• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomer: Sylux

D

Deleted member

Sylux for Brawl!

Okay. Yeah.

This guy deserves it:

A dark rival hunter character from Metroid Prime Hunters, I think Sylux has personally one of the best chances of any Metroid character to appear in this game.

Ridley seems far more likely to be a boss, especially after the announcement of non-playable SE bosses, and given his vast size. Although Dark Samus could have an original moveset, it is more likely she will appear as a SE boss again, or even more likely, an alternative Samus costume.

Why would he be cool?
  1. He’s perhaps the most popular of the Hunter’s characters, and is consistently mentioned on online polls, despite being in an awe-inspiring one game. However, none of the hunters died, so its open for them to return.
  2. He’s also perhaps Samus arch-rival in the game. After the final boss, Sylux manages to escape in his ship, which is the only one apart from Samus’s to be seen ingame. Another thing is that he is hinted to be human, something that might separate him from the aliens he fights against. (I really dig the rival complex thingie).
  3. He might fit in this game better than Ridley. I know people love that huge space-dragon, but he’s a hulking giant (yeah, people have put across arguments about his size). There’s also the problem of making him smaller when he’s also been able to pick up Samus in his (its?) hands and torch her. Sylux is smaller and more nimble; maybe a better candidate? don’t flame me, I would love Ridley to appear as a boss for Samus.
  4. He was on Sakurai’s poll. YES.
You have to admit, he is one bad*** character.

And I have way to much free time on my hands :( .

Moveset!!

Thanks for the awesome B moveset Stryks! (I did change the <>B to a smash though)

B: Shock Coil:
Has no knockback, is made just to rapidly increase oponents damage, when using this move, it doesnt have stun but will slow down the opponent

<>B: Jet Stream:
Sylux shoots a missile out of his shock coil. It won't home in or have the strength of Samus's missiles, but will be very fast. If it hits the opponent they will be stunned.

\/B: Lock Jaw:
He transforms into lock jaw and places a bomb in the ground (if placed on the air, the bomb will float there), this bomb will stay in the ground for a long time, unless someone touches the bomb, the person will get damaged by it, also, if Sylux places 2 bombs, a tripwire will be made, if someone touches the tripwire, the bombs will explode, and thus damages nearby oponents. The tripwires won't last long though.

^B: Dive Bomb:
Had the idea after seeing the MPH intro where Sylux crashes on the Galactic Federation soldier. Sylux will propel straight upward at 90 degrees, then in the air he'll charge just like fox does when starting the ^B move, then goes 45 degrees forward/downward making an explosion of energy when he crashes. Has some lag.

When used on the ground: He'll do the move exactly in the air, but without the charge he does in mid air, and has less lag when he crashes on the stage...

^Smash: Jagged Lightning:
Sylux slams his lockjaw upwards (like Marth/Roy's ^Smash), and shoots lightnign upwards. The distance and damage depend directly upon how long the button is held for.

<>Smash: Force Blade:
Quite simple actually, Sylux does a powerful slash that sends a wave/slash attack forward (imagine the wave thing that Kirby does after he lands on the grounds after executing the ^B move), only this one will be far more powerful, it will take a lag at first to make it, but when done, the move is super fast and has high knockback...

\/Smash: Final Justice:
Sylux will slice his blade downwards and diagonaly, across the opponents body. This does moderate knockback, but huge damage. It also has moderate lag. Pressing A again will make him do antoher strike, bringing his blade upwards diagonally again.

Grab:
Sylux sends out a burst of electricity that sieze the opponent (sith lightning style) and drags them in. He can then slash them with his shock coil.

Super: Delano Assault:
Sylux calls the Delano 7 (his ship) and then the sip will fire multiple fast energy shots, that make explosion on the stage, the last hit will be double the size and will do twice damage/knockback, but is twice as slow...

Any other ideas?

STOP THE PRESSES!

There is more information. But beware, it contains HUGE (I don't say that lightly) SPOILERS. You have been warned.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gV0A2r5mMP8

Sylux is back...

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Didn't Sylux
also die near the end of the game
? I mean, I never got passed the last boss, but anyone can enlighten me on that?

EDIT: Yeah, so
none died
. How?

byakugan28

Smash Apprentice
actually...
none of them died... if you beat Gorea's second phase it's a different ending. It shows the destruction of oubliette and the ships escaping last minute :O

Crazy_smasher101

Smash Rookie
uhh sylux is a good hunter but what would he do shoot power beam missle and shock coil and use his alt-form lockjaw god i got no life to name all those >.<

LemonManX

Smash Lord
They could make him a moveset if they really wanted to do, but still... *throws support behind the almighty Ridley*

I wouldn't mind a hunter getting in, but it should be behind Ridley.

shboke

Smash Journeyman
i agree sylux is my favorite, he can do tribombs like samus' bombs, roll like samus, he can have rapid fire instead of charge blast like fox, see how this all goes together, he can have missles but i dont reccoment it

JesterBox

Smash Ace
SPOILER ALERT
Didnt he kind of i dont know get owned by an impaling tentacle and have the life juice sucked out of him? Wait is the final boss in MPH what you get for a high enough completion rate? I have to go play MPH agian.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'm kind of skeptical about this one. I would want to see how he'd play or at least a moveset before seeing him. Ridley and Dark Samus are the two most wanted, followed by this guy. I dunno, I've played Metroid: Prime Hunters minimally, and as far as I know, he could be predetermined in or out of Brawl. I'd have to see how he'd work, his stats, etc. before I can say. Still wondering how he would play!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ridley must get in over any other character, then I gotta say Dark samus, apeparing as the main enemy in the prime series, and then a hunter, gotta glo with sylux, hes my fav. and can easily have a moveset using the electric attack (forgot name), use that blade thing he has with melee attacks, and can use the lockjaws special bombs to damage enemies...

Also I also c another Hunter might getting the shot in brawl: Rundus, an Ice-using hunter in MP, the only diference is that hes a good guy, not many of those in the metroid series XD...

D

Deleted member

I need to update this. Expect something some time soon.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ok here it is the sylux moveset! (just B moves, full moveset may come sooner or l8r):

B: Shock Coil: Has 0 knockback, is made just to rapidly increase oponents damage, when using this move, it doesnt have stun, but will make the oponent move way slower, u can use this move, and when the oponent is getting closer, cancel the attack, dodge oponents move the Fsmash him to hell XD just an idea...

<>B: Force blade: Sylux weapons looks to me like some type of sword/blade, so decide to incorporate that in one of his moves:
Quite simple actually, Sylux does a powerful slash that sends a wave/slash attack forward (imagine the wave thing that kirby does after he lands on the grounds after executing the Upb move), only this one will be far more powerful, it will take a lag at 1st to make it, but when done, the move is super fast and has high knockback...

DownB: Lock jaw
HE transforms into lock jaw and places a bomb in the ground (if placed on the air, the bomb will float there), this bomb will stay in the ground for a long time, unless someone touches the bomb, the person wil lget damaged by it, also, if sylux palces 2 bombs, a tripwire will be made, if someone touches the tripwire, the bombs will explode, and thus damages neraby oponents, if a 3rd bomb is placed, a second tripwire will apepar, but a combination of 2 tripwires/3 bombs wil lnto last long, only a second or 2, so u should use this move wisely... XD...

UpB: Dive Bom:
Had the idea after seeing the MPH intro where sylux crashes on the Glactic federation soldier, sylux will propel straight upward at 90 degrees, then in the air he'll charge just like fox does when starting the upb move, then goes 45 degrees forward/downward making an explosion of energy when he crashes, tough when he crashes in the earth, it has some lag b4 u can then fight...
When used on the ground: He'll do the move exactly in the air, but without the charge he does in mid air, and has less lag when he crashes on the stage...

Super: Delano assault
Sylux calls the delano 7 (his ship) and then the sip will fire multiple fast energy shots, that make explosion on the stage, the last hit will be double the size and wil ldo twice damaga/knockback, but is twice as slow...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I give him about 40% chance for Brawl (great moveset!), just because I feel a huge amount of confidence in Sakurai, a lot more than previously! I've seen what he's done with Wario, and he is absolutely nothing like Mario! Nothing! Dark Samus can be more original, just becuase of that! Ridley is expected because well, he's a villian, SSB & SSBM=lacking villians. Plus he's in ever Metroid game basically, and some he's Meta Ridley.

I still think this is a neat character, but I feel Sakurai can make any character diffrent from others (I expect this with Falco and Luigi). that is why I feel Dark Samus' chances are increasing, he can make Dark Samus nothing like Samus for the most part, other than looks! It will be intresting and intriging to see who Sakurai and his team put in SSBB, as well heavily anticipated by all of us!

Stryks

Smash Hero
THE <>Smash attac doesnt fit as a smash attack IMO, it has a projectile ability, and all projectiles should be added for the B moves IMO...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I just read about this guy, and I think he's cool! I'd say, next to Ridley, he's my second most wanted Metrodi character!

D

Deleted member

Didn't expect this to be bumped soon... thanks!

Anyway, regardless of who is cooler, Sylux is probably the most played Hunter in the entire game, at least online.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yep I used (had to return the ds to my cousin :( ) I used to use sylux over all the hunters, I just couldnt use weavels ability (the one were he splits himself in half) and to me at least trace is a tad broken, sniper and invisibility, I dont like using broken characters so I sticked with sylux, which is a pretty awesome character...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah zarasai the game is awesome, I had my doubt at 1st, but as soon as I started playing it I got hooked, and online is pwnage, tough had to return the DS to my cousin a week l8r... XD

D

Deleted member

XD. Thanks for bumping this.

And I suck really bad at typing. If I didn't edit it, it would be unreadable.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
i'm all for sylux, if people really think about it, he's much easier to picture being on the ssbb stage than ridley, even though i'm still pulling for ridley.

:034:

Smash Hero
Doesn't deserve to be on the actual roster, but I can definitely see him as an Assist Trophy.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I dont know, with the assist trophies its now harder for me to visualize sylux, weavel and any hunter playable in brawl... we just gotta wait and see...

D

Deleted member

Heck, its harder to visualise any quirky character in Brawl...

RIP Geno and Ridley?

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Sylux is the only hunter I would like to see be in Brawl.

Buuuuuuuut he'll probably be an AT.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
I'd be happy to see Sylux turn up, as long as Ridley and Dark Samus make it first. Which would make a roster of 5 Metroid reps, so I doubt it.

Top Bottom