• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomer: BONK!

Pit 42

Smash Lord
Of course, the only problem with Bomberman in Brawl is that didn't Sakurai say that Snake was gonna fight with explosives? What would Bomberman have then?

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo and Samus both have charged projectiles so i'm sure Bomberman can still have bombs. Although I figure Snake to have the mines that he can set anywhere as his form of explosives. Bomberman should have bombs more like Link. Maybe give him a super glove type move where the bomb charges and gets bigger untill it reaches a certain limit like in the GC games.

EDIT: Even better he can have is >B move be a bomb kick that explodes on contact.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
sonic&shadow said:
its so sad that you wasted your time trying to get people to think that bonk would actually make it into ssbb
And it's sad that's your contribution to these forums, shooting down other opinions without any reason whatsoever. But that's life, I guess. You make of it what you want out of it.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
sonic&shadow said:
its so sad that you wasted your time trying to get people to think that bonk would actually make it into ssbb
I haven't read anything by you that was worth the time it took to read. At least Fliptroopa has some ideas.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
McFox said:
I haven't read anything by you that was worth the time it took to read. At least Fliptroopa has some ideas.
Sonic&shadow, you have 60+ comments, like you said. Have you said anything that AGREE'S with someone? I also read your post on the "if you feel like bashing siomeone's idea" thing, here is your quote,

sonic&shadow said:
i like bashing people's ideas
this may sound like something your mother said to you (and i bet she isn't the only one ) "If you have nothing nice to say, SHUT THE **** UP AND STOP MAKING OTHER PEOPLE FEEL BAD!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Bonk! would definently add diversity to the roster - I mean he'd be the only caveman, for one thing. Plus he comes from a unique platformer (not a shameless clone of Super Mario Bros., Sonic the Hedgehog, etc.). That makes Bonk! more than welcome in my book - but I still would like Bomberman to get in firsrt (I have very fond memories of the Super Bomberman and Bomberman 64 series)

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Lord_Deathborne said:
Bonk! would definently add diversity to the roster - I mean he'd be the only caveman, for one thing. Plus he comes from a unique platformer (not a shameless clone of Super Mario Bros., Sonic the Hedgehog, etc.). That makes Bonk! more than welcome in my book - but I still would like Bomberman to get in firsrt (I have very fond memories of the Super Bomberman and Bomberman 64 series)
There's no exclamation point XD I just added it for effect XD XD

Now I'm not saying I don't want Bomberman here, I love his games and he's a great character. But Bonk would fit Smash Bros. just as well, and bring just as equal an amount of originality to the game. Hell, I'd have both if Sakurai could do it (or I was making the game ;p), but that's not happening.

Just trying to get the word out on Bonk, folks! ;) For all we know, Sakurai disses Hudson or goes with Master Higgins or some crap, because there's a first for everything. But I'm really throwing my own weight behind Bonk, and I've already explained why.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Now, let me pose a question.

Are you opposed to Bonk in the game, whoever may be, because you do not know him yourself?
Because you do not agree with my reasoning?
Because you feel that there would be better choices?
Because he's not somebody that you like?

I really want to know, out of curiousity. I've seen some lousy suggestions and I've seen some good ones. If I were one of you, reading my topic and whatnot, I would agree that Bonk is a good suggestion. I'm just saying that's how I feel. But I'm only one person, and I want to know what the others think.

I just want to point out, though, before you respond, that Smash Bros. is not alien to unfamiliar, if not completely unknown, characters. And that a suggestion such as Bonk is a lot closer to home than you think. I'm not saying I know anything on the inside, but I will say I have a good sense for these things, and I've talked to the right people in the past.

But go on, and respond with your thoughts. I'm all ears, and I'm probably all ready to type back a response as well (I won't be a *******, I promise).

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
I still think Bonk would be a good addition to the smash community. Just think of the sheer power of the head-butt. No character should be able to withstand it after 100% no matter what the level.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Long story short, Zidane is a French soccer player who headbutted an Italian player during the World Cup Finals. Wikipedia it :laugh:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
FlipTroopa said:
Long story short, Zidane is a French soccer player who headbutted an Italian player during the World Cup Finals. Wikipedia it :laugh:
Oh. I thought he ment Zidane from IX ! Good thing that's cleared up

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
If those stone vowels, consonants, and exclamation point (i'm talkin' about RAGE!) can do some damage, then we might just have a winner.

Though I won't put him on my list, I think he can be a great character to use. You did come up with some valid points on why he should be in Brawl.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Shadow Calibur said:
If those stone vowels, consonants, and exclamation point (i'm talkin' about RAGE!) can do some damage, then we might just have a winner.

Though I won't put him on my list, I think he can be a great character to use. You did come up with some valid points on why he should be in Brawl.
The RAGE! attack does hurt people. In Super Bonk, each letter/symbol dealt damage by itself, and the platform would just get shorter until they all broke or the thing bounced and lost another letter.

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
I think Bonk is rumored or confirmed to have a new title in the making for Wii already, so that would take care of the appearance on a Nintendo console issue, as brawl won't come out till '07. He would be a good character, and who ever remembered the Ice Climbers before Melee? That sort of thing never seems to stop Nintendo.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I think Bonk is rumored or confirmed to have a new title in the making for Wii already, so that would take care of the appearance on a Nintendo console issue, as brawl won't come out till '07. He would be a good character, and who ever remembered the Ice Climbers before Melee? That sort of thing never seems to stop Nintendo.
Confirmed new Bonk game for the Wii

I would love to see Bonk in Brawl. Therefore, Mario could have all his competition from the 16-bit era. I can imagine, Mario vs. sonic vs. Bonk in an event match :psycho:

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Now, Bonk already had games for the GameBoy, NES, and SNES. So that's taken care of. But a new Wii Bonk game? I think you're talking about the previously unreleased Bonk RPG for the TurboGrafx... CD. It wasn't finished, but they are planning to do so just to put it on the Virtual Console. How cool is that? :)

TehLittleLink

Smash Rookie
Another Bonk game? weird...
Also if theres gonna be any headbutting characters in brawl, its Zidene Zidane!
sorry for double post but I think its unfair for u to mention Zidane The guy he headbutted said I hope your new baby dies of cancer =/ now do u think thats fair

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
sorry for double post but I think its unfair for u to mention Zidane The guy he headbutted said I hope your new baby dies of cancer =/ now do u think thats fair

well, he was headbutted by a French soccer player. Isn't that what you would say to zidane if he just head-butted you out of nowhere?

Anyway, if the name was longer in Brawl, I would have my name "Zidane" or "Zdne" and be Bonk just to spite others!

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Holy **** do you people take this stuff too seriously. No need to get offended by jokes, remarks, or FRIGGING SUGGESTIONS. Wow. I came back only a few hours later, and already I noticed people have been ragging on well-meaning topics. What the hell gives?

Top Bottom