• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Super Mario 3D Land, Tomodachi Life Music Added to Smash 3DS

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Earlier this morning, two new musical tracks were added to the official Smash Bros. for 3DS website. Today's new offering included arranged songs from Mario 3D Land and Tomodachi Life. Note that Tomodachi Life has its own symbol. Perhaps there is more than just a Tomodachi Life stage on the way? Regardless, both tracks deliver, as anyone who has been following the music updates has come to expect. Take a listen below:

Super Mario 3D Land: Theme/Beach Theme

Tomodachi Life
Which of the songs from Smash Bros. for 3DS have you enjoyed the most? What do you hope to see next? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit thinks that's a snappy remix of Super Mario 3D Land. Talk games with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
NINJA'D BY THE DERRIT OOOOOOOOOOH

These songs are great. I love the Tomodachi one. :D

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I can't be the only one thinking most of the music being shown on the website is a bit on the meh side. Here's hoping these tracks sound better on an actual 3DS.

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Well, at least I can say the super mario 3-d land one sounds pretty awesome, love that game.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

oh come on yoko shimomura is working in this game why forest maze music still not here...
Because that's not how things work.

The composers don't necessarily have to re-arrange their own works.

Plus, anything regarding Super Mario RPG has the issue with shared rights with Square Enix. The composers usually don't have the songs' rights, the companies do.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Because that's not how things work.

The composers don't necessarily have to re-arrange their own works.

Plus, anything regarding Super Mario RPG has the issue with shared rights with Square Enix. The composers usually don't have the songs' rights, the companies do.
but smrpg is a mario game 1 music from that game wouldnt hurt its easier than putting a rayman trophy

NovaDS

Smash Rookie
The 3D Land one is pretty cool, I think it will fit the scrolling stage.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
but smrpg is a mario game 1 music from that game wouldnt hurt its easier than putting a rayman trophy
It's just as difficult.

If Square Enix says no, then they have no choice but not putting stuff from that game, regardless of which franchise the content may be from.

Rayman is a trophy because Ubisoft allowed it to happen. Likewise, content from SMRPG will only appear in the game if Square Enix allows so.

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
The Tomodachi song is mah jam! Knowing that SSB always have great soundtracks, I'm hyped for music.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
It's just as difficult.

If Square Enix says no, then they have no choice but not putting stuff from that game, regardless of which franchise the content may be from.

Rayman is a trophy because Ubisoft allowed it to happen. Likewise, content from SMRPG will only appear in the game if Square Enix allows so.
ok lets wait until SSB4 gets released and then we will see all the songs

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
I have a thirst for more Smash 4 songs.
AND THIS IS AN EXTREME THIRST!
Wait... What?

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I'm still waiting for Pikmin Music like the one from direct, More Animal crossin like the direct and Dark Lord from find Mii 2 Remix. I want a Dark Lord Remix more than tomodachi life remix. I want some epic action music!

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
Wait I just checked the music composer page and Johnny Van Zant is KNOWWHERE to be found. So yeah, No "Freebird" or "Gimme Back My Bullets" guys.

Geez Sakurai what are you doing? ARE YOU EVEN TRYING??!?

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
don't know why we can't have the mario rpg music when virtual console wii / wii u got mario rpg?! square enix say YES for virtual console but NO for smash bros game?! make no sense.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Pilotwings had its own symbol, too, maybe they're just doing a bunch of game symbols for stages as well as characters so that any franchise represented in the game will have its own little icon.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The 3D Land theme is CRISP. Love it.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Pilotwings had its own symbol, too, maybe they're just doing a bunch of game symbols for stages as well as characters so that any franchise represented in the game will have its own little icon.
Pretty much this. It happened with Hanenbow and the Pictochat stages in Brawl.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I wanna play the actual 3D-Land-stage with that song on it. Must be really peppy ride. I wonder how long the whole trip is though to ensure the song doesn't get old quick.

Tomodachi Life sounds pretty trippy but catchy, kinda sad that I can't recognize most of the songs used in this tho (aside from the main theme)

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I first saw the words "New Super Mario 3D Land" and for a split second thought the article was about a new Mario game that I hadn't heard about.
That's kinda sad, actually.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
I would actually be okay with music as DLC. Smash Bros. has the best soundtrack of all time, and I would buy music for the game in a heartbeat.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
That Mario 3D Land remix is freakin amazing. Thanks music based Sakurai:p

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I don't really like the Tomodachi Life remix. It sounds too techno and electronic for Tomodachi's simple, fun environment. I like the original better.

The 3D Land remix, however, is a completely different story. :D

DirtyPete

Smash Cadet
of course theres more than a tomodachi life stage coming, derrit. theres a song coming too :^)

Aidan Drury

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aidansapunk
3DS FC
4639-9589-2345
Is it weird that I have every song that's been revealed on the site on my iPod?

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
Sounds like a totally different game soundtrack You would never see this in Modern Spongbob
THERE IS NO "MODERN SPONGEBOB", EVERY EPISODE AFTER THE MOVIE NEVER HAPPENED.
*ahem* In other words: Most of the Spongebob episodes after the movie are 'terribad'. What was this thread about again? ಠ_ಠ

Top Bottom