• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
I just hope that Spring Man wasn't shafted BECAUSE he was an Assist Trophy.
I don't think so, it was pretty clear to me that Min Min got in because the devs wanted her. Heck, it even seemed like Sakurai asked about Spring Man because he thought he was the protagonist, if they were deconfirms for Sakurai he wouldn't have bothered with that.

Shroob

Sup?
Fwiw I think we're done after this pass. But Sakurai's statement about "at least five more characters" has given people something new to read too much into.

But frankly I didn't think I'd even be here this long, I thought Ultimate's DLC would be done by now.
You're right, there's nothing to be concerned about. I can sleep easy ton---

*The four unused World of Light spots: Exists*
1592883409402.png

cosmicB

Smash Ace
My belief, whether it be for Heihachi, or the Ubisoft costumes, or now the Bethesda one, is if we were to receive an actual character from that company (or, in Heihachi's case, were he yet to be revealed), the fact that they didn't release concurrently is a huge red flag. It's not like Capcom, where the quantity necessitates a release over multiple waves.

Obviously it's not a nail in the coffin, but I can't get behind the idea that it's a good sign. Which is funny, because, at least for Ubisoft, a lot of people are taking it as a positive. But... like... Rayman and the Rabbids releasing in different waves? Eeeeee... I don't think so.

Though I suppose this is under the provision that the characters do indeed end with this pass. If there are more to follow, we'll cross that bridge when we get there.
I see this line of reasoning, but I would consider Heihachi an exception. Namco developed Smash, so their presence is constant. It's not the same as a one-time meeting that might be difficult to set up and likely won't get another (moreso in the case of western developers).

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So, now that we were able to look at Min Min's alternate colours..what are your favorites?
These three happen to be mine.
View attachment 275869View attachment 275870View attachment 275868
The first and third ones are kinda special for me. They coincidentally share the pastel pink, white, and blue colours of the Transgender Pride Flag and I happen to be a transgender woman (and the colours also happen to look great..I wouldn't choose them if they didn't) while the black & orange alt just looks cool (I tend to like black colours).
Definitiley digging the Black & Yellow one as that was my go-to in ARMS, on top of the aforementioned Black & Orange

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Definitiley digging the Black & Yellow one as that was my go-to in ARMS, on top of the aforementioned Black & Orange
That was my go-to one in ARMS too. I never made the Trans Flag relation to the blue & pink one in ARMS until someone in a Trans Gaming Group mentioned it today and I was like 'oh yeah' lol
I was going to include the Black & Yellow one as well, but I noticed I like the almost all Black with hints of Orange one more...though I still may use it for fun sometimes lol

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So, now that we were able to look at Min Min's alternate colours..what are your favorites?
The first and third ones are kinda special for me. They coincidentally share the pastel pink, white, and blue colours of the Transgender Pride Flag and I happen to be a transgender woman (and the colours also happen to look great..I wouldn't choose them if they didn't) while the black & orange alt just looks cool (I tend to like black colours).
Gee, Min Min! How come Sakurai lets you have TWO trans rights colors?

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Wow that was a LOT of catching up to do in this thread. Good to see discussion kicking up again. Sigh it sucks to see that even after I've been away for awhile, it's still the same poster being provocative for no reason...

Anyway! Still don't know anything about ARMS or Min Min, but good to see that she's being received well from what I'm seeing.

Playstyle wise, I think she's not for me. I'll give her a go, but I doubt she'll be someone I'll be using a lot. I can see her being problematic to go up against online. She definitely seems useful in multiplayer brawls though.

Best part of the presentation was the Joker amiibo. It looks way better than I could have ever imagined. Definitely going to pick one up, that is, if scalpers don't buy them all out beforehand.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Gee, Min Min! How come Sakurai lets you have TWO trans rights colors?
Lol I know..I mean, I know the more blue one is from ARMS, but the more white one is a Smash original..both look soo good!
I probably main the more white & pink 'Trans Rights' colour and have the black & orange 'Halloween' colour as a secondary.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Welp, here's my ideal Fighter's Pass that's built around pushing hypothetical new releases. How'd you all feel about this timeline?
Min Min (ARMS 2)-We already know she's coming, so an ARMS sequel to accompany her would be nice. If COVID hadn't screwed everything up, I'm sure we would've gotten an ARMS 2 reveal alongside Min Min.
Bandana Waddle Dee (New Kirby game)-Ever since Triple Deluxe, Kirby's slipped into a comfortable alternating mainline/spinoff pattern, so this year should logically have a new Kirby game. Kirby's been fairly underrepresented, especially in the modern era, and Bandana Dee would be a good way to help out in that regard. As a plus for later down the line, he'd follow the mindset of sweet and simple, allowing for more time to be devoted to the later characters
Reimu Hakurei (Touhou ports)-Assuming the doujin leak is at least partially correct, Reimu would've been planned for the first slot, but COVID delayed her due to inability to talk with ZUN until things were sorted out. By that time, BWD could be squeezed in due to his simplicity, allowing for more cameos and Spirits. In the meantime, ZUN would heavily push Touhou on the Switch, with at the very least ports of AoCF and Goukyou Ibun. If we're going all out, the bring in a Nintendo-published compilation of Touhou shooters and a port of Hisoutensoku.
Isaac (Golden Sun Remake)-Isaac's a popular request, and Golden Sun is one of those games that needs a comeback. Isaac would be the first to break out of snowglobe hell, backed by a combined remake of the original Golden Sun and The Lost Age, like originally intended. Probably the biggest moment of the pass for the hardcore fans.
Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear ports)-What with Guilty Gear's gaining popularity and the Kunio-Kun Spirits, it would make sense to release Xrd and Strive on the Switch. Xrd would come first, being the game that defines Guilty Gear's style for the forseeable future, and is pretty much the definitive Guilty Gear at the moment. Strive would come later, as it tries to reinvent the series and is inevitably going to be divisive, but if it does well it would be a smart move to spread it to the growing Switch playerbase after introducing them to the series.
Sylux (Metroid Prime 4)-From the looks of it, MP4's coming soon-ish, but it's still a ways off. As Sylux is most likely going to be a major antagonist in some way, Sylux would make sense to give Metroid a push and keep it in the spotlight. Like Byleth, they'll be fairly contentious as the last character, a spot they occupy due to the time of their release. Hopefully, we can avoid turning Metroid into the next Fire Emblem, due to Sylux being the third character. If Sylux feels like a letdown for the last fighter, you can always pretend it ended with Sol.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
I want Sora more than anyone. I know he is a popular pick, and has been for years, I just don’t know how likely he is. There’s only 5 spots left and countless options. I’ve wanted him since Brawl, and if he got in, I’d literally breakdown and cry.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I see this line of reasoning, but I would consider Heihachi an exception. Namco developed Smash, so their presence is constant. It's not the same as a one-time meeting that might be difficult to set up and likely won't get another (moreso in the case of western developers).
Right, and Sega had releases over multiple waves, but the Persona costumes came with the Persona character. I think that's just the way it's going to work. The other way makes a lot less sense, frankly. If Heihachi is still going to be playable, what, is that when they're going to release Lloyd and Gil, but not Heihachi? Are they not going to have any new Tekken costumes? And if they do, why wouldn't the Heihachi costume release with them?

Also, one meeting or several, neither precludes being able to negotiate multiple things that will release at different times at the same meeting. I mean, FP11 isn't going to release for around a year and a half, but was probably negotiated for a year ago. It's entirely possible other things were also negotiated for from that company to be released in the two and a half year interim. Assuming FP11 is third-party, but even if not, you get the point.

MarioDDR755

Smash Apprentice
I definitely agree that mascots frequently can and do change, I just don't think that's happening with ARMS. Usually, when a mascot change happens, there's multiple pieces of media that signify this change is occuring. Using your previous examples, Pikachu was the face of a full anime series, virtually every spin-off put out, and an updated rerelease of the original game around the time he solidified himself as the mascot. Isabelle, likewise, received a big merchandise push, became the face of every AC spinoff, and appeared in a ton of crossovers when she was becoming the face of that franchise. Immediately, I don't know a ton of Mortal Kombat so I can't comment on Scorpion, but I think the general point still stands. Mascot changes generally involve the floodgates opening on material with the character.

Min Min has two things going for her: her popularity and her Smash appearance. There's are two big achievements that guarantee she'll be important to the brand going forward, but I don't think it guarantees that she is (going to become) the new mascot. While popularity does occasionally impact who the mascot becomes, there's a ton more cases where that doesn't become the case. There were a good 20-30 years where Donald Duck was far more popular than Mickey Mouse, but Disney never adopted the pantless sailor as a mascot nor did they renamed their animated catalogue to "Donald Duck and Friends".

Her crossing over into Smash is definitely a more salient piece of evidence, given that the characters who make crossover appearances in fighting games usually represent their brand in a style similar to a mascot. However, this isn't a hard rule and there are times where the mascot for a particular brand is passed over for another fighter. Zero and Tron Bonne beat any form of Mega Man into Marvel vs. Capcom 3, but no one would call them the mascot of the Mega Man brand. Likewise, Akuma and Geese beat Ryu and Terry to joining Tekken 7. Even in Smash, Chrom continued to be Awakening's poster boy even after Robin and Lucina were playable in Smash for Wii U/3DS. Min Min's Smash appearance serves as a good start to make a case that Min Min is the new face of ARMS, but additional evidence is needed to prove she doesn't just fall into the latter camp.

Could Min Min become the mascot of an ARMS 2? Theoretically, yes. However, the little winks and nods to Spring Man really makes me think that they're not done with him being the series' mascot. He was one of the two characters involved in the revival Party Crash, his gameplay was tied with Ribbon Girl's for taking up the greatest amount of the screen when it was announced that revealed the ARMS rep, he's front and centre on Min Min's Final Smash, he was the first one to grab the Smash invitation, and Sakurai even took time out of the direct to discuss many were likely expecting him to be the ARMS fighter. Hell, even him pouting in the window in Min Min's Smash Art indicates further attempts on Nintendo's part to tie the brand to his presence.

That being said, does that mean that Min Min's a one-off with no objective merits to her inclusion? Of course not, she's a very cool character. Likewise, Spring Man being the mascot of the series doesn't make him an objectively better character than her, just like her Smash inclusion doesn't mean she's an objectively better character than him. Min Min will likely be featured on the box for ARMS 2 and be one of the series' most frequent characters going forward. Hell, I could even see her taking over the role of ARMS' female mascot from the suspiciously absent Ribbon Girl. I just think it's somewhat premature to start branding Min Min as ARMS' new primary mascot when it seems that Spring Man is also going to still be just as relevant in the future.
Really good post. I think it's worth it for people to not view it all so black and white. Spring Man has been the general mascot, and the reveal trailer and art still paint him as being the general mascot, and he'll likely continue to be important to the game. But he's not such an important character as to preclude the fact that Min Min can be also an important ARMS character and represent the series in Smash. It's an ensemble, each character is important in their own ways.

I mean, Sakurai didn't mention him being an AT as a reason for his exclusion.
My honest feeling is that he knew from the start, when making the base game's roster and ATs, that when they did get around to adding an ARMS character it wouldn't be Spring Man. So, that's why Spring Man was made into an AT.

He did say that the reason ARMS didn't get a character in the base game was because it came too late for the planning stages of Ultimate. I'm assuming he already knew it wasn't going to be Spring Man even if it wasn't too late. Even if he didn't talk to Yabuki until more recently, Sakurai said his own two preferred reps were Min Min and Ninjara.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
I like the first and third one too. It's a colour palette I've always liked. Daisy has a similar colour palette and it's really nice.

My fav is the third. The blue contrasts very nicely with the pink and her blonde hair.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
My honest feeling is that he knew from the start, when making the base game's roster and ATs, that when they did get around to adding an ARMS character it wouldn't be Spring Man. So, that's why Spring Man was made into an AT.

He did say that the reason ARMS didn't get a character in the base game was because it came too late for the planning stages of Ultimate. I'm assuming he already knew it wasn't going to be Spring Man even if it wasn't too late. Even if he didn't talk to Yabuki until more recently, Sakurai said his own two preferred reps were Min Min and Ninjara.
I get the feeling he at least considered Spring Man maybe best representing the game given what he said about ARMS protagonists, and choosing him as the AT in the first place. No further DLC was planned at the time, too, so I don’t think he would’ve thought that far ahead.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Well, this was after the wide-reaching Ramram, so he probably means you can't aim it very well.
I thought he meant that only the fist is an active hitbox, so the range of the hitbox is small.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I like these three best. It's too bad her dragon and noodle arms don't change color too, they end up clashing a bit with a couple of the alts imo.
MinMin8.png MinMin4.png MinMin3.png

Savron

Banned via Warnings
I just hope that Spring Man wasn't shafted BECAUSE he was an Assist Trophy.
That would be a giant slap in the face to the entire Smash fanbase.
But I'll still be rooting for Shovel Knight and Waluigi.
He totally was. We saw it with Waluigi and SpringMan, if you're an Assist Trophy then you're basically nothing. There's a reason why SpringMan is off in the corner not joining the other fighters in this picture and why they showed Min Min punching him right off the stage in the trailer.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Goddamn 9 pages over night, don't remember the last time that happened, I don't have time to read that but I assume nothing happened beyond people suggesting more Spirit promotions, AT debates and "Wow it was really mean to have Spring Man get decked in the face by Ribbon Girl like the front of the box, how rude Sakurai"

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Interesting conversation!

For me, Lara Croft's shot today was just about squashed. Despite the fact that, as far as video games go, I recall that the Tomb Raider series is one of the biggest in media profits (much from the movies, I imagine)... but today, Min Min was expressed to be able to punch in either direction, or even both.
The one big thing about Lara Croft is her dual pistols. While it could still utilize a different battle system than Min Min, this line made me question if that would really happen in the same pass.
The woman who attacks by using her noodle arms has too much overlap with a gun wielder because they both attack using two arms? That's gotta be the worst take I've seen come out of Min Min's reveal, that's like saying if Dante gets in then 2B can't because they both have white hair.
Welp, here's my ideal Fighter's Pass that's built around pushing hypothetical new releases. How'd you all feel about this timeline?
Min Min (ARMS 2)-We already know she's coming, so an ARMS sequel to accompany her would be nice. If COVID hadn't screwed everything up, I'm sure we would've gotten an ARMS 2 reveal alongside Min Min.
Bandana Waddle Dee (New Kirby game)-Ever since Triple Deluxe, Kirby's slipped into a comfortable alternating mainline/spinoff pattern, so this year should logically have a new Kirby game. Kirby's been fairly underrepresented, especially in the modern era, and Bandana Dee would be a good way to help out in that regard. As a plus for later down the line, he'd follow the mindset of sweet and simple, allowing for more time to be devoted to the later characters
Reimu Hakurei (Touhou ports)-Assuming the doujin leak is at least partially correct, Reimu would've been planned for the first slot, but COVID delayed her due to inability to talk with ZUN until things were sorted out. By that time, BWD could be squeezed in due to his simplicity, allowing for more cameos and Spirits. In the meantime, ZUN would heavily push Touhou on the Switch, with at the very least ports of AoCF and Goukyou Ibun. If we're going all out, the bring in a Nintendo-published compilation of Touhou shooters and a port of Hisoutensoku.
Isaac (Golden Sun Remake)-Isaac's a popular request, and Golden Sun is one of those games that needs a comeback. Isaac would be the first to break out of snowglobe hell, backed by a combined remake of the original Golden Sun and The Lost Age, like originally intended. Probably the biggest moment of the pass for the hardcore fans.
Sol Badguy (Guilty Gear ports)-What with Guilty Gear's gaining popularity and the Kunio-Kun Spirits, it would make sense to release Xrd and Strive on the Switch. Xrd would come first, being the game that defines Guilty Gear's style for the forseeable future, and is pretty much the definitive Guilty Gear at the moment. Strive would come later, as it tries to reinvent the series and is inevitably going to be divisive, but if it does well it would be a smart move to spread it to the growing Switch playerbase after introducing them to the series.
Sylux (Metroid Prime 4)-From the looks of it, MP4's coming soon-ish, but it's still a ways off. As Sylux is most likely going to be a major antagonist in some way, Sylux would make sense to give Metroid a push and keep it in the spotlight. Like Byleth, they'll be fairly contentious as the last character, a spot they occupy due to the time of their release. Hopefully, we can avoid turning Metroid into the next Fire Emblem, due to Sylux being the third character. If Sylux feels like a letdown for the last fighter, you can always pretend it ended with Sol.
For a realistic Pass made with a promotional bent in mind, it's pretty kickass. Sylux is kind of a downer ending, but that's par for the course, and the rest are characters that have merit to getting in regardless of promotion.

Shroob

Sup?
Goddamn 9 pages over night, don't remember the last time that happened, I don't have time to read that but I assume nothing happened beyond people suggesting more Spirit promotions, AT debates and "Wow it was really mean to have Spring Man get decked in the face by Ribbon Girl like the front of the box, how rude Sakurai"
There's already fan art of Spring Man(Kinnikuman) attacking/maiming Springman.

The internet moves crazy fast.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Well, that and debates over who's the mascot now. Also, occasional wishlists/predictions. Y'know, the usual.

For a realistic Pass made with a promotional bent in mind, it's pretty kickass. Sylux is kind of a downer ending, but that's par for the course, and the rest are characters that have merit to getting in regardless of promotion.
I know. I was mainly basing it off of the fact that MP4 would be the farthest away out of all the games, and Smash tends to have a habit of weaker endings. And again, you can just pretend it ended with Sol, or at the very least Sol's the real ending and Sylux is just there as a sort of epilogue to wrap things up.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I only ever read the last couple posts, so you are more dedicated than I.
But ma'am, Spring Man got ROBBED.
20200622_204936.jpg

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice
Maybe, just maybe, our Tekken rep will be someone else.

I mean, it's not like these are the main protagonist and main villain from now on...
But isn't one of the favorite character from Tekken producer Harada, beside Heihachi, Ganryu?

I mean a live-streaming sumo wrestler is certainly a interesting choice for a Smash character.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
He totally was. We saw it with Waluigi and SpringMan, if you're an Assist Trophy then you're basically nothing. There's a reason why SpringMan is off in the corner not joining the other fighters in this picture and why they showed Min Min punching him right off the stage in the trailer.
I don’t think they care as much about ATs to be negative about them as you imply. He’s still the mascot dude with victorious dreams, that’s likely why he’s there, being upset. The Smash team didn’t make that image anyway, the ARMS team themselves did. Attacking Waluigi and Spring Man are just jokes they felt to be fitting.

Sakurai straight-up said Min Min was requested by Yabuki, the ARMS director, while also saying stuff that could imply he also considered Spring Man and Ninjara before Yabuki said that.

And ATs are seen as good, fun roles, even if they’re not fighters. If what you’re implying about them is true, then Min Min was in an even worse position.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I like these three best. It's too bad her dragon and noodle arms don't change color too, they end up clashing a bit with a couple of the alts imo.
View attachment 275882View attachment 275883View attachment 275884
Those are all great..and at least the arm of the Dragon Arm changes colour, I guess.
I very much doubt that they view them that negatively..if they hated them to that level, they wouldn't even be in the game as Assist Trophies or Spirits..they would literally be nothing..as in 'not in the game at all'.
View attachment 275886
I don't think so. Min Min seems to have been chosen under direct request from ARMS director and the ARMS team knew that Min Min was the proven most popular character in the game, so it makes sense to go with the choice that pleases the most people of whatever game is chosen to have a rep. Spring Man may have been chosen for Base Game were he made a Fighter, but with all the developments since then, Min Min makes the most sense.

I'm glad they did too, honestly, since I have always disagreed with always going for the poster child of the game even if they aren't that popular with the fanbase.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I don't think so. Min Min seems to have been chosen under direct request from ARMS director and the ARMS team knew that Min Min was the proven most popular character in the game, so it makes sense to go with the choice that pleases the most people of whatever game is chosen to have a rep. Spring Man may have been chosen for Base Game were he made a Fighter, but with all the developments since then, Min Min makes the most sense.

I'm glad they did too, honestly, since I have always disagreed with always going for the poster child of the game even if they aren't that popular with the fanbase.
That's what I said. ROBBED!!!!!

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
That's what I said. ROBBED!!!!!
I don't see how that's being 'robbed'. He was never going to be in the base game since the original game's roster was more-or-less finalized by the time ARMS was announced..I'm sorry, but Spring Man just didn't prove to be a popular character so he was passed over when the time came for a ARMS character to be added and they went with the clear popular choice.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't see how that's being 'robbed'. He was never going to be in the base game since the original game's roster was more-or-less finalized by the time ARMS was announced..I'm sorry, but Spring Man just didn't prove to be a popular character so he was passed over when the time came for a ARMS character to be added and they went with the clear popular choice.
Isn’t Spring Man popular as well, even if not as much as Min Min? He’s a likable character and I’ve seen it said he’s (at least decently) popular in the ARMS community. Yabuki likely asked for her because she’s his favorite, though he appears to like Spring Man nearly as much, once saying he was his favorite then still having him as his second favorite.

edit: not saying he was robbed or anything though, I like Min Min too.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Something I'd like to address on the matter of mascots and the status of Min Min and Spring Man. Like I said, we have no idea how things will go in the future for ARMS. But I want you all to pay attention to this. Even pupNapoleon pupNapoleon :

These are the two picture of Min Min's victory. Her Party Crash victory and her Smash Welcoming picture.

444px-Minwin.jpeg
600px-MinMinSmashOfficialArt.jpg

What do these picture have in common? Spring Man. These are Min Min's big moments but the ARMS team felt compelled to make Spring Man the biggest face in pic 1 and have him appear in the background in Pic 2.

I strongly believe that the ARMS team still see Spring Man as important. ARMS had two faces when it launched, Spring Man and Ribbon Girl. Min Min is obviously a new face but why does Spring Man have to lose that status when we know there can be two? I think Spring Man will still be a prominent figure in ARMS. This idea that Min Min will completely take over and Spring Man will be just one of the other guys is ridiculous to me. After all of Min Min's success they still felt the need to have Spring Man there. If they didn't care about him anymore why do that? Why draw him in the window? Why make his face so huge in the Party Crash pic? And this is after the fact. After the ARMS team knew how popular Min Min is.

Last edited:

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Isn’t Spring Man popular as well, even if not as much as Min Min? He’s a likable character and I’ve seen it said he’s (at least decently) popular in the ARMS community.
Spring Man is definitely not hated at the very least, I think most people do like him..but I don't think he was many people's favorite in the game. For better or for worse, he's the 'Ryu' of his game..a likeable character that isn't particularly interesting to most people.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
View attachment 275886
Spring Man wasn't robbed of jack ****, mate. Min Min picked up that invitation fair and square. It was just a random envelope that fluttered onto Spring Stadium, it didn't belong to ANY of the ARMS fighters to begin with.

to speak from an actual gameplay standpoint spring man's boring as **** and min min was not only the superior choice for moveset potential, she was the superior choice for aesthetics and actual character, too

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Updated the poll. I apologize in advance, though I hope you're all proud of me for not going with an oodles of noodles joke.

Am legitimately curious to know what types of Noodles people like however. Ramen is awesome, but I usually get Soba at most restaurants. lol

Will give my thoughts on Min Min a little later.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Something I'd like to address on the matter of mascots and the status of Min Min and Spring Man. Like I said, we have no idea how things will go in the future for ARMS. But I want you all to pay attention to this. Even pupNapoleon pupNapoleon :

These are the two picture of Min Min's victory. Her Party Crash victory and her Smash Welcoming picture.

What do these picture have in common? Spring Man. These are Min Min's big moments but the ARMS team felt compelled to make Spring Man the biggest face in pic 1 and have him appear in the background in Pic 2.

I strongly believe that the ARMS team still see Spring Man as important. ARMS had two faces when it launched, Spring Man and Ribbon Girl. Min Min is obviously a new face but why does Spring Man have to lose that status when we know there can be two? I think Spring Man will still be a prominent figure in ARMS. This idea that Min Min will completely take over and Spring Man will be just one of the other guys is ridiculous to me. After all of Min Min's success they still felt the need to have Spring Man there. If they didn't care about him anymore why do that? Why draw him in the window? Why make his face so huge in the Party Crash pic? And this is after the fact. After the ARMS team knew how popular Min Min is.
Oh yeah, Spring Man will definitely still be an important character for the series..I see him kinda falling somewhere between Street Fighter's Ryu and Darkstalkers' Demitri. While I think Min Min will somewhat take over as the main 'face' of the series akin to Morrigan, I don't see her eclipsing Spring Man quite as much as Morrigan does Demitri. I have little doubt that Spring Man will be the next ARMS character added to the series..though probably not in Ultimate.

I will say so, the first pic is due to him being the 'face' of the series while the second pic is more-so a joke at him being passed over for Min Min despite that fact.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Spring Man is also Yabuki’s second favorite while once saying he was his favorite in an interview not long before the interview where he said Min Min (then mentioned Spring Man as his second in the same interview).

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, Spring Man will definitely still be an important character for the series..I see him kinda falling somewhere between Street Fighter's Ryu and Darkstalkers' Demitri. While I think Min Min will somewhat take over as the main 'face' of the series akin to Morrigan, I don't see her eclipsing Spring Man quite as much as Morrigan does Demitri. I have little doubt that Spring Man will be the next ARMS character added to the series..though probably not in Ultimate.

I will say so, the first pic is due to him being the 'face' of the series while the second pic is more-so a joke at him being passed over for Min Min despite that fact.
Yeah that's quite possible. I just don't see them removing Spring Man's mascot status completely like Dimitri. If there's ever another character from ARMS making an appearance in something it will be Spring Man. I think a better comparison is Isabelle and Tom Nook. Isabelle is the favorite and the mascot but if you think Nook is not one of the most significant characters in Animal Crossing then I don't know what to tell ya! XD I know he's not in Smash but that really doesn't matter. And that's kind of what I mean when I talk about Smash influencing things. Tom Nook not being in there doesn't mean he lost his big league AC character status.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom