• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Worse, if a Direct occurs, I can't watch it live. Gonna be real hard to wait until 9 at night (est) to watch a Direct no spoilers
At this rate, it would be best if I didn't see it so I don't get to feel disappointment firsthand.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Worse, if a Direct occurs, I can't watch it live. Gonna be real hard to wait until 9 at night (est) to watch a Direct no spoilers.
Oh, it's the opposite for me. I can't watch the direct since I don't want to be disappointed or distracted or something halfway through that I don't pay attention to anything else. I'd rather check back afterwards, see what was revealed, then go YouTube the trailers I need to see.

That's how I had to handle the Smash E3 one. Now I did catch the Smash August one unspoiled except for Simon, but that's because I already knew Simon was in and there was no way they'd reveal more than one character in the Direct.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Hi guys, aslo what's this talk about Fire Emblem with Byleth and Edelgard I'm seeing here?
Byleth is the obvious choice, Edelgaurd is the popular one. If they do go with Byleth, I feel that he can't be a one man act. He's gotta have Demitri, Claude, and Edelgaurd with him to make him unique as a character, and stop him from being portrayed as "bland teacher man". To be honest I feel that the four would represent Fire Emblem: Three Houses better than any one character but I don't think it's likely we'll get any of them anyway so eh.

Y'all ready for two remixes of Edge of Dawn and nothing else?
Hey, as long as we get the full version of the song mixed like the teaser version I'll be happy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
As for the whole "choosing a House Leader vs Choosing Byleth" thing, I really don't think "choosing Byleth to prevent house favoritism" would be a thing. Mainly because even if they're not playable, two of the three House Leaders play significant roles on other routes anyway.

Edelgard is incredibly important no matter the route, being the main character of Crimson Flower, and a major antagonist on the other routes, including being the final boss of Azure Moon.

Dimitri, in addition to being the main character of Azure Moon, is the penultimate boss of Crimson Flower (and his map, the Tailtean Plains, is one of the few maps in the game that's only used once, heightening the importance). He's a minor antagonist on Verdant Wind and only appears as a ghostly apparition on Silver Snow though, but at least he's present.

Claude is the only one that runs into issues with this. He's the main character of Verdant Wind, appears as a minor character in Crimson Flower and Azure Moon, and doesn't make an on-screen appearance at all in Silver Snow.

While Claude sadly does suffer from this, Edelgard and Dimitri are given some degree of importance on routes that aren't theirs.
All in all I'd say it's a non-issue. Plus the game encourages replayability so it's not like you can't see their story if you did a different House first.

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
The only problem i see with Byleth is the height difference between male and female, so i don't think they would have different gender swaps if they make it. (maybe Echos?)

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The only problem i see with Byleth is the height difference, so i don't think they would have different gender swaps if they make it. (maybe Echos?)
Eh. They could probably just fudge it. Though female Byleth's proportions would probably have to be messed with a bit to make it look right (which is not something I'd object to).

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The only problem i see with Byleth is the height difference, so i don't think they would have different gender swaps if they make it. (maybe Echos?)
Yeah, such a shame that a height difference means that one of them won't be an alt...
If only we had a precedent for smash flubbing heights for characters...

cough

fe corrins.jpg

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Eh. They could probably just fudge it. Though female Byleth's proportions would probably have to be messed with a bit to make it look right (which is not something I'd object to).
I mean, on top of Idon's examples, Female Byleth really isn't that much shorter than Male Byleth. Just make her a bit taller, and you're golden.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hinata Hinata I see you also took a new pfp from the P5 Scramble intro.

Really nice choice.
I love Futaba too much not to use her. Plus I just wanted an avatar change in general, and settled for Aqua last night.

Then the P5S intro just dropped outta nowhere, and I took it as a sign.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I mean, on top of Idon's examples, Female Byleth really isn't that much shorter than Male Byleth. Just make her a bit taller, and you're golden.
Hmm. She looked quite a bit shorter to me then he did on the gender select screen. Maybe it's a perspective thing?

Hinata Hinata I see you also took a new pfp from the P5 Scramble intro.

Really nice choice.
I love Futaba too much not to use her. Plus I just wanted an avatar change in general, and settled for Aqua last night.

Then the P5S intro just dropped outta nowhere, and I took it as a sign.
Looking at the tiny thumbnail I thought it was a picture of Ryu. lol

KillerCage

Smash Master
Censor dodging; video removed
Idk dude I thought this was pretty dope and still is today:
Hey Anthem! Xenoblade Chronicles X did your idea first and was WAY better!
So a guy named Dark Cloud over at Resetera dropped a timer as to when the Pokémon Direct would be announced.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...tion-trilogy-hd.155302/page-299#post-28016676

He called it. He then went on to post a timer for the Nintendo Direct.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...tion-trilogy-hd.155302/page-334#post-28083660

It's happening boys and girls....
I'm looking forward to-
Some of the people on Era are baffled that some of you think Dark Cloud is an insider... When he was hoping a direct would be announced on that date.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ni...el-to-ot3-is-now-in-development.164390/page-7
Well there goes that shread of hope.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvB5ENx9NpA

Why can’t he just admit that he wants Arle at this point instead of needlessly trying to will her more likely than she actually is?

It would explain the sheer amount of straw grasping in this video.
He repeatedly stressed that he is not making a theory; he's merely speculating.
He ever mentioned other "frontrunners" he thought were likely at one point or another, but didn't pan such as Ryu, Doomguy, and KOS-MOS.
Okay. So Dark Cloud is a bust, but...

I'm gonna open Pandora's box and say Fatman for once is actually being mildly blunt with his info. This next week is something to keep an eye on.

View attachment 256980
I'm going to my bunker to wait out the fallout you just unleased.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I'm a Byleth fan through and through, but I really don't think Sakurai is going to avoid Edelgard, Dimitri, or Claude because they're locked to an exclusive route. Regardless of whichever route you choose, you have to run into Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude anyway, so it's not like the player won't experience those characters if they don't take their specific route.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'm a Byleth fan through and through, but I really don't think Sakurai is going to avoid Edelgard, Dimitri, or Claude because they're locked to an exclusive route. Regardless of whichever route you choose, you have to run into Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude anyway, so it's not like the player won't experience those characters if they don't take their specific route.
True but with the huge theme of choice I'd say that it would be best if all three were utilized in some way, and Byleth is the best way to do that without making three characters. Though swapping between the lords Pokémon Trainer style would be pretty neat...

You know what? Disregard my first sentence. The Fire Emblem: Three Houses character should be Demitri, Claude, and Edelgaurd, even if it means we won't get them until the next game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
True but with the huge theme of choice I'd say that it would be best if all three were utilized in some way, and Byleth is the best way to do that without making three characters. Though swapping between the lords Pokémon Trainer style would be pretty neat...

You know what? Disregard my first sentence. The Fire Emblem: Three Houses character should be Demitri, Claude, and Edelgaurd, even if it means we won't get them until the next game.
Ok but that directly goes against the game's themes of inevitable conflict that cannot simply be resolved by words

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
Yeah, such a shame that a height difference means that one of them won't be an alt...
If only we had a precedent for smash flubbing heights for characters...

cough

View attachment 256996
I actually didn’t know that, but to be fair Corrin and Robin had a lot of customization options, Byleth didn't. You are right though, they will probably just have the same height, (If Sakurai picks Byleth over Eddie).

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Ok but that directly goes against the game's themes of inevitable conflict that cannot simply be resolved by words
More than that, it goes agains the theme of "WE ONLY HAVE SO MUCH MONEY TO INVEST INTO 3 SEPARATE UNIQUE CHARACTERS AND WE AINT GONNA SPEND IT ALL FOR ONE GAME."

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Okay. So Dark Cloud is a bust, but...

I'm gonna open Pandora's box and say Fatman for once is actually being mildly blunt with his info. This next week is something to keep an eye on.

View attachment 256980
Oh Bold...not you too...

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm sorry friend...but it has to be done before it spreads any further.

I hope you can forgive me.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
*unironic gun memes in 2020*
Aight bro that's it, I'll use the weapon of my final form to defest you
View attachment 257001

Also this is from a children's show so **** the argument that CERO won't allow 'real' guns in Smash
do i ever post unironically here gwen

seriously everything i post is ironic

e

D

Deleted member

View attachment 257001

Also this is from a children's show so **** the argument that CERO won't allow 'real' guns in Smash
I would summon Deleto Blue to aid you out, but the amount of swearing would get me banned from the site.

D

Deleted member

Okay look. If WW 1 could go on holiday, Fodlan can settle their differences to play Smash Bros for a bit.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

I actually agree with this, I like the idea of giving Byleth an adjutant mechanic. Byleth would have one of Claude, Edelgard, or Dimitri following them in the background, slightly altering their stats (Edelgard reduces mobility but increases attack, Claude reduces attack but increases mobility, and Dimitri is balanced between the two attributes) and having them step forward for a special attack (Edelgard performs a large, vertical swing as an anti-air, Dimitri stabs forward three times as a disjoint, and Claude shoots an arrow as a projectile). The House Leaders would follow Byleth's movements, but would lag slightly behind them and can get de-sync if Byleth is knocked away, so spacing them through Byleth would be the main challenge in properly utilizing your house leader.

Alternatively, Sakurai just puts them in a cinematic Final Smash.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 257001

You can't silence the guns, Gwen. The guns only silence you.

Wow that is darker than I intended it to be.

D

Deleted member

Edelgard doesn't have time for holiday, her ass is waiting for people to go on holiday and THEN attack. Claude would do the same, he commits war crimes after all
Don't give me that ****. Edelgard has all the time in the world if she paints and spends all night coming up with team names.

♕Pretty Roger♕

God Roger
NNID
RogelioWii
3DS FC
0602-6365-8680
Switch FC
SW-2762-7992-4597
I wonder why people never talk about the fourth house leader
Rhea
FECE28C0-4B9A-4184-8927-0481F5D437A1.jpeg

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Edelgard doesn't have time for holiday, her ass is waiting for people to go on holiday and THEN attack. Claude would do the same, he commits war crimes after all
Don't worry. I told him that fire is unacceptable.

I actually agree with this, I like the idea of giving Byleth an adjutant mechanic. Byleth would have one of Claude, Edelgard, or Dimitri following them in the background, slightly altering their stats (Edelgard reduces mobility but increases attack, Claude reduces attack but increases mobility, and Dimitri is balanced between the two attributes) and having them step forward for a special attack (Edelgard performs a large, vertical swing as an anti-air, Dimitri stabs forward three times as a disjoint, and Claude shoots an arrow as a projectile). The House Leaders would follow Byleth's movements, but would lag slightly behind them and can get de-sync if Byleth is knocked away, so spacing them through Byleth would be the main challenge in properly utilizing your house leader.

Alternatively, Sakurai just puts them in a cinematic Final Smash.
Ooh this idea's cool too! They could also have Sothis's ability work like Bat Within, if Byleth gets hit just before or after a defensive maneuver, he and the aggressor are taken back a half a second in time.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Who everyone pretty much wants for a Three Houses rep:
Exception - Edelgard

Reality - Byleth
(Pretty much the whole Byleth-Edelgard for Smash.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom