• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to this

xChaos

Smash Cadet
I'm Chaos, started playing smash bros a couple of weeks ago, and I think I've gotten pretty good in that time. In Smash 4 I main Yoshi ( I chose him because his dair looked amazing, the rest just happened to be good). I also use jiggly, Lucina, and pikachu.

In melee I main Pichu, but I guess my Marth is technically better. 've wavedashing and l canceling down, as with DI. Can't shorthop for crap though.

I partook a reddit tournament a day or two after I got the game, and got 21st of 64. I plan on going to a melee and sm4sh tournament on the 22nd.

I hope I can get a lot better at the game. I've made a point of watching the entirety of the smas bros documentary, and basically every melee video from each major tournament that's on vgbootcamp so that I can be as familiar with the terms and strategies as possible before experiencing them first hand.

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
We know your pain. lol

So have you been playing Smash 4 for a couple weeks now, or Smash in general for a few weeks now?

xChaos

Smash Cadet
Smash in general. I bought a Wii from my friend so I could play Melee.

As a newcomer, I've gotta say the GameCube controller takes a bit to get used to. Wavedashing took a while to learn, even now I can only do it with Pichu and Marth consistantly.

D

Deleted member

Welcome back to the boards!

Last edited by a moderator:

BombsOnBombs

Smash Cadet
Smash in general. I bought a Wii from my friend so I could play Melee.

As a newcomer, I've gotta say the GameCube controller takes a bit to get used to. Wavedashing took a while to learn, even now I can only do it with Pichu and Marth consistantly.
It's mostly muscle memory, so if you can do it with them you can basically do it with everyone.

xChaos

Smash Cadet
It's mostly muscle memory, so if you can do it with them you can basically do it with everyone.
A lot of it is my inability to fully let go of shield before the dash is complete. I end up in the light shielding thingy afterwards quite frequently.

BombsOnBombs

Smash Cadet
You'll get used to it, wavedash is less important on some characters than others anyway. (Not as useful on Shiek, very important on Flaco/Fox, etc.)

Top Bottom