• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I think that's why they're going doomer mode.

But they didn't say "oops sorry no more DLC enjoy no _immy" so I ain't going doomermode yet.
The original "there's no chance we'll be cut off" post was worded so definitively that rendering it irrelevant doesn't change anything at all really. It just means "there's a non-zero chance of being cut off", not "we're probably getting cut off".

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah, this doesn't deeply concern me personally. Ludosity probably wants to pay their staff to, y'know, work on video games; I don't think they want to pay their staff to sit around waiting for their contact at Game Mill to speak to their contact at Nickelodeon to approve/deny a movelist for the DLC. So, them having multiple projects going on at once makes sense...

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, considering the lack of proper news, it's still good to know that things like DLC, crossplay, and other big things are still coming and that support for the game (at least, on the development side of things) isn't ceasing; they'll just probably be later down the pipeline.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
maybe an unpopular opinion, but I'd prefer they work on a sequel after a wave of DLC.

Remember when Kart Racers 1 was universally panned, then the sequel came out with over double characters and content and was considered a pretty solid kart racer?

NASB is already considered a messily competent game, why not just start on a sequel where there's a chance to revamp things like movesets, visuals, sound design, etc on a whole new budget while also being able to just port over 22 characters and 21 stages minimum

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
maybe an unpopular opinion, but I'd prefer they work on a sequel after a wave of DLC.

Remember when Kart Racers 1 was universally panned, then the sequel came out with over double characters and content and was considered a pretty solid kart racer?

NASB is already considered a messily competent game, why not just start on a sequel where there's a chance to revamp things like movesets, visuals, sound design, etc on a whole new budget while also being able to just port over 22 characters and 21 stages minimum
Kart Racers 2 was the result of Nick not thinking it was worth it to fund DLC for the first game (which is kind of ironic since a full sequel would cost more, but hey, you gotta spend money to make money). That's not the case for NASB, so NASB2 isn't in the pipeline for now.

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403

I feel like a sequel would turn NASB into an even bigger laughing stock then it already is. People already make jokes about the game being 50$ with the lack of content, a 50$ sequel would not look very good at all, unless they give everyone that owns the first game a discount for the sequel. (or even for free)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Can a hypothetical NASB2 even be as much of an upgrade as Kart Racers 2 was?

NASB's selection of Nicktoons is already closer to KR2's than KR1's, items and voices are guaranteed in updates, and they can't save the Big Four to make a sequel sell because they have to make the DLC sell too. The best they could do is...I dunno, enhance the single player experience with event matches and collectibles?

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, there's going to be a new patch this week? Neat!

...Though given past precedence, I anticipate that it won't be on the Switch for a while.

As for the news coming in April, I'm gonna hazard a guess and say we'll be hearing about either items or possibly voice-acting (assuming that that's what the extra surprise they've been teasing is), or maybe even both.

We'll just have to wait and see.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So, there's going to be a new patch this week? Neat!

...Though given past precedence, I anticipate that it won't be on the Switch for a while.

As for the news coming in April, I'm gonna hazard a guess and say we'll be hearing about either items or possibly voice-acting (assuming that that's what the extra surprise they've been teasing is), or maybe even both.

We'll just have to wait and see.
The Switch got both Garfield and Shredder at the same time all the other versions did. It appears that they're pushing updates back so that this can happen, especially with the pending addition of crossplay.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
The Switch got both Garfield and Shredder at the same time all the other versions did. It appears that they're pushing updates back so that this can happen, especially with the pending addition of crossplay.
I kind of just assumed that was because those updates featured full characters, but hopefully you're right.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I kind of just assumed that was because those updates featured full characters, but hopefully you're right.
With crossplay on the horizon they might soon have to make updates come at the same time for all consoles.

dlewis53

Smash Lord

Well, looks like the new patch has dropped for PC (and will apparently do so for Xbox and Playstation later). As for the Switch...once again, it's at "a later date".
Edit: Also, based on the notes, it seems there are still some issues present in the game (namely Leo's missing animation effect for his Neutral Strong Air, GIR still acts weird when turning around or being attacked, and April's Down Special still damages you regardless of if you're blocking or not); I REALLY hope these get addressed in the next patch.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Edit: Also, based on the notes, it seems there are still some issues present in the game (namely Leo's missing animation effect for his Neutral Strong Air, GIR still acts weird when turning around or being attacked, and April's Down Special still damages you regardless of if you're blocking or not); I REALLY hope these get addressed in the next patch.
There's a lot more stages on Switch with performance issues than Double Dare... I'm assuming glitches just aren't mentioned on these patchnotes for whatever reason

dlewis53

Smash Lord
There's a lot more stages on Switch with performance issues than Double Dare... I'm assuming glitches just aren't mentioned on these patchnotes for whatever reason
Question: are these supposed issues specific to Online games?

Because I mainly play against the CPU off-line, and I haven't really noticed any issues on stages other than Double Dare (and even with that one, the only thing I've noticed is this brief pause that happens every time right before a match starts on it).

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Question: are these supposed issues specific to Online games?

Because I mainly play against the CPU off-line, and I haven't really noticed any issues on stages other than Double Dare (and even with that one, the only thing I've noticed is this brief pause that happens every time right before a match starts on it).
Yep, offline. Dutchman Ship is pretty bad, while Royal Woods and The Dump border on unplayable for me at least.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I could maybe understand the Dump to a degree, but what's wrong with Royal Woods Cemetery? That stage seems pretty standard outside the tombstone.
Rain particles, that bat that flies around. I don't have the Switch version but I assume that'd be causing lag.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So it looks like the patch came to the Switch today, which is a lot faster than in the past, so I'm not complaining!

...Though I would like clarification on something: in the patch notes, when it says a move's length has increased from, say, 22f to 30f, what does that mean?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So it looks like the patch came to the Switch today, which is a lot faster than in the past, so I'm not complaining!

...Though I would like clarification on something: in the patch notes, when it says a move's length has increased from, say, 22f to 30f, what does that mean?
It's referring to frame data. One "f" is one frame, which is 1/60 of a second.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So does it mean the moves are getting faster?
Increasing everyone's down airs from 22f to 30 or higher f's is meant to make them slower, so players can't use down air twice in one jump.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
only if its 60 fps
Which NASB is, so bit of a meaningless distinction in this case.
But yeah, if a move's duration gets increased from 22 frames to 30 frames, that means that it takes 8 frames longer to execute. Assuming nothing else about the move is changed, this has the effect of making the move's endlag longer, but not its startup.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Which NASB is, so bit of a meaningless distinction in this case.
But yeah, if a move's duration gets increased from 22 frames to 30 frames, that means that it takes 8 frames longer to execute. Assuming nothing else about the move is changed, this has the effect of making the move's endlag longer, but not its startup.
well the wording did make it sound like they were saying a frame is that at any given time

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I'm not convinced that this game will add any modern Nick characters as DLC, and that includes more TLH reps.

Last edited:
Top Bottom