• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
:ultjoker::ulthero:

Both are JRPG.
Kinda late but wanna comment on this;

true, they are both JRPG characters. But Persona as a series is vastly different as a whole from Dragon Quest. DQ is a classic JRPG, Persona 5 is a modern one. The aesthetics and abilities differ between the series too.
and this is how KOS-MOS can still win on account of being from a cult fave sci fi JRPG...

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion

So this came from the Shantae thread. FP5 might be an tag team character. Any ideas?
I'm honestly going to need more information on this to have a stance on this.

It looks like it was just the mod that took out Solo Popo/Nana due to oddities. Did the Solo Popo and Nana slots actually get removed or is it just misinformation?

GKMLTTSB

Smash Ace
So here’s a fun hyptothetical; based on what we know of the leaks of sword and shield and all it Pokemon, which Pokémon do you think would be chosen for hypothetical dlc? My vote goes to rillaboom (the final evo of grookey)
My expectation is "any starter final evo."

My desire is "none".
My desire if the above is impossible is
Hatterene.

Though I still say if we get another Pokemon rep shoved in, I want a spinoff character rather than a standard Pokemon. Ideally a TCG rep, though I'd be down for Snap too, I suppose. >_>

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace

Ngl that was better than I expected. Sheeeeit, you even drew pictures.
Thanks a lot! I love making movesets for super outlandish characters like that, in fact I’m working on a project where the idea is only enemies from games are playable, allows as much creativity as possible.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Quite honestly if Byleth made it in, I hope he makes use of the three house leaders in some way that way besides Edelgard we can also have Dimitri and Claude in there. :p
I had an idea for a Byleth moveset where when starting the match you pick your house with the same mechanics that you pick Pokemon for Trainer or Echos if you like smaller rosters. Main difference being you have to stick to your choice, kind of like how it is in the actual game (apart from the secret 4th route but that's something different). Byleth does the standard attacks and the House Captains do the specials

D

Deleted member

I literally won the spirit fight against Geese by throwing him out of stage with Terry, feeling proud.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
What's everyone's top 5 for DLC?
  1. Isaac, since Brawl. It's starting to get long...
  2. Elma
  3. Phoenix Wright
  4. Shantae
  5. Sora
But there are a lot of other characters I would be pleased to see, like Waluigi and Paper Mario in the first parties, and Steve or Thrall as third parties.

Just who could be the last character in the Fighter Pass?
I'm sticking to believe it will be Steve, for several reasons:
  • Sakurai already stated he liked Minecraft, and we know he is biased in characters inclusion (Palutena meanwhile Kid Icarus is not that big of an IP, Joker and Terry in this pass).
  • Microsoft is already in it. If you have to discuss with a western company, why not take the opportunity to discuss the inclusion of two of their characters, especially if that went smooth for the first one, like it was said.
  • I'm of those that believes the last character of the pass will be one that is not very popular within the Smash hardcore fanbase, because Nintendo want to sell the FP to that fanbase sooner rather than later. However, it doesn't mean the last character will be a little character; it will be one that has a strong impact outside of the fanbase. The idea is that the FP is already sold to the fans, the last character will be one that brings new players to buy the base game.
  • For a long time, there were leaks that told there were Minecraft content. Where did this content go?
In my opinion, the two first points may be wrong, but the third point will be assured, whatever the last character is. If Steve is not the 5th, it will be another low-key character, one that is not especially liked in the fanbase, but that is strong outside of it. Other people have already mentioned Warcraft, or Tencent (League of Legends). Why not?

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
What's everyone's top 5 for DLC?:
Well based off characters I want to see in the game that don't seem completely out of the realm of possibility;
1. Master Chief
2. Sonic Rep (Mighty, Tails, Silver, ect…)
3. Pokemon Rep (Empoleon, Samurott, Chesnaught, Typhlosion, ect...)
4. Chun-Li
5. Spyro
Others I would have put on here (pretty much at the top) if it weren't for them being ATs would be Knuckles and Zero.

I said Sonic/Pokemon Rep because I'd love several different characters from those series to make it into smash as playable characters cause I like their potential movesets.

As for the person asking about a pick for a pokemon rep from the new generation, I haven't seen anything yet that I particularly like with the limited info or am convinced would be actually added.

As for the earlier topic of Master Chief, I'm personally not expecting him as FP5 but I do think its very possible that he may be added closer to the release of Halo Infinite..

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
  1. Isaac, since Brawl. It's starting to get long...
  2. Elma
  3. Phoenix Wright
  4. Shantae
  5. Sora
But there are a lot of other characters I would be pleased to see, like Waluigi and Paper Mario in the first parties, and Steve or Thrall as third parties.

I'm sticking to believe it will be Steve, for several reasons:
  • Sakurai already stated he liked Minecraft, and we know he is biased in characters inclusion (Palutena meanwhile Kid Icarus is not that big of an IP, Joker and Terry in this pass).
  • Microsoft is already in it. If you have to discuss with a western company, why not take the opportunity to discuss the inclusion of two of their characters, especially if that went smooth for the first one, like it was said.
  • I'm of those that believes the last character of the pass will be one that is not very popular within the Smash hardcore fanbase, because Nintendo want to sell the FP to that fanbase sooner rather than later. However, it doesn't mean the last character will be a little character; it will be one that has a strong impact outside of the fanbase. The idea is that the FP is already sold to the fans, the last character will be one that brings new players to buy the base game.
  • For a long time, there were leaks that told there were Minecraft content. Where did this content go?
In my opinion, the two first points may be wrong, but the third point will be assured, whatever the last character is. If Steve is not the 5th, it will be another low-key character, one that is not especially liked in the fanbase, but that is strong outside of it. Other people have already mentioned Warcraft, or Tencent (League of Legends). Why not?
I'm of the opinion Steve might be a Mii costume ala Sans. If we are to believe Vergeben, he was never 100% sure what the content was, and seemed rather confused. Could be Steve also has the status of special costume.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
1. Ryu Hayabusa [Ninja Gaiden]
2. Bill Rizer/Lance Bean [Contra]
3. Arthur [Ghosts ‘n Goblins]
4. Kunio/Riki [River City Ransom]
5. Bub/Bob [Bubble Bobble]
I'm not sure if the NES motif is deliberate or not, but that would actually make an interesting season pass theme.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Though in terms of the Game Awards, I have a suspicion that the Nintendo reveal won't be cahracter 5 but would be Super Mario Odyssey 2, using all the ideas they didn't have time for in the base game.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Top 5s are always fun to see how much our tastes differ.

Top 5 that I really want: Thanatos, Kamek, Hollow Knight, Bandana Waddle Dee, and any past Pokemon (Eevee, Gengar, Snorlax, Wobbuffet, Scizor, Sceptile, Gardevoir w/ Gothitelle echo, Deoxys, Zoroark, Genesect, the list just goes on and on).

Top 5 that I expect will eventually get in: Ryu Hayabusa, Rex and Pyra or any Xeno character in general, Leon Kennedy, Crash Bandicoot, and Doom Slayer.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
What are the odds that they drop Fighter #5 in time for Christmas? Might work for selling the pass as a whole for the holiday season. idk just spitballin

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Though in terms of the Game Awards, I have a suspicion that the Nintendo reveal won't be cahracter 5 but would be Super Mario Odyssey 2, using all the ideas they didn't have time for in the base game.
I'm still waiting on a gameplay reveal for Bayonetta 3 since its announcement at the 2017 VGA.

ArchRanger

Smash Apprentice
For those that may have missed it, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice mentioned his thoughts on AC, Three Houses, and 8th gen Pokemon yesterday:

Like I said, I think it's a matter of "fairness" because Sakurai has already apologized for Rex and Spring Man and they came out in 2017. Despite that, I keep saying the names I've heard aren't absolutely definite, it's super unlikely that all of them will make it, and there's a decent chance of a "surprise" or two at some point. As for me, and you all can drag me for this later if I'm wrong, I'm currently not expecting anyone from Three Thrones, Sword and Shield, Astral Chain, etc.

Add in: there's been zero talks of Echoes.
It’s not insider confirmed or anything and just his speculation but I think it’s noteworthy that these newer First Party game’s haven’t even been discussed in insider circles to the point where he is willing to commit that idea that they won’t get characters. Thoughts?

Personally not too surprised since the DLC is mostly focused on Third Party and there is other First Party characters that should come in first like Dixie, Bandana Dee, Rex/Pyra, etc.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
What's everyone's top 5 for DLC? Mine would be:

5. Tales of rep
4. Reimu
3. Kirby rep
2. Hat Kid
1. Octolings
5. Klonoa
4. Doom Guy
3. Sir Daniel Fortesque
2. Tomba
1. Sgt. Cortez

Also I made this cool little gif :^)

Time to Split.gif

Last edited:

JustMyself13

Smash Journeyman
For those that may have missed it, Fatmanonice Fatmanonice mentioned his thoughts on AC, Three Houses, and 8th gen Pokemon yesterday:

It’s not insider confirmed or anything and just his speculation but I think it’s noteworthy that these newer First Party game’s haven’t even been discussed in insider circles to the point where he is willing to commit that idea that they won’t get characters. Thoughts?

Personally not too surprised since the DLC is mostly focused on Third Party and there is other First Party characters that should come in first like Dixie, Bandana Dee, Rex/Pyra, etc.
Does this user have any credibility when it comes to leaking information or is he simply speculating based on what he thinks insiders are talking about? He’s speaking as if he’s heard these things from another source but at the same time he doesn’t have a track record.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Does this user have any credibility when it comes to leaking information or is he simply speculating based on what he thinks insiders are talking about? He’s speaking as if he’s heard these things from another source but at the same time he doesn’t have a track record.
speculating. hes not a leaker

perfectchaos83

Smash Champion
He's gotten nothing correct. Anything he says should be treated as nothing more than speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom