• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Unlockable Characters Unveiled On Smash Bros. Official Website

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer

The official Smash Bros. site has revealed two new unlockable characters from Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. Both of these two characters are well-known by now, but they look very pretty in Wii U's HD graphics nonetheless! Check out *ahem* secret fighters #4 and #5 below.

It's always a struggle with those Dream Land types.

Even in a lab coat, he can still do what he does best.

Pit and Dark Pit... aren't really friends.

Dark Pit makes sure his minions are properly trained.
Sakurai doesn't seem to have left us any juicy bits of info in these pictures, but if you'd like to see them all, check out the official site here.

Both of these characters' names start with D. COINCIDENCE?!?!?! Chat with The Derrit on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
It's a bit weird how often they're updating the site with hidden characters, at least to me. I would think if they're gonna do it this fast they'd do like one at a time to keep it going as long as possible.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
It's a bit weird how often they're updating the site with hidden characters, at least to me. I would think if they're gonna do it this fast they'd do like one at a time to keep it going as long as possible.
It's not like people who want to know don't already know. They're just trying to update the site nicely with all the hidden characters

adlp

Crewnaria
NNID
adlpsfko
Switch FC
SW 2193-3260-2448
i dont get it it's just ness, falco, wario, doc, and the one mystery character?

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
It's not like people who want to know don't already know. They're just trying to update the site nicely with all the hidden characters
Well, I can only speak for myself, but when Brawl came out in Japan I only learned about secret characters from official updates on the website rather than seeking out spoilers on the internet... then again, I don't think that thought ever crossed my mind.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
a day later, yall are slow.

I loved these screenshots when I saw them :D

Last edited:

Fluggerson

Smash Apprentice
I hope we get a DH or Bowser Jr. Trailer. Even if the game is out, I really want one because those trailers are so good

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I don't get why Sakurai didn't update the site and include Ganondorf because he already leak him.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Sakurai: "I want to avoid cloning characters this time."
Dark Pit and Pit
Dr. Mario and Mario
Toon Link and Link
Ganondorf and Captain Falcon

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Oh cool. I'm so happy that they're putting the best up first!

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
So Sakurai updates the site yesterday with clones and then proceeds to call clone haters, "children", the following day. I think that comment is very out of line and Sakurai should just learn how to make alternate costumes, but that's for another time.

Jmcpappy

Smash Cadet
This morning, the official Smash Bros. site revealed two new unlockable characters from Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS.
This morning!?! you guys are soooo late, this was out a WHILE ago :p I know keeping up with all the news is hard... but at least get the facts straight, lul.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
So Sakurai updates the site yesterday with clones and then proceeds to call clone haters, "children", the following day. I think that comment is very out of line and Sakurai should just learn how to make alternate costumes, but that's for another time.
URL? I haven't heard of this. Where did you see something like this, or are you just making stuff up to badmouth someone?

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
URL? I haven't heard of this. Where did you see something like this, or are you just making stuff up to badmouth someone?
Sakurai actually did say that, however, he is perfectly justified in doing so. After all, some Smash fans literally are children, while others unfortunately aren't.

hdubard14

Smash Rookie
NNID
hdubard
Sakurai: "I want to avoid cloning characters this time."
Dark Pit and Pit
Dr. Mario and Mario
Toon Link and Link
Ganondorf and Captain Falcon
lol. Honestly, I don't mind clones... I like the same move set with a different person using it. It's kind of like placing a cars engine and such into a new body.. The same, but different.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I don't think Sakurai said it to be condescending, I think he was saying that since so many smash fans are children it can't really be helped.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
That picture of Pit and Dark Pit fighting is totally gonna be my new wallpaper.
I must admit I'm somewhat of a hater... HOWEVER... they do look rather beautiful. I'd be less upset about their inclusion if I didn't lose Lucas, Snake & Wolf.

:-/ I don't know when I'll get over it. (NEVER!)

That said, I'm still extremely happy about the massive and unique roster we've got.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Wait, is food still 2D images even in the Wii U version of the game ?
It wasn't 2D due to limitations, It is simple japanese humor of putting realistic photos into a cartoony environment.

NNID
aiw1198
They were alternate costumes. He explained that in the very quote you're referencing. But since they had differences from the original characters they were given their own slot and they didn't waste man hours.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
"Example: a game is built with such depth that it brings to a player's mind memories of defeat. As a game designer, I can't ignore this possibility. If, in a multiplayer fighting game, only the winner feels good and the other challengers get no such feeling, then there is really no joy at all. No matter how people play, I want everyone to be happy! Is this asking for too much?"

http://www.n-sider.com/contentview.php?contentid=443

Sakurai wants everyone to win.

Last edited:

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
Here's the URL:
http://mynintendonews.com/2014/10/1...-are-mostly-children-and-it-cannot-be-helped/

Ragna22

Smash Ace
Well at least they're handling this with a little more subtlety than with Brawl because now you have to actively check the unlock page to see if it was updated, with Brawl they just threw the unlocks in the open within the daily updates...granted they're sorta kinda doing that already with Ness and Ganon but you get what I mean.

Top Bottom