• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Frogger is like a Pac Man in my eyes. A retro icon with a simple game design/character design but is without a doubt a staple in gaming history.

Im ok with him because I personally am a big advocate for "cereal mascots" in Smash lol

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know

you’d think Nintendo would have taken the video down if it was legit by now. The presentation is literally TOMORROW.

D

Deleted member

He's sitting on a chair with a magazine in one hand and an airhorn in the other, eagerly awaiting a car to honk at him for blocking the road and reading a magazine so he can hink back
Okay, the driver is legally allowed to floor it to make Panda move.

Of course, that's probably the first fighter after the Fighter's Pass.
Challenger Pack 5 also got leaked.

THERE'S YOUR WESTERN REP, HATERS

Flyboy

Smash Hero
If he had anyone for a striker assist, he'd probably have Joe and Andy, and maybe Blue Mary

I just hope Athena and Kula get something
I'm personally not expecting a Kula spirit or anything but I can't lie, that'd be great. Love her. We might get spirits of the '94 teams which means Athena. But also LUCKY GLAUBER BABYYYY

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
I'm personally not expecting a Kula spirit or anything but I can't lie, that'd be great. Love her. We might get spirits of the '94 teams which means Athena. But also LUCKY GLAUBER BABYYYY
If Kula gets nothing, at least we'll have a K' spirit. They have to have him, he's almost as iconic to KoF as Kyo, at least imo

D

Deleted member

LET'S GET MY BOY LUCKY GLAUBER IN

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i'd imagine we might actually get a kula spirit given her popularity

i mean she even appears as a playable character in DOA6 of all things

KatKit

Smash Lord
smash fans: "idk, ryu's inputs are a little too difficult"
sakurai, laughing in terry:

View attachment 245253
They wouldn't stand a chance in Arcana Heart.

Yes, that's a special attack list for one character.

There's also a character with a reverse Spinning Bird Kick charge input where you have to hold the up button before the down button, but it's a move performed on the ground lol.

My secondary is pretty fun, too:

And that's just half of her special moves.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Kula's kinda cute ngl. Wouldn't mind but also don't knoe jack about her

31e57758b256073c977ef47ce5e724d1.jpg

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Athena, OG or PS, I'm going to be surprised if we don't at least get a spirit of given her role in pre-Terry/NeoGeo SNK. She could work as either a Mii Brawler or Swordfighter depending on which version of her they use.

Would also love a Crystalis Mii Swordfighter outfit. SNK 40th Anniversary is worth it for that game alone.

Flyboy

Smash Hero

And yet despite being on the title screen of the English release of KOF All Stars, neither she nor Ash are available yet. Well, Kula was a Halloween pull that I didn't get grumble grumble I love Witch Mature and all but I wanted lollipop kula grumble grumble but that's about it. I really don't know what era Terry will be pulling from, which is what excites me most. We could get only Fatal Fury stuff, early KOF stuff, or a nice series-spanning selection and I don't think there's a wrong answer there.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
If they aren't going to talk about any other fighters then I'm hoping there will be a ton of changes made in the 6.0 update that will take up that time. Here's my wishlist:

- Online improvements
- You can now play any song on any stage in My Music
- You can now set the frequency of each individual item
- Certain stages with their hazards turned off will be fixed, such as Summit or Living Room
- Mii Fighters are now usable in Classic Mode
- The ability to see hitboxes in Training Mode
- Extra alternate colors for fighters

Any of these would make me extremely happy.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
And yet despite being on the title screen of the English release of KOF All Stars, neither she nor Ash are available yet. Well, Kula was a Halloween pull that I didn't get grumble grumble I love Witch Mature and all but I wanted lollipop kula grumble grumble but that's about it. I really don't know what era Terry will be pulling from, which is what excites me most. We could get only Fatal Fury stuff, early KOF stuff, or a nice series-spanning selection and I don't think there's a wrong answer there.
The only KoF memories I have are terrible Chrome and Mobile versions of XIII, and that thereby gives me fond memories of Kula and Ash, although I gotta say, Original Zero has ridiculous amounts of swagger

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Wait...

Sakurai has a NEO GEO controller next to him in the thumb.

We have what is basically a console-tan in Neo-Geo Battle Collesium.

Ai-ngbc.jpg

SHES IN BOYS LETS GOOO

She even attacks with Tetris pieces. A double wammy.

Last edited:

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
I low key hope the Frogger leak is real.
Not so much because of the character choices, pretty neutral on Doomslayer and actively dislike Geno (Frogger would be funny tho), but I'd kill to have Hollow Knight in the game, even as a Mii costume. Extreme bonus points if it also came with this banger.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If they aren't going to talk about any other fighters then I'm hoping there will be a ton of changes made in the 6.0 update that will take up that time. Here's my wishlist:

- Online improvements
- Certain stages with their hazards turned off will be fixed, such as Summit or Living Room

My predictions:
- Mii costumes obviously. What will they be exactly though? Nobody knows...
- World of Light Very Hard Mode (solid black dot that’s totes ominous) and/or 2P
- any song on any stage, I second this notion
- stand-alone music packs without a character or costume?? Maybe?? Please??
- some new online mode
- stage hazards fixed as you said
- WoL possession/Phantom Fighter effects usable outside the mode
- aaaand STILL no new playable reveals sorry

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

- Online improvements

I'd like to see them finally update Special Smash, its pretty much been the same since Brawl.
Allow us to change each player individually so we can finally do stuff like Metal Mario vs Giant Donkey Kong without forcing them to take their respective items every ten seconds...

Last edited:

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
I'd figured KoF characters would have complex movesets, but I've never imagined some of them like Geese's would be absurd.

Since Terry will pretty much have input moves just like in the games he's in, I think Sakurai will explain how his moves work during the presentation. I just hope we remember what the inputs are lol. Also LUCKY GLAUBER FOR SMASH!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Oh man, I need to play KoF more now. I'm getting Hoopz Barkley flashbacks from Lucky's design
You'll have to stick to 94 and 98 for the Sports Team. It's a running gag for them to always lose their invite.
Who is this?? I?? Love her??
Ai, one of the protagonists of Neo-Geo Battle Coliseum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom