• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Technique: Spring Stalling

Iris

Smash Ace
Zelda's up B also stalls, but it's a bit tricky. Her transform doesn't stall, but she doesn't bounce during the invincibility frames.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Thanks for the contributions, everyone! Added them to the list. Keep 'em coming!

EDIT: Added Samus to the list after I discovered that her bombs can get spammed pretty rapidly.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
First off, this was posted in general a few weeks back. Glad to see you're compiling info though.

However, not to be the bubble-burster, but this is completely useless.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^In teams it might actually be pretty good. I'd have to imagine that being able to rapidly spam Din's fire off of a spring left by your teammate would be usefull, especially since if the opponent were ever to get close enough to attack you you could just bounce off of the spring to avoid him.

AoiSora

Smash Rookie
Thank you very much, Doval, I get it now, except for one thing. How does this let you have multiple Din's Fires? Probably a stupid question, but oh well.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Thank you very much, Doval, I get it now, except for one thing. How does this let you have multiple Din's Fires? Probably a stupid question, but oh well.
Zelda's side B also stops your vertical momentum, so you'd go back on the spring. However, the din's fire has a minumum distance that it travels before exploding, and thus stays on the screen even though Zelda's side B animation has been cancelled by the spring. Then you can do another din's fire before the first one even explodes. If done fast enough you can get a nearly continuous stream of Din's fires because each on will be exploding shortly after the last.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
However, not to be the bubble-burster, but this is completely useless.
Sonic uses a spring on the ground, Zelda jumps onto it. Sonic then grabs their opponent while Zelda continuously pounds him/her with Din's Fire. Once the spring is gone and the opponent is in the air, Sonic hits the opponent with his f-air while Zelda finishes with a lightning kick.
Useless? I think not.

AoiSora

Smash Rookie
Zelda's side B also stops your vertical momentum, so you'd go back on the spring. However, the din's fire has a minumum distance that it travels before exploding, and thus stays on the screen even though Zelda's side B animation has been cancelled by the spring. Then you can do another din's fire before the first one even explodes. If done fast enough you can get a nearly continuous stream of Din's fires because each on will be exploding shortly after the last.
And thanks to you, Sonic Wave. Apologies for my ignorance in this area; I'm not very well read on glitches like this.

Top Bottom