• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
The only problem some people have with Incineroar is that he's not Decidueye because a fully evolved grass starter felt "mandatory" to them

If you're not one of those people, congratulations, you're able to see that Incineroar was a really fun addition.
Yeah, I personally don't have a problem with him. For Pokemon characters, we have a kung fu fighter (Lucario), we have a ninja (Greninja), and now we have a wrestler (Incineroar). No complaints on my end.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I just feel like more creative risks should be done with a character like Alear, and so I don't want to just slap any of Smash's current FE reps onto Alear's moveset for the sake of it. And I know using Emblems like Sigurd and Celica would at least make for creative specials.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want Alear to be a character whose moveset thinks outside the box and tries using Emblems of FE characters who aren't directly playable in Smash.
While I highly doubt they would just straight up staple other playable characters to her and call her "Emblem Climbers" because...well it's straight up a terrible idea, I could definitely see being disappointed at them implementing Engage's mechanics in the least interesting way possible.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
Let's try this again.

In terms of newcomers you want in a Smash Bros. game, which ones you want could be easy to master and which ones do you imagine to be hard to master? In fact, which characters you wanted that got in did you think were easy to master, or hard to master for that matter?
I have a feeling beat'em up characters would translate into Smash very easily, so characters like Kunio, Riki, and the Double Dragons will probably be easy to master.

Then I think characters like Hayabusa (who can draw elements from TWO series for his moveset) and Doom Slayer (depending how much FPS elements would be featured in his moveset) would be hard to master.

As for characters I wanted that got in that were either hard or easy to master, I like the way Mega Man was designed for Smash but I was never good with him. I was slightly better with Simon but still not that good. The only character that got in I wanted that I stuck with and got better with was Little Mac. Picked him in Smash 4 and haven't dropped him since.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
If Robin can use their Final Smash on Chrom, what's stopping Alear from using Emblem Marth against Marth?
This is all conjecture, but I’ve always assumed they decided to add Chrom after they already finished making Robin. I think they realized that they could use and adjust Chrom’s model from Robin’s Final Smash and put it over Roy’s skeleton to make a last minute echo fighter, and it was too late to give Robin a new Final Smash. I don’t think they would go out of their way to have a playable fighter also be involved in another fighter’s moveset.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This is all conjecture, but I’ve always assumed they decided to add Chrom after they already finished making Robin. I think they realized that they could use and adjust Chrom’s model from Robin’s Final Smash and put it over Roy’s skeleton to make a last minute echo fighter, and it was too late to give Robin a new Final Smash. I don’t think they would go out of their way to have a playable fighter also be involved in another fighter’s moveset.
It's not really correct.

All the Base Characters were decided upon early on in 2015(so basically everyone all the way up to Incineroar and Ken). Chrom being on both spots is a conscious decision in general. It's possible they ran out of time overall to make a new Final Smash, though. Since it requires extra work for something that already is done and works fine. The characters are just toys, after all. There's zero consistency or rules on "who can and cannot appear at once" after all. If it can be applied early enough as a decision, cool. If not, no worries.

Now, it is also possible they made Chrom as one of the last fighters in development, but it doesn't actually correlate to the Final Smash either way. It was unchanged as a choice in the end. There's no rhyme or reason that it mattered. That, and they would need to give Robin a different Victory Screen as well to keep it consistent. So it's most likely "this already works, we don't need to worry about it" and left it at that. There's also a fair possibility that they had thoughts about it, but not enough time to focus on it and treated it as low priority. Sakurai's priorities for what needs changing are always going to be confusing. Some characters get fairly big changes and some don't. It might be best to say the specific decisions just have some bias to it and that's it. Like any game designer would have.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I really hope we get Noah and Mio rather than just one or (more likely) the other. You could make them a swappable character if you wanted to zone in on how important they are to each other, or you could add them on their own with Noah having Iaido style mechanics around drawing Lucky Seven to set him apart from Shulk (though they would likely both have the "I summon Chrom to beat up Chrom" problem with their Final Smash.) If they aren't cowards, they could even add Interlinking as a mechanic, though I would understand if they didn't want "and then they turn into a Kaiju" on the design documents.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
On the note of Xenoblade, do y'all think that there's a possibility of Pyra / Mythra being effectively replaced with Rex with a Pyra / Mythra stance-switch mechanic of some kind should a future Smash game choose to keep them around? After all, if I remember correctly, apparently the main issue with Rex's inclusion was more to do with hardware limitations around having all three models in memory or something, but maybe a future console (whether it be a "Switch 2" or otherwise) wouldn't have that same issue?

GoldenYuiitusin

Smash Ace
On the note of Xenoblade, do y'all think that there's a possibility of Pyra / Mythra being effectively replaced with Rex with a Pyra / Mythra stance-switch mechanic of some kind should a future Smash game choose to keep them around? After all, if I remember correctly, apparently the main issue with Rex's inclusion was more to do with hardware limitations around having all three models in memory or something, but maybe a future console (whether it be a "Switch 2" or otherwise) wouldn't have that same issue?
As likely as Zelda/Sheik and Samus/Zero Suit Samus being a thing again post-3DS limitations.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Alternatively, Rex's appearance in Future Redeemed could also work for a solo Rex moveset if the team felt like that was the next best thing.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
No. For one, I'm sure Xenoblade Chronicles falls into the camp of Fire Emblem and Pokémon in which they will basically never go back and add a character from previous games in the series. It'd also just be a monumentally terrible idea to replace a character with a character who essentially just uses them as a stand.

If they were to add Rex & Pyra/Mythra, it'd have to be alongside Pyra/Mythra, not instead of.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
On the note of Xenoblade, do y'all think that there's a possibility of Pyra / Mythra being effectively replaced with Rex with a Pyra / Mythra stance-switch mechanic of some kind should a future Smash game choose to keep them around?
I think Pyra / Mythra were executed about as well as they possibly could have been, so I anticipate they'll stay this way. No disrespect to Ultimate's Pokemon Trainer, definitely a major step forward, but I think this is finally the moment Smash got the stance change / transformation mechanic totally right.

I can't imagine a Rex team-up working all that well personally, I think trying to make all of them work together would lead to kind of a clunky moveset that simplifying down to Pyra / Mythra has streamlined and made intuitive and fun. Even if technical difficulties were cited as a reason it couldn't be done, I think through trial and error we may have ended up here anyway. And had Pyra or Mythra just chilled in the back like Pokemon Trainer or something, you'd essentially be shafting the more popular characters out of the group.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So for Noah and Mio, I've said this before but I feel that the best way to represent both characters is to add both of them to the roster as unique characters and then add a gimmick or detail if they are both in the match. Only Noah or Mio would feel lopsided and a duo would be clunky.

One of my biggest smash pet peeves on concept is Rex replacing Pyra and Mythra while keeping the same moveset, because The Aegis' entire design philosophy is that they use the attacks that the Blades themselves use, Rex has a whole other set of moves and arts that he can use.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
It's not really correct.

All the Base Characters were decided upon early on in 2015(so basically everyone all the way up to Incineroar and Ken). Chrom being on both spots is a conscious decision in general. It's possible they ran out of time overall to make a new Final Smash, though. Since it requires extra work for something that already is done and works fine. The characters are just toys, after all. There's zero consistency or rules on "who can and cannot appear at once" after all. If it can be applied early enough as a decision, cool. If not, no worries.

Now, it is also possible they made Chrom as one of the last fighters in development, but it doesn't actually correlate to the Final Smash either way. It was unchanged as a choice in the end. There's no rhyme or reason that it mattered. That, and they would need to give Robin a different Victory Screen as well to keep it consistent. So it's most likely "this already works, we don't need to worry about it" and left it at that. There's also a fair possibility that they had thoughts about it, but not enough time to focus on it and treated it as low priority. Sakurai's priorities for what needs changing are always going to be confusing. Some characters get fairly big changes and some don't. It might be best to say the specific decisions just have some bias to it and that's it. Like any game designer would have.
Do you have a source proving Chrom was decided from the beginning along with every other character? I know all characters are typically decided from the very beginning, but there have been exceptions in the past, mainly with “clone” characters.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
We all know that the most likely choice for the next SNK rep might be Kyo and/or Iori or Haohmaru and/or Nakoruru. But I kinda would like to see Geese.

Also, if Terry gets in the next game, they should add in his "Wild Wolf" design from Mark of the Wolves.

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Champion
Something about "Alear comes in and summons a bunch of popular FE characters" doesn't sit right with me. In my opinion, it comes off like (1) a prop-based moveset on steroids for a series that isn't a natural fit for nor in need of that theme and (2) another incarnation of that common fan tendency to want to cram in as many FE characters as possible without actually doing any of them justice.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Do you have a source proving Chrom was decided from the beginning along with every other character? I know all characters are typically decided from the very beginning, but there have been exceptions in the past, mainly with “clone” characters.
"Incineroar was the only character that wasn’t decided on in the project plan. A spot was left open for a new Pokemon character to be decided on later because of the release of Pokemon Sun and Moon."
I thought there was another interview that went over it, but this was it. It's notable that of the 5 games, 3 of them did have last minute clones added to the roster as a concept, instead of being planned beforehand. Brawl and Ultimate subverted that. Brawl didn't have the same kind of clones, mind you, but every single character, even the ones who barely made it in(like Wolf) were intended to be in. Melee and 64 had last minute ones(we don't entirely know a lot about the full project plans of those two, though), and 4's only change that we know of at least was the clone trio being added but were costumes first.

He doesn't entirely delve into the project plan outside of Brawl and Ultimate too. These are the only ones left with almost zero mysteries to it, notably.

Ivander

Smash Legend
If part of Alear's appeal to some people is the appearance of more FE characters, why not look to the Breidablik as a Pokeball-like item, but for Fire Emblem characters?
  • Gives Fire Emblem characters their own Pokeball-like item to allow more appearances by different Fire Emblem characters and not being restricted to main characters only, allowing popular side-characters and villains to appear.
  • Allows for character classes of all types, allowing appearances for Pegasus Knights, Horse Riders, Wyvern Riders, Armoured Knights, Mages, Manaketes, Beastkin, etc. Heck, the Breidablik can summon outright Gods and Final Bosses, which can serve as the Bredablik's "Legendary" Pokemon-like Summons.
  • It's a frickin' Gun.

You are literally shooting out the characters you summon like a bullet. How would that not be cool to see in Smash Bros?

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Something about "Alear comes in and summons a bunch of popular FE characters" doesn't sit right with me. In my opinion, it comes off like (1) a prop-based moveset on steroids for a series that isn't a natural fit for nor in need of that theme and (2) another incarnation of that common fan tendency to want to cram in as many FE characters as possible without actually doing any of them justice.
Yeah Alear should (and likely would) stick to just one. You might be able to have a swap mechanic with the Emblems, but even then you could only do like, 3 max. Then you'd run into the issue of who other than Marth you pick.

Besides, if we're making a summoner character with this intent Kieran would be a much better fit.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
If they do add them, I'd be curious about a few things:
  • Which one's the default? Precedence says male but the female seems to be the more popular one by far, and there's been more time for that to become known.
  • Will they at all be a Marth derivative? My initial thoughts were that they were just going to be Marth, but with Arsene Marth helping them out, but they could do any number of things.
  • How will the Emblem mechanic work? Will it be engaging?
I actually thought about it but never wrote it.

First, the male will likely be the lead because that's just what they do with every FE avatar. I'd still pick the female one because she's cute.

As for the moveset...
  • It will be one of two things; either really flashy to be in line with how Engage is trying to be like the GBA games or simply a Marth derivative. Either way, specials would likely involve the Emblem so Alear would stick out regardless.
  • Some of the specials could reference mechanics in Engage rather than an Emblem's abilities, like Marth assisting Alear in a rekka-like combo to nod at Chain Attacks or, yes, a counter due to the Chain Guard mechanic.
  • My thoughts are that "Arsene Marth", as you put it, would be the default state but only help out on specials rather than every move like Actual Arsene. But then you fill a meter, Engage with Marth and get into a buffed merged state where your specials are crazier for a few seconds.
  • If they really wanted to, they could also incorporate Alear's brawling skills since there's been time to establish them in Heroes through their Legendary alts. Perhaps a stance system of some kind that Alear can swap to at any time? Stance characters is an untapped archetype in Smash, after all.
  • Of course, Emblems can't normally fight along in Engage unlike what I'm suggesting here but creative liberties are common in Smash, even in recent movesets which tend to stay truer to the source material. As an example, every single move of Joker that isn't a special is original to Smash, and that's not going over the fact that he cannot do Eiha on his own in Persona 5.
I think Alear definitely has a lot of potential as a really unique fighter. But unless we somehow don't get any new mainline FE before a new Smash game is fully planned, their chances are next to nonexistent...

I just feel like more creative risks should be done with a character like Alear, and so I don't want to just slap any of Smash's current FE reps onto Alear's moveset for the sake of it. And I know using Emblems like Sigurd and Celica would at least make for creative specials.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I want Alear to be a character whose moveset thinks outside the box and tries using Emblems of FE characters who aren't directly playable in Smash.
And who says Emblem Marth has to be exactly like Marth?

Even with just one Emblem in the moveset, it wouldn't be too crazy to incorporate stuff from other Emblems if it's reasonable enough (Emblem Marth could have a move similar to Sigurd's Engage Attack but without the horse, for example)

That is true but also...

You can have eight Dr. Marios fight each other on the same screen. I don't think it's too crazy to assume Emblem Marth can show up to cut down Marth.

Like Goldie implied, hardware limitations of the 3DS separated Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS, yet they remained split in Ultimate which absolutely has the firepower to handle that since we have other examples of this.

Pokemon Trainer is the only case of them going back and making a solo character part of a group again because Trainer without Charizard would feel wrong.

Perfect score if it ends with this, but with an invitation instead of a Soul Edge shard.
Ends?

Nah. That should be when the tagline comes in.

Nightmare Claims Your Soul!

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Zelda and Sheik also were completely separated design-wise, but it's kind of easy when there's more than one Zelda. Sheik only shows up, like twice(HW stars a different Zelda) as is, and to say the least, they don't tend to take from spin-offs much(though canon ones moreso, but we still get minor content here and there from the non-canon ones).

Samus and Zero Suit Samus didn't work that way, but they honestly are vastly different and they had even less of a reason to be tied together. Their movesets didn't compliment each other at all(while this issue still happens with Zelda/Sheik, they were still designed to work together. They still can, but the execution didn't work out very well, though part of that is from people finding Zelda not nearly as useful to play, but also cause the tier system shows that faster characters are just plain better(at the time of Melee. This isn't nearly as much of a case in later games, but still are going to have a top tier spot). So she was in an awful spot).

Samus/ZSS was just plain clunky, with no real reason to keep them together beyond a neat Final Smash/lore. That said, Pokemon Trainer was far better done than Zelda/Sheik, it just needed more updating(which it did, and they're pretty nice in Ultimate now. They're at a whopping 24 out of 82 placement. Compared to 29th out of 38 in Brawl. Even Charizard's own ranking from 4 is overall better in Ultimate, which was 42 out of 54(which is slightly worse percentage-wise). Re-teaming it up only made 'em better in the end).

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
no cause sakurai plays favourites. he also has this thing in his head that fans will be furious if he changes any character already on the roster

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Perfect score if it ends with this, but with an invitation instead of a Soul Edge shard.
I loved that opening from SC2. That would make an awesome ending to a Nightmare reveal trailer. It’s one of my favorite SC songs along with Nightmare’s theme from that game “Raise Thy Sword”.

Last edited:

Scrimblo Bimblo

Smash Journeyman
I think they work fine enough as is. Throwing Rex in there would just complicate things, imho the fact that your stats and moves change with the swap is conveyed better by... just swapping your character.

However...
Apparently that was the second time that Sakurai tried to implement this kind of tag team, First Diddy/Dixie in Brawl and then Rex/Pyra and Mythra in Ultimate. It didn't work out either time.
Maybe he'll finally do it in the next game? But with which character?

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I think they work fine enough as is. Throwing Rex in there would just complicate things, imho the fact that your stats and moves change with the swap is conveyed better by... just swapping your character.

However...
Apparently that was the second time that Sakurai tried to implement this kind of tag team, First Diddy/Dixie in Brawl and then Rex/Pyra and Mythra in Ultimate. It didn't work out either time.
Maybe he'll finally do it in the next game? But with which character?
There’s a few options I think would be cool for some kind of team mechanic. I’d like to see one that’s kind of like a hybrid between Ice Climbers and a traditional transform character. Basically, where both characters are visible on screen but only one is active at a time. They call on their partner to perform specific team attacks but it’s primarily just one active fighter at a time.

Here are some options I think could be fun with that approach:

Dixie Kong/Kiddy Kong
Nia/Dromarch
Yuri/Repede
H’aanit/Lynde

Another simpler idea is to have the team attack mechanic tied to a more classic transform character with only one visible fighter at a time. The team attack would be performed upon switching. Here’s a couple ideas for that gimmick:

Alphen/Shionne
Yasuo/Ahri
Vi/Caitlyn

Last edited:

Stratos

Smash Ace
Out of the 89 video game characters I want to be introduced as newcomers to the Super Smash Bros. series, it's true that some have a high chance of being introduced, while others seem to me to have no chance at all, and some others I'm not sure about. Here are the three categories:

Takamaru (The Mysterious Murasame Castle)
Black Shadow (F-Zero series)
Medusa (Kid Icarus series)
Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo series)
Earthworm Jim (Earthworm Jim series)
Bomberman (Bomberman series)
Meowth (Pokémon series)
Waluigi (Mario series)
Freddy Fazbear (Five Nights at Freddy's series)
Liu Kang (Mortal Kombat series)
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat series)
Kyo Kusanagi (The King of Fighters series)
Haohmaru (Samurai Shodown series)
Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
Jin Kazama (Tekken series)
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden series)
Crash Bandicoot (Crash Bandicoot series)
Spyro the Dragon (Spyro the Dragon series)
Professor Hershel Layton (Professor Layton series)
Siegfried Schtauffen (Soulcalibur series)
Nightmare (Soulcalibur series)
Elma (Xenoblade Chronicles series)
Cross (Xenoblade Chronicles series)
Chris Redfied (Resident Evil series)
Albert Wesker (Resident Evil series)
Nemesis-T Type (Resident Evil series)
Pyramid Head (Silent Hill series)
Bubble Dragons (Bub & Bob) (Bubble Bobble series)
Protagonist (Famicom Detective Club series)
Ayumi Tachibana (Famicom Detective Club series)
Reiji Arisu (Namco × Capcom, Project X Zone series)
Laboman (Labo)
Ring Fit Trainee (Ring Fit Adventure)
Dillon (Dillon series)
Dante (Devil May Cry series)
Agumon (Digimon series)
Solaire of Astora (Dark Souls series)
Chrono (Chrono series)
Doomguy (Doom series)
Master Chief (Halo series)
Rayman (Rayman seiries)
Isaac (Golden Sun series)
Chrono (Chrono series)
Cuphead (Cuphead)
Andy (Advance Wars series)

Unicycle (Uniracers)
Tin Star (Tin Star)
Kevin (Karkurenbo Battle Monster Tactics)
Queen Azarel (Warlocked)
Chief Zog (Warlocked)
Ivan (Devil's Third)
Mr. Stevenson (Gumshoe)
Black Panther (Black Panther) not the Marvel superhero, the cybernetic Black Panther from Konami's arcade game Black Panther.

Euden (Dragalia Lost)
Zethia (Dragalia Lost)
Aeron (Pandora's Tower)
Zael (The Last Story)
Freyr (Zangeki no Reginleiv)
Freyja (Zangeki no Reginleiv)
Bendy (Bendy seiries)
Alexandra Roivas (Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem)
John Raimi (Geist)
Raymond Bryce (Disaster: Day of Crisis)
Abe (Oddworld series)
Stranger (Oddworld series)
Fighter Hayabusa (Pro Wrestling)
Captain Rainbow (Captain Rainbow)
Conker (Conker series)
Edward Carnby (Alone in the Dark series)
Lara Croft (Tomb Raider series)
Adol Christin (Ys series)
Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear series)
Ragna the Bloodedge (BlazBlue series)
Gex (Gex series)
Protagonist (Glory of Heracles series)
Heracles (Glory of Heracles series)
Spring Man (ARMS)
Yooka-Laylee (Yooka-Laylee series
Henry Fleming (Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.)
Aisya (ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat)
Miriam (Bloodstained series)
Mike Jones (StarTropics series)
Saki Amamiya (Sin and Punishment series)
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger (Ty the Tasmanian Tiger series)
Akira Howard (Astral Chain)
Daitoyou (Nintendo Hanafuda cards) him though I would like him on the other hand because he represents Napoleon who was a real man I don't count him.
Tengu (Nintendo Hanafuda Cards)
Mini Kangaroo (Nintendo Mini Game Series)
Nester (Nintendo Power Magazine)
Kevin Keene (Captain N: The Game Master)

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Out of the 89 video game characters I want to be introduced as newcomers to the Super Smash Bros. series, it's true that some have a high chance of being introduced, while others seem to me to have no chance at all, and some others I'm not sure about. Here are the three categories:

Meowth (Pokémon series)
Waluigi (Mario series)
Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
Laboman (Labo)
Dillon (Dillon series)
Agumon (Digimon series)
Chrono (Chrono series)
Doomguy (Doom series)
Rayman (Rayman seiries)
Chrono (Chrono series)
Cuphead (Cuphead)

Unicycle (Uniracers)
Tin Star (Tin Star)
Queen Azarel (Warlocked)
Chief Zog (Warlocked)
Ivan (Devil's Third)
Mr. Stevenson (Gumshoe)
Black Panther (Black Panther) not the Marvel superhero, the cybernetic Black Panther from Konami's arcade game Black Panther.

Euden (Dragalia Lost)
Zethia (Dragalia Lost)
Aeron (Pandora's Tower)
Zael (The Last Story)
Bendy (Bendy seiries)
John Raimi (Geist)
Abe (Oddworld series)
Conker (Conker series)
Gex (Gex series)
Spring Man (ARMS)
Daitoyou (Nintendo Hanafuda cards) him though I would like him on the other hand because he represents Napoleon who was a real man I don't count him.
Nice to see someone with as many wanted newcomers as I do lol. A lot of these would be great additions but we surprisingly don’t share a ton of most wanteds despite each having huge lists. I’d say my favorites here are Medusa, Scorpion, Crono, Nightmare, Elma, and Nemesis.

osby

Smash Obsessed
There’s a few options I think would be cool for some kind of team mechanic. I’d like to see one that’s kind of like a hybrid between Ice Climbers and a traditional transform character. Basically, where both characters are visible on screen but only one is active at a time. They call on their partner to perform specific team attacks but it’s primarily just one active fighter at a time.

Here are some options I think could be fun with that approach:

Dixie Kong/Kiddy Kong
Nia/Dromarch
Yuri/Repede
H’aanit/Lynde
This actually sounds pretty cool - though I wonder how they'd make it apparent which character is the one currently active. They'd probably want to avoid a scenario where you think you get a hit but it's actually the inactive partner.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
This actually sounds pretty cool - though I wonder how they'd make it apparent which character is the one currently active. They'd probably want to avoid a scenario where you think you get a hit but it's actually the inactive partner.
I think they’d probably handle it the same as they did for the DKC games where the inactive character is slightly in the background behind the active and their colors are a bit washed out.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Obviously Toon link Replaced Young link in brawl!
It could be interesting to see if
1714737994399.png
replaces :ulttoonlink:
After all he could fill the role Of Classic/ Small link!
And who knows this design was used in sprite form in 3 games that were supposed to be 4 so he definitly has history!
Lets say they actually remake the oracles prior to 6s Release that could be a fun change up while still keeping the pretty necesary role of SMOL LINK arround!

We also dont know if they might use a changed version of this design for a Zelda 1 Remake?
Also this design (unlike toon link) got a pretty faithful recreation in Zelda totk!

Granted i would be a okay if a slightly Proportion shifted version of him gets added as a toon link alt!
But nintendo hasnt done anything like that in smash yet! (for zelda atleast)

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Here's a question I don't see proposed often; what characters would you like to see team up in a story mode? A lot of the cast can play off one another in fun ways, like how Subspace handled its teams of Fox / Diddy Kong, the Swordsman Trio, and these three:

1714742268747.png

I'd love to see a duo consisting of Banjo-Kazooie & Snake. I think the former's more laid back personalities would serve as a nice contrast with Snake's serious demeanor, and I could easily Kazooie sarcastically poking fun at how Snake goes about hiding in boxes (granted, I think Kazooie would make fun of everyone she comes across, but that just makes the idea of a new story mode where characters are actually allowed to interact all the more enticing).

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Here's a question I don't see proposed often; what characters would you like to see team up in a story mode? A lot of the cast can play off one another in fun ways, like how Subspace handled its teams of Fox / Diddy Kong, the Swordsman Trio, and these three:

View attachment 388746

I'd love to see a duo consisting of Banjo-Kazooie & Snake. I think the former's more laid back personalities would serve as a nice contrast with Snake's serious demeanor, and I could easily Kazooie sarcastically poking fun at how Snake goes about hiding in boxes (granted, I think Kazooie would make fun of everyone she comes across, but that just makes the idea of a new story mode where characters are actually allowed to interact all the more enticing).
You know, I would love to see Snake react to Banjo and Kazooie’s fourth wall breaking.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

View attachment 388746

I've got several ideas for most of the characters that weren't in Brawl at all:
  • Dark Samus, Wolf, King K. Rool, Sephiroth and Kazuya being major antagonists (Ridley technically was in Brawl as a boss but he'd be an antagonist here, too)
  • Daisy being a supportive figure for Lucina, and Young Link teaching Lucina the Song of Time
  • Dr. Mario being the brainwashed and/or amnesiac alter ego of Mario
  • Simon and Luigi trying to storm Dracula's Castle while protecting an injured Pichu
  • Sora mistaking Joker for an enemy
  • Mii's being mass-produced soldiers using the original Mii Fighters as templates
  • Terry having to save Ryu and Ken from their respective Evil and Violent selves
Those are just a few examples.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Nice to see someone with as many wanted newcomers as I do lol.
Well, that's sounds like an invitation to post wishlists.

1. Ryu Hayabusa [Ninja Gaiden]
2. Bill Rizer/Lance Bean [Contra]
3. Arthur [Ghosts ‘n Goblins]
4. Kunio/Riki [River City]
5. SV-001 Metal Slug [Metal Slug]
6. Bub/Bob [Bubble Bobble]
7. Jill Valentine [Resident Evil]
8. Morrigan [Darkstalkers]
9. Nightmare [Soulcalibur]
10. Kazuma Kiryu [Like a Dragon]
11. Nakoruru [Samurai Shodown]
12. Dante [Devil May Cry]
13. Phoenix Wright [Ace Attorney]
14. Viewtiful Joe [Viewtiful Joe]
15. Amaterasu [Okami]
16. Mike Haggar [Final Fight]
17. Strider Hiryu [Strider]
18. Goemon/Ebisumaru [Legend of the Mystical Ninja]
19. Crono [Chrono Trigger]
20. Nathan Spencer [Bionic Commando]
21. Rash/Zitz [Battletoads]
22. Bomberman [Bomberman]
23. Estelle Bright [Legend of Heroes]
24. Shantae [Shantae]
25. Captain Toad/Toadette [Treasure Tracker]
26. King Hippo [Punch-Out]
27. Firebrand [Gargoyle’s Quest]
28. Zero [Mega Man X]
29. Alucard [Castlevania]
30. Raiden [Metal Gear]
10e. Ninten [Ness]
11e. Black Shadow [Captain Falcon]
16e. Impa [Sheik]
27e. Galacta Knight [Meta Knight]
31e. Liquid Snake [Snake]
32e. Black Knight [Ike]
35e. Charizard [Pokemon Trainer]
36e. Dixie Kong [Diddy Kong]
38e. Shadow [Sonic]
46e. Bass [Megaman]
61e. Zack [Cloud]
63e. Jeanne [Bayonetta]
64e. Octolings [Inklings]
82e. Roxas [Sora]
Mother Brain [Metroid]
Andross [Star Fox]
Arceus [Pokemon]
Porky [Earthbound]
Medusa [Kid Icarus]
Liquid Snake piloting Metal Gear REX [Metal Gear]
Eggman piloting Death Egg Robot [Sonic the Hedgehog]
Dr. Wily piloting Wily Machine [Mega Man]
Safer∙Sephiroth [Final Fantasy]
Astaroth [Ghosts ‘n Goblins]
Swordfighter:
Crono [Chrono Trigger] (if not getting in as Fighter)
Frog [Chrono Trigger]
Randi [Secret of Mana]
Majima [Like a Dragon]
Vergil [Devil May Cry]
Kuros [Wizards & Warriors]
The Knight [Hollow Knight]

Brawler:
King Hippo [Punch-Out] (if not getting in as Fighter)
Billy Lee/Jimmy Lee [Double Dragon]
Viewtiful Joe [Viewtiful Joe]
Robo [Chrono Trigger]

Gunner:
Game Master [Captain N]
Master Chief [Halo]
Quote [Cave Story]
Jason [Blaster Master]

Mage:
Aerith [Final Fantasy] (converted from Swordfighter)
Ashley [WarioWare] (converted from Swordfighter)
Lip [Panel de Pon] (converted from Swordfighter)
Veronica [Dragon Quest] (converted from Swordfighter)
Vince [Art Academy] (converted from Swordfighter)
Viridi [Kid Icarus] (converted from Swordfighter)
Eggplant Wizard [Kid Icarus]
Kamek [Super Mario Bros.]
FF Black Mage [Mario Sports Mix]
FF White Mage [Mario Sports Mix]
Reimu [Touhou]
Magus [Chrono Trigger]

Ninja:
Altaïr [Assassin’s Creed] (converted from Swordfighter)
Goemon [Mystical Ninja] (converted from Swordfighter)
Nakoruru [Samurai Shodown] (converted from Swordfighter)
Ninjara [ARMS] (converted from Brawler)
FF Ninja [Mario Sports Mix]
Joe Musashi [Shinobi]
Rikimaru [Tenchu]
Guy [Final Fight]
Ibuki [Street Fighter]
Taki [SoulCalibur]
Kasumi [Dead or Alive]
Corvo Attano [Dishonored]
King Hippo [Punch-Out] (if not getting in as Fighter)
Eggplant Wizard [Kid Icarus]
Protoman [Mega Man]
Chocobo, Cactuars or Tomberrys [Final Fantasy]
Slimes/King Slime [Dragon Quest]
Majima [Like a Dragon]
Rygar [Rygar]
Abobo [Double Dragon]
Pyramid Head [Silent Hill]
Vic Viper [Gradius]
Mike Jones [Star Tropics]
Sophia 3rd [Blaster Master]
Bernard [Maniac Mansion]

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord

Meowth (Pokémon series)
Waluigi (Mario series)
Mach Rider (Mach Rider)
Laboman (Labo)
Dillon (Dillon series)
Agumon (Digimon series)
Chrono (Chrono series)
Doomguy (Doom series)
Rayman (Rayman seiries)
Chrono (Chrono series)
Cuphead (Cuphead)

Unicycle (Uniracers)
Tin Star (Tin Star)
Queen Azarel (Warlocked)
Chief Zog (Warlocked)
Ivan (Devil's Third)
Mr. Stevenson (Gumshoe)

Euden (Dragalia Lost)
Zethia (Dragalia Lost)
Aeron (Pandora's Tower)
Zael (The Last Story)
Bendy (Bendy seiries)
John Raimi (Geist)
Abe (Oddworld series)
Conker (Conker series)
Gex (Gex series)
Spring Man (ARMS)
Wait, why is Kevin Keene in the third list? Shouldn't he be in the second list?

Last edited:
Top Bottom