• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Tech Discovered - Dsynch Upsmash?

Kon

Smash Journeyman

I have to go but I wanted to share this already. Will take it to the lab later today.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I've done that quite a few times. Yoshi's dair hit the purple right as you did a running upsmash keeping thing purple in place.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
I'll keep on trying out some stuff with this. So the main essence is that the pikmin in line has to be hit by an attack when you want to perform a smash attack. Maybe you can use your line as some sort of shield from where you can perform a "safe" smash attack. Also it's interesting: Myran said you can do any smash attack. So it's not only working with the up smash.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
This existed in Brawl, but was generally deemed "too situational".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e3lGxkVp7A

PIkmin rocketing/desyncing eventually became very important once people learned that it made Usmash OoS amazing, so take it to the lab anyway! ^^

Last edited:

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for showing this. I wasn't active in the Brawl competitive days and not even playing much Olimar in these days, so I didn't know this existed. Especially as 1) I haven't read anywere that everything that worked in Brawl also works in Smash4 and 2) I haven't seen anyone telling that there is some sort of desynch smash attacks in Smash4. So these may be the reasons why I overlooked this.

Are there more things from Brawl Olimar which also work in Smash4? If so, it would be nice if we could make a list with this stuff. Especially for people like me who isn't too familiar with Brawlimar's competitive stuff. Since I can imagine there are also some things that worked in Brawl but don't work in Smash 4 anymore.

I feel like there is a gap between what is for people who played Olimar in Brawl competitively already old stuff everybody should already know and what new Olimar mainers learn through the information pieces spread in the Smash4 Olimar board.

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Whoa, not bad.

but I agree with it being "too situational", with the pikmin attacked right then and there and all.

...still, would be interesting to see what would become of it once being taken to the lab.

Top Bottom