• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NFreak's 3.02 Build - Officially retired

Juancarlos23

Smash Rookie
Hey Nfreak, sorry for bothering but by any chance do you know how to move the songs to another stage instead. Like for example like Castlevania stage only has 1 song only while Luigis Mansion has 4-5 songs when I check through the music list.

Any chance how to switch them. As in make Castlevania Stage have 4-5 songs while Luigi Mansion only have 1 song?

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Hey Nfreak, sorry for bothering but by any chance do you know how to move the songs to another stage instead. Like for example like Castlevania stage only has 1 song only while Luigis Mansion has 4-5 songs when I check through the music list.

Any chance how to switch them. As in make Castlevania Stage have 4-5 songs while Luigi Mansion only have 1 song?
You'll basically want to completely switch the two stages. It's a bit annoying but it works. The easiest way I found is to use the Stage Manager, right click one of the two stages to swap, export it to one folder, repeat with the other stage to a different folder, then manually change all of the files and icons. Use the Song Manager to change the tracks, and use the SSS editorto switch the two stages in the stage select screen so both stages keep their original positions.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
1. Are you thinking of involving BrawlEX with this? People found out how to make it work for Project M!
2. Will you find a way to add more songs to the expanded stages?
3. Will you update this after every Smash 3 update? (HUD update)

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
1. Are you thinking of involving BrawlEX with this? People found out how to make it work for Project M!
2. Will you find a way to add more songs to the expanded stages?
3. Will you update this after every Smash 3 update? (HUD update)
1. The only one I really want to add in is Lucina, but it's definitely something I want to keep working with. Can you link me to that? I had no idea it works with PM now. (Except for the Unbound project but that looks really hacky).
2. I'm not a coder (well, in the Smash sense anyway), so probably not. If something comes up, I'll be all over it, but it's not a priority.
3. I won't officially release a patch for each one, but I am updating it accordingly. The HUD is gonna be a little tricky to implement but I really want to; last time I tried modifying info.pac, the game crashed on the title screen.

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to bother you, but can you put in Melee SFX in? (Like Rage83 did with his build)
I don't plan on it (at least until the split costume sounds are working for more characters than just Link). You can install them yourself pretty easily though in your local copy.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I tried it, and whenever I went to an expansion stage, the game froze.
If you were adding it to stock PM, make sure you installed everything in the right locations. Without actually seeing your file structure that's all I can really tell you.

aachabuk

Smash Rookie
I would really like to play this expansion but whenever i try to extract the file to my sd card i get an error. i'm using the homebrew version of project m. do i have to have project m downloaded with this or does this include it? I'm not too good at this.

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
I would really like to play this expansion but whenever i try to extract the file to my sd card i get an error. i'm using the homebrew version of project m. do i have to have project m downloaded with this or does this include it? I'm not too good at this.
It's completely standalone and works with both homebrew and hackless with the same package.

TheRealHeroOfWinds

Smash Ace
Hello once again NFreak. The only problem about the brawl ex thing is I don't know how to give the characters their own sounds. But I know you can. So a few minutes of googling should befine. If you want I can make the character icons and more. Also if you want ideas to start off with brawl ex I would say:
Mega Man
Sora (Marth)
Bomberman (Link)
Shadow
Just message me if you need help.

Ace309

Smash Rookie
Hey NFreak, I have a question. When I try to load the build, I can't edit the music in My Music in a custom stage (i.e. Pyrosphere) without the game crashing. They have a weird X mark btw, or is that on purpose? Any fixes?

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Hello once again NFreak. The only problem about the brawl ex thing is I don't know how to give the characters their own sounds. But I know you can. So a few minutes of googling should befine. If you want I can make the character icons and more. Also if you want ideas to start off with brawl ex I would say:
Mega Man
Sora (Marth)
Bomberman (Link)
Shadow
Just message me if you need help.
Thanks. I think I'm gonna hold off for a while though. The new method still seems pretty hacky and I don't really have the time to work with it.

Hey NFreak, I have a question. When I try to load the build, I can't edit the music in My Music in a custom stage (i.e. Pyrosphere) without the game crashing. They have a weird X mark btw, or is that on purpose? Any fixes?
Those are the stages using Expanded stage slots. They only have one audio track anyway, and the X is used to signify that it'll crash if you try to work with them.

Ace309

Smash Rookie
Thanks. I think I'm gonna hold off for a while though. The new method still seems pretty hacky and I don't really have the time to work with it.

Those are the stages using Expanded stage slots. They only have one audio track anyway, and the X is used to signify that it'll crash if you try to work with them.
Oh, okay then. Thanks :)
Extremely good and well made build by the way.
Plus, I LOL'd so hard when I found out you put Super Spice Bros. 2 in here XD

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Oh, okay then. Thanks :)
Extremely good and well made build by the way.
Plus, I LOL'd so hard when I found out you put Super Spice Bros. 2 in here XD
Ha, thanks. I mostly put in music you would expect but I had to have some fun with it in some places. :p Check out the tracks on Dreamland, Final Destination, and Delfino Plaza.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Man, my white DK Boxer is everywhere! This is awesome, glad everyone loves it!
I'm so happy that also my Shiny Chard X and my smash 3 president olimar DLC is in there too. I wonder what stuff are you going to add when its finished...

And question, witch Shadow Pikachu is the one in the pack?

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Man, my white DK Boxer is everywhere! This is awesome, glad everyone loves it!
I'm so happy that also my Shiny Chard X and my smash 3 president olimar DLC is in there too. I wonder what stuff are you going to add when its finished...

And question, witch Shadow Pikachu is the one in the pack?
Glad to put it in, your work is awesome. :p

I'm 99% sure that it's Theytah's edit of the Smash 3 one.

AsymptoteG

Smash Rookie
So I did overlook one thing, the Homebrew vs Hackless methods. I've only tested with homebrew and Dolphin, so sorry about that. I'm uploading a fix now, but in the meantime, it's a simple fix. Copy the "private" folder and "boot.elf" from the default Project M Hackless set onto the SD card with my build. I haven't been able to test this just yet, but in theory, that should fix any issues.

EDIT: This has been fixed!
So does this work for the Hackless method, or are there some changes that need to be made to the files in the .zip for it to work?

Glench

Smash Rookie
Just posting to say thanks for making this build, I really enjoy all the added and extra stuff compared to the original PM build.

Keep up the good work.

caldonis

Smash Rookie
Its a nice build but is their a way to get everything on the build besides stages ( costumes, csps, bps and such) thanks.
Edit: I'm fine with re-skins but would like to get rid of the new stages.

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Its a nice build but is their a way to get everything on the build besides stages ( costumes, csps, bps and such) thanks.
Edit: I'm fine with re-skins but would like to get rid of the new stages.
Honestly, you'd be better off extracting the icons from common5.pac and info/portrite along with the entire pf/fighter folder and putting them all into your own PM with CBliss. I've shuffled the stages around so copying common5.pac or anything else would mess things up and be more of a hassle to deal with than its worth.

How do I use this in Dolphin emulator? someone could tell me? :/ I'd love to play with those skins D:
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/1t4iab/project_m_30_netplay_guide/

Hey, how do you port stages using Brawl Box?
I'm not sure, I use Lakora's stage manager for all my stage work: http://www.lakora.us/brawl/stagemanager/

jackmorgan8

Smash Rookie
NNID
jackmorgan8
So I did overlook one thing, the Homebrew vs Hackless methods. I've only tested with homebrew and Dolphin, so sorry about that. I'm uploading a fix now, but in the meantime, it's a simple fix. Copy the "private" folder and "boot.elf" from the default Project M Hackless set onto the SD card with my build. I haven't been able to test this just yet, but in theory, that should fix any issues.

EDIT: This has been fixed!
How would I go about using this on ISO Builder?

xPerplex

Smash Rookie
Hey sorry if this is a dumb question i'm pretty new to this. If I have the regular version of P:M on my SD card right now, what is the most effective way of installing your custom build? Should I just delete everything off of my SD card and drag your files in? Or do I need to put your files somewhere in the existing P:M folder structure? Thanks.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Hey sorry if this is a dumb question i'm pretty new to this. If I have the regular version of P:M on my SD card right now, what is the most effective way of installing your custom build? Should I just delete everything off of my SD card and drag your files in? Or do I need to put your files somewhere in the existing P:M folder structure? Thanks.
Yep, just delete everything and throw this on there!

True Fool

Smash Ace
Roy's red and green colors are flipped. Red team Roy is green, and green team Roy is red. I fixed it on my card already, but thought I should let you know.

Also, not a ridiculously big deal, but Roy's stock icons are Wario icons. Thought it was strange.

Love the build though.

By the way, could you possibly make it so that some characters get more than one color for teams? If not, no biggie. I just like being able to use two of the same character on a team without one having that light-filter or whatever on them.

Last edited:

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Roy's red and green colors are flipped. Red team Roy is green, and green team Roy is red. I fixed it on my card already, but thought I should let you know.

Also, not a ridiculously big deal, but Roy's stock icons are Wario icons. Thought it was strange.

Love the build though.

By the way, could you possibly make it so that some characters get more than one color for teams? If not, no biggie. I just like being able to use two of the same character on a team without one having that light-filter or whatever on them.
Huh, thought I fixed that. I was planning on pushing out a small patch soon anyway, I'll double check. The stock icon thing I believe is an issue with stock PM (I may be wrong). I've just been too lazy to fix it, but I'll take a look at that too this weekend. I want to do a big stock icon update sooner or later. The different color costume thing is part of PM's clone engine, which unfortunately isn't public (yet?). If I could, I would definitely mess with it, but there's not much I can do there.

Mendelsin

Smash Cadet
Hey NFreak! Sorry for bothering you With this question but I downloaded your pack and the music is all messed up (yoshi's story starts playing fountain of dreams and stuff like that.)
I know there's probably some way to fix this. Got any ideas?
A

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Hey NFreak! Sorry for bothering you With this question but I downloaded your pack and the music is all messed up (yoshi's story starts playing fountain of dreams and stuff like that.)
I know there's probably some way to fix this. Got any ideas?
A
That's weird. Did you overwrite a previous PM installation with it? That's the only thing I can think of that may have happened. The download is completely standalone.

Mendelsin

Smash Cadet
That's weird. Did you overwrite a previous PM installation with it? That's the only thing I can think of that may have happened. The download is completely standalone.
Nope. I actually cleared my sd card and redownloaded your pack because it was happening before.

Top Bottom