• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Super Mario 3D Land, Tomodachi Life Music Added to Smash 3DS

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
THERE IS NO "MODERN SPONGEBOB", EVERY EPISODE AFTER THE MOVIE NEVER HAPPENED.
*ahem* In other words: Most of the Spongebob episodes after the movie are 'terribad'. What was this thread about again? ಠ_ಠ
Well I still think there are some good After Movie SpongeBob Episodes but most of them are pretty bad

Aidan Drury

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aidansapunk
3DS FC
4639-9589-2345
*ahem* In other words: Most of the Spongebob episodes after the movie are 'terribad'. What was this thread about again? ಠ_ಠ
There's obviously a Classic Spongebob and a Modern Spongebob and now (with the new movie) a Boom Spongebob

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I don't really like the Tomodachi Life remix. It sounds too techno and electronic for Tomodachi's simple, fun environment. I like the original better.

The 3D Land remix, however, is a completely different story. :D
Didn't 3D Land have a "simple, fun environment" theme with IT's music, too?

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Didn't 3D Land have a "simple, fun environment" theme with IT's music, too?
Well, I mean, in Tomodachi Life, there's no evil villain who kidnaps the princess or anything. Tomodachi Life is supposed to be just the quirky, but calm lives of all the islanders, while Super Mario 3D Land is Mario trying to rescue the Princess from a evil mutant turtle, albeit a cartoony one. It makes sense that Super Mario 3D Land's music would be more 'grand', if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Am I the only one who doesn't like 3D Land's music? I felt it very bland. The Smash team should add music from Triple Deluxe and Awakening, the soundtracks of those games are glorious.

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
I would actually be okay with music as DLC. Smash Bros. has the best soundtrack of all time, and I would buy music for the game in a heartbeat.
That's actually probably the best way they could implement paid DLC into the game. I mean, having to pay for characters and stages would be horrible, but music does not actually change the game

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
That Mario 3D Land theme remix sounds really great. I didn't even bother listening to the Tomadachi Life one though.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
The 3D Land music's the first one to sound unique and cool without butchering the original (Try, Try Again)...
Why such violence? There are a lot of good post-movie Spongebob episodes, and the new movie looks cool.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The 3D Land music's the first one to sound unique and cool without butchering the original (Try, Try Again)...
Ironically, "Try, Try Again" was remixed by the same composer who made the original track...

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
nice tracks... I'm wondering if Wii U will have all of the 3DS tracks as well. I don't know if all the songs on smashbros.com are actually all for Wii U.

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
Because that's not how things work.

The composers don't necessarily have to re-arrange their own works.

Plus, anything regarding Super Mario RPG has the issue with shared rights with Square Enix. The composers usually don't have the songs' rights, the companies do.
SMRPG music was only remastered in Fortune Street, and IIRC it's made by Square Enix as well.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
It's just as difficult.

If Square Enix says no, then they have no choice but not putting stuff from that game, regardless of which franchise the content may be from.

Rayman is a trophy because Ubisoft allowed it to happen. Likewise, content from SMRPG will only appear in the game if Square Enix allows so.
The fact that Ubisoft (and Capcom for that matter) was willing to cooperate at all shows us that it's not as difficult to get third parties to work with Nintendo as everyone seems to think it is when Geno is discussed.

Top Bottom