• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to the Baltimore area.

lami

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, just recently moved for school and wanted to see if a smash scene existed in the Baltimore/DC area. I play Melee, Brawl, and PM. Thanks.

Mizuxe

Smash Cadet
I'm assuming you moved here for college. It's very fast passed in general, but now to on topic.

I think that you will find more tournaments and players around Virginia if you are looking for actual set-up official sorta tournaments. I know people in Baltimore that love to play Super Smash Bros, but you usually can't just find them. It's best to just ask people you know that like to play video games in general if they play Brawl or Melee or anything. Good luck finding new people to play with!

CTL17

Smash Lord
Xanadu Tuesdays (P:M, Melee, Brawl) in Arbutus (just south of Ball'more)
Legionary Thursdays (mainly P:M, some Melee) in Savage

Johns Hopkins has a scene currently run by Fortune that has small tournaments now and then.
SypherPhoenix hosts smashfests pretty much every weekend unless there's a local going on.
College Park now has an official Smash club (good job for them) and will hopefully start hosting soon.
If you really wanted to, DE and Philly have smash scenes as well; you might be closer to there than VA.

There's a P:M/Melee tournament in a Hard Times Café on 10/26.
Biggest event of the rest of the semester is Pound V.5. Try your best to make that one.

The details are mostly on the Facebook groups Arcadia posted.

Top Bottom