• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
Being honest, I don't think any VA has ever accidentally leaked a Smash character outside of David Hayter with Jigglypuff in Brawl.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Why are people making bets even though we all know nobody will follow through with them
...People did follow through with them, actually.

Account bets are just ridiculous and not worth it though. Otherwise, they're often just for fun and that's all the point is.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Deleting accounts is such a ***** move. From my point of view it's just people giving themselves a free pass to leave "on their terms" because their ego is afraid of the embarrassment and mockery they would get if they are wrong. Even worse if they say things like "I don't care about the account lol" since they are admitting it's not even a real bet.

Wanna make a good bet? Stick a humiliating message or something on your signature for a year.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Y'all and your essays.

So what'll you guys do if it turns out to be Farmer, eh?

Cuz I'm telling you right now I'm not doing **** lmao

Well, except for feeling vindicated and very happy.
I'd celebrate like a ************, that's for sure.

Damn all those asterisks make it look like a hardcore insult.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Deleting accounts is such a ***** move. From my point of view it's just people giving themselves a free pass to leave "on their terms" because their ego is afraid of the embarrassment and mockery they would get if they are wrong. Even worse if they say things like "I don't care about the account lol" since they are admitting it's not even a real bet.

Wanna make a good bet? Stick a humiliating message or something on your signature for a year.
Humiliating stuff sounds very stupid too. That only leads to unnecessary mocking and trolling.

Stuff like an avatar change or a name change bet or even a quick title change is a lot more reasonable. I mean, it's a bet, but humiliating yourself is no less ridiculous than an account bet. They're both very extreme and solve nothing.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Well the only things I have to look forward to going into the weekend is week 2 of the playoffs since the Ravens are playing

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
It just came over me that there is someone else I want in Smash.

My Monster Hunter!

Or in other words, got Iceborne to pass the time. We PC peasants can finally enjoy it as well.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I think in all the years of trying to tie VAs being cryptic about things to Smash, it's only actually been Smash-related once.
Not sure if Adam Howden is who you're referring to in this case, and while it's not 100% confirmed that he was talking about Smash, he did make this tweet back in the days of Sm4sh speculation months before Shulk's reveal:

My apologies if this is who you actually meant, though.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
...What reason would V's actor get brought in for Smash? To be quite frank, I don't see Dante getting a trailer themed about 5 considering the easiest option is someone walking into Dante's store to give him the invite or involve Bayonetta
I decided for ****s and giggles to look up other characters V's Voice Actor voiced and V is pretty much his only video game role. Could just be a random tweet for the hell of it

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
NGL I just remembered that Sabi and Verge had that entire kill list of characters before the Game Awards and Dante was on that.

At the same time, I'm back to mentally tinfoiling about what Itsuno and Matt Walker said about DMC on Switch and how that relates to possibly getting Dante in Smash.

Mental gymnastics are great. Also, I still want Dante in Smash.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Itsuno talks about how DMC would need to be on the Switch for Dante to be in Smash. Sometime after that, Capcom starts porting DMC games to Switch. Sometime after that, Nintendo confirms post-pass DLC, which would have to be negotiated a few/some months earlier. Sometime after that, Resident Evil spirits which implies negotiations with Capcom. Sometime after that, DMC3 Switch Edition confirmed to be getting some extra stuff. In addition, DMC3 Switch Edition release date is in next month, which would probably be a good time to reveal the first post-pass DLC fighter.

This is pretty much me right now.
conspiracyboard.jpg

ramon_zer0

Smash Apprentice
Itsuno talks about how DMC would need to be on the Switch for Dante to be in Smash. Sometime after that, Capcom starts porting DMC games to Switch. Sometime after that, Nintendo confirms post-pass DLC, which would have to be negotiated a few/some months earlier. Sometime after that, Resident Evil spirits which implies negotiations with Capcom. Sometime after that, DMC3 Switch Edition confirmed to be getting some extra stuff. In addition, DMC3 Switch Edition release date is in next month, which would probably be a good time to reveal the first post-pass DLC fighter.
Now see, I'm like that with one difference which makes my mental state worse: I'm doing this all under the assumption that Dante is DLC 5.

It's pretty much thanks to the irrational argument that somehow, this was the plan all along. Itsuno's statements were made not long after Joker came out (about Spring-ish) and roughly a month before DMC1 got announced and released on Switch. Somehow, my messed-up brain thinks that one way or another, Sakurai and Itsuno both knew about Capcom's plans to give staggered releases for every Devil May Cry game in order when the Fighters Pass got finalized in the previous Fall (2018) and decided that this'd be the way to build up to Dante in Smash.

If it sounds messed up, it probably is. I'm more of a fan of this method since this means we get him in less than 2 months and it would be about friggin time.

Next Thursday will probably reveal all. Matt Walker's dates + general Directs happening very close to a Pokemon one = revealed truths and all that.

That said, I feel like the first post-pass fighter reveal might be saved for something like E3, but that's just me.

D

Deleted member

That said, I feel like the first post-pass fighter reveal might be saved for something like E3, but that's just me.
Then again we have like, 5 months into E3, so I think Nintendo would reveal the fighter within those timespots to keep us in check. Then again, they always have something special for those thypes of reveals.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
This really feels like a Reuben Langdon "I voice Raiden in Smash" situation, where a voice actor is simply confusing certain works that a character appears in with others.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Now see, I'm like that with one difference which makes my mental state worse: I'm doing this all under the assumption that Dante is DLC 5.

It's pretty much thanks to the irrational argument that somehow, this was the plan all along. Itsuno's statements were made not long after Joker came out (about Spring-ish) and roughly a month before DMC1 got announced and released on Switch. Somehow, my messed-up brain thinks that one way or another, Sakurai and Itsuno both knew about Capcom's plans to give staggered releases for every Devil May Cry game in order when the Fighters Pass got finalized in the previous Fall (2018) and decided that this'd be the way to build up to Dante in Smash.

If it sounds messed up, it probably is. I'm more of a fan of this method since this means we get him in less than 2 months and it would be about friggin time.

Next Thursday will probably reveal all. Matt Walker's dates + general Directs happening very close to a Pokemon one = revealed truths and all that.

If they're keeping pace with what Sakurai said (3 DLC characters at a time as of December 2018), it would be really strange to see nothing until E3 2020. Presumably they have been working on the first post pass fighter since Banjo & Kazooie were released in September 2019, which was over 4 months ago already and by E3 2020 would have been a full 9 months...

But then there's the wrinkle that it seems like Banjo & Kazooie's presentation was recorded only 2 days after Hero's presentation, which was in July and it presumably contained info regarding their decision to make more fighters and had Terry ready in some form. Which is to say, at a bare minimum they have conceptualized additional fighters since Summer 2019 and their wording in the September 2019 Direct was "now in development" which means that, at the very least, the first post pass fighter has been worked on for some time.

I just really don't see us going from potentially January 2020 to June 2020 with absolutely nothing when their development pipeline has been so effective in the past and they've already been working on post pass for a substantial amount of time already.

I also feel like the Devil May Cry shenanigans started a little too late for Dante to be Fighter's Pass #5 and have some grand connection. Like I could see Dante as #5 still, but he seems far more set up for the grand slam post pass than as the final fighter of the pass.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
...What reason would V's actor get brought in for Smash? To be quite frank, I don't see Dante getting a trailer themed about 5 considering the easiest option is someone walking into Dante's store to give him the invite or involve Bayonetta
I mean as a Dante supporter if in his trailer Bayonetta doesn't appear I'm not buying him lmao

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm probably reading this wrong, but if you are saying Verg and Sabi wouldn't screw up, then oof

Say your account goodbye
Watch this end like with Erdrick and Vergeben saves another person's account.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
So Arc System Works revealed a massive crossover action platformer called Code Shifter.

Just for the Kunio fans, his relevance will never stop.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So Arc System Works revealed a massive crossover action platformer called Code Shifter.

Just for the Kunio fans, his relevance will never stop.
I'm curious about the project as well. From what I'm getting, it has 30 playable Arcsys characters (plus their OC protag) as well as 70 summon-like characters.

Kinda makes me wonder if Arcsys would pull an SNK if they got into Smash...

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The ArcSys crossover also has a fighting game mode.

It's ****ing wild seeing Billy & Jimmy Lee and Kunio/Riki in the same game with those throwback sprites. I also love how this shows the River City Girls are seen as Arcsys heavy hitters alongside characters like Sol or Ragna. What an awesome surprise.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Langdon never voiced Raiden, that's Quinten Flynn
My bad. He did Mo-Cap for Raiden instead. However, in an interview he said "I play Raiden in Smash Bros", leading some to believe he'd voice him in Wii U/3DS, when he was actually just talking about doing Mo-Cap for PSABR.

D

Deleted member

These guys are professional, unless one of them is Tom Holland, I don't think they'll be spoiling anything.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
But the maintenance going on until the 31st...Doesn't that mean were waiting until February?
maintenance until feburary does not equal no announcements until feburary

in the context of smash, it's very feasible that a fighter is announced this month and isn't added until after maintenance finishes next month

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
maintenance until feburary does not equal no announcements until feburary

in the context of smash, it's very feasible that a fighter is announced this month and isn't added until after maintenance finishes next month
Well call it a gut feeling of mine but I'm feeling that's how much longer were probably gonna have to wait anyways...

D

Deleted member

At this point instead of complaining about no direct or no characters, why don't we try just talking about series in General for Smash like we did back in November.

Remember kids, complaining only makes the passage of time feel longer :secretkpop:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom