• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Chuderz

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it'd be a shame to watch Nintendo throw another IP away just like that but I'm not expecting them to do anything with it either. It's a cute little game from what I'm seeing. The lore is decent (sometimes a little generic like "Alberia" and the "sacred shard"), the chibi art style is serviceable and the gameplay is solid. There's definitely potential there for a Nintendo home console series. Looking at this game it's clearly a single-player/co-opt dungeon crawler with a more focused story. They could maybe take some notes from Monster Hunter Stories and let you collect and raise all the different dragons with each species offering some reward to the player beyond the collection itself. Altogether this could definitely satisfy, at the very least, some niche market but could maybe even be a more unexpected success on the Switch. A great way to test the waters would be simply deluxe porting what they have with the mobile game to the Switch.

I think in general Nintendo needs more staff. IP after IP neglected and it's just piling up at this point with an overwhelming amount of them offering something to the industry that Nintendo is completely ignoring whether it be F-Zero's high-speed racing or Punch Out's boxer fighter. I think outsourcing projects to third parties is all well and good enough but that methodology has its limitations as much as it has its advantages and I think it'd be wise for Nintendo to consider this especially as the acquisition wars are heating up more and more.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Random thought; what if Waluigi and BWD were added in a free update in March 2020, and came with the following:
This is some scenario where I pretend most of this was meant for the base game; I was inspired by the free update to KOFXV that’s going to add Ω Rugal soon.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Yeah it'd be a shame to watch Nintendo throw another IP away just like that but I'm not expecting them to do anything with it either. It's a cute little game from what I'm seeing. The lore is decent (sometimes a little generic like "Alberia" and the "sacred shard"), the chibi art style is serviceable and the gameplay is solid. There's definitely potential there for a Nintendo home console series. Looking at this game it's clearly a single-player/co-opt dungeon crawler with a more focused story. They could maybe take some notes from Monster Hunter Stories and let you collect and raise all the different dragons with each species offering some reward to the player beyond the collection itself. Altogether this could definitely satisfy, at the very least, some niche market but could maybe even be a more unexpected success on the Switch. A great way to test the waters would be simply deluxe porting what they have with the mobile game to the Switch.

I think in general Nintendo needs more staff. IP after IP neglected and it's just piling up at this point with an overwhelming amount of them offering something to the industry that Nintendo is completely ignoring whether it be F-Zero's high-speed racing or Punch Out's boxer fighter. I think outsourcing projects to third parties is all well and good enough but that methodology has its limitations as much as it has its advantages and I think it'd be wise for Nintendo to consider this especially as the acquisition wars are heating up more and more.
Yeah, with how successful the Switch has been for them, I think it couldn’t hurt to build up their staff. They could probably pick up a few development studios as well to work on their properties as well as their own original games. Finally, it couldn’t hurt to go even further with letting other studios use their IP. If Nintendo doesn’t have the time to make another DK game, maybe give Playtonic a shot. That could be fun. Sega could always do another F-Zero.

Chuderz

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, with how successful the Switch has been for them, I think it couldn’t hurt to build up their staff. They could probably pick up a few development studios as well to work on their properties as well as their own original games. Finally, it couldn’t hurt to go even further with letting other studios use their IP. If Nintendo doesn’t have the time to make another DK game, maybe give Playtonic a shot. That could be fun. Sega could always do another F-Zero.
Agreed. The recent acquisition of SRD was very interesting I felt like because they'd basically been by all rights a first developer all but officially. What makes them necessary to secure for a company so reluctant to take part in this acquisition war? I have some ideas but the safest answer is first to officially retain them, duh, but also that this SRD is based in Kyoto and as mentioned basically are already an established functioning arm of Nintendo's game division since the beginning.

Somebody posted this piece that I found very informative. Basically Nintendo plans to rent out some more spaces in an upcoming office project nearby but they've set aside 880 million dollars for internal expansion as well. I wonder if the SRD purchase was a part of that budget or its own separate budgetary matter entirely? This is good though because I think now is certainly the time to invest in expansion as momentum builds towards the Switch successor console and I like to see it from them.

I think another worthwhile get for Nintendo if proximity and established loyalty are important to them would be Tose which is also primarily located in Kyoto. They basically have the same history with Nintendo going just as far back if not further. Tose's philosophy is supplementary development as in they seek to provide aid to others' projects rather than do their own and I think this philosophy would be a perfect fit for Nintendo's current needs. Imagine each of Nintendo's development teams being able to outsource some of their work allowing them to either work on more projects at once or more optimally finish projects faster. The informed Nintendofan already sees some of this philosophy in how Monolith Soft helped do BOTW and if I'm not mistaken are currently helping with BOTW2 as they work on the next mainline entry into Xenoblade. Tose have 1,000 employees (600 japan, 400 split between China and Philippines) so that'd be quite the substantial crew to bring into the fold. Of course they're not all game developers and bringing on staff of that size has many challenges and is always a risk no matter how established pedigree and relationship between the two companies is but I think it'd be a solid pickup.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
what youve got to remember is that number of the dormant series' issue may be due to them not selling as well as they could. example chibi-robo went dormant after zip-lash which had a very mixed reception

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Agreed. The recent acquisition of SRD was very interesting I felt like because they'd basically been by all rights a first developer all but officially. What makes them necessary to secure for a company so reluctant to take part in this acquisition war? I have some ideas but the safest answer is first to officially retain them, duh, but also that this SRD is based in Kyoto and as mentioned basically are already an established functioning arm of Nintendo's game division since the beginning.

Somebody posted this piece that I found very informative. Basically Nintendo plans to rent out some more spaces in an upcoming office project nearby but they've set aside 880 million dollars for internal expansion as well. I wonder if the SRD purchase was a part of that budget or its own separate budgetary matter entirely? This is good though because I think now is certainly the time to invest in expansion as momentum builds towards the Switch successor console and I like to see it from them.

I think another worthwhile get for Nintendo if proximity and established loyalty are important to them would be Tose which is also primarily located in Kyoto. They basically have the same history with Nintendo going just as far back if not further. Tose's philosophy is supplementary development as in they seek to provide aid to others' projects rather than do their own and I think this philosophy would be a perfect fit for Nintendo's current needs. Imagine each of Nintendo's development teams being able to outsource some of their work allowing them to either work on more projects at once or more optimally finish projects faster. The informed Nintendofan already sees some of this philosophy in how Monolith Soft helped do BOTW and if I'm not mistaken are currently helping with BOTW2 as they work on the next mainline entry into Xenoblade. Tose have 1,000 employees (600 japan, 400 split between China and Philippines) so that'd be quite the substantial crew to bring into the fold. Of course they're not all game developers and bringing on staff of that size has many challenges and is always a risk no matter how established pedigree and relationship between the two companies is but I think it'd be a solid pickup.
Well, I do know a lot of people were saying Nintendo will probably buy Intelligent Systems next...

Gengar84

Smash Hero
what youve got to remember is that number of the dormant series' issue may be due to them not selling as well as they could. example chibi-robo went dormant after zip-lash which had a very mixed reception
Sadly, you do have a point. It is a little sad to realize that Donkey Kong probably falls into that group these days. As someone who grew up with the NES and SNES and loved the DKC games, it is sad to see. The same can be said for F-Zero and StarFox to a lesser extent.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sadly, you do have a point. It is a little sad to realize that Donkey Kong probably falls into that group these days. As someone who grew up with the NES and SNES and loved the DKC games, it is sad to see. The same can be said for F-Zero and StarFox to a lesser extent.
It's extremely sad, mainly cause they had a perfect engine with Tropical Freeze, and that game had high critical acclaim. But can't seem to even reach the Top 35 of best selling Switch games....

Meanwhile, Retro Studios is stuck in development hell with Metroid Prime 4, a game we know nothing of yet! Could've easily made 2 Donkey Kong games in the meanwhile.....

And yes, PlayTonic also has every means of making a Donkey Kong game, tag along guys from Nintendo who worked on DKC before, Monolith for the texture niceness, a good head director as Miyamoto, and I honestly just don't get why Donkey Kong should be in this hiatus.

I talk about this weekly, if not more, but it simply doesn't add up and make sense.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Why not remake a lot of the NES classics in HD, and put that all in one game ?

Chuderz

Smash Journeyman
That's fair enough for Chibi Robo. Personally I don't think Nintendo needs another platformer (not that I'm against Chibi Robo being given another chance entirely but I think Donkey Kong is the front of the line as far as additional platformers go) but that's the kind of project you'd outsource to an indie studio whether it's a 2D or 3D iteration of the franchise. Other than that the only other use I could think of for the IP would be to feature it in Smash in someway (anything from an AT to a fighter) or "Nintendo Cart" if that idea ever comes to fruition.

What about the likes of F-Zero though? Its last mainline game sold 1.5 million copies in 2004. A massively different (smaller) gaming market on an underperforming console (no shade I truly loved my Gamecube).

Actually when I really think about it I don't understand how F-Zero GX could have been construed as a failure at all. The best-selling Gamecube game was Melee at just over 7.5 million units sold. The second best-selling one was notably Double Dash at just under 7 million. F-Zero GX overall places 19th on the list. That's a very respectable sales performance I feel like. The only reason I can think of is basically Nintendo foolishly comparing Double Dash's performance to GX's because they're both technically racing games which is absolutely ridiculous if that was the case. Sure business can be shrewd but how do you even begin to meaningfully compare these titles place in the genre and market?

If Nintendo wanted more sales from F-Zero they'd either have to invest in making that happen (something they understandably would be resistant to) or just let it happen naturally but they didn't even do that. They just abandoned it completely and I don't think it was warranted.

Even third-party companies have built pitches to Nintendo for an F-Zero, requiring the most minimal of investment on the part of Nintendo for the franchise's maintained well-being and they still refused. It's baffling.

Nintendo constantly pontificates vaguely about how they're always looking to provide new experiences like they're whimsical Imagineers so above all the competitive forces of the industry all the while they blatantly neglect unique experiences and potential for growth inherent to franchises such as F-Zero, Star Fox, Golden Sun, Punch-Out, Eternal Darkness, Pikmin, Kid Icarus and the like. They're benevolent artists striving for greatness one moment and then cruel calculating businessmen the next.

I pretty much think Pokemon spoiled Nintendo in a very bad way. They feel entitled to success for the most minimal of effort on their part and it's made them so risk-intolerant that it's holding them back. Nintendo use to define or even invent whole new genres. Now they're just content to rest on their laurels endlessly porting their back-catalog.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
And Nightmare too.
Nightmare is probably my most wanted Japanese fighting game character out of realistic options. I’d also love to see Guile and Vega from Street Fighter as well Astaroth from Soul Calibur and Susano from Blazblue but I don’t think any of those are happening. My top two most wanted fighting game characters are probably Fulgore from Killer Instinct and Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat. Those two would have a bit more difficulty with licensing, being western games, particularly Mortal Kombat.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
It's a shame for Dragalia lost, I never really wanted Euden for Smash tbh and I was pretty sure he would never got in as long as the game was not released in Europe, but it's still sad to see a game that will completely disappear. I always thought that the game was pretty big considering that it even did crossover with Persona and Monster hunter, but it seems like after the first few years it drop in popularity. It would be cool to have an offline version of the game.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
It's a shame for Dragalia lost, I never really wanted Euden for Smash tbh and I was pretty sure he would never got in as long as the game was not released in Europe, but it's still sad to see a game that will completely disappear. I always thought that the game was pretty big considering that it even did crossover with Persona and Monster hunter, but it seems like after the first few years it drop in popularity. It would be cool to have an offline version of the game.
Euden was someone I knew nothing about until his day came up in the character exploration thread. From what everyone shared, he seemed pretty cool. While I never actively wanted him in Smash, I think he would have been someone that I’d be happy to see since he looks like he’d have a fun moveset and his design is pretty cool. It is a shame his game is ending but maybe he can still show up as an assist trophy in a future Smash at the very least.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
That's fair enough for Chibi Robo. Personally I don't think Nintendo needs another platformer (not that I'm against Chibi Robo being given another chance entirely but I think Donkey Kong is the front of the line as far as additional platformers go) but that's the kind of project you'd outsource to an indie studio whether it's a 2D or 3D iteration of the franchise. Other than that the only other use I could think of for the IP would be to feature it in Smash in someway (anything from an AT to a fighter) or "Nintendo Cart" if that idea ever comes to fruition.

What about the likes of F-Zero though? Its last mainline game sold 1.5 million copies in 2004. A massively different (smaller) gaming market on an underperforming console (no shade I truly loved my Gamecube).

Actually when I really think about it I don't understand how F-Zero GX could have been construed as a failure at all. The best-selling Gamecube game was Melee at just over 7.5 million units sold. The second best-selling one was notably Double Dash at just under 7 million. F-Zero GX overall places 19th on the list. That's a very respectable sales performance I feel like. The only reason I can think of is basically Nintendo foolishly comparing Double Dash's performance to GX's because they're both technically racing games which is absolutely ridiculous if that was the case. Sure business can be shrewd but how do you even begin to meaningfully compare these titles place in the genre and market?

If Nintendo wanted more sales from F-Zero they'd either have to invest in making that happen (something they understandably would be resistant to) or just let it happen naturally but they didn't even do that. They just abandoned it completely and I don't think it was warranted.

Even third-party companies have built pitches to Nintendo for an F-Zero, requiring the most minimal of investment on the part of Nintendo for the franchise's maintained well-being and they still refused. It's baffling.
what you got to remember is that the last game in the series was considered a bit of a flop. the game cube one may have been a huge success but the ones that followed it werent as lucky. even then its whole series has sold less than some of nintendo series with less games like splatoon and xenoblade. the list i looked up placed it under style savvy. its easy to say that nintendo could have made any of them a success if they wanted to but i think as far as theyre concerned theres just no real interest in them or at least no interest big enough

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I think Nagoshi was mistaken when he claimed that F-Zero GX sold 1.5 million copies.

This thread here is the most accurate data for Nintendo's million sellers as it actually comes straight from Nintendo themselves. You can go look at the GCN list and you'll see that F-Zero GX is nowhere to be seen, despite what Nagoshi said.

These are F-Zero's sales numbers:
  • F-Zero SNES: 2.85 million
  • F-Zero X: 1.10 million
  • F-Zero: Maximum Velocity: 1.05 million
Not mentioned: F-Zero GX, F-Zero GP Legend, F-Zero Climax. This is because...well, they didn't sell over a million.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I think Nagoshi was mistaken when he claimed that F-Zero GX sold 1.5 million copies.

This thread here is the most accurate data for Nintendo's million sellers as it actually comes straight from Nintendo themselves. You can go look at the GCN list and you'll see that F-Zero GX is nowhere to be seen, despite what Nagoshi said.

Not mentioned: F-Zero GX, F-Zero GP Legend, F-Zero Climax. This is because...well, they didn't sell over a million.
Oh... yeah, that explains a lot.

Chuderz

Smash Journeyman
what you got to remember is that the last game in the series was considered a bit of a flop. the game cube one may have been a huge success but the ones that followed it werent as lucky. even then its whole series has sold less than some of nintendo series with less games like splatoon and xenoblade. the list i looked up placed it under style savvy. its easy to say that nintendo could have made any of them a success if they wanted to but i think as far as theyre concerned theres just no real interest in them or at least no interest big enough
I think success comes naturally to some series and has to be earned for others and oftentimes success earned amounts to a fraction as much as the success that comes naturally.

A steady stream of F-Zero games could have built upon each other and potentially set the stage for greater success for the franchise and that's just how it's done sometimes. FFXlV was considered a flop at launch but was built into a success as was No Man's Sky.

On top of that Nintendo and the wider gaming market is in a different place now than they were during the 64/GC era. The entire industry expanded and diversified their audience since then so it might be time to give these series another shot. Even as recently as the Wii U era we know Nintendo was still under the impression that their audience is and/or should be mainly casuals and children so of course a challenging game like F-Zero or a maturely themed one like Eternal Darkness didn't do well on their consoles then. Again it might be time to give these deserving series another shot.

Whether he's mistaken or not it doesn't take away from my argument that sometimes you gotta invest in a series to build the success you want to see and sometimes the merit is in the gameplay itself. Nintendo sure likes to talk the talk but when it comes time to walk they usually skip out. Sure it isn't the most ideal to invest time and resources in a comparatively smaller success than what's being more effortlessly achieved elsewhere but it's how you build a portfolio of products that actually deliver quality experiences to your audience and it's most certainly how you make a franchise more successful than it is.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think success comes naturally to some series and has to be earned for others and oftentimes success earned amounts to a fraction as much as the success that comes naturally.

A steady stream of F-Zero games could have built upon each other and potentially set the stage for greater success for the franchise and that's just how it's done sometimes. FFXlV was considered a flop at launch but was built into a success as was No Man's Sky.

On top of that Nintendo and the wider gaming market is in a different place now than they were during the 64/GC era. The entire industry expanded and diversified their audience since then so it might be time to give these series another shot. Even as recently as the Wii U era we know Nintendo was still under the impression that their audience is and/or should be mainly casuals and children so of course a challenging game like F-Zero or a maturely themed one like Eternal Darkness didn't do well on their consoles then. Again it might be time to give these deserving series another shot.

Whether he's mistaken or not it doesn't take away from my argument that sometimes you gotta invest in a series to build the success you want to see and sometimes the merit is in the gameplay itself. Nintendo sure likes to talk the talk but when it comes time to walk they usually skip out. Sure it isn't the most ideal to invest time and resources in a comparatively smaller success than what's being more effortlessly achieved elsewhere but it's how you build a portfolio of products that actually deliver quality experiences to your audience and it's most certainly how you make a franchise more successful than it is.
but they had invested in the series. 6 games and an anime series isnt nothing. but the best the games have done is when falcons in smash. its easy to say if there had been more but if after 6 games they werent seeing the returns they wanted well it makes sense they gave up on it. also your examples of FF14 and NMS are from the era of patching it in post and are MMOs things that benfit from the long term. F-zero was in a time when such things did not happen and building up to similar success over multiple games is going to be more costly. f-zero had its chance and it did better than many but people just lost interest

also success isn’t always a sure sign of a series lifeline. Nintendogs is one of Nintendos top 10 best selling franchises and we’ve haven’t had one of those in a while

Last edited:

Stratos

Smash Ace
Another character from the F-Zero series that should come as a newcomer is the Black Shadow, whose his vehicle is called the Black Bull, so his movements should be the same as those of Captain Falcon, with the difference that his movements should be have names with Bull instead of Falcon, in other words as an echo fighter of Captain Falcon.

Last edited:

Yamat08

Smash Journeyman
yeah but where could they possibly go with the story?

the number of all powerful evils we've had is quite a lot even for a jrpg
I mean, who says they really need to continue the same story? Just porting over what they already have and configuring it to work offline and not having the usual mobile pay/time-based limitations should be fine enough, I'd think.

I never got into Chibi-Robo, though from the sounds of it, it seems to me like Nintendo just never gave it a proper chance.

As an aside, I recall seeing quite a few companies pull this scummy tactic of pretty much telling consumers "If you want your beloved series to have a future, you better buy this divisive title that removes everything you loved about said series in the first place." Around the same time, it seemed like there were also a few localizers who'd pull that same crap, localizing an entry not a lot of people cared for and supposedly gauging interest in the series based solely on that. The following might just be some rumors, so take it with a grain of salt, but I recall speculation that they were doing just this with Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth; Bandai Namco was supposedly cautious about localizing the game, even though the demand was there, because Digimon All-Star Rumble flopped (despite the latter being a game that nobody asked for and, oddly enough, was made exclusively for the western market with no Japanese release). Of course, it's also possible that the reason for the game's localization prospects seeming doubtful at first was simply due to the Vita's status as a dead system in the west (they had to port the game to PS4 seemingly just so it could stand any chance outside of Japan).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hot take.

The Scott the Woz video is sensationalist.

Zip Lash is not very good but it's nowhere near the worst Chibi Robo game.

Photo Finder is so much worse...

Infinitely worse.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I mean, who says they really need to continue the same story? Just porting over what they already have and configuring it to work offline and not having the usual mobile pay/time-based limitations should be fine enough, I'd think.

I never got into Chibi-Robo, though from the sounds of it, it seems to me like Nintendo just never gave it a proper chance.

As an aside, I recall seeing quite a few companies pull this scummy tactic of pretty much telling consumers "If you want your beloved series to have a future, you better buy this divisive title that removes everything you loved about said series in the first place." Around the same time, it seemed like there were also a few localizers who'd pull that same crap, localizing an entry not a lot of people cared for and supposedly gauging interest in the series based solely on that. The following might just be some rumors, so take it with a grain of salt, but I recall speculation that they were doing just this with Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth; Bandai Namco was supposedly cautious about localizing the game, even though the demand was there, because Digimon All-Star Rumble flopped (despite the latter being a game that nobody asked for and, oddly enough, was made exclusively for the western market with no Japanese release). Of course, it's also possible that the reason for the game's localization prospects seeming doubtful at first was simply due to the Vita's status as a dead system in the west (they had to port the game to PS4 seemingly just so it could stand any chance outside of Japan).
chibi-robo always struggled, zip lash was just the final struggle

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
As far as the mobile titles, I always got the sense that Nintendo ventured into that area more to please the stockholders than having strong active interest in it. Given that many claimed that the Wii-U's struggles were partially attributed to various casual gamers having already moved on to mobile games, part of me suspects there was a contingent of those that wanted the company to go into that market to make up for the losses in the console race.

Their efforts weren't necessarily half-hearted, but they certainly were fairly conservative; enough to test the waters and earn some profit if possible, but not diverting too many resources nor risking too much money in it. It's hard to imagine them ever in a position like Sega losing 25 million dollars thanks to the flopped performance of mobile Sakura Wars for example.

Tour will definitely keep going for a while, however given the success of the Switch I could imagine Nintendo gradually stepping further out of the market as time goes on.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
A shame that the two games that have survived the longest are the most predatory of the bunch.
Can't say anything for Mario Kart Tour, but Fire Emblem Heroes would actually be tame on the practices had it not been for the constant powercreep and hardly changed 3-4 Star pool(and to some extent, the FEH Pass). Take away the powercreep and Fire Emblem Heroes would easily be the most forgiving Gacha game. Otherwise, Fire Emblem Heroes is decently tamer compared to other Gacha games, and certainly no where near Fate/Grand Order levels of predatory.

That aside, yeah, it really sucks that Dragalia Lost is getting shut-down. As I said in the Social Thread,
Really sucks when business has to take priority over fandom and whatnot. Even if I never played it, I feel for the fans who did play and enjoy it. And the fact that the game will become unplayable and is possibly unpreserved and lost forever, or stuck in the Vault forever, also sucks too.

Makes me really wish that Dragalia Lost would get a non-Online required Switch version that is the full game, with almost all the features, characters and whatnot, that you simply pay for and the Gacha system is re-worked to something similar to Xenoblade 2's Crystal Core system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
Can't say anything for Mario Kart Tour, but Fire Emblem Heroes would actually be tame on the practices had it not been for the constant powercreep and hardly changed 3-4 Star pool(and to some extent, the FEH Pass). Take away the powercreep and Fire Emblem Heroes would easily be the most forgiving Gacha game. Otherwise, Fire Emblem Heroes is decently tamer compared to other Gacha games, and certainly no where near Fate/Grand Order levels of predatory.
Doesn't that game have PVP(technically)?

In a gacha game?

Yeah, you really can't top that.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Another character from the F-Zero series that should come as a newcomer is the Black Shadow, whose his vehicle is called the Black Bull, so his movements should be the same as those of Captain Falcon, with the difference that his movements should be have names with Bull instead of Falcon, in other words as an echo fighter of Captain Falcon.
He should have Ganondorf's moveset, so Ganondorf can get a completely new moveset.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Doesn't that game have PVP(technically)?

In a gacha game?

Yeah, you really can't top that.
Yes, a majority of Gacha games do. Hell, many frickin' games that encourage Money spending like MMOs, card games, etc, have PVP. Hence why no PVP is very commonly one of the positives people give Grand Order. And while it's not like PVP can't be balanced, it's often one of the big reasons behind powercreep, which cycles back to FEH's biggest issue being powercreep. While some units have aged quite well, including a good number of 3/4 Stars, god, too many times does FEH often go into a cycle of "Introduce character or mechanic that has next to no counters and messes the balance" and "Introduce counter to character or mechanic" that is often the encouragement for people to spend.

If you ignore the PVP, it's honestly a next-to-no issue in general and you can focus on your favorites without issue, as you can clear any non-PVP content with any team without issue. Hence why FEH's biggest issue is the powercreep. If the PVP was even remotely balanced and older characters were given much better solutions for stats and skills, that would easily make FEH one of the much friendlier Gachas over a whole lot of others. But gotta give encouragement to spend somehow, like what Gachas are supposed to do.....le sigh...

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
He should have Ganondorf's moveset, so Ganondorf can get a completely new moveset.
He’d need Ganondorf’s Melee or Brawl moveset. The sword moves would have to go. I’d love a trident wielding mage Ganondorf that takes elements from all of his incarnations. I love his OoT based design in Ultimate so I hope they keep that at least.

Top Bottom