• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next up, Y.Link Help

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well, this site is to help get you better at this game and all right. so im gonna take advantage of that. Seems like I make a lot of threads here. But with the help I got from you guys, My game has improved. thanks.

Now to my topic, Y.links. Too be honest, I dont have a problem against Y.link, I fought many good ones before, sure the match was hard but I Faired pretty well and won at times. But this one Y.Link that I play, he is based on weapons more than sword play. This is really a game of cat and mouse, when I get near, he evades and spams weapons. like I cant touch him, and its hard to get near him, and when I am near him, I get hit with the weapons he shot out. This match is nearly impossible for me to win. I get abuse so bad, this match upsets me, then I lose my cool. I dont fight in this match. I really evading and chasing. Here is what I try to do but does not work....

-I try to be patient. but, the weapons keep coming, I get close, he evades and shoots weapons all over again. Thus I lose patients cause I wanna fight and play, not sit and dance around weapons.

- I try to go all out, I say screw it, I wont let him breath, i chase him hard core and try to stay as close as possible to him while he shoots things. So he has no choice but to rely on sword play. but he just evades even more and always has a boom so if I get close, I will get the crap comboed out of me.

Now I noticed that fighting him up close is the way to go, he has no time to pull weapons and needs to fight me off with his sword. Which I have no problem dealing with. I do well up close in his face. but as usual, If I try to stay on him and chase him, I get hit with weapons and comboed to Death. FC is out of the question in THIS fight. weapons stop it. One a rare chance I will be able to do it once in a match but if Im lucky of fast enough. Now I fought a Y.Link from a crew called Killer Fleet (one of the best crews in N.Y) and he was teaching me that Y.Link is not really a true counter for Peach, and I saw why. So we fought. All the matches I came so close but of course I lost. he use both weapons and sword play, and the match was based on fighting, sure once in a blue I had to chase and evade, but we actully went up to me and fought me with both weapons and sword play. And I trully saw that Y.link can go even with Peach. I sometimes feel like just giving up smash cause of this one match, like if I cant deal with something like this, I'll never become a pro. But I have people who beleived I can Do well in this game and think I have what it takes to be a great player. So I try too keep my hopes up. But in this match, its hard and I feel very low about myself. Even makes me hate Peach at times cause I main her and I go through this and cant win........

Thats why I ask for your help. I know Im a good player, I know I have what it takes, I know I can beat tuff Y.Links, cause I have done it before. But with this one its hard. I cant use what I was taught by my teacher. I can use my mindgames cause to use them I need to fight, which in this fight I cant. being patient, or forceful, does not work. I can take out Y.Links. But this one is on a whole nothing level of play where fighting does not exist for me. So I please help me out here, I'll do what it takes to deal with a evading/ weapon shoting Y.Link. Thanks and advance, and special thanks to does that tend to help me over and over. You guys trully own

Tlatoani

Smash Rookie
One of my best friends use a Link with that technique, and i can say that it is really annoying. He keeps winning against me almost every time, but recently I've found a nice way to get past through his mass spamming and get close enough to start doing my game again, and to start winning again against him.

Approach him by floating in the air, just above his head, he'll try to use his boomerang to hit you, but you can neutralize it with the bicycle kicks, by the time you get to him, the only thing he can do is to shield, while shielding hit him with the bicycle kicks again, and then float cancel it right behind him, so you can follow it with a downsmash or whatever, getting behind him is going to be very effective, because he'll try desperately to do some space to start spamming again, and that's the time when he's the most vulnerable to your attacks.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yes I can do that, but I try that a couple of times and his U-air goes right throw it, I tried to FC it but he goes right though it. I tend to get killed alot cause of that.

Its no use. I m about to give up on this............really I am...........

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Many consider young link a peach counter so eh...you're in bad shape.
Hes fighting exactly how he should be, all I can say is pick small stages and keep pressure on with your own projectiles. Your turnips might can help by either stopping his projectiles in air or hitting him directly as you approach. Throwing a turnip to either stun or block a projectile then float at him, protecting yourself with your n-air would be your best bet I'd say.

Do not lose hope,"You gotta believe in yourself" quoting mookierah

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Thanks anyway but all that you said here I tried. Nothing. thanks anyway........But I give up on this, If I have to face him in tournies, I use Zelda,which I do worst with Peach or give up that match. Yea, its be stupid and a coward, but this upsets me how its impossible for me to win. and I dont want that. Really in a tourny. Thanks anyway, but this match im quitting, I dont care if I cant beat him. No matter how hard I try, its impossible for me to win. and get imbarrassed when loseing. I dont want that anymore. So sorry for makeing this thread.........I give up here........and same goes for other links that play this way........guess I cant become good or pro if I cant deal with something like this. Thanks to both you and that other guy that lended me advice.............But im done here.......

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
Thanks anyway but all that you said here I tried. Nothing. thanks anyway........But I give up on this, If I have to face him in tournies, I use Zelda,which I do worst with Peach or give up that match. Yea, its be stupid and a coward, but this upsets me how its impossible for me to win. and I dont want that. Really in a tourny. Thanks anyway, but this match im quitting, I dont care if I cant beat him. No matter how hard I try, its impossible for me to win. and get imbarrassed when loseing. I dont want that anymore. So sorry for makeing this thread.........I give up here........and same goes for other links that play this way........guess I cant become good or pro if I cant deal with something like this. Thanks to both you and that other guy that lended me advice.............But im done here.......
Play Sheik instead lol

Btw Dark.Pch plz use search! There's already some great Peach VS Y.Link threads in the forum... with advice from seasoned vets!

Same thing if you wanna know more about some other matchups... plz use search or check out the peach info directory

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Wow. I cant believe how one post from you help me so much Bigrick. I found 2 threads on this. One from 2005 and 2006. I read every post and I learned so much from this. Things I can do, cant do, How to abuse Y.Link when he spams. How to camp him out, and other crazy stuff. Now I know for sure how to handle this guy. I thank you tons for this idea of yours, and plan to do this more, and if I have other questions that I feel not answered, I'll make threads and such here. Now although I understand what the heck I was doing wrong and what I could have been doing (which I feel pretty stupid for it) I dont think Im quite ready for battles with Y.Links llike this.......or maybe I am? I dont know but I gonna give it some time before I take on Y.Links of this style. I want to improve more and learn. So my Peach can be better than she is now. then maybe I'll be able to think more, play smarter, have more mindgames than I do now, then I'll be able to give Y.Links the azz kicking I should have gave them a long time ago. I had enough of the loses and I plan to make it stop once and for all. Thanks again for all that help me here. This mission of my training is now complete. though it was a hard one and I even quit and felt bad and low about myself. Thanks too all. Now to decide what else I need to work on to be up with the best. Thanks tons.

Top Bottom