• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Next Mission, Space animals.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Ok, A friend of mine came to my house and I told him to use Fox and Falco cause i need to get use to them, I have a tourny this friday and most likely, I will have to deal with those 2. so I recorded the matches. And I will say I did horrible, I did not won any of these matches and got beat bad. Falco was the worst. Its like I know im suppose to fight them, but its harder than I thought. Im not ashamed the way I lost here, or I would have never but the vids on youtube for all to see. I have to deal with this sometime, so why not now. And Im glad the way I got beat really. cause this is what im gonna expect at tournies. Players like this. So the more I lose bad the better i learn. I thank him for playing me the way he did and not take it easy one me, even though I got fustrated and felt hopeless.

So tell me what Im doing wrong, what am I doing right (if I am doing anything right, and what should I have done in certain situtaions. Thanks all who help me in advance and those you keep helping me over and over again. Im really am greatful. Well here are the vids

Falco matches:

Battle 1

Battle 2

Fox battles:

Battle 1

Battle 2

Battle 3

Oh and If you are gonna comment about the up smashes, I know how I was useing it was bad, etc. you you can just skip the upsmash thing. I just though i try some mindgame with it since I did not really know how to deal with these matches

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
Wow...You got a real good player facing there! I've just seen the Falco videos. He's using his shffled aerials and shine very quickly and technical.But for all his cunning he has a little flaw I noticed!He's not using his shield grab every time he has a chance and THAT could be punishable!And another thing...You let him back in the stage far too many times! Since you KNOW that he will use sideB...Why dont you stop it with Bair or Nair and instead you try to time the Fair against a real quick attack!? Now use your Dsmash a bit more for intimidation purposes and he might make the mistake of wavedashing into it because he uses the wavedash a lot. And you need not to improve your battle speed...But instead your reaction speed.
P.S I would have lost as well...But not that badly :p
P.S2 I'll watch the Fox videos later and I'm gonna try to help you on that as well :D /pat on the shoulder
Ok just saw the Fox matches as well! Well same player same speed same tactics same flaws!Use less your Fair and replace it with a Bair or Nair,use your Dsmash like 10-15 times more (I'm not kidding) and punish his inability to shield grab you! And rewatch my first P.S above once again :p

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You sir, amuse me. Are your trying to be over me or something.trying to prove that your better than me or something[? I would not really know....bet the remarks from you amuse me.

Thanks for the advice, Im not really use to the space animals, that why I told my friend to use them since he is a beast with them, and I said dont sand bag for nothing at all. Maybe he can help me with this match up as well/COLOR]

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
Oh no by all means you misunderstood me! You're doing very well but in order to help you with Fox/Falco the only thing I could do is to point out the mistakes you've done! Really sorry if I insulted you in some way :)
Maybe it will help if you go against lvl 1 Fox and Falco in like FD or something...Knock them out the stage and prevent their recovery! That's what helped me to understand how to block Fox/Falco's recovery! Problem is that they don't sweetspot the edge nor do they use clone attack to get back in the stage! (But it's better than nothing:p)

P.S I'm quite...Amusing!!!

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
that player is just has real good tech skills inc omparison w/ you. for falco i noticed you were just eating lasers and waiting to get hit like you've never been shl or spammed by lasers before.. powershield, jump, move around... anything.

the only real thing you need to know is that if a fox or falco player is really really good... you might want to try a grab u-throw about 80 times or so in the match....

you wont feel better about yourself but you get the W. oh and you REALLY need to edge guard / edge hog better. if the furtherst he can get is to grab on the ledge grab onto it first.....

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Dark.pch, easy now lol hes just trying to help, hes not that offensive at all. But if he keeps on, I'm trained in vampire killing extensively.

Falco and fox are different than your other matches due to the fact they outcamp you and you really need to be overly agressive. Floating over falco's lasers and forcing him to approach you from the air would be good as you can fastfall and have the advantage (you being right up to falco and him not lasering you). Fox on the other hand, you need to have a good ground game and not get too high up because u-air kills can be quite a pain.

I wouldn't bother pulling turnips unless I've taken a stock from them and they are respawning, you will need to constantly keep pressure on them in order to win.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
O.o. I never felt insulted. Just curious. Seems like he had a lil rivaly with me, I just wanted too see. Ha ha ha ha..........funny one......

And thanks for the advice and tips, I'll see if I can but it to use in the tourny.

Vampirekain

Smash Journeyman
I'm immortal I cannot die! I shan't die!!! *Back to reality* One final piece of advise! But that goes to all of us!! Not everything can be avoided in a match...I mean I can comment on your mistakes all day long but then again I can make a video and have people commenting about mine all day long as well! Its easier to judge a match that has already happened than to actually NOT make the mistake while you are playing. Its so easy to confuse an enemy but its so easy to get confused by one.Everybody improves over time but still mistakes will be there all the time! You can even watch some PC Chris and Ken matches and when they make a mistake you will think "Wow I wouldn't do that!". Just don't get stressed about little mistakes you do and just play your game calm minded and all that!

P.S "I am immortal,I have inside me blood of kings *Yeah* I have no rival,no man can be my equal!!"

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
No man can be your equal but my magnum can. Besides, you have the blood of kings? big deal, it means you drink from old stinky men.

on topic: He doesn't need inspirational talk, he knows he can't dodge everything...in fact peach does well trading hits since she can tank so much damage. Peach is a beast!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well thanks for the advice and all. At the tourny on friday, I had to Fight a guy who used both Fox and falco om me. And he was good with Falco, he combed me alot and was pretty fast. I manage to 2 stock his Fox and Beat his Falco by one. I tried all the ways O know how to Fight them and It help.

Falco-Air is your friend, Once I got close to him, I manage to do damage. Combo his and use off the back mindgames to win.

Fox - I was patient, did not spam Dsmash unless I know for sure it was gonna hit. cause that can leave me open to ****. I really let the fox come to me, Like I would go up to him and wave dash back alot. I really did not go into attacking him much. But I did well and ended up winning. I think I can fight space animals now. I still have a few errors to fix but I believe I got the hang of the match up. Thanks again for the help people. I can say that this mission is complete

Top Bottom