• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Returning:
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultzelda::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultganondorf::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultpit::ultmetaknight::ultwario::ultike::ultdiddy::ultsonic::ultkingdedede::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter::ultpacman::ultrobin::ultshulk::ultinkling::ultridley::ultkrool::ultisabelle:

Uncertain:
:ultdarksamus::ultjigglypuff::ultdaisy::ulticeclimbers::ultsheik::ultfalco::ultroy::ultchrom::ultzss::ultpokemontrainer:(:ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard:):ultlucas::ultolimar::ultrob::ulttoonlink::ultwolf::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultpalutena::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultken::ultcorrin::ultbayonetta::ultincineroar::ultpiranha::ultjoker::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry::ultbyleth:

Cut:
:ultdoc::ultpichu::ultyounglink::ultdarkpit::ultsnake::ultvillager::ultcloud::ultsimon::ultrichter::ulthero:

As far as my guess goes for the next game.

Edit: Before anyone accuses of bias for Ridley and K. Rool, I only assume this given their popularity and how demanded they were. Banjo is different because we won't know what Nintendo's and Microsoft's relationship will be like supposedly at the time of Smash 6.
i dont think Sakurai would ever cut villager

and if that does happen, that would be the smash game I dont buy

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't think they'd cut favor Isabelle over Villager since Villager embodies more of Animal Crossing, and I highly doubt we'll see the Namco and Capcom characters go. I also don't see any reason to cut an Echo Fighter if their base character is in the game, and I'm not sure about the Mii Fighters (I know you think they would just stick the Mii Maker in the game, but I'm not sure it's worth the space that would take up assuming it was necessary). Everything else I think makes sense.
i dont think Sakurai would ever cut villager

and if that does happen, that would be the smash game I dont buy
I thought from what I've seen Isabelle is pretty much the mascot of Animal Crossing now. Correct if I'm wrong.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
speaking of leaks

i wonder what that extended downtime last night was all about... think it coulda been another hack attempt?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I thought from what I've seen Isabelle is pretty much the mascot of Animal Crossing now. Correct if I'm wrong.
I think she's been kind of sidelined in Animal Crossing: New Horizons so Tom Nook can take center stage (she doesn't even appear at the start of the game). I've also seen a criticism that she's a bit shoehorned in there; not doing anything that Tom Nook couldn't have also done.

Aside from that, the games have been increasingly about the player, allowing them full control over everything about their space. Villager is at least an essential part of Animal Crossing's series representation.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Returning:
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultluigi::ultness::ultfalcon::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultzelda::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultganondorf::ultmewtwo::ultgnw::ultpit::ultmetaknight::ultwario::ultike::ultdiddy::ultsonic::ultkingdedede::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter::ultpacman::ultrobin::ultshulk::ultinkling::ultridley::ultkrool::ultisabelle:

Uncertain:
:ultdarksamus::ultjigglypuff::ultdaisy::ulticeclimbers::ultsheik::ultfalco::ultroy::ultchrom::ultzss::ultpokemontrainer:(:ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard:):ultlucas::ultolimar::ultrob::ulttoonlink::ultwolf::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultrosalina::ultlittlemac::ultpalutena::ultbowserjr::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultken::ultcorrin::ultbayonetta::ultincineroar::ultpiranha::ultjoker::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry::ultbyleth:

Cut:
:ultdoc::ultpichu::ultyounglink::ultdarkpit::ultsnake::ultvillager::ultcloud::ultsimon::ultrichter::ulthero:

Edit: Before anyone accuses of bias for Ridley and K. Rool, I only assume this given their popularity and how demanded they were. Banjo is different because we won't know what Nintendo's and Microsoft's relationship will be like supposedly at the time of Smash 6.
I doubt the Capcom guys are getting cut, they are sp easy to work with that they might end up like sonic and come back for all future games.
I’m still upset about the no AT thing tbh

I could think of several choices - Barret, Sephiroth, Aerith, Cait Sith with Joker Death that KOs EVERYBODY

though I think Hero’s at greater risk of being cut or at least relegated to DLC because the composer wanted a cut of the money
Nah, by the time the next Smash rolls around the DQ composer will be dead, making negotiations much easier.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
idk about you, this is probably just me but when I think of AC, I think of the Villager
Perhaps- but, respectfully- who you think of doesn't make them the mascot.
It can be googled if you want a more general, outside perspective. Pardon if this sentence sounds a bit condescending.

I think she's been kind of sidelined in Animal Crossing: New Horizons so Tom Nook can take center stage (she doesn't even appear at the start of the game). I've also seen a criticism that she's a bit shoehorned in there; not doing anything that Tom Nook couldn't have also done.
Once you get K K Slider on the island... which is maybe ten hours into the game?... you see Isabelle at the start of the game turning on forever.
Either way- villager doesn't look like 'one' thing. Which is why he couldnt be the mascot, because by necessity a mascot does need to be a visual icon.
Tom Nook definitely was the attempted mascot before New Leaf. He just got replaced.

Which isn't to say he isn't important.

Personally I think of Tom, K K, and Isabelle as a trio.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I doubt the Capcom guys are getting cut, they are sp easy to work with that they might end up like sonic and come back for all future games.

Nah, by the time the next Smash rolls around the DQ composer will be dead, making negotiations much easier.
Kinda had a feeling tbh but wasn't too sure hence why I had them in the uncertain category.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Returning:

Uncertain:

Cut:

What about the ARMS rep, whomever they are? If they DO promote the Spring Man AT, he'd return in Smash 6 for sure as playable while cutting his AT. If it's someone like Min Min, I'd say uncertain. If the ARMS character (if not Spring Man or Ribbon Girl) does return I think they'd add Spring Man or Ribbon Girl as a newcomer too

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Personally I think villager will be a thing going forward but may get a radical redesign for the new taller ones.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Even if Koichi Sugiyama dies by supposedly Smash 6, Square will still retain the rights to Dragon Quest. That's not how copyrights goes. An work becomes public domain around after 75-100 years of existence.

That's unless you're Disney of course...Which is why Marvel characters like Captain America, Namor and such won't be entering the public domain so soon...
What about the ARMS rep, whomever they are? If they DO promote the Spring Man AT, he'd return in Smash 6 for sure as playable while cutting his AT. If it's someone like Min Min, I'd say uncertain. If the ARMS character (if not Spring Man or Ribbon Girl) does return I think they'd add Spring Man or Ribbon Girl as a newcomer too
If Spring Man or Ribbon Girl I say returning.

If someone like Minmin though then uncertain.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Personally I think villager will be a thing going forward but may get a radical redesign for the new taller ones.
If we're getting reworks, I could see him getting Animal Crossing New Leaf & Animal Crossing: New Horizons material worked into the moveset. Not exactly sure how they'll incorporate terraforming but I'm sure they'll find a way. lol

EDIT: Can't wait to see the Killager memes becoming "Villager is secretly god" memes.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Can we PLEASE drop the whole “who’ll get cut and who’ll return” schlock? Thank you.
What else can we talk about though? We still have an whole month left until the ARMS rep and supposedly FP7 and we've already pretty much exhausted every discussion possible regarding newcomers.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
He's really old, I can't remember how old but he is old.

He also has a guy set to inherit the rights to his music, said guy is apparently a lot more laid back with what people can do with said music.
I was just watching Kill Bill 1 and 2, since I've never done it in succession, and it's Asian-Pacific-Island-Heritage Month, and I love the movies.
I can only imagine the composer as Pei Wei.

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887
Wait has it been confirmed that we’re getting FP7 revealed in June too? or is that just speculation

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Even if Koichi Sugiyama dies by supposedly Smash 6, Square will still retain the rights to Dragon Quest. That's not how copyrights goes. An work becomes public domain around after 75-100 years of existence.

That's unless you're Disney of course...Which is why Marvel characters like Spider-Man, Captain America, Hulk and such won't be entering the public domain so soon...
It's not SquareEnix that's the problem though. It's Sugiyama. So much so that even SquareEnix has trouble using Dragon Quest music. So if the music becomes less of an issue, Hero's barrier to entry becomes much lower. At least, that's the theory.

EDIT: It'd be interesting seeing characters companies still heavily use enter the public domain, and what comes of that. I don't think it'll happen any time soon but it'll be interesting to see what happens if/when it does.

Wait has it been confirmed that we’re getting FP7 revealed in June too? or is that just speculation
No. Challenger Pack 7 has no news on it at all.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Why is there always someone who feels the need to shut down the conversation if it involves cuts? Cuts are a normal part of Smash and any fighting game really. As long as people are being civil and not tearing each other apart, I don't see why anyone should step in and say, "HOLY CRAP!! THIS CONVERSATION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LOLLIPOPS AND GUMDROPS!! WE NEED TO STOP IMMEDIATELY!!"

If cuts bother you, just don't participate in the conversation. That's what I do whenever there's a topic I don't care about.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
What else can we talk about though? We still have an whole month left until the ARMS rep and supposedly FP7 and we've already pretty much exhausted every discussion possible regarding newcomers.
How about talking about what stages we’d like to see with our most wanted? I’ll go:

Sora: Station of Awakening
Crash: N. Sanity Beach
Adeleine & Ribbon: Ripple Star
Min Min: Ramen Bowl
Axel Stone: Wood Oak City Slums
Euden: The Halidom

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It's not SquareEnix that's the problem though. It's Sugiyama. So much so that even SquareEnix has trouble using Dragon Quest music. So if the music becomes less of an issue, Hero's barrier to entry becomes much lower. At least, that's the theory.
Copyrights why you must be so confusing!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
How about talking about what stages we’d like to see with our most wanted? I’ll go:

Neku Sakuraba: Shibuya (any in game location)
Octoling: MC. Princess Diaries (Final Fest Shifty Station)
Elma: Sylvalum
KOS-MOS: idk any xenosaga location
Black Shadow: Fire Field (F-Zero GX, and please gimme more GX tunes)

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sorry for backseat modding but you know you don't have to talk about anything, right? Nobody forces you to post on this thread.

If you don't want to stay on-topic, you can always go to another thread or create one.

Last edited:

snowgolem

Smash Lord
NNID
None
Switch FC
SW-7635-8772-4887

First and foremost: you’ve got really good taste, friend.
Dr Coyle: [NAME REDACTED]
Phoenix: Courtroom No. 2
Chell: Aperture Labs
Euden: The Halidom (stealing cause it’s good)
Neku: Statue of Hachiko
Steve: Overworld

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Very well.

Amaterasu: Nippon
Crash Bandicoot: Wumpa Islands
Elma: Sylvalum
Doom Slayer: Doom's Gate
Medusa: Underworld
Nightmare: Ostrheinsburg
Phoenix Wright: Courtroom

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Amaterasu: Shinshu Field
Elma: Miran Holodeck (Based on the holographic field in the character creator. It cycles through various landmarks within the game)
Bandanna Waddle Dee: Moonstruck Blossom (Queen Sectonia's boss arena)
Spring Man: Sky Arena

EDIT: I just realized we don't have a Castle Dedede stage...We could do that instead of Moonstruck Blossom if you prefer.
EDIT EDIT: There's also Another Dimension but that place is an eyesore.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sorry for backseat modding but you know you don't have to talk about something, right? Nobody forces you to post on this thread.

If you don't want to stay on-topic, you can always go to another thread or create one.
Am bored, nothing else to do right now so just want something to talk about.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Why is there always someone who feels the need to shut down the conversation if it involves cuts? Cuts are a normal part of Smash and any fighting game really. As long as people are being civil and not tearing each other apart, I don't see why anyone should step in and say, "HOLY CRAP!! THIS CONVERSATION HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LOLLIPOPS AND GUMDROPS!! WE NEED TO STOP IMMEDIATELY!!"

If cuts bother you, just don't participate in the conversation. That's what I do whenever there's a topic I don't care about.
Because Ultimate is the one game specifically where cuts aren't relevant to any discussion as all the Veterans came back from the get go, and thus cut discussion has no real place in the newcomer speculation thread about said complete roster Ultimate. There's any number of threads that discussion is more appropriate for that people have created just for that purpose.

It's also the two fold issue of: 1. Cut discussions always devolves at some point to someone using it as a platform to either voice their personal grievances with certain roster additions from years past or that one addition they absolutely can't get over (usually ends up being Plant or Corrin for example) or 2. To voice some personal perception of the roster that needs to be altered moving forward (Devaluing certain third parties or writing them off as "promotional reps" just to tie it back even further).

Frankly, it's unproductive discussion that has no real place in Ultimate's discourse, let alone in a thread speculating about the newcomers the game might get. It's always felt telling that after Ultimate achieves a near dream like reality of making such discussions irrelevant and including all characters specifically for the fans, that some people's first inclination towards the game is start talking about how methodically they'd take a scalpel to the game's roster as well.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Sorry for backseat modding but you know you don't have to talk about something, right? Nobody forces you to post on this thread.

"Sorry for backseat modding", says the man who was once a mod.

The instincts, they never leave ya.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Has there been any leaks lately? Even obvious fakes will do, I could use a larf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom