• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
so realistically speaking who do you guys think is coming in this entire pass? Like purely realistically. Ignore who YOU want the most but instead just try and guess realistically who you think will get in
Crash and a Gen 8 Pokemon I'm still certain on.

Steve I feel has a chance. He and Crash I would say are the most likely western reps at this point.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
so realistically speaking who do you guys think is coming in this entire pass? Like purely realistically. Ignore who YOU want the most but instead just try and guess realistically who you think will get in
Not exactly a full pass, but realistically:
  • Sora
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Euden
  • Gen 8 Pokémon
  • Capcom character
  • SEGA character
  • Character we’d normally write off
Just some guesses.

Shroob

Sup?
This thread gave me soo much whiplash today it's not funny.

What's his name said the announcement is coming in 2 hours, right?

I can't lie, it'll be nice when tomorrow's over lol

Teeb147

Smash Legend
This thread gave me soo much whiplash today it's not funny.

What's his name said the announcement is coming in 2 hours, right?

I can't lie, it'll be nice when tomorrow's over lol
Yup in 2 hours and 8 minutes ;p

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Square Rep either Neku Or Sora
Capcom Rep either Dante or Amaterasu
SEGA Rep either Kiryu or Sakura
Ryza
Crash

Other Likely candidates that can be switched with pretty much anyone above:
Wacky Third Party: Estelle, Tracer, Any Indie Character, Granblue, Saber etc.
First Party like Euden or a Gen 8 Pokemon
Retro pick
Yuri Lowell

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

-Billy and Jimmy
-a Dynasty Warriors character
-a Gen 8 Pokemon
-Crash
-Geralt

We'll see if tomorrow changes things.

I have no earthly idea, but I'm going to say somebody from Namco just because those characters are generally well liked but most people aren't going to be super hyped about them. Not huge, but not too small either.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
I'll be hype if Geno is in, but I am not going to put stock in it just yet, as I am still wary of a Dante situation occurring again.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
My thoughts are pretty close to Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku :

- Min Min
- Bravely Default rep
- Dante
- Gen 8 Pokemon
- Tales rep/Crash Bandicoot
- Rex

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Dante and perhaps a Sega character.

I see Dante because I can't see capcom not getting anymore content in this game, they are easy to get and already have 4 series present.

Same with Sega but in Sega's case it's hard to narrow down who would realistically be picked.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Just slogged through the last ten pages, it's been a pretty confusing read, but from what I'm getting, we're supposed to get an announcement 12am EST for a Direct tomorrow at 10am EST, right?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I made this prediction roster shortly after Min Min's reveal. I was going to make a write-up explaining my thought process, but I never got around to it and it'll probably be proven wrong tommorow, so here it is.
FightersPass2guess4.png

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Min Min, Neku, Elma, Crash OR League character, and who tf knows for the last two

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Realistically speaking, I have no idea. (well, aside from Min Min, obviously)

If I had to guess, Rayman and Ryu Hayabusa seem quite likely, considering that both companies have been unusually close to Nintendo as of late. (Koei Tecmo got to work on multiple Nintendo spin-offs and, more tellingly, a mainline Fire Emblem game, while Ubisoft got to make a full-blown crossover with Mario, of all series)

I'd like to think that Geno's likely because the development team has seemingly been going out of their way to add as many long-requested fan favourites as humanly possible, but I don't know if that's wishful thinking on my part.

We should get a Namco-Bandai character by this point (it's weird that they only have Pac-Man despite developing the last three games), but I don't know who's more likely. To me, it seems like the front-runners are Jin Kazama (given how big Tekken is), Lloyd Irving (given his conspicuously absent Mii costume), and KOS-MOS (seeing as she appeared in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 despite Namco-Bandai having nothing to do with that game otherwise), but I have no idea what's plausible.

As for a sixth character, I have no idea whatsoever.

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Min Min
Waluigi
Pokemon
Reimu
Rex
Monokuma

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I made this prediction roster shortly after Min Min's reveal. I was going to make a write-up explaining my thought process, but I never got around to it and it'll probably be proven wrong tommorow, so here it is.
View attachment 279346
I would love this pass. If the LoL character was replaced with Bandanna Dee this would be literal perfection for me.

That is also why I can't predict it to happen ;(

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
2-3 characters I won’t like
1-2 big name character(s)
2-3 characters I’ll actually enjoy

-Signed the entire Smash community

(Yes I know that 3+2+3 is more than 5, the categories aren’t mutually exclusive and this is just a joke.)

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
watch this be a repeat of the Ashley situation w everyone saying ashley is in only for the belmonts and k rool to show up

watch tomorrow reveal dante or axel and geno shows up as a mii costume
If anything this reminds me more of Dante being FP5, something that everyone said would be FP5 and had some questionable best rumors and we got a character very few had the balls to predict being Byleth.

Noler_Mass

Smash Ace
I’m i the only one who is tired of human characters? I see this:

Min Min
Bravely Default rep
Dante
Rex
Ryu Hayabusa
Arle Nadja

and I think “dear god, this dlc roster looks like Catholic Mass”

gimme some crashes and raymans and genos for the sheer fact that we need more cartoonishness in the dlc

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You and me both buddy.

I was boutta drop the final Square Enix essays before compiling them all but then all this happened.

I ain't in the mood to publish essays that'll immediately be invalidated, you know?

SharkLord

Smash Hero
The only characters I'm really REALLY sold on are Rex and Reimu. After them, the other three can be any combination of:
  • Isaac
  • Bandana Dee
  • Bandai-Namco rep (Probably Lloyd Irving, though I really want Klonoa)
  • Euden OR Granblue rep
  • Koei-Tecmo rep (Probably Ryu Hayabusa)
  • Ubisoft rep (Probably Rayman, with Ezio Auditore coming in second)
  • League of Legends rep
  • Steve?
  • Doomguy
Out of them, I've expecting the ratio of first-parties to third-parties to be either 4:2 or an even split, and only one Western rep (Maybe two, if we're stretching it).

Teeb147

Smash Legend

Min Min
Bravely Default rep
Dante
Rex
Ryu Hayabusa
Arle Nadja

gimme some crashes and raymans and genos for the sheer fact that we need more cartoonishness in the dlc
You might get a pokemon hun ;p

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord

Min Min
Bravely Default rep
Dante
Rex
Ryu Hayabusa
Arle Nadja

I'd love to see a ninja and a guy in scuba gear at church on Sundays.

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
rayman- Jesus I got faith!

pokemon- lets just get it over with...

Sora - hes been on high up on the polls and been with nintendo for a long while, it makes sense for nintendo to want to make a deal. To keep the support strong, itd be great to have kh 1&2 ports on the switch! He could fit the anime sword guy quota for this pass being the most creative! I wouldn’t be shocked to see donald, Mickey and goofy appear too in a final smash since sora is jointly owned by Disney anyhow. it wont be a stretch to get them in the deal too.

Minecraft steve- Microsoft and nintendo has been working together closely especially with minecraft on nintendo consoles and even had a special edition 3ds. Steve’s game has been a popular cultural icon since 2010 and still at its peak so hed be a great along side mario, pacman and, sonic bringing a lot of creativity . The polls show it that everyone thinks so too

Crash- I don’t really like his games or have any fimilarity but he’s famous on the polls and represents another large company that used to rival nintendo. Activision still uses him today as he made his big return. Many want to see him go against other mascot characters like mario, sonic and banjo kazooie

Im not saying that all these characters will make it but these are my safest bets of course theres gonna be some oddballs

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I can see why people are thinking we might be getting something on the 20th but I’m not buying it. Hopefully I’m wrong but I do think the 20th will come and go with nothing but a Sakurai TotD.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Listen I just made a list of what I thought was likely

Give all the blame for lack of cartoon/non-human characters in my list to Nintendo and the smash team in my hypothetical predictions, m'kay? :yeahboi:

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Look, I'm not sure what you are all so skeptical about. Don't you see all the insiders hinting towards a Direct? Last time there were this many insiders on board for something, it was Star Fox Grand Prix, and that turned out to be a great game!

Stop being silly.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
So we'll see in 1 hour and 30 minutes if there's an announcement.

Just another episode of the Smash Bros Speculation.

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
Look, I'm not sure what you are all so skeptical about. Don't you see all the insiders hinting towards a Direct? Last time there were this many insiders on board for something, it was Star Fox Grand Prix, and that turned out to be a great game!

Stop being silly.
For a second I thought Star Fox Grand Prix was real and I haven’t known

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom