• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Hopefully we get a July reveal at least, a longer prerelease is great for generating speculation and hype.
Especially considering that we got a July reveal last time and platform fighters tend to generate more hype and speculation than kart racing games do.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
One small detail in NASB I really like is that items are set to off by default, even on timed mode. Makes them seem more like a fun bonus thing like Sports is than a "core part of the game experience", which I appreciate.

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Are we still sure we're getting a new entry this year? I mean sure the leak hasn't really been debunked yet but...
Yeah, that was my thought too. A reveal might not even be for another year out, depending how how much time and money Nick is allowing them to have.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Never mind, I can wait.
Aside from a few minor squabbles (April/Dora, etc.), NASB's prerelease was pretty fun.

Yeah, that was my thought too. A reveal might not even be for another year out, depending how how much time and money Nick is allowing them to have.
Though at the same time, GameMill doesn't have any Nick projects slated for this year. I guess all we'll have to go off of for now is leaked website listings like last time. Then again, if they were gonna wait another year we might've gotten another round of DLC (which would've run parallel to NASB2 since those characters could also be NASB2 base game picks, thus developing for 2 games at once)

Still, just throwing ideas out there.

Also, anyone realize how bizarre Danny looks in the leak pictures? They're probably doing the same thing for him that they did for Jenny, and giving him a mostly fixed head angle.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Never mind, I can wait.
that tfw when people want a multiplayer focused game to have multiple players

Aside from a few minor squabbles (April/Dora, etc.), NASB's prerelease was pretty fun.
NASB discussion isn't free from arguments anyway, niche or otherwise. Two words: Hugh Neutron
Also, anyone realize how bizarre Danny looks in the leak pictures? They're probably doing the same thing for him that they did for Jenny, and giving him a mostly fixed head angle.
I think most of us already came to the conclusion the new Danny was not meant to be seen at that angle.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I personally loved pre-release discussion of NASB, mainly due to the twists and turns like how many characters we were getting and Foot Girl stuff
...I'm gonna be honest I forgot about the shadows on the cover and I thought there was some Dan Schneider stuff going on with the community based on the way you worded that

LimeTH

Smash Lord
NASB pre-release was honestly more fun than I had with Ultimate or MVS.

The concept in itself is so silly and unbelievable that the lead up itself was silly in turn. The NASB general and RTC were so goofy and most people were more willing to be funny and take it less seriously, even during debates. That and NASB is so laser focused on it's Nicktoons only crossover, which is a pretty limited pool to choose from, that it was easier to narrow down potentials. As opposed to how the others, anyone and everyone is possible, which I think leads to a lot of wild spectulation and people arguing over whose third party character pick is better than everyone else's.

It's not until the game actually came out and DLC started rolling in that it started getting more serious. We saw what Nick's meddling did, and Hugh kinda broke everyone's brains.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I had a nightmare where NASB 2 was shadow dropped and it was complete trash. It mechanically played as a direct clone of SSBU down to the input lag, every character got revised in really dumb ways (Patrick's rock super from the leak was a regular move with almost no lag), they added excessive hazards to all the competitive stages (the jellyfish from the jelly item were fixed onto Jellyfish Fields as a hazard), and the newcomer selection was the most boring imaginable (Jimmy, Timmy, Zuko, and Squidward. Nobody else)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I had a nightmare where NASB 2 was shadow dropped and it was complete trash. It mechanically played as a direct clone of SSBU down to the input lag, every character got revised in really dumb ways (Patrick's rock super from the leak was a regular move with almost no lag), they added excessive hazards to all the competitive stages (the jellyfish from the jelly item were fixed onto Jellyfish Fields as a hazard), and the newcomer selection was the most boring imaginable (Jimmy, Timmy, Zuko, and Squidward. Nobody else)
We already know what you don't want, you don't have to format it like "I had a nightmare where..."

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
(Jimmy, Timmy, Zuko, and Squidward. Nobody else)
While these are still fantastic picks, I completely agree that it would be extremely disappointing if it were just them as the sequel newcomer selection. It feels like the kind of thing Kart Racers 3 would do. Do you remember if any characters were cut?

That reminds me, I had a dream about NASB once where, for some reason, Kirby and King Dedede were playable.

jokes aside I truly am worried if we get a NASB 2 they're gonna pull a Rivals 2 and make it closer to Smash than it should ever be
I mean, they ARE still trying to be Melee... I wouldn't worry about that, Ludocity seems to know what it's doing. Granted, I wouldn't mind a few Smash-based things like assist trophies, but even with that NASB has enough to fundamentally set itself apart. Smash just codified so many elements of the platform fighter genre that some overlap is inevitable. I'd still rather have a good game that plays closer to Smash than something that tries so hard to be different and look different (Playstation All Stars Battle Royale and Multiversus) that a lot of its' ideas don't work, Either way, NASB has hit a balance and I don't expect that to change in a sequel.

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
One thing I'd love in a NASB 2 is a stage based on those old bumpers from the 80's and 90's.

I'd imagine it'd take place in some trippy aesthetical void kinda like PokeFloats, with various characters and elements from the bumpers serving as platforms. The music would also be a doo-wop, acapella song as in the first video linked.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Potential New NASB 2 Leak/Rumor

Mind you this is just a text post or two from 4Chan that I don't really believe at all, but it has enough unique ideas and choices from most NASB speculation that I'm entertaining it anyways

To those that don't feel like clicking on the link, I'll summarize what they say
  • The person making this claim apparently quit "Fair Play Games"
  • Revealed during Summer Game Fest
  • All consoles plus crossplay day 1
  • 11 newcomers
  • Some of the newcomers include Squidward, Heffer, Kitty Katswell, Vlad and Timmy's Dad (they make special note that Timmy is not playable)
  • Arnold and "the rat from TMNT" are supposedly free DLC characters
  • There will be an Assist Trophy-esque item and they list/explain a handful of them
  • Gaz will stand on stage playing a game and if you get near her will get hit
  • Gary slimes the stage and will cause an AOE effect to anyone that makes contact
  • Cosmo and Wanda apply random effects to the other fighters
  • Goddard is a rideable like Gogoat in Smash and can fire lasers in 4 directions
  • Filbert is "like Resetti from Brawl" and will just stand on stage reading comics
  • Dudley Puppy will grapple around the stage, sometimes failing and falling
  • Claims there will be a mode similar to Adventure Mode from Melee, no cutscenes
  • All characters return and receive 3 alternative costumes each
  • Still $49.99 price point

I think the last part gives away that this is phony since even Rep didn't know what the game would be priced at before we got close to launch but idk what do you guys think? Like any ideas from it?

D

Deleted member

Mind you this is just a text post or two from 4Chan that I don't really believe at all, but it has enough unique ideas and choices from most NASB speculation that I'm entertaining it anyways

To those that don't feel like clicking on the link, I'll summarize what they say
  • 11 newcomers
  • Some of the newcomers include Squidward, Heffer, Kitty Katswell, Vlad and Timmy's Dad (they make special note that Timmy is not playable)
  • There will be an Assist Trophy-esque item and they list/explain a handful of them
  • Gary slimes the stage and will cause an AOE effect to anyone that makes contact
  • Goddard is a rideable like Gogoat in Smash and can fire lasers in 4 directions
  • Filbert is "like Resetti from Brawl" and will just stand on stage reading comics
  • Claims there will be a mode similar to Adventure Mode from Melee, no cutscenes

I think the last part gives away that this is phony since even Rep didn't know what the game would be priced at before we got close to launch but idk what do you guys think? Like any ideas from it?
Most of this is fairly believable but the Timmys Dad bit is a little too inside baseball and not something I see them doing

Last edited by a moderator:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed

• 11 newcomers

ah yes the leaks that are really just a wish list

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403

• 11 newcomers

There's no way they're doing the "meme dad over main characer" thing again.

D

Deleted member

Really feels like they took some llogical fandom picks like Heffer, Squidward and Vlad and then tried to throw A wacky pick in to standout. I don't buy it. Plus didn't we work out that NASB probably won't be at SGF?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
There's no way they're doing the "meme dad over main characer" thing again.
Yeah. They've already done it twice, although Nigel is The Wild Thornberry's most popular character and most people watch the show just for him, and Hugh had a massive fan backing so big that even Hugh's own voice actor Mark DeCarlo joined in. I can't see them doing the same thing to Timmy because Timmy's Dad doesn't have the same level of demand as Hugh or Nigel did, or even Timmy himself. That would just piss off FOP fans who have been waiting 16 years to see Timmy playable in a console game again.

LimeTH

Smash Lord

• 11 newcomers

I would have believed it if not for the Timmy's Dad thing.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I would have believed it if not for the Timmy's Dad thing.
I dunno if it's that or the free DLC that gives it away. Garfield and Shredder weren't free DLC for the sake of free DLC, they were meant to be there on day 1 but couldn't because lol1yearofdevtimein2021

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Even though I'd like him in the game, I think Splinter is a major red flag for this leak - considering just how controversial the TMNT content in the first game was, I imagine they'd show a bit more restraint with turtles stuff for NASB 2. I could only really see Splinter getting in without Raph and Donnie, and I can't really imagine NASB 2 not having Raph and Donnie.

I also think the lack of mention made towards mechanics is a little bit of a red flag, given that NASB 1 was primarily marketed off of its mechanics and not its content or characters. You'd expect there to be a "NASB 2 has side specials" or "NASB 2 removes RPS" thrown in there or something (even though I wouldn't want either of those IMO)

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Most of this is fairly believable but the Timmys Dad bit is a little too inside baseball and not something I see them doing
Yeah, and he never really gained the momentum Hugh did. He and Splinter are the big red flags here.

Here's hoping we get assists, though!

Even though I'd like him in the game, I think Splinter is a major red flag for this leak - considering just how controversial the TMNT content in the first game was, I imagine they'd show a bit more restraint with turtles stuff for NASB 2. I could only really see Splinter getting in without Raph and Donnie, and I can't really imagine NASB 2 not having Raph and Donnie.
I can see them adding Raph and Donnie, but not adding any new stages for them or anything like that.

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
OH GOD NO

the Krutsty Krab and the Dimsdale Dimadome are new stages, and Squidward has a Captain Magma alt. Probably not real still
Man, the Fairly OddParents content would be hyper lopsided in that case. Cosmo/Wanda assist, no Timmy anywhere, his DAD being playable, and a stage that has little to do with him (though we have seen weirder stage pairings)

I can definitely see the Krusty Krab being in regardless of this leak, especially since its' directly related to every big Spongebob character left in the main cast.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

I'm also going to bring up this fan poll in terms of the placements of the leaked characters. Of course Squidward is the highest, placing 3rd. Vlad placed 17th, Arnold placed 21st, Kitty placed 22nd (and in fact Kitty is the highest ranked character to debut in 2010 or later), Timmy's Dad got 36th place, Heffer finished 59th, and Master Splinter is the lowest placing of these characters, placing 62nd. Notably, four of the leaked characters (Squidward, Vlad, Arnold, and Kitty) were the highest ranked characters from their respective shows on this poll.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Man, the Fairly OddParents content would be hyper lopsided in that case. Cosmo/Wanda assist, no Timmy anywhere, his DAD being playable, and a stage that has little to do with him (though we have seen weirder stage pairings)
What bugs me about this is, if you supposedly can't have Timmy, but you can have another character, a stage and an assist.... why are the Fairly OddParents themselves the assist and not the character?

I actually kind of refuse to believe this based on Timmy's Dad alone. Barely anyone is seriously asking for him to warrant him getting in over literally any other FOP character. Even when trying to not sound too obvious to make the leak feel more real, it sounds TOO much like something the devs or Nick wouldn't do. It feels like the "leaker" threw Timmy's Dad in thinking it'd sound "realistic" after Nigel and Hugh, when it really isn't.
It's not even comparable to Hugh because the Hugh demand was big and it was real, and it most certainly isn't comparable to Nigel, who is a primary character and has three times the meme notoriety Hugh does.

And even THEN, are you seriously telling me that whatever legal hangups keeping FOP representation out of the game is exclusively on Timmy Turner and nothing else? Just Timmy, not the titular Fairies, not any of the other characters, not any of the locations and settings, ONLY Timmy?

AND EVEN THEN, not only do you not know who every newcomer is but you do know who the free post-game DLC is, and you know for a fact Timmy isn't one of the 11 you don't know of and that he is not in the game at all?

Give me a break.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I can say for certain, if FOP does get a character, it will almost certainly be Timmy himself. Timmy's demand is much too big to ignore if they do get the rights to use him. He's the star of the second longest lasting show on the network and the first to hit 10 seasons. Oh, and FOP was the last original Nicktoon to get past four seasons until TLH.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I can say for certain, if FOP does get a character, it will almost certainly be Timmy himself. Timmy's demand is much too big to ignore if they do get the rights to use him. He's the star of the second longest lasting show on the network and the first to hit 10 seasons. Oh, and FOP was the last original Nicktoon to get past four seasons until TLH.
I don't think anybody's debating the likelihood of Timmy being the first FOP rep, a lot of people just have personal preferences as to who should represent the show first that may not necessarily be Timmy.

D

Deleted member

The only reason I could see them going for someone other than Timmy would be if there was some rule that Timmy couldn't use the Faries to harm someone. But that's extremely unlikely because 1. That hasn't stopped them before, 2. They could probably find a way around that and 3. Why would they then put them as an assist in anyway?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't think anybody's debating the likelihood of Timmy being the first FOP rep, a lot of people just have personal preferences as to who should represent the show first that may not necessarily be Timmy.
Although due to how big Timmy's demand is having someone else be the first FOP rep might piss a lot of people off (Hugh got a pass because his demand was just as big as his son's). No other FOP character has fan demand that even approaches what Timmy has.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Although due to how big Timmy's demand is having someone else be the first FOP rep might piss a lot of people off (Hugh got a pass because his demand was just as big as his son's). No other FOP character has fan demand that even approaches what Timmy has.
What are you trying to argue for or against? I outright said that Timmy will probably be the first FOP rep???? Are you trying to argue with the opinion that Timmy shouldn't be first? Because that wasn't what I was talking about. Anyway, fan demand shouldn't really have much impact on an individual's opinion, only likelihood predictions.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
What are you trying to argue for or against? I outright said that Timmy will probably be the first FOP rep???? Are you trying to argue with the opinion that Timmy shouldn't be first? Because that wasn't what I was talking about. Anyway, fan demand shouldn't really have much impact on an individual's opinion, only likelihood predictions.
I misread your last post and l thought that you were advocating against Timmy being the first FOP rep.

Top Bottom