prime example of this. On numerous poll people voted for Donnie and Raph not because they're better than Mikey and Leo, but because people wanted all 4. Similarly, Gerald could have been actually a decent Pick if he was complementing Helga, but now it just feels wrong. Beavers would have been cool to complete the 90s rep with Oblina and CatDog, but if we're losing them there's barely any point to add them. Again, people didn't want Beavers because it was the best 90s rep over the others, they wanted them because it was a way to rep every 90s Nicktoons with the first game roster.
/SPOILER]

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

It would basically be weird if they advertised the game's roster as bigger and better than the original only to turn out to be the exact same size.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
It would basically be weird if they advertised the game's roster as bigger and better than the original only to turn out to be the exact same size.
Out of curiosity, where did they advertise that the roster was going to be "bigger and better"?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm really not sure why people are suddenly acting like Helga was cut when she was leaked through the website.

Come on now.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
But an overwhelming chunk of the roster of Nick superstars shouldn't be cut to accomodate her. Imagine if we had characters like Kirby, Luigi, Pit, Lucario, etc being cut to accommodate Piranha Plant.
I have a hard time believing Pit or Lucario are Nintendo superstars, let alone more iconic than Plant. Cult classics? Maybe, but not on the level of Luigi, Kirby, and Plant.

Also, Lucario is like THE "I forgot this guy was in Smash" guy, he's arguably one of the most logical cuts.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I have a hard time believing Pit or Lucario are Nintendo superstars, let alone more iconic than Plant. Cult classics? Maybe, but not on the level of Luigi, Kirby, and Plant.
you know lucario was once voted second most popular Pokemon? He’s also one of the few non gen 1 Pokémon guaranteed to return in main series games?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
you know lucario was once voted second most popular Pokemon? He’s also one of the few non gen 1 Pokémon guaranteed to return in main series games?
And he got his own movie, served as the intro to Mega Evolution in XY, and was used by countless trainers throughout the franchise. Lucario is arguably the most recognizable Pokémon that didn’t debut in Red and Blue.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion

Also, Lucario is like THE "I forgot this guy was in Smash" guy, he's arguably one of the most logical cuts.
Fair, I don't think Plant was a great example. But you get where I'm coming from.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

You've been on the internet how long dude?

There's a reason Lucario shows up in every single Pokemon game. It isn't just because the devs like them.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
Well, this came at a convenient time

EDIT: OK, I take it this game will be as grappler-centric as the first game was rushdown. jokes
Holy crap, El Tigre looks so good! The stage is a reference to the episode ""The Good, the Bad, and the Tigre", and the music is some of the best I've heard from this game

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well, this came at a convenient time

EDIT: OK, I take it this game will be as grappler-centric as the first game was rushdown. jokes
On one note, at the rate they're doing these reveals
The sooner we could we get to see Daggett and Norbert in action

On the another note though, still no returning veterans...I'm actually starting to wonder if they had indeed been cut...Praying for you my Aussie bro Mamboo07 Mamboo07

Last edited:

darkvortex

Smash Champion
I have a feeling ember or azula are next but they could be randoma nd do like Gerald or something

Faso115

Smash Lord
Is the voice the same one as the show? can't tell lol.

Great to see him here! And with his own stage too. Probably he's gonna be tomorrow's showcase...if there's any.

Top Bottom