• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 24 - SMT: Devil Survivor LAW IS VICTORIOUS #1 CHAOS LOSES AHAHAHAH

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
You also say that Pawn going onto your wagon via me and Ram's reasoning isn't convincing either, so is he trying to swing thread attention to you ?
Plus, to bring up badwulf, that must mean your concerned about his lack of presence , does that mean you think he is lurking scum, what makes his lurking (although he isn't here that I know of), different than yours ? Is it a difference of intent ?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Because it wasn't of my immediate concern.
Ok, noted.

Because we always butt heads lol, no matter how early or late. This isn't any more complicated then I made it, It was odd to me because it just seemed so out of the blue. Like "here's a pat on the back, gj". It's not telling I was just asking. And I can assure you I wasn't setting up any situation, I was just curios. Now tell me, what sort of situation do you think I was trying to set up ? Why would I need to try to wield a power struggle so early ?
Quote it and underline it, and show how it was odd. Did you see some possible scum intent? I want to know why exactly it was tripping you up.

It seemed like you wanted to go somewhere, but you didn't. I feel you would have wanted to get in a power struggle, but you didn't for some reason. Most likely because you didn't have enough ammo to. It seems like you put yourself in a bad position.

Because i have a vote and I intend to use it. Just because it doesn't have a reason doesn't mean it doesn't have a purpose.
Underlined, if it had a purpose, what was the purpose? Why were you dragging it on for so long?

Does every question have to visibly help me find scum ? I'm not trying to gauge an opinion of myself by the way, or at least not in the sense of that was all I was interested in. I'm trying to gauge and engage people, if someone says "you haven't done anything worth being suspicious of" logically I want them to tell me in what sense they mean that, it can be very easy to fake thinking something is suspicious, but if I can gain insight into how they plan to read me, or other people, then I can have a better idea of their intent and how I feel about what they themselves post, in the long run, helping me find scum.
Yet they only said that because you asked for the newbies of their opinions on you. Why did you ask them for their opinions on you? Also, I don't feel like every question has to be directly related to finding scum, but you don't have many or much at all. That's concerning. It's a problem.

I haven't gotten "into " the thread yet because nothing has sparked my interest, and the long and short of it is I don't want to have to catalyst content all by my stoney lonesome. If I see something that interest me I'll push it, if not I'll have my opinions of current situations out when i have the time / have decided how I feel about them.
Underlined, is this related to how you are trying to approach the game as an IC? I want you to lay out all the cards, now. Why are you playing this way, and if it's related to the IC role, show it now. You are laying low and it's unusual for you.

Kinda feel like he made a bit of a stretch in order to join the pawn wagon, moreso that he fabricated the defensiveness thing in order to be on that wagon. Also didn't agree that pawn had been playing the "halp newb" card, but that's just my opinion of pawn's content. Like I said earlier pawn seems much to easy and I've liked a great deal of his responses to me in particular, I definitely don't agree with a pawn wagon at this point, and feel pretty confident in sticking him as a town read.
Back to turaz(as I seem to have got side-tracked) , I don't see how he found Gaga's "this will force content" to be mad shady, at that time in RVS the pawn wagon was completely illegitimate and it was started by Gaga, if anything he should have been more concerned over my OMGUS wagoning of said vote, due to the fact it may have catalysted the first of the pawn wagons, not to mention I'd think he should have been concerned that you also jumped on that pretty quickly, so it feels fake that he would have an issue with the person who started an RVS wagon but not two people who were bluntly piling onto it.
Ok thank you.

Turazrok

Smash Master
The conversation right now is about me to be fair. Additionally you just pointed out that an issue with my posting is that I agree with people without backing it up, and to be fair you did similar things with your first point condemning me, although now this is a bit more drawn out.
@Rake how is it odd?
Difference between me and Badwolf?
+ I feel as though you and pwn are highly overreading into the fact the thread says I am viewing it. My browser may have this tab open in it, not necessarily am I looking through the thread constantly or w/e.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
He seems nervous, but whether it's a case of nervous townie not sure how to respond under pressure, or guilty mafia is unclear. I'd like to make a more solid conclusion about it myself, but right now it's too early to tell.

I'd like to hang back more and read a more responses. Maybe something else will pop up that catches my eye. That way, maybe my first random vote won't be quite so random (A little backing is better than no backing).
You mentioned something about almost being a detective. I want you to try and get a conclusion actively by questioning, and looking into things a bit deeper then just speculating. I like the input you gave, but I want you to try to get a little bit more involved. For example, I want you to express your thoughts on me and GaGa after reading my #178, and show how your opinions have progressed. I also want you to TRY and give opinions on current events. Asking people who you don't have a solid opinion on questions, might help you to solidify your opinion. Maybe even re-reading, I want you to try some of this. I also want to ask, did you read my #123? I want your input on this, as I think you might be interested, and it might help you gain a deeper understanding of mafia.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Rake, why do you read Xiroey as null-town? Just wondering.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Alright turaz, so would you be willing to vote badwulf then ?
If you believe he is lurkscum, why aren't you voting hm currently, why is who your voting now more of a concern ?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I don't like how Turaz is addressing this pressure AT ALL.

He is redirecting onto Badwolf for "being inactive" when that isn't even a problem I have with him. He is just trying to shift the pressure elsewhere because he doesn't have a way to deal with it. If he was town he would have an explanation for why his jump onto pawn was bad. Instead, he's just trying to get us to look away from him for a second so he can breathe.

Don't give him that opportunity. Ran, Rake, you both agree yes? I think the wagon is looking promising. What do you say to asking for a claim?

*IC*

Claiming in mafia is when you out your role in-thread. Typically when asking for a claim we want to know your character name, your role name, what your role does (if it isn't self-explanatory), and any actions you've taken with your role (if applicable). Paraphrasing is necessary to avoid breaking the rules (so you can't just copy and paste your role PM or something. The most common time for someone to claim is when there is a wagon on them that has built up enough where they are looking like a likely lynch.

Ran/Rake feel free to elaborate or whatever

*End IC*

Kantrip

Kantplay
@Turaz: What makes Badwolf more likely lurkscum than Mari?

@GaGa: What do you think of Turaz trying to deflect pressure off of him?

@Badwolf: I see you viewing. Comment on recent events and give me some reads please.

@ANYONE who hasn't commented on recent events regarding Turaz, please do so.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No. I need some more comments from the newbies, and I want to finish this spar with Rake first. I also want you to explain your thoughts on Pawn's explanation for the question you gave him as well. Also, maybe you could try looking at if Turok responded to your most recent reasoning. Did he do so? Btw, do you agree with my #206? Let me know what you think of it and if you have anything to add.

Mod request vote count and prod on Mari777

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Turaz, it was odd because i felt like you were just hoping to throw Badwulf out as a lifeline to allow yourself some air.

In addition I don't see why Badwulf is more your concern in terms of lurking / posting less than say Xiroey or Mari.

I also don't see why, in terms of your actions, your voting who you are over someone you self admittedly said was lurky scum. Even if where your vote is now is more important to you, you haven't made any move towards badwulf, which doesn't add up with you finding him scummy. Essentially it feels like you brought badwulf up for lack of anything better to use.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

That isn't why I asked though. I just like to know what a person might have to gain by responding late, wouldn't that just make people more suspicious of them?

@Ran: I was curious to see if he'd respond to the vote or not. (And how)

He's already had several people voting for him so far, and so far he still hasn't reacted to Turazroks vote for him a few posts back.

Just something to help me come up with some more substancial reads.
@Rake: I'm not sure if I can name anything specific, since actions can be judged either way based on context and their accomplishments.

I'm looking for something that doesn't add up.

Pawn seems pretty defensive in his posts. It's suspicious, but I believe it might also attribute to him being unsure of how to respond, due to his actions being analyzed more closely than others. His original posts were honest and nonchalant. When that started to draw suspicion he became more reactive/defensive.

He seems nervous, but whether it's a case of nervous townie not sure how to respond under pressure, or guilty mafia is unclear. I'd like to make a more solid conclusion about it myself, but right now it's too early to tell.

Gaga originally drew my suspicion because of Ranmaru's post (which I questioned above). If he turned out to be Mafia then that would mean that I'd also have a second suspect (Ranmaru). It wasn't much to go off of, since, like Ran said, private chating with other townies is against the rules. But, if I could maybe get either one of them to slip up and maybe give me some solid evidence, We'd have our second most-likely culprit already found. The chances were small, but it was just too good a chance to pass up.

I'd like to hang back more and read a more responses. Maybe something else will pop up that catches my eye. That way, maybe my first random vote won't be quite so random (A little backing is better than no backing).

That's all I have for now.

By the way, question:

@Mari777: We haven't heard much from you lately. What do you think on the bandwagon on pawn so far? Do you think he's guilty or just nervous?
And then the entirety of the post above make me pretty confident in my gut here.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
5 to lynch.

Votecount 1.3:
GaGa [1] Xiroey
Xiroey [0]
Turazok [3] Potassium, Ranmaru, Pawndidater [L-2]
Mari777 [0]
pawndidater2 [2] GaGa, Turazok
Badwolf [1] Rake
Ranmaru (SE) [0]
Potassium (IC) [0]
Rake (IC) [0]

Not Voting: Badwolf

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I also don't see why, in terms of your actions, your voting who you are over someone you self admittedly said was lurky scum. Even if where your vote is now is more important to you, you haven't made any move towards badwulf, which doesn't add up with you finding him scummy. Essentially it feels like you brought badwulf up for lack of anything better to use.
You are still voting Badwolf yourself. What are you going to do about that vote? Just wondering. Thanks for the quotes btw.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I want to see him do something. The same applies to Xiroey and possibly Mari too, but bluntly I've liked Xiroey's content and I'm going to forgo Mari for now.

I'm def down to vote for Turaz, but it's early and there is more we can do toDay

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
So you say your vote was to just see if he would do something? Do you think it was effective? Why or why not. And ok.

Also, don't forget you still have to reply to my #202.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Ugh... Sorry Ran. I accidentally hit backspace and deleted my entire post :facepalm:

Give me a few minutes to send Richard his Birthday present before his router gets shut off for the night, and I'll have it back up shortly.

Mari

Saving the planet from disaster!
Ugh, sorry guys, but I'm gonna have to out on this. I have some important tests coming next week and im just not gonna find the time to do this...

Im reeeealllly sorry....

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Alright Mari777. Before going, can you explain the Badwolf vote?

also just say "/replace out" in bold.

Turazrok

Smash Master
I didn't vote badwolf because at the time I read pwn scum which apparently everyone doesn't believe me on but I digress. No one was voting Badwolf and I wasn't confident that I could sway people on the other hand people were training pwn, and obv I would probably want to lynch scum who I could. Instead looks like I'm getting lynched welp :/ I suck.

in addition to mari77, badwolf was making at the very least attempts at posting to remind me he was there which made me notice his lack of doing anything whereas I had completely forgot mari was in the game because I'm bad lol. Mari could forseeably be unable to post whereas badwolf had the chance to and did nothing.

In regards to potass yeah I want you to leave me alone. I'm just a townie :/

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Turok how has your read on Pwndiator progressed, btw?

pawndidater2

Smash Journeyman
I didn't vote badwolf because at the time I read pwn scum which apparently everyone doesn't believe me on but I digress. No one was voting Badwolf and I wasn't confident that I could sway people on the other hand people were training pwn, and obv I would probably want to lynch scum who I could. Instead looks like I'm getting lynched welp :/ I suck.

in addition to mari77, badwolf was making at the very least attempts at posting to remind me he was there which made me notice his lack of doing anything whereas I had completely forgot mari was in the game because I'm bad lol. Mari could forseeably be unable to post whereas badwolf had the chance to and did nothing.

In regards to potass yeah I want you to leave me alone. I'm just a townie :/
Oh gawd, all this self pity. What says BW wasn't busy too?

Turazrok

Smash Master
He was posting more regularly and continued to whereas mari didn't at all don't pretend like it's similar.

I still think he's scum ran. He's doing similar things that I did to make everyone think I was scum why not use that logic.

Turazrok

Smash Master
EBWOP

Pushing stuff onto me + ignoring badwolf too doesn't help him in my eyes.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
How confident in him being scum are you? Also, does my start of the push contribute to your confidence? Be honest. Also, who do you think he is scum with (and why)? What is your thoughts on Xiroey?

Turazrok

Smash Master
I claimed vanilla townie. I'm fairly confident with pwn scum. I think badwolf may be scum as well

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah but go into the description after it please. What's the FLAVOR. You know, your character after it says vanilla townie

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Don't quote it exactly by the way. Just paraphrase.

Turazrok

Smash Master
You're the local who's upset with stuff going on. You own a bar on the shanty side of town, poor business, wonder why. You decide to go fix ****.

or some such

Top Bottom