• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm just going to put out there that even if we get a character announcement, there won't be any mii costumes. Those have only been revealed in Sakurai presentations and that's likely months away. So I'm going to say no Geno mii. Not tomorrow, anyway.

You just made me realize I want a Lappy mii costume. Thanks.
Well there'd be the reveal, and then probably a showcase later on with mii costumes.
I do think it'd take longer for the character to be released. So if there is anything, i only expect a reveal. Hopefully not the guessing game XD

D

Deleted member

you got any of those Lays Poppables? Im dying for those

yeah we got cryopods in the bunker

also would Neku be worth waking up for?
Ooh...last time there were Crypods in a fallout bunker, it did NOT go well for those inside. Well...I guess one person made it...had a hell of a time searching the state for their son though.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I want to see the alternate reality where all these Geno related comments and teases were instead about Ryza.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
At this point I don't even care about a Smash reveal.

I want news on other Nintendo games.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ooh...last time there were Crypods in a fallout bunker, it did NOT go well for those inside. Well...I guess one person made it...had a hell of a time searching the state for their son though.
Omg is this a reference to what I think it is

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't think that this hypothetical direct will be exclusively about Mario. And if it was, we wouldn't see a Smash reveal.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
To add more fuel to the Geno fire, Gamestop edited their Origami King review to remove any mention of Geno and Smash.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
We're in too deep. ****'s hitting the fan tomorrow in one way or another.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I don't think that this hypothetical direct will be exclusively about Mario. And if it was, we wouldn't see a Smash reveal.
I guess anything's possible, but we already had a treehouse on papermario, i dont know if they wanna push so much more mario stuff right now.

D

Deleted member

And I'm also concerned that we're going to get another guessing game.
Wouldn't be much of a guessing game since Super Mario RPG wasn't a Paper Mario (just its predecessor) so the 'tease' wouldnt give us too many options. Plus, I feel like that was a one-time thing since the option could have been anyone from ARMs since they were all apparently main characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The most likely for a guessing game would be for pokemon.

Who's that smash pokemon!?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Smash would be nice for sure, but it would be the cherry on top for literally anything else Nintendo's up to.

Nintendo's lineup now that TOK is out is pretty damn empty.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Smash would be nice for sure, but it would be the cherry on top for literally anything else Nintendo's up to.

Nintendo's lineup now that TOK is out is pretty damn empty.
Yeah. All they have is a dead fad from the late 2000s-early 2010s and Pokemon DLC.

Last edited:

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
watch this be a repeat of the Ashley situation w everyone saying ashley is in only for the belmonts and k rool to show up

watch tomorrow reveal dante or axel and geno shows up as a mii costume

kevinthedot

Smash Apprentice
To add more fuel to the Geno fire, Gamestop edited their Origami King review to remove any mention of Geno and Smash.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
We're in too deep. ****'s hitting the fan tomorrow in one way or another.
They probably removed it cause SO MANY people were freaking out over it when it was clearly a misunderstanding and they just meant when he was confirmed as a Spirit for Ultimate considering that's the footage they used.
They realized it was poorly worded and instead of saying anything they just cut it out, probably hoping that'd drum up more hype and get more people clicking on the video than saying "oh this was a mistake" would have.

D

Deleted member

I'd prefer a mainline Nintendo character for a reveal, but I'd laugh my butt off at a completely out-of-left-field pick like Laharl from the Disgaea series.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I'm still not positive we will even get something smash related at all

Heck i'm still not sure if we're even getting a direct

Teeb147

Smash Legend
They probably removed it cause SO MANY people were freaking out over it when it was clearly a misunderstanding and they just meant when he was confirmed as a Spirit for Ultimate considering that's the footage they used.
They realized it was poorly worded and instead of saying anything they just cut it out, probably hoping that'd drum up more hype and get more people clicking on the video than saying "oh this was a mistake" would have.
Yup, and somehow the geno fans are going nuts over it XD

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
watch this be a repeat of the Ashley situation w everyone saying ashley is in only for the belmonts and k rool to show up

watch tomorrow reveal dante or axel and geno shows up as a mii costume
It’d make more sense for a Geno Mii to come with a different Square character cause he came with Cloud in 4. Hero didn’t show him cause the presentation was solely DQ focused

2B? Neku? Terra? Max Caulfield?

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
so realistically speaking who do you guys think is coming in this entire pass? Like purely realistically. Ignore who YOU want the most but instead just try and guess realistically who you think will get in

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
How I could see it.

77: Paper Mario; FP7

78: Waluigi; Separate DLC Bonus

SMRPG Costumes
Honestly, after seeing The Origami King, I'd be hella down for Paper Mario in Smash. I've always liked the idea, but now seems like a real good time for Nintendo to do it.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
so realistically speaking who do you guys think is coming in this entire pass? Like purely realistically. Ignore who YOU want the most but instead just try and guess realistically who you think will get in
In no particular order

Min Min
Bravely Default rep
Dante
Rex
Ryu Hayabusa
Arle Nadja

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
The most realistic conclusions I've come up to are Euwen from Dragalia Lost, a Gen 8 Pokémon perhaps, and maybe, just maybe, a Xenoblade character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom