• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Sorry for not liking an annoying, ugly thing who's very presence means that Decidueye, one of my favorite Pokemon, is a worthless failure
Just because your character doesn't get in doesn't mean they're a failure, especially in situations like this where the pick seems to entirely be personal preference on Sakurai's part.

I gotta ask though, how is Incineroar annoying? Do his flourish animations bother you?

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping for Monster Hunter tonight. It'd tie in nicely with Rise (I'm predicting a feb/march release for the character), and I feel we wouldn't get another character reveal until much after it's release.

My left-field picks would be Phoenix Wright, Klonoa, and Gordon Freeman.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sorry for not liking an annoying, ugly thing who's very presence means that Decidueye, one of my favorite Pokemon, is a worthless failure
You are single handedly making me dislike Decidueye.

And it used to be one of my favorites in that generation. But now I can't think about it without thinking of an annoying stan who won't stop complaining.

For real though, shut it.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Incineroar is cool, and I don't think a lot of the negativity toward him is warranted.

Still, I do wish Sakurai would steer away from choosing the easiest, safest options. Starter Pokémon are guaranteed to be somewhat notable, and I don't think it's particularly hard to make a fighter out of a Pokémon who's based off a ninja or a wrestler.

I'd prefer something more unorthodox.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Imagine being a sword-locked foot unit that doesn't get +10 skill and speed and +20 resistance from her legendary weapon.

This post was made by the Holy War gang.
Imagine literally dying in a fire

This post was made by Elibe gang
Imagine not ending racism by giving an epic friendship speech to a boomer followed by the world's most epic trickshot ever.

This post was made by the Golden Dear Gang gang.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Just because your character doesn't get in doesn't mean they're a failure, especially in situations like this where the pick seems to entirely be personal preference on Sakurai's part.

I gotta ask though, how is Incineroar annoying? Do his flourish animations bother you?
It kind of is a failure in that Smash fans tend to be more submissive when it comes to Pokemon. You don't see anything like Chrom fans not giving up despite...everything.

Also Incineroar is annoying because it's an awkwardly-proportioned fursuit.

Shroob

Sup?
So, this is a hell of a surprise to wake up to, though not entirely unexpected. While I did say I didn't expect anything today, I did also mention that, if we were to get a TGA reveal, this would probably be the last time it'd be possible, due to the DLC probably coming to an end before the next one next year.

So the question is..... who?

Crash, Hayabusa, Capcom, all feel like safe choices that my gut is telling me to go in on, but I don't trust my gut in the slightest. It could very well be one of them, but it also could be another blindside choice.

So, the big question to me, how long after the reveal will it be until the character releases? I assume this month.

D

Deleted member

So, this is a hell of a surprise to wake up to, though not entirely unexpected. While I did say I didn't expect anything today, I did also mention that, if we were to get a TGA reveal, this would probably be the last time it'd be possible, due to the DLC probably coming to an end before the next one next year.

So the question is..... who?

Crash, Hayabusa, Capcom, all feel like safe choices that my gut is telling me to go in on, but I don't trust my gut in the slightest. It could very well be one of them, but it also could be another blindside choice.

So, the big question to me, how long after the reveal will it be until the character releases? I assume this month.
Watch it be someone totally mundane that nobody has the least amount of hype for like Captain Toad. I know there's people out there that'd be happy for him, but he's not one of the ones constantly floating around with repeated rumors lol.

Shroob

Sup?
I also have to wonder, while this is an assumption, considering that we don't even know if character 8 is coming out this month, if that development has finally returned to normal behind the scenes.

We know Min Min took quite some time due to having to shift their work environment from the office to at home, and getting her arms to function right, and that Steve was undoubtedly a massive workload, what needing to reprogram every stage to accompany him.

This character being shown off a mere 57 days after Steve, and 'potentially' releasing relatively soon only brings good news I feel.

D

Deleted member

Imagine not ending racism by giving an epic friendship speech to a boomer followed by the world's most epic trickshot ever.

This post was made by the Golden Dear Gang gang.
Nooooo, don't make me go into another Three Houses debate.

Though I do think Claude is quite epic.

Last edited by a moderator:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
This is probably going to be my last post before the show. My final bets are on 2B, Dante or Crash Bandicoot. My more dark horse pic would be LoL rep. To be fair there's so many possibilities now that it's hard to really say. I still think Hayabusa have a great shot, but I'm not sure if Game awards is really the best moment for him. I doubt Jonesy would be in but maybe they will anounce a special something like a Mii or a spirits event? I feel like Fortnite is big enough to be shown there even if it's not a playable representation.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Gonna be awesome if my Waluigi dream comes true, I like him and I remember back during Smash 4 seeing the rumors of Pac-Man and being hyped for him, and I even had a dream that included the Pic of the Day on the Smash 4 website being very close to the one Sakurai actually used for Pac-Man (a side-view of Pac-Man against a black background, a 3D version of 2D Pac (I think), just like the real life image; although, I think my dream that included that didn't happen in the same day iirc, and the rest of the dream was something about being in my bedroom which turned into a Minecraft area with Minecraft ocelots/cats running around or something, idk this was in 2015).

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It kind of is a failure in that Smash fans tend to be more submissive when it comes to Pokemon. You don't see anything like Chrom fans not giving up despite...everything.
True enough. The dark side of the perceived likelihood's effects on popularity is that if your character is deemed to have no shot, you're kind of made to give up.

Also Incineroar is annoying because it's an awkwardly-proportioned fursuit.
I'll have to disagree with you on that.

I also have to wonder, while this is an assumption, considering that we don't even know if character 8 is coming out this month...
Yeah, we better hope that there's gameplay shown. Otherwise it's going to be a looooong wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom