• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Next Smash - Speculation & Discussion Thread

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My personal dream Pokémon is Pinsir.
Did you know that Pinsir has a pair of massive horns. Protruding from the surface of these horns are thorns. These thorns are driven deeply into the foe’s body when the pincer closes, making it tough for the foe to escape?
If I didn't know this was a Pokedex entry, I'd say this sounds like a serial killer.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I can like both Eevee and Incineroar guys.
Sure.

But I can be not interested in humanoid Pokemon enough to really give Incineroar a chance, except when I use the Zangief mod.

And I'm afraid TPC's marketing is not giving me any other choices to get a Pokemon newcomer that isn't humanoid.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sure.

But I can be not interested in humanoid Pokemon enough to really give Incineroar a chance, except when I use the Zangief mod.

And I'm afraid TPC's marketing is not giving me any other choices to get a Pokemon newcomer that isn't humanoid.
You don't have to like Incineroar.

But like, be chill about it. Okay?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Spyro and a Dragalia Lost rep sounds fun for Smash. (Even if the latter ended years ago)
Any other non-PKMN Dragon ideas?
Hey, I know a franchise with lots of Dragon characters!

It's called Fire Embl- shot

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Feels like it's the opposite. I'd still be ostracized for thinking Incineroar is meh.
No?

It's still the popular opinion. People argued with you for thinking Lycanroc made more sense. Incineroar is not the most popular Pokemon in the game. He's at the lower end. But ya can't just go ****ting on something without SOME backlash.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Dudes, no one cares if you dislike a certain character. There are characters on the roster I’m not nuts about.

It’s the endless whining and antagonism that gets on people’s nerves. It’s annoying, disheartening to fans of the character, and just a bit childish.

So there’s a fighter in a roster of 80+ you don’t really like, fair enough. No need to keep bringing it up in increasingly vitriolic ways while acting like they keyed your car and spat in your cereal.

Just…let’s all be chill, K? :kirby:

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Dudes, no one cares if you dislike a certain character. There are characters on the roster I’m not nuts about.

It’s the endless whining and antagonism that gets on people’s nerves. It’s annoying, disheartening to fans of the character, and just a bit childish.

So there’s a fighter in a roster of 80+ you don’t really like, fair enough. No need to keep bringing it up in increasingly vitriolic ways while acting like they keyed your car and spat in your cereal.

Just…let’s all be chill, K? :kirby:
It'd be easier to deal with it if it felt like I was still allowed to get a Pokemon newcomer I'd be more interested in.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It'd be easier to deal with it if it felt like I was still allowed to get a Pokemon newcomer I'd be more interested in.
Hey man, you never know what’ll happen. Maybe Gen 10 will have something that speaks to you.

Oh wait no, that won’t happen. You’ve already chosen to be angry because checks notes TPC is conspiring with the secret furry government to force Sakurai into only adding bipedal Pokemon, just to personally spite you. Or something.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
only adding bipedal Pokemon
Bipeds aren't the problem. I'm one of those people who thinks Dewott>Samurott for example.

And considering how I think Pokemon designs have gotten worse and worse after Gen 7...I doubt Gen 10 will have anything that clicks with me.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hey man, you never know what’ll happen. Maybe Gen 10 will have something that speaks to you.

Oh wait no, that won’t happen. You’ve already chosen to be angry because checks notes TPC is conspiring with the secret furry government to force Sakurai into only adding bipedal Pokemon, just to personally spite you. Or something.
To be fair. Furries are invading everything.

Have you seen what they've done to Fortnite?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I do not particularly care for Villager.
Villager is kind of in a weird spot for me because on one hand he's the protagonist of one of Nintendo's biggest ip, but I wouldn't mind that much if he's cut to makes room for Tom Nook and KK Slider for example.

I'll jump into the fray of saying controversial thing too. I never cared about Pac-Man. I can respect how influential the game was back in the arcade era, but I just don't care enough about the franchise as a whole and I think the character is just very boring and I think it's by far the most boring third party additions in the franchise.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Well, in terms of dragon-like characters, we have a mostly straightforward fire dragon, a turtle dragon and his son, a water dragon/dragonkin and a space dragon with a cyborg dragon alternate. We also have a dinosaur that can get dragon features.

All that's really missing is a snake dragon and a dark dragon.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Bipeds aren't the problem. I'm one of those people who thinks Dewott>Samurott for example.

And considering how I think Pokemon designs have gotten worse and worse after Gen 7...I doubt Gen 10 will have anything that clicks with me.
Well look man, Pokémon is just one of many franchises in this great big crossover we call Smash. If you really feel like it’ll be that disappointing you can just…ignore it?

It’ll be one newcomer out of 20 or something. I’m sure there’ll be some big third party or classic Nintendo character you can put your energy into. No need to focus on what only seems to upset you.

Cheese&Chips

Smash Cadet
Premium
Hey, I know a franchise with lots of Dragon characters!

It's called Fire Embl- shot
As a big Fire Emblem fan, I have to admit that the representation in Smash is absolutely awful. A lot of the fighters are laughably inaccurate both in terms of personality and moveset. For example, Lucina fighting like Marth rather than Chrom drives me up the wall, especially given that Awakening had a cutscene dedicated to pointing out that she and her father have identical fighting styles. I used to main her during the 3DS days, but I can't bring myself to use her anymore as it's begun to bother me too much.

Also, I guarantee that the infamous Byleth incident wouldn't have happened if the developers had just been sensible. They shot themselves in the foot by convincing themselves that they were justified in frequently adding half-baked clones to pad out the Fire Emblem representation whilst simultaneously ignoring larger franchises such as Kirby and Zelda. Even Corrin was pushing it given that he was nothing but a thinly veiled advertisement for one of the worst games in the franchise.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If you really feel like it’ll be that disappointing you can just…ignore it?
Easier said then done considering how hard it was to get away from people treating you-know-who like Cat Jesus.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Except its typing isn't Fire/Dragon
Unless it Mega-Evolves with an X Stone, which it did in Smash 4. Even regardless of it's typing, they still function visually and mechanically like a dragon.
Even Corrin was pushing it given that he was nothing but a thinly veiled advertisement for one of the worst games in the franchise.
Only in story. Gameplay-wise, it was one of the best, especially Conquest, which actually made you have to think and be strategic. Also, the developers working on Smash convinced Sakurai to add Corrin.

Scrimblo Bimblo

Smash Journeyman
How about a little change of topic?

Are there any other Namco reps you guys would like to see in Smash?
I'd really like the main character from that one allegedly very hard game where you play as an undead knight who lights up bonfires and needs to ring two bells in order to reach the legendary city of the gods.

About Villager. I think he's great fun. He was one of my mains in Smash 4.
I feel like Isabelle is more fun though.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Easier said then done considering how hard it was to get away from people treating you-know-who like Cat Jesus.
Dude. It's **** like this that people get annoyed at.

We had someone say they didn't like Pac-Man and nobody batted an eye because it wasn't a snide insult like this.

Ivander

Smash Legend
As for Villager, I like them, but I wish both the male and female had an alternate costume based on their Gamecube appearances with their hats.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Which was a direct response to people treating it like Cat Satan. I dunno where you’ve been but Incineroar hate is still the wave, his fans are just a little outspoken because they have to be.

And once again you can ignore them. Literally no law states you have to engage with people who like a fictional mascot that you don’t.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
I'd like to go back to having a Lucario for each gen because I don't really like getting a single starter anyway.
  • One, because the fanbase starts punching itself in the face over which we'd get
  • Two, because personally I'm not big on most of the final starter forms these days anyway - especially the humanoid ones, which unfortunately are usually the ones that make more sense for Smash
  • And three, I don't like the significant disparity in attention elevating one above the other two brings when they're supposed to be more or less "equal"

I can make an exception Charizard, since that guy has basically become a secondary mascot for the whole series, but other than that, I'm not a fan.

Would also be nice to get a Pokemon that isn't always going to be thematically grass, fire or water.

I mean ideally we could just get a Pokemon that is proven to be popular from any gen, but TPC gonna TPC.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Corrin is fun to play, and at the end of the day that's where my main concern is. Even if I hate the inclusion upon announcement - and I wasn't exactly hyped about Corrin - I can always be convinced.

Last edited:
Top Bottom