• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New SWF Roster Evolution (14-1, break)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
SMASHBOARDS/SWF ROSTER EVOLUTION IS BACK!
Now in a new community!
This is a game based on several rosters evolving while being faced against eachother in a survival like showdown, in which the community gets to vote on which people to eliminate.
Rules to Remember:

-The total amount of players per game is 21
-Players can ONLY join during the initial round.
-If players want to join they'll be put on que for the next game (with limited slots)
-We will always start with a roster of 12 that is different to the one in 64, the end one will change however
-We may have special rules (IE: Only add females, males, villains, heroes, etc.) if you guys would like to see it, or unless I decide to do so.
-Rosters can't be duplicates. If someone copies, then they need to change the roster before Elimination Begins or they WILL be eliminated.
-If there is a tie we will have a lightening round (a fast short round consisting of those two or more) if an another tie happens an third party will end it.
-Typical Flow Pattern:
Break Round: Contestants still in the game build up a roster according to the conditions I set. Failure to post a roster within the conditions when the break period is over will result in disqualification.
Elimination Round: I'll place up a survey for you all to vote on. On this, you will vote for who you want eliminated. Once I return to announce the loser (Who got the most votes and has been eliminated) I'll open up entry for the next break.
-UPDATE! When you vote for someone, please post in this forum during the elimination round as for who you voted for and why you voted for them. This is to assist in better roster creation.

FAQ:

Q-1:Is this a game where we pick the roster that smash will end up with?
A-1 No. you only vote for the one you dislike the most, it could be the most obscure roster ever, or it could be the safest roster ever, if you don't like that particular roster, then that's where you put your vote at.
Q-2:Can we put in anyone?
A-2:Yes. there is no limit of who you can put in, want to add 10 Marios? sure, want 10 links, good enough, as long as you stick to the limited roster spots, there are no regards of who you can put in.
Q-3:Can we cut anyone?
A-3:Yes. in fact no one who is in smash has to be in this roster, want an entire Sony roster, it works, want to have every veteran besides Mario, sure, want no Pokémon to be in your roster, good enough.
Q-4:Do we have to stick with the same roster each time?
A-4: not usually. Most of the time we allow a certain amount of cuts (usually 2-5) which allow the player to change his roster under the guidelines, but during some special rounds cuts are not given, you just have to deal with it.
Q-5:Do transformation/duo characters count as separate slots?
A-5:No, if you want them to take up an extra slot, then that character is not an transformation/duo character, they counts as their own slot.
Q-6: Can there be duplicate rosters?
A-6:No. each players roster has to be different from one another (at least one difference through character slots) if there happens to be two or more duplicate rosters at the end of the break period and there are no changes, the first copy of the roster will stay and the rest will be eliminated immediately from the Game
Q-7: Can I put in symbols or emblems for slots?
A-7: no, you need actual characters in your rosters, any roster that has a symbol or emblem will not be counted for
Hall of Fame:

[Collapse=HOF]
Game I:
1st- @ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
2nd- @ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod
3rd- @ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus

Game ll:
1st- @andimidna
2nd- @Smasher 101
3rd- @The Light Music Club
[/Collapse]
Shout out to @BigAxle who helped run this game in the past when I was unable too.

:If your part of game lll, please pay attention to the spoiler below:
[Collapse=Game lll, Round 11, Break]

(I haven't played any twilight symphony, so I thought ill shove it down again)
As expected @Mr_Anderson was elminated overwhelming, which again he voted himself out, seems more and more people have this pride thing going around, is it good, I don't know
Anyway just like I've discussed with dukenapoleon last time today Is another cut day, where you'll have to cut 8 slots off your rosters, smaller is always better, remember that mates.
Good luck mates

If you couldn't tell this was a joke, my apologies to anyone who gets upset,
Were actually doubling the amount of slots allowing you to get 8
Though I will state this now, we are not going to go to fictional levels of slots we are staying reasonable so don't expect end day to be 70+ something, if you dislike these days where we do not add anything or detract then that'll be tuff, I want to let this out now before this becomes an habit with everybody and future rounds.
So now pointless post over:
48 slots, 2 cuts and you can't add any previous characters that were cut last round. See ya later mates.

[Collapse=vote count]

• yoshiandtoad 1 (9.09%)
  • smashermaster 0 (0%)
  • sunnydust 0 (0%)
  • dukenapoleon 0 (0%)
  • golden icarus 0 (0%)
  • kylexv 0 (0%)
  • thezombiepig 2 (18.18%)
  • mr_Anderson 8 (72.73%)
  • yams 0 (0%)
[/Collapse]
[Collapse=players]
[/Collapse]
[Collapse=rosters]
[/Collapse]

We will resume on Friday 11pm Pacific
:Notice:
because of moving around and the old thread shutting down we'll be having another delay, time isn't guarantee but we will try to get back running at monday 11pm Pacific, use this time to review/renew your rosters if you want,
Please understand and thank you for the patience.
[/Collapse]
:on que for the next game:
@Pokechu
@Swamp Castle
@SomeGuy121
@Afrodude
@Chase
@AstroHamsta
@ GreenReaperGod GreenReaperGod
And the Game Begins . . .
:Warning:
:Mostly everything below is unfinished:
[Collapse=Players Remaining]
[/Collapse]
[Collapse=Last Round Votes]
[/Collapse]
[Collapse=Current Round Rosters]
[/Collapse]
[Collapse=Elminations]
21st- @artisticgamerxl
20th- @ Bedoop Bedoop
19th- @KingShadow
18th- @LumaOkami
17th- @BlueDrago
16th- @TORNADO BUS DRIVER
15th- @domokl
14th- @a smart guy
13th- @Tepig2000
12th- @The_Sheik
11th- @The Light Music Club
10th- @Angelglory
9th- @Mr_Anderson
8th-

[/Collapse]

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
(Not going to put up music yet mainly because I'm not even sure if everyone will show up)
So finally getting on with the next round, sadly @ Yams Yams gets elminated for not submitting a roster in time,
Also seeing how this is all new, we vote once, for the person's roster which you dislike the most, and if you are an user please explain why you've voted for said person.
Other than that, there's not much to go over, lets just see if this things not dead alright?
[Collapse=players]
@ SunnyDust SunnyDust
@ SmasherMaster SmasherMaster
@ TheZombiePig TheZombiePig
@ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon
@ kylexv kylexv
@ Golden Icarus Golden Icarus
@ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
[/Collapse]
[Collapse=rosters]
Thezombiepig-

Kylexv-

Smashermaster-

Golden icarus-

Sunnydust-

Yoshiandtoad-

Dukenapoleon-

[/Collapse]
Click here to vote
We'll see how things go till Wednesday 11pm Pacific

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Dislike the least...

So you vote for your favorite?

Yams

Smash Journeyman
Well I couldn't post a roster because I couldn't post in the thread and I didn't know this one existed... but it's fine I guess haha. Good game.

Last edited:

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
Voted for YoshiandToad, unfortunately. The cutting over adding thing is rough, and I don't fully agree with Inkling.

kylexv

Smash Master
@ LoneKonWolf LoneKonWolf , could you hold of voting for a second? Why do some people have 32 and others 48? I thought you were supposed to CUT 8 characters, not add.

(I haven't played any twilight symphony, so I thought ill shove it down again)
As expected @Mr_Anderson was elminated overwhelming, which again he voted himself out, seems more and more people have this pride thing going around, is it good, I don't know
Anyway just like I've discussed with dukenapoleon last time today Is another cut day, where you'll have to cut 8 slots off your rosters, smaller is always better, remember that mates.
Good luck mates
And then you said:

If you couldn't tell this was a joke, my apologies to anyone who gets upset,
Were actually doubling the amount of slots allowing you to get 8
Though I will state this now, we are not going to go to fictional levels of slots we are staying reasonable so don't expect end day to be 70+ something, if you dislike these days where we do not add anything or detract then that'll be tuff, I want to let this out now before this becomes an habit with everybody and future rounds.
So now pointless post over:
48 slots, 2 cuts and you can't add any previous characters that were cut last round. See ya later mates.
Looks like @ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad and I got a little confused. So, since people already voted for us, how is this going to work?

EDIT: Nevermind. Question answered.

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
@ LoneKonWolf LoneKonWolf , could you hold of voting for a second? Why do some people have 32 and others 48? I thought you were supposed to CUT 8 characters, not add.
You were, though that doesn't make the rosters disqualified, there's only two rules for that.
1. They go over the amount of slots
2. Break special rules.
We didn't have any special rules, nor did anyone go over, their all qualified

kylexv

Smash Master
You were, though that doesn't make the rosters disqualified, there's only two rules for that.
1. They go over the amount of slots
2. Break special rules.
We didn't have any special rules, nor did anyone go over, their all qualified
OK. I will fix mine next round. If I survive, that is.

Since YoshiandToad and I both cut instead of add, I going to to choose between those two. I ended up voting for YoshiandToad due to keeping Inkling and having a bit of Mario overepresentation. Sorry. I loved your art, and it's a shame to see you go.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
It's kinda hard to decide who to vote for, given the unfortunate misconceptions of some people's rosters. I think I'll just abstain, and watch the round play out.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Not much to else say but lightning round
@ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad and @ kylexv kylexv tied they go back up,
Though I would like to apologize, we had spelling errors, non-word choice, the confusion I take fully blame from last round, and complete voting errors.
But at least we aren't dead, right? Right? I'm a dead man. . .
[Collapse=vote count]
  • Yoshiandtoad 3 (37.50%)
  • Dukenapoleon 1 (12.50%)
  • Golden icarus 0 (0%)
  • sunnydust 0 (0%)
  • kylexv 3 (37.50%)
  • sunnydust 0 (0%)
  • smashermaster 1 (12.50%)
[/collapse]
[Collapse=rosters]
Yoshiandtoad-

Kylexv-

[/Collapse]

We'll be back tomorrow at Thursday, 11pm, Pacific

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
(Still no music, I need to find back getting into a groove again)
Eliminatee was @ YoshiandToad YoshiandToad in other words the supreme champion who had high chances to win brought down by accident
But hey, at least the chances are high for someone else to win now
We'll be continuing on schedule now, with 52 slots, 2 cuts, and some nights full of rest, see ya later mates.
[Collapse=vote count]
Lightning round
  • Yoshiandtoad 4 (57.14%)
  • kylexv 3 (42.86%
Normal round
  • Yoshiandtoad 3 (37.50%)
  • Dukenapoleon 1 (12.50%)
  • Golden icarus 0 (0%)
  • sunnydust 0 (0%)
  • kylexv 3 (37.50%)
  • sunnydust 0 (0%)
  • smashermaster 1 (12.50%)
[/collapse]
[Collapse=players]
@ SunnyDust SunnyDust
@ kylexv kylexv
[/Collapse]
[Collapse=rosters]
[/Collapse]
The elimination round will begin on Sunday 11pm, Pacific

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
OK. I have some mistakes to fix:

First of all, I readded everyone I accidentally cut last round. Then, I moved on from there

Cuts: Medusa
Adds: Bowser Jr., Dixie Kong, Captain Rainbow, Sheik, Ike, Palutena, Porky, Ray, Lucario, Greninja, Falco, Sonic, and Miis.

Last edited:

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
I cant upload files either...
Anyway, I plan to cut Medusa, and add Palutena, Captain Toad, Ice Climbers, Samurai Goroh, and Ike.
I'll give my reasons once I can upload the image.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
OK. I have some mistakes to fix:

(@ LoneKonWolf LoneKonWolf Does anyone know why I can't upload files?)

First of all, I readded everyone I accidentally cut last round. Then, I moved on from there

Adds: Bowser Jr., Dixie Kong, Captain Rainbow, Sheik, Ike, Palutena, Porky, Ray, Lucario, Greninja, Falco, Sonic, and Miis.
I cant upload files either...
Anyway, I plan to cut Medusa, and add Palutena, Captain Toad, Ice Climbers, Samurai Goroh, and Ike.
I'll give my reasons once I can upload the image.
You can't upload images in the form section,you'll have to upload them to imgur, photobucket, or any free uploading photo sharing site.
An little more of an inconvenience, but at least it can be passed

Last edited:

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
Alrighty, here's the imgur link: http://imgur.com/4NtiWhj

Additions:
Palutena: She is more prevalent than Medusa in Uprising. I don't want 3 Kid Icarus characters just yet.
Captain Toad: I think Toad and Captain Toad are interchangeable, and Captain Toad just seems to be a more distinguished Toad. A good 5th Mario rep.
Ice Climbers: Good retro character(s) RIP
Samurai Goroh: I F-Zero to have two characters.
Ike: Fire Emblem is becoming incredibly popular, and Ike is one of few characters to hold a starring role in multiple titles in the series.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Alrighty, here's the imgur link: http://imgur.com/4NtiWhj

Additions:
Palutena: She is more prevalent than Medusa in Uprising. I don't want 3 Kid Icarus characters just yet.
Captain Toad: I think Toad and Captain Toad are interchangeable, and Captain Toad just seems to be a more distinguished Toad. A good 5th Mario rep.
Ice Climbers: Good retro character(s) RIP
Samurai Goroh: I F-Zero to have two characters.
Ike: Fire Emblem is becoming incredibly popular, and Ike is one of few characters to hold a starring role in multiple titles in the series.
This is your roster posted, btw

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer

ReAdded: K Rool, Vaati, Giovanni and added Ike

Honerable Mentions: Rosalina, Toon Link, Krystal, Samurai Goroh, Lucas, Captain Rainbow, Saki, Takamaru, Ray

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Additions:
  • Ike bulks up (Fire Emblem)
  • Falco boards the landmaster and pisses everyone off (Starfox)
  • Mewtwo strikes back (Pokemon)
  • Ray 01 shows up here and only here (Custom Robo)
Swapped Dixie out for return of K. Rool (Donkey Kong); cut Wrestler for the return of Chorus Kids (Rhythm Heaven)

Honorary Mentions: Dixie, Team Rocket, Rosalina, Impa, Paper Mario, Bandana Dee, Koopa Kids, Takamaru, Balloon Fighter, Mach Rider, Wonder Red

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
(I've never finished that twilight symphony. . .)
I almost cutted kylexv before realizing he actually posted his roster above, close call there mate.
Also im speaking about this because I have absolutely nothing to talk about that I haven't before. . . So one vote and good luck mates.
[Collapse=players]
@ SunnyDust SunnyDust
@ kylexv kylexv
[/Collapse]
[Collapse=rosters]
Kylexv-

Thezombiepig-

Smashermaster-

Golden icarus-

Dukenapoleon-

Sunnydust-

[/Collapse]
Click here to vote
The elimination will end on Wednesday 11pm Pacific

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Voted for theZombiePig because I feel that Pokemon is underrepped and that Zero suit Samus has her own spot.

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
Kind of a nit picky one, cuz the rosters are pretty solid, but I voted for Duke Napoleon because Tetra makes no sense on his roster. I've also never been a fan of the Pokemon Trainer having the Charizard, Sceptile, Greninja trio.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Zombie also gets my vote. I agree with the above statement that the Pokemon reps need balance for the franchise, and that this lacks the essence of the franchise, particularly if only 4 characters are allotted to it.

The additional seven 'retro' characters. Duck Hunt Dog, ROB, Balloon Fighter, Mach Rider, Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, Takamaru seemed a bit much. I like them, but I dont like the choices chosen, especially if we are going t add the third strike,

Another F Zero Rep.

Just want to point out what I said about my roster a long time ago; Zelda does not work in my roster the way she does in Smash. Her abilities are based on magic, and she has a magic meter. Her abilities allow her to transform into both Tetra and Sheik, because one makes as much sense as the other. The transformations only last a short time, however, and are not fully unique move sets, just alterations on the Zelda concepts which fit the characters they turn into, altering hit boxes, stats, and perhaps a couple of key moves which would otherwise not fit.

I don't fault you for not remembering, just for not mentioning it for however many rounds as if it did not exist there. :troll:

Last edited:

TheZombiePig

Smash Apprentice
Zombie also gets my vote. I agree with the above statement that the Pokemon reps need balance for the franchise, and that this lacks the essence of the franchise, particularly if only 4 characters are allotted to it.

The additional seven 'retro' characters. Duck Hunt Dog, ROB, Balloon Fighter, Mach Rider, Game and Watch, Ice Climbers, Takamaru seemed a bit much. I like them, but I dont like the choices chosen, especially if we are going t add the third strike,

Another F Zero Rep.

Just want to point out what I said about my roster a long time ago; Zelda does not work in my roster the way she does in Smash. Her abilities are based on magic, and she has a magic meter. Her abilities allow her to transform into both Tetra and Sheik, because one makes as much sense as the other. The transformations only last a short time, however, and are not fully unique move sets, just alterations on the Zelda concepts which fit the characters they turn into, altering hit boxes, stats, and perhaps a couple of key moves which would otherwise not fit.

I don't fault you for not remembering, just for not mentioning it for however many rounds as if it did not exist there. :troll:
Oh man I've got 7 retros? Whoops. And I still personally feel like transforming into another art style completely is strange, but I suppose if it was a big deal, I would've noticed it earlier.
But ah well, seems like it's my turn to go, but it's all good.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Who voted for me? I would not mind the constructive criticism on my roster.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Ohey, so this is where all the action has been.
Howzit goin'.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
(Cramed last night, over exhausted even today)
Eliminatee was @ TheZombiePig TheZombiePig bit the dust sadly, though don't got anything to comment really.
We'll becoming around to end game, max slots coming up and we got to many people, how to solve it? Population control.
Next round is double vote, first and second highest votes are getting out.
56 slots, two cuts, the usual and I'll be back to add more when i get some sleep.
[Collapse=vote count]
  • kylexv 0 (0%)
  • Golden icarus 0 (0%)
  • Dukenapoleon 1 (16.67%)
  • smashermaster 2 (33.33%)
  • thezombiepig 3 (50%)
  • sunnydust0 (0%)
[/Collapse]
[Collapse=players]
@ SunnyDust SunnyDust