• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So then what IS the problem?
I thought I already told you, he seems to want guest characters to be irrelevant to what a game is supposed to be about.

Just like a mod already told us to drop this subject and talk about that nick game instead

or that other nick game, the one with brawling

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Alright then.

Well, one thing I ended up liking about Rocko was how surprisingly strong his Aerial Light Up attack is; that has some actual decent kill power, which is something I wasn't expecting.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Alright then.

Well, one thing I ended up liking about Rocko was how surprisingly strong his Aerial Light Up attack is; that has some actual decent kill power, which is something I wasn't expecting.
Rocko ain't never dropping those kangaroo allegations with how he boxes like one though

LimeTH

Smash Lord
So now that Rocko is out, what's next? Has anything come out on if the game is done or if there will be more?

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
lots of people in the thread today so might as well ask

what's a feature you haven't seen brought up much that you think would be neat to have in the future or in a future sequel?

Mine would be unlockable cell sheets/behind the scenes content

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
guys it's simple: smash is about whatever sakurai and/or nintendo want it to be not what we think it is

LimeTH

Smash Lord

what's a feature you haven't seen brought up much that you think would be neat to have in the future or in a future sequel?

Event matches, or some sort of side scrolling thing, be it a stage or an adventure mode style thing.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Gotta love the days when this thread talks more about Smash than the game the thread's actually about.
so anyways if done correctly Oblina gets a lot of momentum after you jump cancel her wheel attack, resulting in her flying across the stage

holy **** LOL

Alternate announcer packs. Not even because MultiVersus is doing it, just because I want to hear Patchy the Pirate's voice on the character select.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'd want Action League Now's narrator if we get announcer packs.

Also here's this Humble Bundle with NASB in it
It's also currently 70% off on Steam

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
caught myself looking at Nicktoons Unite fanart for a while when it really struck me that NASB doesn't feel like a crossover the same way those games do. That's what's truly missing. The voice actors can be the real deal and all but if the characters aren't actually interacting with each other it doesn't really matter. Smash gets away with this because Subspace already went above and beyond on this plus the many trailers which also feature moments like this. Multiversus pulled this off a lot and still pulls this off during gameplay while NASB just...couldn't.

I guess that'd be the main reason I'd want a NASB 2 over them continuing on with NASB as is, because that's something that probably can't get overhauled until a sequel. Here's hoping Multiversus' record launch numbers were an eye opener for Nick execs

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I 100% agree with this. I think Smash also can get away with it because most of the bigger franchise represented (Mario, Link, Kirby, the Pokémon, Splatoon) doesn't speak or very rarely. But in Nasb it kind of feels weird because those characters are known to be very expressive. And don't get me wrong I'm happy that the game got voice acting at all, but I feel like they can do much more with it.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
The voice actors can be the real deal and all but if the characters aren't actually interacting with each other it doesn't really matter.
You know, I swear with the Rocko update, they tried to make it so the quotes used during arcade mode sometimes form a real conversation. IE:

Oblina: I have an idea!
Toph: Yeah, let's break some rules!

Stimpy: You know Ren? I think this'll be loads of fun!
Rocko: Oh baby, oh baby, oh baby.

Sandy: I'm as confused as a goat on Astroturf.
PTM: Cripes! I'll get right on it!

Sandy: I want you jumping like hot grease on a skillet!
Mike: I'd rather be eating pizza.

Various NASB Discord members have reported it too, so it's not a coincidence on my end.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
You know, I swear with the Rocko update, they tried to make it so the quotes used during arcade mode sometimes form a real conversation. IE:

Various NASB Discord members have reported it too, so it's not a coincidence on my end.
It wouldn't surprise me if they did, but it's still just quotes from the show, it's a Plan B to what the game should really have, not that it's the devs fault it doesn't of course but y'know

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Seems a lot of people have been getting early copies of Kart Racers 3 so there’s tons of gameplay up on YouTube. Don’t really have the time to come through all the tracks but game comes out tomorrow anyways so whatever

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Looking at snippets of gameplay here, and while I’m gonna reserve judgment due to not a single copy having a day 1 patch implemented yet, this game looks like it has widespread performance trouble. Nothing egregious but noticeable. Again though, could just be because there’s no day 1 patch yet

Kinda bad AI too? There’s been a couple points where a large group of racers will just stop moving while on a ramp

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Looking at snippets of gameplay here, and while I’m gonna reserve judgment due to not a single copy having a day 1 patch implemented yet, this game looks like it has widespread performance trouble. Nothing egregious but noticeable. Again though, could just be because there’s no day 1 patch yet
I've only heard of Switch footage getting leaked, and it'd make sense it'd have an inferior framerate since multiplats are barely optimized for the system, they're usually just the equivalent of the PC version on low settings with a 30 FPS cap. I was gonna get the PC version anyway, where 60 FPS should be much easier.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403

If we're not getting an Adventure Mode (seems pretty unlikely):

All-Star Mode

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I have to say, I've been watching the leaked footage and Royal Woods Rally is a MAJOR disappointment, barely looks like the show at all (especially compared to 2's Royal Woods Roundabout). I also noticed they randomly slapped water sections into some of the 2 tracks and it looks absolutely bizarre. And why is the outside of PS118 flooded? A lot of the new tracks are great, but there's a lot of things that make it feel like they took a few steps forward but a few steps back. Pit crew members seem to behave the same, and the floating slime speedways feel like they're either gonna be super fun or super irritating. Voice acting sounded great, though!

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
The gameplay that I saw of Kart racers 3 looks very good imo (it was the Xbox series X version). Honestly for publisher that do small budget game, I'm actually amazed to how good it looks, I'd say it's on par with the biggest game of the same genre like Crash team racing nitro fueled.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Voice acting sounded great, though!
Does it actually involve the original VAs? Nancy Cartwright as Chuckie, Debi Derryberry as Jimmy, etc?

With this being quoted again today I think I'll finally answer this: If it were to have a Multi-Man Smash mode, have a different twist from the different options than 10-man/15-min/100-man/etc.: Choosing between:

• Fighting Irkens (who use most of Zim's moves and are more competent with them, since Zim was meant to be banished for being a terrible invader) on Irken Armada
  • Fighting Foot Clan members (who use recycled Korra animations, elements/hold variants of the moves removed, maybe an occasional sword-wielding one too using Leo's moves) on Rooftop Rumble
  • Fighting Fire Nation troops (who use Zuko's moves) on a nonexistent tournament-friendly Fire Nation stage
And yes, I know that last one depends on a lot of factors: Zuko being in, his moveset having enough moves that'd look okay on generic Fire Nation troops, and his stage involving the Fire Nation (or possibly their ships) and being basic enough.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

I went to test this with Lincoln - mostly just the usual incoherent nonsense, but I eventually got this in a battle against Patrick
"Some fun, right?"
"I haven't had this much fun since the last time I had fun!"
🤔🤔🤔🤔

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Still no sign of Tommy. He’s a lock for DLC if he is not a Chief himself.
assuming we get DLC that is

also I don't think assists will deconfirm, seeing as Reptar robots that look just like Reptar act as hazards on a stage and yet he's still in

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'm watching some footage, and is it just me or does this game have a CTR triple boost? The person playing isn't doing a very good job of it but it still seems to be there, or at least a very short cooldown time for starting a new drift.

Top Bottom