• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New SWF Roster Evolution (14-1, break)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Double elimination this late. Oh boy.

Oh man I've got 7 retros? Whoops. And I still personally feel like transforming into another art style completely is strange, but I suppose if it was a big deal, I would've noticed it earlier.
But ah well, seems like it's my turn to go, but it's all good.
It would all be one uniform style, I personally would go for something a la Skyward Sword/ The New Zelda, a cross between Toon and Not Toon, so that Vaati would also not look out of place. It would also allow a single Smash Bros style for the characters, rather than a new style each game, or a dated style based on whichever was most recent, etc. I wish this was how Sakurai handled it.

Last edited:

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman

Added Dixie, Bandana Dee, Samurai Goroh & Wonder Red
Total Series : 30

Last edited:

Fortanono

Smash Ace
You can put me on hold, but if I don't respond, you can continue the game without me. I've pretty much left, but I'm trying to change that. It might not work, though, so just a heads up.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
It doesn't seem like I'll be able to make my roster by the deadline. So, could some one hopefully make my roster for me?

It's basically my old roster, plus Bowser Jr, Waddle Dee, Marshal, and Andy. Thanks in advance.

SunnyDust

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't seem like I'll be able to make my roster by the deadline. So, could some one hopefully make my roster for me?

It's basically my old roster, plus Bowser Jr, Waddle Dee, Marshal, and Andy. Thanks in advance.
K.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Additions:
  • Dixie Kong for perfect Donkey Kong completion.
  • Impa to get the Legend of Zelda up to par. Unlike Sheik, there is no time limit for this character. There is also a better blend of magic and weapon for Sheik, as Zelda's magical abilities are dampened as Sheik. Move set would be very different, additionally.
  • Bandana Dee to balance Kirby out with the Representation all the other series are getting. I'd probably have added someone else but it is double elimination and my roster seems unique and targeted enough already. I also did not feel like defending Dark Matter as a choice of character.
  • Balloon Fighter to make me happy, opposite type of style to the environmentalist
  • Mach Rider, here to save the chick!
Cut: my beloved Muddy Mole. I adore him, but Mach Rider is a more viable retro character for recognition, and as a foible to Balloon Fighter
Reminder that my bottom row is for different variations of 'Summons,' not switch in or out characters. Particularly Zelda's magic meter, and Pokemon Trainer's Pokeball Pokemon.

Honorable Mentions: Wonder Red, Starfy, Paper Mario, Bowser Junior/Koopa Kid, Rosalina, Team Rocket, Takamaru, Muddy Mole

PS: I really like this roster layout, guys. Just want to sit here for a minute and bask in what came together. It tells a story.

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
(You know i might just end this music thing, i usually don't have time to look through songs and does anyone really pay attention to them?)
(Real question by the way, I'm testing you guys)
Not much else to say other than a reminder that's it's an double elimination to get back on the slot schedule.
Were also down to the final five (soon to be final 3) so the game will be over soon after our numerous setbacks, so all said and done, vote once for the one you want to eliminate, explain if you can, and have an good day.
[Collapse=players]
@ SunnyDust SunnyDust
@ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon
@ kylexv kylexv
@ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
[/Collapse]
[Collapse=rosters]
Kylexv-

Smashermaster-

Sunnydust-

Golden icarus-

Dukenapoleon-

[/Collapse]
Click here to vote

The elimination will end on Wednesday 11pm Pacific or earlier

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Think I'm going to have to go for Kyle.
No Toad, No K Rool, pretty lackluster selection for both the retro party and the Pokemon party, double reps for both F Zero and Earthbound, also Inkling instead of newer series which actually already are out.

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
Voting Kylexv because I don't agree with inkling. Once Splatoon comes out, and is agreed upon to be a good game, then sure. I also think it's strange to only have 1 third party character.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
It was between Duke and kyle, for the exclusions of King K Rool, and Goroh and Miis. I feel that these three characters should really be included by now. Ultimately though, I voted for Kyle. Miis and Goroh are one thing, but King K Rool is way to major of an exclusion to me.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
(Would of ended it yesterday, but the boards were crashing around the time, for me at least)
Guys good news, we finally had more than 10 votes since we moved, yay
Anyway @ SunnyDust SunnyDust and @ kylexv kylexv were eliminated, kyle was explained for, but sunnydust appears unexplained.
Though that what happens when you have guests vote.
Anyway no suger coating, smash is out, i doubt anyone is going to come on, so its 60 slots 2 cuts and we'll start as soon as every one uploads an roster.
Let me just say happy smashing mates
[Collapse=vote count]
  • sunnydust 4 (30.77%)
  • dukenapoleon 3 (23.08%)
  • smashermaster 1 (7.69%)
  • kylexv 4 (30.77%)
  • Golden icarus 1 (7.69%)
[/Collapse]
[Collapse=players]
@ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon
@ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
[/Collapse]
[Collapse=rosters]
[/Collapse]

The elimination will begin on no specific date, to include that people would be playing smash first.

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Just an reminder that it has been week as of now and only smashermaster has turned in a roster.

@ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus and @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon i have said that there is no time limit in regard for smash releasing, and Will still continue that way.
Just turn one in if ya want, or not really,this is all in your guys hands

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Lost track of this. I'll make a roster absolutely.

Chase

Smash Ace
Wow, this place is still around? Jeez I thought it didn't continue. Queue for next game please! I want to do better than I did a few games ago with some more unique choices.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

I cant find my newer image and I have been again unable to get the roster maker to work. Id have liked to have made it clear Koopa Kid was all the Bowser Kid, added a big Mii banner down the center (or a character space if that is cheating...or instead of winder red), and my row from all other rounds below with Pokemon, Zelda, and Pikmin.
Alas, it's taken days enough just for me to be back on here, so here is this.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
I kind of forgot about this game...whoops. Well, out of my busy schedule and laziness, and for the sake of not prolonging the game anymore than it already is, I decided to use this as my roster--

Let's see how the big man himself's roster does in comparison to Duke and Smasher's dream rosters.
Edit: Is this legal?

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
this is purdy dead

but im mad how like
the whole population has dillon
while no one has jiggs or mallo

smh
heartcrushers
come on omg
if someone doesn't add jigglypuff or mallo then im going to vote for the most likely to lose
no mercy
gg no re

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
That seems contradicting.
You want Jigglypuff in, a character who only has merit by being in the game,
yet you are angry we selected Dillon over Mallo, the choice of Download era game representation Sakurai himself chose.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
That seems contradicting.
You want Jigglypuff in, a character who only has merit by being in the game,
yet you are angry we selected Dillon over Mallo, the choice of Download era game representation Sakurai himself chose.
just because sakurai chose dillon doesn't mean you HAVE to. be unique with rosters, people.
and jigglypuff is deserving to be in. it's plain out wrong no one has her but yet rosters have like 50 characters total.
just because you don't like her doesn't mean she's not deserving to be in. smh.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
just because sakurai chose dillon doesn't mean you HAVE to. be unique with rosters, people.
and jigglypuff is deserving to be in. it's plain out wrong no one has her but yet rosters have like 50 characters total.
Actually I want to add Jigglypuff, but I think that might be too much Gen 1.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
She doesn't deserve it and has no merit to be in- there are plenty of other Pokemon options that are more iconic and plausible.

The only thing she really DOES have going for her even in the actual smash games is that Sakurai did happen to choose her, long ago.
I do like Jigglypuff- she is just 12th rung on the 'Pokemon characters' list.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
She doesn't deserve it and has no merit to be in- there are plenty of other Pokemon options that are more iconic and plausible.

The only thing she really DOES have going for her even in the actual smash games is that Sakurai did happen to choose her, long ago.
I do like Jigglypuff- she is just 12th rung on the 'Pokemon characters' list.
She was popular at the time of SSB64 and she just got turned into a Fairy type.
you have eevee but no jigglypuff. i don't think eevee is more popular or deserving than jigglypuff, who is a fairy type, also normal iirc, and she was in ssb64. >:c

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
She was popular at the time of SSB64 and she just got turned into a Fairy type.
you have eevee but no jigglypuff. i don't think eevee is more popular or deserving than jigglypuff, who is a fairy type, also normal iirc, and she was in ssb64. >:c
Again, your prevailing logic as to why she should be in is because she was in ssb64.
If. This is true, then it need also apply to Dillon over Mallo

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Again, your prevailing logic as to why she should be in is because she was in ssb64.
wat
i fail to see the connection

just because Dillon is an AT doesn't mean he will get promoted to player status before Mallo.

Chase

Smash Ace
To be fair, Mallo made the jump to Wii U before Dillon did,

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
wat
i fail to see the connection

just because Dillon is an AT doesn't mean he will get promoted to player status before Mallo.
+Sakurai gave Dillon much further accolades than Mallo; Dillon is an Assist Trophy, and Mallo might be a trophy, ut I'm not even sure he is that
+Sakurai gave Jigglypuff a spot on the roster way back in SSB64, for reasons we could dispute, but mostly involve her simplicity as in coding in relation to Kirby.

If Jigglypuff "deserves" to be on the roster, which is not obviously not a very popular opinion as far as this roter evolution game goes, it is primarily due to Sakurai's inclusion of her.
As such, it would be the same large point which puts Dillon over Mallo, as otherwise the two are in relatively the same category, in new IP downloadable games.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
+Sakurai gave Dillon much further accolades than Mallo; Dillon is an Assist Trophy, and Mallo might be a trophy, ut I'm not even sure he is that
+Sakurai gave Jigglypuff a spot on the roster way back in SSB64, for reasons we could dispute, but mostly involve her simplicity as in coding in relation to Kirby.

If Jigglypuff "deserves" to be on the roster, which is not obviously not a very popular opinion as far as this roter evolution game goes, it is primarily due to Sakurai's inclusion of her.
As such, it would be the same large point which puts Dillon over Mallo, as otherwise the two are in relatively the same category, in new IP downloadable games.
Mallo is on the Wii U, though. I'm sure most people would have Jigglypuff, but it would be too much Kanto.

The logic doesn't HAVE to connect, regardless.. You can't just say that because we have Jigglypuff that we would have Dillon if we had one of the new IP downloadable people. Is that a rule? no. :I

It's like saying "waluigi is an AT!!!!!!! he'll be promoted than ANY OTHER mario char!!!!!" when we got Rosalina and Bowser Jr., the former didn't even have a trophy.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Mallo is on the Wii U, though. I'm sure most people would have Jigglypuff, but it would be too much Kanto.

The logic doesn't HAVE to connect, regardless.. You can't just say that because we have Jigglypuff that we would have Dillon if we had one of the new IP downloadable people. Is that a rule? no. :I

It's like saying "waluigi is an AT!!!!!!! he'll be promoted than ANY OTHER mario char!!!!!" when we got Rosalina and Bowser Jr., the former didn't even have a trophy.
My logic was in relation to your specific complaint, which was unhappy about both choices when the logic behind them was comparable.
I, personally, would not have Jigglypuff regardless of Gen 1 status, because she is not a significant Pokemon. Generations matter very little when it comes to Pokemon, there is FAR MORE to balance than simply the release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom