• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFreak's 3.02 Build - Officially retired

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Nope. I actually cleared my sd card and redownloaded your pack because it was happening before.
Interesting. I wonder if it's an issue with the pack itself. I'll check it out.

EDIT: It's fine on my end. Try reformatting your SD card maybe?

Last edited:

Mendelsin

Smash Cadet
Interesting. I wonder if it's an issue with the pack itself. I'll check it out.

EDIT: It's fine on my end. Try reformatting your SD card maybe?
Actually it's fine now which is weird. Just fixed itself. But thanks for the help! Your build is really well made and it's great.

xPerplex

Smash Rookie
Would you be willing to help me remove the modded version of Hyrule Castle you have in this mod? Your custom version of P:M has immediatly become the favorite in my group of friends, but we just want the old version of Hyrule Castle back. The one that you included is cool, but it's pretty dark and it can be hard to see some characters when they're using a dark colored costume. Other than that this mod is amazing man! Good music, competitive maps, and best of all costumes that aren't super overdone and confusing.

In your screenshots the Hyrule Castle map is bright and good looking, but for some reason it's much darker than that on our TV. Probably just the glare or the TV or something but either way it's bothersome! Thanks so much for your help..

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Would you be willing to help me remove the modded version of Hyrule Castle you have in this mod? Your custom version of P:M has immediatly become the favorite in my group of friends, but we just want the old version of Hyrule Castle back. The one that you included is cool, but it's pretty dark and it can be hard to see some characters when they're using a dark colored costume. Other than that this mod is amazing man! Good music, competitive maps, and best of all costumes that aren't super overdone and confusing.

In your screenshots the Hyrule Castle map is bright and good looking, but for some reason it's much darker than that on our TV. Probably just the glare or the TV or something but either way it's bothersome! Thanks so much for your help..
The build is just as moddable as regular PM is. Use this to extract the stage from the stock PM build and overwrite the one in my build with it: http://www.lakora.us/brawl/stagemanager/

WaggleDagger

Smash Rookie
Sorry to be a giant noob, but how do you install this? My friend told me about this awesome build and I'm trying to get it to work. I tried the normal Project M installation, but for PM you need exactly 2 GB on your SD card. This mod is obviously bigger than that, so it doesn't fit. I tried my 16 GB SDHC card, but my hackless Wii couldn't detect that. I'm just wondering what kind of SD card I need before I buy a new one. Should at 4 GB one work? This mod looks great, and I can't wait to try it out!

WaggleDagger

Smash Rookie
Sorry to be a giant noob, but how do you install this? My friend told me about this awesome build and I'm trying to get it to work. I tried the normal Project M installation, but for PM you need exactly 2 GB on your SD card. This mod is obviously bigger than that, so it doesn't fit. I tried my 16 GB SDHC card, but my hackless Wii couldn't detect that. I'm just wondering what kind of SD card I need before I buy a new one. Should at 4 GB one work? This mod looks great, and I can't wait to try it out!
Oh my god I am so ****ing dumb. Sorry dude. Everything works fine now!

BlueHg

Smash Rookie
I'm really enjoying this build so far, but I do have one small issue; the Mega Charizard X textures eliminate the sweetspot on the tip of his tail (the fire). If you're using Nano's texture (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=35316) then you need to use the Wifi safe one because the regular one gets rid of the sweetspot. Keep up the good work though, I'm loving the stage selection!

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
i used internet explorer and it let me download it
Awesome. Mediafire's not the best but it's always been pretty trustworthy, and I haven't changed the files at all lately, so I'm gonna go with false positive.

any news on a new update?
I haven't really done anything with this lately (I barely play PM since I came home from school, no one here plays. Plus the Smash 4 hype is real). I have a few minor changes I've made since so I might squeak out one more patch within the next few weeks though.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
How do you guys feel about color coded SSS icons, like the standard tournament ones? I put them in and I kind of like it (with blue borders for custom/casual/etc stages).

EDIT: Screenshots!

Last edited:

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
How do you guys feel about color coded SSS icons, like the standard tournament ones? I put them in and I kind of like it (with blue borders for custom/casual/etc stages).

EDIT: Screenshots!

I say get rid of Bowser's Keep. It lags A LOT.

Col

Smash Rookie
when i load up brawl and go into the stage builder it doesn't launch project m, does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Would it be possible for you to make some sort of read me listing all songs replaced or a version of this mod without the extra songs for the unchanged stages?

Also, on the borders, maybe you can do red/yellow for comp stages, purple/orange for custom stages that work competitively, blue for unmodded casual stages, and green for modded casual stages?

OhBizzle

Smash Rookie
Idk why but the build crashes whenever I try to load a stage. I've reformatted and reloaded the build twice, I zeroed out the card too (non-quick format)

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
when i load up brawl and go into the stage builder it doesn't launch project m, does anyone have any idea why this is happening?
Idk why but the build crashes whenever I try to load a stage. I've reformatted and reloaded the build twice, I zeroed out the card too (non-quick format)
These are both really strange. I've fully tested this multiple times and everything is fine on my end. Double check your sd cards (projectm and code should be on the root of the SD card, along with any other files in the same directory). Make sure you're not installing this over a previous PM installation. And of course make sure your SD card is actually compatible with PM. Also try flicking the lock switch on the card. That's all I can really say though, sorry.

Would it be possible for you to make some sort of read me listing all songs replaced or a version of this mod without the extra songs for the unchanged stages?

Also, on the borders, maybe you can do red/yellow for comp stages, purple/orange for custom stages that work competitively, blue for unmodded casual stages, and green for modded casual stages?
Not a bad idea, but it's not something I'll be doing. It's honestly not too difficult though. Get the song manager from lakora.us to delete added songs and return all the string values to defaults for main stages (be careful, I swapped some stages around just for music, so double check before deleting and restoring). This will cause the game to load the defaults.

I already put in the starter(green)/counter-pick(yellow)/banned(red) borders standard in competitive builds, but I like the idea of separate ones for custom competitively viable and casual stages. I think I'll do something with that, thanks!

I say get rid of Bowser's Keep. It lags A LOT.
Yeah, it's a beautiful stage and hilarious in casual play, but it's horribly optimized. I'm looking into a replacement.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
NEW PATCH ON THE WAY!

It's been like 3 months, but I've finally added enough content to justify putting out a new patch. Here's the changelog.

COSTUMES
- Replaced Captain Falcon costume 8 with Mach Rider
- Fixed Mewtwo and Roy red/green team colors
- Updated Mega Charizard X costumes to WiFi safe to preserve tail hitboxes
MUSIC
- Replaced Team Flare theme on PM Stadium with XY Trainer Battle Theme from Smash 4 Greninja trailer
- Replaced SSB64 menu theme with SSB64 Character Select Screen (SSB4 Results mix)
- Replaced Ridley's theme on Pyrosphere with a more fitting mix
- Appropriate music added for new stages
STAGES
- Replaced Brawl Galaxy with Sei-An City (Okami)
- Replaced Bowser's Keep with S8-Crown (SMB 3D World)
- Replaced Mario Circuit with Subspace Emissary
- Replaced New Pork City with a better version
- Replaced Shadow Moses Island with a better version
- Replaced Frigate Orpheon with its static second transformation (thanks @soopercool101 !)
MISC
- Updated Donkey Kong's and Bowser's voices to "traditional" voices
- Reorganized SSS again
- Added SSS game title for SSB4 (Wily, Boxing Ring)
- Color-coded SSS icons
- Main PM stages have traditional green/yellow/red colors for starters/counterpicks/banned
- Purple custom stages are competitively viable. Blue customs are not
- Keep in mind the purple and blue were decided by my own opinion. Any input is appreciated
- Added the new splash/strap screen into the build
- Added Smash 3 HUD

It should be up tomorrow. My home internet is absolute trash so the upload will take forever, but if I let it go overnight it should finish by the morning. I'll post screenshots today though!

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
NEW PATCH ON THE WAY!

It's been like 3 months, but I've finally added enough content to justify putting out a new patch. Here's the changelog.

- Replaced Mario Circuit with Subspace Emissary
Like everything but this since I liked Mario Circuit.
What should we expect from the map?

Like I said before, great changes.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Like everything but this since I liked Mario Circuit.
What should we expect from the map?

Like I said before, great changes.
It's this one here: http://smashboards.com/threads/subspace-emissary-by-sluigi123-gold-coming-soon.337058/

That's the thing with stage changes though, you'll always get some who like it and some who don't. It's pretty easy to revert it back though. When updating (after I put the patch out), do the following:
- Back up pf/stage/melee/STGCUSTOM04.PAC and pf/module/st_custom04.rel from your PM installation
- Delete these files from the patch for this build and replace them with your backups. Apply the rest of the patch.
- Get the stage manager from lakora.us. Open your newly patched PM directory in the stage manager, find STGCUSTOM04 in the list. Change the name with the generator thingy, Modify Pat0 Mappings to change the game icons, and right click the other icons and Replace them with these:

I use a standard of 114x114 for the larger image, so if you experience any crashing issues, try resizing it.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Wait that is my version of it? I didn't know! I though it was the original LegacyWolf version.

Cool!
Pretty sure it's yours, I don't think I ever saw the original actually.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Patch 7 has been uploaded and the main download has been updated!

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Hey NFreak, do you know the uncompressed filesize? The compressed filesize would also be acceptable. I'm thinking about getting your build again, since my current build only has 5 very crappy PSA's and freezes often, but I need to know how big your build is so I can find a time to download it.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Hey NFreak, do you know the uncompressed filesize? The compressed filesize would also be acceptable. I'm thinking about getting your build again, since my current build only has 5 very crappy PSA's and freezes often, but I need to know how big your build is so I can find a time to download it.
1.2 GB compressed, 1.62 uncompressed.

Middleman97

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure you've considered it, but you should replace young link with Minish Cap Link.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Is it just me or are Skyloft and Dracula's Castle mixed up in the SSS? It says Skyloft and everything on then CSS but when I actually start playing I'm in Dracula's Castle. Same for when I pick Dracula's Castle on the CSS, it sends me to Skyloft.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Is it just me or are Skyloft and Dracula's Castle mixed up in the SSS? It says Skyloft and everything on then CSS but when I actually start playing I'm in Dracula's Castle. Same for when I pick Dracula's Castle on the CSS, it sends me to Skyloft.
Interesting. Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look. I did switch those two for the banned/counterpick stuff, but only their SSS positions, the stages should still point to the right places.

I'm sure you've considered it, but you should replace young link with Minish Cap Link.
It's cool and all, but I feel it's too similar to the default. Plus, the default in my build is using the Smash 3 textures, whereas this uses Brawl's defaults. I tried messing with the textures but it just didn't look right. However, you did remind me to see what else I could put in that slot, and I found an improved Young Link model that doesn't have the crazy spaz legs that fall through the floor.

I'm fixing up the build right now. I'll put out an "emergency" patch with just these changes (plus a better Dark Suit Samus I just found). Overnight, I'll overwrite patch 7 and the main download with the fixed versions.

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Have you ever considered replacing the unchanged costumes with something like the vibrant costume packs by Shun_One, the Melee Remastered Texture Hacks by AlGeorgeRomo, or even the Nostalgia pack costumes by Amarythe to make the art style feel a little more consistent? When you have some characters with nice, bright colors that pop out(Mario, Luigi, Sonic, Ganondorf, Link) but then others have really dull colors(Wario, Donkey Kong, Bowser, Assist Trophies like Waluigi) it seems kind of jarring.

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Have you ever considered replacing the unchanged costumes with something like the vibrant costume packs by Shun_One, the Melee Remastered Texture Hacks by AlGeorgeRomo, or even the Nostalgia pack costumes by Amarythe to make the art style feel a little more consistent? When you have some characters with nice, bright colors that pop out(Mario, Luigi, Sonic, Ganondorf, Link) but then others have really dull colors(Wario, Donkey Kong, Bowser, Assist Trophies like Waluigi) it seems kind of jarring.
That's actually a great idea. I think I might do that.

Looks like I'm gonna put together a second big patch already. 7-B?

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
If it's not too much to ask for, could I submit a Waluigi texture I made for you to use in your pack to further go with the smash 3 textures and the other packs I suggested?

Here's a picture of how it looks next to the Classic Remastered Wario by AlGeorgeRomo to compare how it looks.

I put the texture over one of the playable character mods but the textures are the exact same as the original AT model. If it's not good enough I could further edit it to make it better.

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I'm not putting the PSA in (at least, not yet. I'm not a fan of Brawl Ex mixed with PM, the current solutions are really hacky), but I could throw it in for the assist trophy. I'm not doing a lot of work with items, but it's a small detail that'll improve it overall.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
I'm not putting the PSA in (at least, not yet. I'm not a fan of Brawl Ex mixed with PM, the current solutions are really hacky), but I could throw it in for the assist trophy. I'm not doing a lot of work with items, but it's a small detail that'll improve it overall.
Actually, it isn't a PSA, it's just a Captain Falcon model swap. But I really wanted it to be for the assist trophy, not a character mod. I just used the character swap since it was easier for the picture because of how hard it would be to get Waluigi to spawn and look good in a picture.

So, do you want me to upload the texture file for you to edit and replace the original Waluigi on your own time or do you want me to simply upload the full waluigi file? Like I said before, the Captain Falcon model swap uses the same texture file as the Waluigi AT.

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Either is fine, really.

So as a general announcement, I'll be releasing patch 7.1 tomorrow, which includes a major bug fix with the SSS, the previous patch 7 update, and updated textures for a lot of characters.

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Well, here's the texture for it, it ain't pretty on the inside but it looks well enough on the outside. http://i.imgur.com/rVe21jv.png

Also, I made a few Smash 3 styled Dr. Mario reskins. These were made in about an hour a few weeks ago and could be updated, if you don't find anything like a Vibrant Dr. Mario maybe you could use these.
http://imgur.com/a/gJ9TT
That's... interesting. I'll give it a try in-game. The next patch is pretty much ready for now and I'm lazy, so it'll come with the next one if it works out.

I actually couldn't find any Dr. Mario ones, and those look really good! Mind if I steal them for this?

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Patch 7.1 is released. The main download has NOT been updated yet, but it will be shortly. The changelog on the first post is updated.

Top Bottom