• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to Mewtwo :D

Vixy

Smash Rookie
Well I suppose the title is pretty self explanatory but basically I'm trying to get into the competitive smash scene and I've been trying to learn Corrin for a good month now but I grew very tired and rather predictable so I wanted to mix it up as when I started my goal was to learn to at least decently use any character. However recently I went back to try to learn a new character more than just knowing the basics and I remembered how I used to be absolutely terrible at Mewtwo and decided I'd try to take that and turn it around to surprise my roommate. I've been working hard the past few days and he's at least my 2nd best now though I'm also enjoying the game MUCH more now while playing Mewtwo so I decided I'm going to try to push through and actually start getting better at the game and I want to start with learning all I can about Mewtwo but everywhere I look seems to be out of date. Where would I look to find more up-to-date info on Mewtwo's skills and also any tip's or tricks I should be focusing on learning ASAP if I want to start getting into tournaments soon?

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
First of all welcome to the M2 boards um if U want somewhere to start would be the M2 guide thread by Sonicninja115 Sonicninja115 and a U tuber named @KillerJawz both are pretty much my idols as far as M2 go's check them out

Although U probably should've ask this in the QnA thread (although I don't know if U know what that is lol) best of luck to ya

Vixy

Smash Rookie
First of all welcome to the M2 boards um if U want somewhere to start would be the M2 guide thread by Sonicninja115 Sonicninja115 and a U tuber named @KillerJawz both are pretty much my idols as far as M2 go's check them out

Although U probably should've ask this in the QnA thread (although I don't know if U know what that is lol) best of luck to ya
oh XD my bad, thanks

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
oh XD my bad, thanks
Try Phaisng, as it is relatively easy and doesn't harm your play aversely. Some tech will just hurt your play. Make sure to look into movement and strategies as well as SB usage first before focusing on flashy combos and AT. Nair KB is pretty good to learn after you learn the basics. Focus on the fundamentals first.

Mr. B

Smash Apprentice
The first quantum leap in my Mewtwo play came with being able to consistently teleport in whatever direction I desired. This is especially important when landing, since Mewtwo's big frame is very juggle-able, and I make a point of making it look like I am landing in one place, only to teleport to another. If you can work it so that your endpoint is on the deck, then you get less landing lag too, and sometimes you can get a punish out of it if they tried to juggle you with something laggy.

The things that attracts me to Mewtwo are that I have fun even when I lose, and he oozes style. UTaunt before exploiting shieldbreak stun because you are a superior being.

Top Bottom