• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Happening? Do they mean announcing? Directs have never happened on a Monday, as I recall.
I mean, we're in a completely different world right now. IIRC they also didn't do Smash DLC presentations on Monday and yet that's what they did with Min Min.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Happening? Do they mean announcing? Directs have never happened on a Monday, as I recall.
It wasn’t technically a direct, but the 2014 Robin/Lucina reveal happened on a Monday. Anything’s possible

also didn’t the direct with the Isabelle reveal happen on a Friday?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean, we're in a completely different world right now. IIRC they also didn't do Smash DLC presentations on Monday and yet that's what they did with Min Min.
So we could get an announcement on the Friday before then?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I decided to rip Hyrule Warriors for fun, ripped Ganon and scaled him with some of the other fighters. This version's body type fits surprisingly well, only thing I'd tweak about him is shrinking the shoulder spikes and tusks, removing the mane and tail, putting him in some armor, and maybe giving him a potbelly.
villains.png

And here he is with Ganondorf.
ganons.png

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, have Nate and Kellos been wrong about any Direct before? Not that I doubt them, but I don't think they have.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Kelios was right about some direct dates in the right.
Nate have gotten so many things/Hint right that I won't even bother to back him up, he's 100% credible.
100% right? Not doubting that, and not to be technical, but isn't "some Direct dates in the right" mean some or not all, or was that not worded correctly if he is 100% credible?

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Kelios was right about some direct dates in the right.
Nate have gotten so many things/Hint right that I won't even bother to back him up, he's 100% credible.
So what you’re saying is: marks your calendars for July 20th

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
BTW guys, looks like Nate and Kelios have hinted the July Direct happening on the 20th.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...ter-far-more-than-video-games.221071/page-310
I'm not sure if Nate is hinting at it, unless there's something that I'm not picking up on - he just seems to be wondering what "around the 16th" would mean since that's kind of vague. (it could be the 15th or 17th; it could also mean the 12th or 20th)

Kelios definitely seems to be hinting the 20th in a later post, though it doesn't seem like Nate is.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Oooh i see i stumbled upon tinfoilboards. I love that time of the year where smash fans are thirsty for news.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I do not expect a Smash reveal then.
Oh come on! I know we just had a released DLC character, but they have revealed characters in almost every Direct since 2018. Maybe almost every Direct, but I don't think they'll skip on a Smash Direct on this one.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Oh come on! I know we just had a released DLC character, but they have revealed characters in almost every Direct since 2018. Maybe almost every Direct, but I don't think they'll skip on a Smash Direct on this one.
They might want to focus more on their new holiday titles.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There’s some third party exclusives and/or third party ports they may wanna announce too

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly, this direct, if it is true, might not have a new character. It might be like an ARMS scenario, or something like "There's a cool thing we're working on, stay tuned!"
Oh please no, not that again...

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I don't see how they skip out on Smash if we're getting a Direct this month.

Like if it wasn't for COVID, we probably would of seen Fighter #7 by now at E3. The original plan was probably either A.) reveal Min Min and the next character at E3 or B.) reveal/release Min Min before hand and reveal the next character at E3.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Honestly, this direct, if it is true, might not have a new character. It might be like an ARMS scenario, or something like "There's a cool thing we're working on, stay tuned!"
I hope not. If the only Smash news that we get is "the next character is... from Capcom! See you in three months, maybe!" (or replace Capcom with Square-Enix, or Bethesda, or Super Mario Bros., or Fire Emblem, or what have you), then the next three-plus months are going to be chaos.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
honestly think we'll see smash on the 20th in whatever the presentation is

even with coronavirus causing delays, it feels like we've entered the next block of development with min min

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
I recently watched Protonjon play through Other M for game clearing in June.
The story stills SUCKS, but the gameplay was not nearly as bad as I remember it.
Aside from the "search" segments, my biggest problem with the game is its poorly handled maps.
Here are the VODs for Protonjon's streams regarding Metroid Other M.

(Go to about 4:06:40 for MOM)

if you already played all the 3D Ninja Gaiden titles included the original Ninja Gaiden 3, Other M is esentially the lowest bar for something in vain to Itagaki-era and current Team Ninja action titles. Hell, I could even argue that Yaiba's gameplay was a bit better but still irredeemable in NG-standards.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I think since March 2018, the Feb 2019 Direct was the only Direct without a new Smash character reveal, not even a series tease like with ARMS in the March Mini this year.

But that was because Joker had yet to be released, more than anything. Considering he just got announced super early at the VGAs like two months prior.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
At the very least, I think we might get another Terry situation. We find out who the next fighter is, but we still have to wait to see how they play... which would kinda suck, but it's still way better than having to wait blindly (or semi-blindly with a guessing game) for the next character.

"Fighter 7 will be... a character who has appeared in a Marvel vs Capcom game! It could be anyone, from Dante to Thanos to even Ryu!"
Here's how the boy in blue can still win.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I was already expecting some kind of Direct in July or August, so I'm not really stressing over an exact date. They'll surely give us some type of major presentation to make way for the holiday 2020 season.

There's a few rumors that the Spanish voices for Zelda and Revali have completed their work on BotW2, so maybe we'll get the game sometime this year or early 2021 and finally get a new Zelda character in Smash.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hes Thanos in disguise and half of the smash roster is getting removed for FP3
Don't give people any ideas. Some people unironically think that should happen (or 2/3 of the roster should be cut) for the next Smash game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom