• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
I really think Saber is a big contender on this front. The Fate series has been topping Comiket for a while now, not to mention that Fate GO is one of the highest grossing mobile games in the world. Her only issue is if Sakurai would want to pick another sword-wielding knight. Reimu on the other hand has a unique flair in being a miko, and is really the best choice if you want to represent the doujinshi scene as a whole.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I'm not against Touhou in Smash, I'd like Reimu or Marisa in Smash actually, though I think that if they really want to aim to the Otaku culture, they'll likely go for Miku instead... because Miku is still something that appeals to otaku, but she's also well known in the west.... I mean, in my country, I've seen more than once articles about Miku/vocaloid on newspapers and stuff; if you know enough about general culture, you probably know Miku even if you aren't an otaku.

Technically Miku didn't originate in a videogame, but I think they would find a way to justify her regardless.

EDIT: though, considering how Vocaloid games are usually developed by Sega and we already have a Sega character in the pass, it's a bit unlikely IMO.
There's also the point that Persona is IMO already pretty "otaku" too, so maybe they aren't all that interested in putting another character of that type.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't see an Otaku appealing character in Smash, seems niche. I thought we already have characters like that in Smash like the FE cast and stuff like Palutena.

Robdelia

Smash Apprentice
If we are going to discuss the codenames for a bit, I'd just like to lay out my thoughts:
Packu: One could argue that since Piranha Plant was revealed before we even had access to the files, they didn't need to hide him. I'm not sure if the other base game characters like K Rool or Incineroar have codenames like Joker's, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were more simple.
Jack: The issue with Joker's codename is that hindsight is 20/20. If Joker wasn't announced before we found the codename, I guarantee you that Joker would be one of the lesser predictions. People would be going nuts for the fact that Raiden from Metal Gear is teased in the files as a newcomer. And if someone did make the Jack Frost connection, it would be hard to say which Persona character (or if even was a Persona character because SMT is also a thing) was in the files.
Doyle: An even more obscure codename that hints more at someone like Professor Layton than it does Arsene.
With all this in mind, I believe that the codename Brave is too on the nose to be Erdrick. With how many other degrees of separation the other codenames have, I think that having a codename that's just one step away from Erdrick is too simple. I think Brave is a character that the community has not considered at all.
This isn't even bringing up the idea that maybe Brave isn't the second DLC character, because we know they've been working on the third on as well since launch. I think it would be pretty funny if that were the case.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I don't see an Otaku appealing character in Smash, seems niche. I thought we already have characters like that in Smash like the FE cast and stuff like Palutena.
Though I don't think FE and Kid Icarus would classify as otaku series... I mean, every franchise has at least one otaku that's obsessed over it (I'm sure that even stuff like Metal Gear have their army of otaku, that, as previously discussed, means more or less just "nerds" but Japanese), but franchises like Touhou and Vocaloid are well known for having a huge following in the otaku culture, they are big otaku icons, Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus not so much.

Think of stuff such as Dungeons & Dragons and Star Trek in occident.

I also doubt they would try to appeal to otaku anyway, and as I said, I think that Persona is slighty otaku-oriented already (definitely more compared to the other franchises in Smash), and this makes me think that it's very unlikely that they will bring another character from a series that's even more "otaku" than that, especially in the same fighter pass.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
I am very well aware that otaku-appealing characters would be considered an out-of-left-field pick, and would certainly be surprising to many Smash fans, but how often does Sakurai adhere to our expectations? While I wouldn't say these characters are highly likely in any way, I still think it's worth discussing, as they do have merits for inclusion:

-Smash is no stranger to niche franchises. Series like Mother and F-Zero are unrecognizable to your typical mainstream gamer.

-The otaku community is a significant market in Japan. If you consider the countless conventions funded, or the fact that Fate Grand/order is the highest grossing mobile game in the world, the numbers really speak for themselves on how big it is.

-If Smash Bros is a celebration of different aspects of gaming, doujinshi is one that has yet to be represented in any form.

-I don't necessarily think that every character must have the same mass appeal of games like Minecraft. As I said in an eariler post, there is a clear target demographic that characters like Reimu or Saber appeals to, and is one which exists outside of Minecraft's sphere of influence.

While franchises like Kid Icarus, Persona and Fire Emblem have heavy anime inspiration, their presence still extremely minuscule in the doujin/otaku scene compared to the big names like Fate or Touhou. Here's an article of the top circles (fan groups) in last year's Comiket to give you an idea of the types of franchises that are popular:
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/in...-holds-the-dojin-throne-at-comiket-94/.135012

And since you mentioned Fire Emblem, why do you think the newer entries of FE are including dating sim elements? These mechanics were solely made to appeal to the otaku demographic, and they are what sell in the current market. So if there was any doubt that the otaku demographic had any real influence on the gaming industry, just look at Fire Emblem and how it became one of Nintendo's biggest franchises.

ProfPeanut

Smash Ace
The way I see it, Sakurai likes games for being games foremost, not aesthetic pleasers. If an "anime" game like Fate or Touhou is getting in, it has to be primarily from the merits of its gameplay.

I don't see them getting in just because visual novels or anime games haven't been repped yet. Those games don't exist in their own bubble where the objective best of them is immediately given a spot. Instead, I think they're compared with all the other games up for consideration, competing with the Minecrafts and Dragon Quests out there for Sakurai's attention. I say the same thing about indie games - whatever game gets in is going to be one that's worthy of inclusion all on its own, even when stacked against all the other heavy-hitters in the industry.

Personally speaking, though, Persona 5 is pretty "anime" enough for me. The characters are drawn in an anime style, its fanbase loves for similar anime reasons, and the game itself can even be experienced as a sort of visual novel. I'd be surprised if someone on the Fighter Pass will end up weighing the selection even more towards anime, rather than balancing the thematics out via a more diverse selection.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
The way I see it, Sakurai likes games for being games foremost, not aesthetic pleasers. If an "anime" game like Fate or Touhou is getting in, it has to be primarily from the merits of its gameplay.

I don't see them getting in just because visual novels or anime games haven't been repped yet. Those games don't exist in their own bubble where the objective best of them is immediately given a spot. Instead, I think they're compared with all the other games up for consideration, competing with the Minecrafts and Dragon Quests out there for Sakurai's attention. I say the same thing about indie games - whatever game gets in is going to be one that's worthy of inclusion all on its own, even when stacked against all the other heavy-hitters in the industry.

Personally speaking, though, Persona 5 is pretty "anime" enough for me. The characters are drawn in an anime style, its fanbase loves for similar anime reasons, and the game itself can even be experienced as a sort of visual novel. I'd be surprised if someone on the Fighter Pass will end up weighing the selection even more towards anime, rather than balancing the thematics out via a more diverse selection.
On the contrary, Touhou is a series known for its intense gameplay. It's the driving franchise behind the bullet hell sub-genre of SHMUPs. It's also one of the biggest influences on Undertale, from the music to bullet hell aspects (Toby Fox has mentioned this on multiple occasions). Here's a gameplay sample if you're interested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFtjBka9iAA

Last edited:

thisjustin2001

Smash Apprentice
I'm not against Touhou in Smash, I'd like Reimu or Marisa in Smash actually, though I think that if they really want to aim to the Otaku culture, they'll likely go for Miku instead... because Miku is still something that appeals to otaku, but she's also well known in the west.... I mean, in my country, I've seen more than once articles about Miku/vocaloid on newspapers and stuff; if you know enough about general culture, you probably know Miku even if you aren't an otaku.

Technically Miku didn't originate in a videogame, but I think they would find a way to justify her regardless.

EDIT: though, considering how Vocaloid games are usually developed by Sega and we already have a Sega character in the pass, it's a bit unlikely IMO.
There's also the point that Persona is IMO already pretty "otaku" too, so maybe they aren't all that interested in putting another character of that type.
I think Miku is the only character in this whole otaku discussion that has a chance of getting in. Sure, I could see a Smash DLC character being one that's a bit obscure in the West but, I do not see a character that is virtually unrecognizable in the West. I think if Nintendo were to add a character just for the sake of pandering to otakus, I think they would've done it in the base roster. If people don't like a character in the Fighter Pass, they'll just skip that Challenger Pack, so adding a character that even hardcore gamers wouldn't be likely to recognize is like throwing money down the toilet. I'm sorry if this sounds a little harsh, but I don't see most of these characters happening. With that said, out of the otaku characters brought up, I do think Miku has a very slim chance, and I think her stage and music pack would be really cool.

NobleClamtasm

Smash Journeyman
I think Miku is the only character in this whole otaku discussion that has a chance of getting in. Sure, I could see a Smash DLC character being one that's a bit obscure in the West but, I do not see a character that is virtually unrecognizable in the West. I think if Nintendo were to add a character just for the sake of pandering to otakus, I think they would've done it in the base roster. If people don't like a character in the Fighter Pass, they'll just skip that Challenger Pack, so adding a character that even hardcore gamers wouldn't be likely to recognize is like throwing money down the toilet. I'm sorry if this sounds a little harsh, but I don't see most of these characters happening. With that said, out of the otaku characters brought up, I do think Miku has a very slim chance, and I think her stage and music pack would be really cool.
That's a very fair assumption. However, I'm going to have to correct you there on your statement that Touhou is "virtually unrecognizable". The western Touhou fandom is not nearly as big as it is in Japan, but I'm confident that Touhou was larger than Bayonetta in the West during the Smash 4 era. Sure, it may be unrecognizable to your typical Smash bros fan, but you'd have to understand that the Touhou fandom and doujinshi communities in general are far removed from the mainstream side of gaming. Just because you're not aware of it doesn't mean they don't exist.

And I think you're severely underestimating the Smash Bros community and their willingness to accept new characters. If you're trying to tell me that a cute, modestly dressed anime girl isn't marketable, then I'm going to point to how large the anime/manga community has grown in the West. Reimu has a very iconic and unique character design, and has tremendous potential to have a very unique playstyle if they incorporate bullet hell mechanics from her games. In this age of waifuisms, people will eat Touhou up and if it ever got a rep in Smash, it's popularity will undoubtedly surge. After all, the only reason why Touhou in't as big as it is in the West is because it doesn't have corporate backing, and the creator, ZUN, being very protective over its rights towards big corporations.

Even if people have no idea who Reimu is, people will learn about her and Touhou, and it's history in gaming. It's happened with the Fire Emblem characters in Melee and it's happened with Lucas in Brawl. You even see this now with Joker's inclusion sparking newfound interest in the Persona series among Nintendo fans. People who would theoretically be upset with Reimu's inclusion, or rosterjabronies as I like to call em, are the same people who were unironically upset with character inclusions like R.O.B, Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt and Dark Pit. They are very much a vocal minority.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Boundary Break finally got some footage for a newcomer I want, so I put him next to some other heavyweights for scale.
1558423341482.png

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pig Ganon isn't playable anyway. His human form is(I don't mean Agnahim... who would make a hilarious Final Smash for Ganon, actually). Shouldn't matter if a different version of him is a Final Smash and a Boss. It doesn't help that the designs are very different for both pig versions(likewise with WW and TP's unique versions of Ganon. As well as HW's and BOTW).

ALTTP Ganon is very very different from OOT Ganon. For one thing, entirely different abilities and weapons. They also have vastly different sizes. ALTTP Ganon is generally represented as being more about double Young Link's size. OOT Ganon is a massive behemoth and more around four times Young Link's size(if not bigger). They're just that different. Sure, they're different versions of his pig form(besides that, they aren't even the same type of pig. One is way more boarish than the other), but there's at least 6 different versions of Pig Ganon as is. And that's not counting the original version from the NES game, though that one is really similar to ALTTP Ganon design and ability-wise.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
But he's already in the game tho. ;P

:ultganondorf:

Its also his Final Smash.
That never stopped Link and Samus though :upsidedown:

:ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultzss:(I could put Dark Samus here too if I'm putting Toon Link there but that would probably just spark a whole nother debate about lore, DNA and timelines and whatnot....)

Or Chrom

That said, I don't know how likely Ganon is for this game (then again, I'm kind of pessimistic of first party characters in general at this point, unless their promotional picks like a Sword and Shield Mon or w/e). But I would certainly love to see him in a future entry one day.
I hope the rumours of an A Link to the Past remake for next year comes true and hopefully Classic Ganon gets some newfound interest for the next Smash as a result...

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If they want to appeal to a specific group of people in Japan, they may as well go ahead and add that DQ character to grab the most people, or even Minecraft and Banjo-Kazooie to grab those fanbases, too (yes, there is a B-K following in Japan).

I'm not sure region matters much, here.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I think people are both underrating and overrating Reimu's chances. I don't expect to see any indie/doujin characters for DLC, but if there is one series that has a chance then it's Touhou. It's a series with a huge legacy and impact on the doujin market. It's the indie success story that a lot of developers wish to replicate, created and owned by one guy, ZUN. One thing that Touhou has over any other otaku popular series like Fate, Vocaloid, or Kancolle is the fact that it has a huge legacy that spans for over two decades. Touhou is ingrained in the culture of Japanese doujins for being the first and most popular name to emerge from their circles. Hell, Touhou is popular around all ages and demographics, not just otakus. A new generation of fans is rising up in Japan. To a lot of kids in there, Touhou is a name they've heard and known since forever due to the amount of content that has been produced by fans about the series. It's kind of hard to browse the internet while not stumbling upon anything related to Touhou.
Again, I doubt we'll see any indie/doujin characters for DLC, and I doubt we'll see any otaku specific characters from Fate and whatnot. But if there is one series that actually has a legitimate chance to be chosen, then it's Touhou.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
https://smashboards.com/threads/shr...u-hakurei-touhou-project.454095/post-22743255

This post has strong evidence that Reimu is very likely based on past interviews with ZUN and general rule for 3rd party characters. If people think 4chan leaks are worth checking, then this is just as worthy if not more.
"Strong evidence" seems to be an exaggeration - if game developers having fond memories of Nintendo games and being willing to work with Nintendo was all that was needed for a character to make it into Smash, then the game would basically be MUGEN, because there are a LOT of characters that fit the same criteria.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
"Strong evidence" seems to be an exaggeration - if game developers having fond memories of Nintendo games and being willing to work with Nintendo was all that was needed for a character to make it into Smash, then the game would basically be MUGEN, because there are a LOT of characters that fit the same criteria.
Not to mention there are characters that fit that criteria and have been cited as characters that were considered for inclusion (characters like the Chorus Kids, Geno, and until Ultimate, even Ridley) that didn't make it. There are characters like this that have made it to Sakurai's head space and gone that much farther without getting in. Sure, this is a point in Reimu's favor, but I wouldn't word this as 'strong evidence'.

mrguy321

Smash Cadet
solaire, raiden, kratos, cole. all melee with projectile mixups, NO PROJECTILE CHARACTERS.

Exiliify

Smash Apprentice
It took noble a lot of time to find this information. She fits enough criteria to be considered and ZUN has expressed interest in working with Nintendo. Geno and the other characters aren't in for different reasons.
Not to mention there are characters that fit that criteria and have been cited as characters that were considered for inclusion (characters like the Chorus Kids, Geno, and until Ultimate, even Ridley) that didn't make it. There are characters like this that have made it to Sakurai's head space and gone that much farther without getting in. Sure, this is a point in Reimu's favor, but I wouldn't word this as 'strong evidence'.
So? that doesn't mean anything, i just posted information and still already tossed it away. That is still NO REASON to completely ignore Touhou's chances. Doesn't matter if many characters aren't in that fit the criteria, they have other barriers. The only barrier that Touhou has to deal with is ZUN, no other barrier exists

Last edited:

Goonies

Smash Rookie
Still hoping Geno gets in, even though his chances are slim ;( but I think an SE character is gonna get in, maybe Erdrick or if we're lucky Geno.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
So? that doesn't mean anything, i just posted information and still already tossed it away. That is still NO REASON to completely ignore Touhou's chances. Doesn't matter if many characters aren't in that fit the criteria, they have other barriers. The only barrier that Touhou has to deal with is ZUN, no other barrier exists
No one is completely ignoring Touhou's chances, and I sure as heck am not. I think she has a pretty decent shot. I'm simply looking at this objectively. We also don't know if there are any barriers beyond ZUN, given there's so much that goes into the process of getting a fighter for both sides. It's a little short-sighted to say no other barriers exist.

The information is not being tossed away. It's being treated with scrutiny, yes, but it's no different from how any other interviews like this would be treated for any other candidate. I know you want to defend the character you want to see make it the most, but... I think you need to take it easy, dude.

Robdelia

Smash Apprentice
Pig Ganon is kinda weird for me because I feel like there's more interesting Zelda reps they could add, doubly so in the villains department. Skull Kid, Zant, Ghirahim, Vatti, etc... Meanwhile, Pig Ganon doesn't really bring a whole lot aside from a trident, and at a glance, he conveys the same general themes that Ganondorf already does (big hulking evil dude from Zelda). Like how many of the people asking for Pig Ganon would be whelmed if Ganondorf had a new side special or something where he used his trident?

Exiliify

Smash Apprentice
No one is completely ignoring Touhou's chances, and I sure as heck am not. I think she has a pretty decent shot. I'm simply looking at this objectively. We also don't know if there are any barriers beyond ZUN, given there's so much that goes into the process of getting a fighter for both sides. It's a little short-sighted to say no other barriers exist.

The information is not being tossed away. It's being treated with scrutiny, yes, but it's no different from how any other interviews like this would be treated for any other candidate. I know you want to defend the character you want to see make it the most, but... I think you need to take it easy, dude.
Seems like numerous of users here have still considered touhou with no or little chance. I am not saying she deserves it at this point. There are many characters with as much history as Reimu that may have higher chances for a spot. People always talk about "this character" and "this character" from modern games yet those have no real gaming history or legacy, nor the impact on communities as Touhou has in Japan. Its time Touhou is taken more seriously as highly likely pick especially since they actually are getting more support now than ever before and ZUN seems to be willing to allow that to happen. There may be one additional barrier we don't know about, there may not be. I am not claiming that other barriers don't exist, all i know is that ZUN has been the main barrier preventing this because he has been against working with big corporations in the past. If ZUN allows it, then Reimu is more likely to get in before indie characters like Shantae.

I am not saying that post makes touhou more special, i am asking is for people that really underrate Touhou for smash is to reconsider their evaluations based on the information that Noble posted in the Reimu Support thread. There are characters that made it into smash without hardly any big fanbases in western countries, yet they somehow got in. If they got in, then Reimu has a high chance as well.

People can agree with me if they want, but that is their choice and not mine. I respect that, if i didn't i would be banned by now. Just asking for people to start treating Touhou more seriously when it comes to chances, nothing more.
Pig Ganon is kinda weird for me because I feel like there's more interesting Zelda reps they could add, doubly so in the villains department. Skull Kid, Zant, Ghirahim, Vatti, etc... Meanwhile, Pig Ganon doesn't really bring a whole lot aside from a trident, and at a glance, he conveys the same general themes that Ganondorf already does (big hulking evil dude from Zelda). Like how many of the people asking for Pig Ganon would be whelmed if Ganondorf had a new side special or something where he used his trident?
Yeah i don't see pig ganon getting in either, maybe if ganondorf was reworked a bit with his final smash transforming into Ganon for a period of time like Giga Bowser

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Seems like numerous of users here have still considered touhou with no or little chance. I am not saying she deserves it at this point. There are many characters with as much history as Reimu that may have higher chances for a spot. People always talk about "this character" and "this character" from modern games yet those have no real gaming history or legacy, nor the impact on communities as Touhou has in Japan. Its time Touhou is taken more seriously as highly likely pick especially since they actually are getting more support now than ever before and ZUN seems to be willing to allow that to happen. There may be one additional barrier we don't know about, there may not be. I am not claiming that other barriers don't exist, all i know is that ZUN has been the main barrier preventing this because he has been against working with big corporations in the past. If ZUN allows it, then Reimu is more likely to get in before indie characters like Shantae.

I am not saying that post makes touhou more special, i am asking is for people that really underrate Touhou for smash is to reconsider their evaluations based on the information that Noble posted in the Reimu Support thread. There are characters that made it into smash without hardly any big fanbases in western countries, yet they somehow got in. If they got in, then Reimu has a high chance as well.

People can agree with me if they want, but that is their choice and not mine. I respect that, if i didn't i would be banned by now. Just asking for people to start treating Touhou more seriously when it comes to chances, nothing more.

Yeah i don't see pig ganon getting in either, maybe if ganondorf was reworked a bit with his final smash transforming into Ganon for a period of time like Giga Bowser
I've seen Touhou considered pretty seriously, all things considered. I don't think anyone can argue its legacy, potential uniqueness and new genre representation.

Exiliify

Smash Apprentice
I've seen Touhou considered pretty seriously, all things considered. I don't think anyone can argue its legacy, potential uniqueness and new genre representation.
Looking back at the ratings people gave Reimu in the daily rate "this character" thread gave her little chance, only a few actually gave her good chances. Still seems like many are ignoring her though

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well in terms of uniqueness his trident telekinesis and lightning should fare well, and if you stretch the lore a bit, you could give him other Zelda dark mage moves on top of his other Ganon forms.

Still though, I personally like Ghirahim the most out of the Zelda rogue's gallery.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ganondorf doesn't use a Trident in canon. He at least uses a sword in canon. Though OOT's version doesn't, but eh.

It's nowhere near the same thing. For one thing, Pig Ganon is actually far more a weapon-based user than Ganondorf was created as. Sure, Pig Ganon doesn't always carry a weapon, but his de facto forms was ALTTP, his most iocnic design. Each time he's a Final Smash, it more fits Ganondorf's current version, not actually showing off Pig Ganon's true capabilities. Ganondorf is pretty much an updated Agnahim, a Wizard, not a Weapon User by default. Ganondorf is still a Wizard by all means, but he's a physical wizard instead of a projectile-slinging one. While Pig Ganon has some projectiles(his fire bats), he'd be more of a weapon user with range and fierce attacks. A lot of his traditional swings are far closer to characters like Marth or others with heavy slashes that go super fast. Think of how Ike does his Forward Smash, but make the blade reverse so it goes Down to Up. That's a partial style that fits Pig Ganon more.

They're honestly not similar at all besides the fact both are inherently strong due to the Triforce of Power. Besides that, Pig Ganon is known for teleportation, while Ganondorf floats around instead with his power. Another thing is Pig Ganon is highly known for having potential different forms that are all full of pork in some way. Ganondorf has always been a Gerudo with very few design changes. He's either a lightly muscular man with some pretty boy tendencies at times or an older man who is slumped over, but more agile yet still physically strong.

Exiliify

Smash Apprentice
Ganondorf doesn't use a Trident in canon. He at least uses a sword in canon. Though OOT's version doesn't, but eh.

It's nowhere near the same thing. For one thing, Pig Ganon is actually far more a weapon-based user than Ganondorf was created as. Sure, Pig Ganon doesn't always carry a weapon, but his de facto forms was ALTTP, his most iocnic design. Each time he's a Final Smash, it more fits Ganondorf's current version, not actually showing off Pig Ganon's true capabilities. Ganondorf is pretty much an updated Agnahim, a Wizard, not a Weapon User by default. Ganondorf is still a Wizard by all means, but he's a physical wizard instead of a projectile-slinging one. While Pig Ganon has some projectiles(his fire bats), he'd be more of a weapon user with range and fierce attacks. A lot of his traditional swings are far closer to characters like Marth or others with heavy slashes that go super fast. Think of how Ike does his Forward Smash, but make the blade reverse so it goes Down to Up. That's a partial style that fits Pig Ganon more.

They're honestly not similar at all besides the fact both are inherently strong due to the Triforce of Power. Besides that, Pig Ganon is known for teleportation, while Ganondorf floats around instead with his power. Another thing is Pig Ganon is highly known for having potential different forms that are all full of pork in some way. Ganondorf has always been a Gerudo with very few design changes. He's either a lightly muscular man with some pretty boy tendencies at times or an older man who is slumped over, but more agile yet still physically strong.
What about Demise from Skyward Sword as a newcomer?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think Touhou has a chance like everything else, but if we're going to push a character as highly-likely by their popularity and creator or company willing to work with Nintendo, then Banjo-Kazooie or Minecraft are guaranteed (and as much as I'd like them, no, they're not guaranteed. Nintendo and Sakurai do what they want, so even if something seems like it'd be likely, it may end up not getting in).

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm eh on him. Never found him interesting, at least compared to Ghirahim. I mean, he'd be neat as a "true sword version of Ganondorf", but I have zero interest in forcing the sword thing on Dorf anyway.

The only Zelda characters I have any real interest in still making playable are Pig Ganon, Tingle, and Impa. In that order, respectively.

D

Deleted member

Totally forgot about that guy but he's just a one time character and those type of Zelda characters get relegated as non playable in Smash. I don't think he could do much different than Ganondorf with a blade.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Not interested.

He was just Ganondorf with even less nuance.

His only interesting attack was his lightning blade and fans just add that onto his moveset.

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I recently saw a video by ????????????? ????????????? about Eva and Neil from To The Moon in Smash and what their moveset is...
I haven't seen many people talk about For The Moon on this site

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I recently saw a video by ????????????? ????????????? about Eva and Neil from To The Moon in Smash and what their moveset is...
I haven't seen many people talk about For The Moon on this site
Huh, never heard of that before.

However, I do love when people pull in support for some of their lesser known titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom