• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Technique: Ledgedashattack (LDA)

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
That sounds too clunky. Besides, you ARE dashing at the edge. The dash attack is just a bonus, making dashing at the edge useful in a way.
Only you can dash in place without dashattacking... which would be ledgedashing. When you choose to do a dashattack, you're ledgedashattacking.

If Ledgedashattacking is too "clunky", then there's LDA:ing, as Thiocyanide suggested.

Ledgedashing = Dashing in place at the ledge
Ledgedashattacking = Dashattacking in place at the ledge

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
That could then apply to wavedashing in Melee. Sometimes, you would attack during a wavedash, but we never called it Wavedash attacking, or WDA. We always just called it wavedash and just wavedash no matter what we did during it, be it an attack, spotdodgge, or edgehog.

ICANTCOUNT, i was thinking about this, but I am no good with the Mortar slide so I couldnt test that. However, while Snakes dash attack has range, does the range actually go outside his own hitbox as in, will it reach far off stage?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
The thing I fail to see is the point of LDing witout LDAing... Seeing as tripping on the edge would be ridiculously stupid, and dash attacking is really the only point of a dash that doesn't, ya know, move anywhere.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
That could then apply to wavedashing in Melee. Sometimes, you would attack during a wavedash, but we never called it Wavedash attacking, or WDA. We always just called it wavedash and just wavedash no matter what we did during it, be it an attack, spotdodgge, or edgehog.
Or not.

We actually called it wavesmashing, wavejabbing, wavedodging, wavegrabbing (or "Grab from a wavedash", "Fsmash from a wavedash", etc.).

How are you going to describe this to your friends? "Oh, I wavedashing my opponent to death from blocking his Fsmash". No, you say "I downsmashed him from a wavedash out of shield after blocking his Fsmash". The same would apply for Ledgedash(attacking). Because just saying "I wavedashed" will leave your friend to wonder what the heck you attacked your opponent with.

You: "I ledgedashed!"
Me: "Did you do it with or without the attack?"

It's easier and more practical to differentiate between simply ledgedashing (dashing in place) and ledgedashattacking.

The thing I fail to see is the point of LDing witout LDAing... Seeing as tripping on the edge would be ridiculously stupid, and dash attacking is really the only point of a dash that doesn't, ya know, move anywhere.
Flashiness. Why do some people wavedash back and forth after a KO in Smash? Flashiness.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Flashiness. Why do some people wavedash back and forth after a KO in Smash? Flashiness.
Wavedashing after a KO in smash didn't have the added caveat of potentially getting you killed.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Neither does ledgedashing. So what if you trip? If your opponent is dead, anyway, there's no way to die from a ground trip.
Depends on the level, truthfully. But yes, that's the case most of the time.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Depends on the level, truthfully. But yes, that's the case most of the time.
The only way to die from a ground trip is to trip right next to the blast zone of a walk-off edge and then trip towards the blast zone or roll into it.

But since there are no ledges to ledgedash on those stages, it's impossible to ledgedash into a groundtrip into death (bar stage interference like the stage changing or something coming out and attacking you)..

fkacyan

Smash Hero
The only way to die from a ground trip is to trip right next to the blast zone of a walk-off edge and then trip towards the blast zone or roll into it.

But since there are no ledges to ledgedash on those stages, it's impossible to ledgedash into a groundtrip into death (bar stage interference like the stage changing or something coming out and attacking you)..
LD-trip on Delfino to stage rise.

Owned.

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
Are we looking for embarassing situations to prove a miniscule point? Wow, Thiocynacide your tendencies are just pure irritating and well...you're making a mockery out Smashboards. Stop trying to make others succumb to stupidity.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
LD-trip on Delfino to stage rise.

Owned.
I'm sorry, what part of the following sentence was too French for you to grasp:
"But since there are no ledges to ledgedash on those stages, it's impossible to ledgedash into a groundtrip into death (bar stage interference like the stage changing or something coming out and attacking you)..."

Jon64

Smash Cadet
Such hostility on these boards...

Anyways, what are the chances of triping a ledgedash right on a part of delfino that is going to end up killing you? It's so unrealistic that calling it a con is just pushing it.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Such hostility on these boards...

Anyways, what are the chances of triping a ledgedash right on a part of delfino that is going to end up killing you? It's so unrealistic that calling it a con is just pushing it.
Bar some weird physics om empty ledgedashes, the chances should still be roughly 1% (statistically).

Jon64

Smash Cadet
1% chance to be in the exact right position that only occurs during exactly 2-3 seconds of game time, more like.

Noraa

Smash Lord
this is pretty helpful, il try this and see if i can add this to my listttttttttttttttttttt =]]]

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
This topic is getting stupid. Tripping from this is just as bad as airdodging off the edge in Melee.

Top Bottom