• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalhydra273

Smash Apprentice
also do we get the stage
Yes

Maximilian called the victory screen!
I honestly love how hard they leaned into how legendary a boss Sephiroth is. The victory screen alongside his classic mode and the early access unlock gimmick are all amazing!
I mean it's a pretty obvious one tbh, but boy did they go all out. It looks incredible!

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Paying my respects.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

These are the least offensive "memes" I could find, I hope no one actually takes this as an insult (considering both scenes were genuinely mournful in their original context).

Last edited:

Flik

Smash Journeyman
I was afraid we either wouldn't get the Advent Children version of One Winged Angel or we would get a version without the fast part (because gut feeling), glad to be wrong.

Well, better someone mod that Geno hat into a mask. Such a waste of oportunity.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Only remaining missing third party mii costumes

Monster Hunter (Rathalos armor)
Monster Hunter (Kirin armor)
Lloyd

3 characters left to go
3 costumes and 3 fighters is a funny coincidence, but I'd think both Monster Hunter costumes would be released simultaneously.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, I am not too upset about Geno, still, I kept my expectations in check this whole time. I never believed fully that he would get in.

Polan

Smash Lord
Pretty cool overall. Sephiroth battle is awesome. I hope we see other villains get something similar in the future.

R.I.P to Geno and a dedicated Boss Rush mode though. It's a little lame that Geno was offed so unceremoniously after almost every other fan favourite got something, but c'est la vie.
dunno if we complain enough we might get it as a standalone thing

SKX31

Smash Master
What was that about the prize for beating Sephiroth? I was only able to read "You can use Sephiroth" before the subtitles moved on, and it won't let me go back.

Can you unlock him as a boss character or something?
It appears to be on any difficulty, and you get multiple chances.

Probably because Sakurai and co. didn't want to see rampant frustration everywhere, which is understandable.

I'll have my impressions soon, but short form is: looks like a very interesting concept, and good to see Sakurai and co. tackle the Character / Boss dynamic. It's been done elsewhere, yes, but refreshing to see here.

The emphasis on him as a boss seemingly puts a dent on Eggman's chances, but we'll have to see.

Last edited:

PacificFun

Smash Ace
We might not be done with Sqaure Enix which is a terrifying thought.

Anyway, I'm about to kick Sephiroth's ass so I can body all of you.

Last edited:

RetroBro

Smash Ace
I've been a Geno supporter for a long long time. But ultimately (heh get it), I'm in 100% total support of the choice for Sephiroth. Looks like a great character and honestly FF7 is one of my favorite games ever. It's a dream to have Cloud/Sephiroth in the game.

As a side note, be nice to the Geno fans lol - some of them are fresher than others and haven't been beaten down before from previous Smash Generations.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Too bad we didn't get BtFM but at least we can put the Geno saga to rest for now. Hopefully.

Sephiroth looks about as great as I thought he would. I'm mostly just thrilled he didn't come with the bare minimum amount of FF content. Looking forward to seeing what spirit are part of this. Surprised Sakurai didn't show them.

Overall, small miracles paying dividends on low expectations. :laugh:

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Well its a shame about Geno, I have a feeling though Lloyd will be upgraded to a full blown character.
I honestly think he'll be the one to break that mii costumes always return pattern simply because the Tales of Series has way too much history.

D

Deleted member

Do we know if Geno comes with his song? That would soften the blow a bit right?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Great ****ing presentation. Sephiroth came with everything I wanted, from his victory screen, to his moveset, to his final smash, and to the music. I don't wanna hear anymore complaints about SE being stingy now.

Also Geno not getting an upgraded costume wasn't really surprising. If they didn't upgrade Heihachi's costume to his old man look then they wouldn't upgrade the costume of anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom