• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New smasher from the South East Houston area

Turquoiseblastoise

Smash Rookie
Like the title implies, I'm a new smasher(even though I've been playing since it came out, just casually)

I'd really like to start getting into the swing of things and start getting practice partners near me so I can get wrecked and learn from it.

Currently I don't have a main cause i jump around characters too much, but I'm thinking of jumping on the pokemon hype.

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Hey there, I heard you like Pokemon :awesome:

Anyway, the Regional Zones forum is where you're going to interact with your local community, so I'd start there. I'm sure you'll come across at least a few Smashers to play and/or start attending local events. You may get wrecked at first, but soon enough, you can be doing the wrecking and the teaching #BelieveIt

Enjoy your time here :)

Turquoiseblastoise

Smash Rookie
I actually decided to speed things up and went to a local smash spot...Got wrecked for about 4 hours non stop.
Then I found my beautiful PM soulmate....Squirtle.

Also, you're now my favorite person Hokori, all that love for Black Lagoon OP.

Thanks for the welcome Tony!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Squirtle is definitely a fun character with how quirky its fighting style is. And good on ya to go ahead and take the initiative to get involved. All apart of the process.

And awesome to hear! My love for Black Lagoon (Revy especially of course) is limitless. Glad you pointed it out :)

Last edited:

Drowzee64

Smash Cadet
NNID
drowzee64
3DS FC
2895-6543-6932
Hey Blastoise! I'm also a casual attempting to go competitive in the Houston area. Unfortunately I live on a completely different side of town, but I don't mind driving semi-long distances and could use someone else who's new to play with. Would you be interested?

Last edited:

Drowzee64

Smash Cadet
NNID
drowzee64
3DS FC
2895-6543-6932
Ah, great! I'll PM you about it. If there's someone else who might be interested, don't feel afraid to invite them too!

Last edited:

-VictoriaJustice-

Smash Ace
NNID
Victor1aJust1ce
3DS FC
4768-7937-5552
I'm only 16 so I'm only allowed to have people my age around here. Otherwise, my mom will be suspicious. If I do get to know some Houston smashers here, we can exchange phone numbers.

Just pretend you're from my school and your name is Donnel.

Drowzee64

Smash Cadet
NNID
drowzee64
3DS FC
2895-6543-6932
I can sometimes pass as a teenager, but I wouldn't count on it.

AirFair

Marth tho
Hey, you are from Houston too? awesome! maybe I will meet you at a tournament once I actually start going (gotta learn to drive first....)

Drowzee64

Smash Cadet
NNID
drowzee64
3DS FC
2895-6543-6932
Do you have your own save data for Brawl? I don't wanna get there and find that none of the characters are unlocked.

Drowzee64

Smash Cadet
NNID
drowzee64
3DS FC
2895-6543-6932
Oh my god, I'm so glad my bosses don't have my number.

Some other time, then.

NackJicholson

Smash Rookie
NNID
NackJicholson
Like the title implies, I'm a new smasher(even though I've been playing since it came out, just casually)

I'd really like to start getting into the swing of things and start getting practice partners near me so I can get wrecked and learn from it.

Currently I don't have a main cause i jump around characters too much, but I'm thinking of jumping on the pokemon hype.

i'm also the in houston area and are new if you ever want to meet up and play sometime man!

Top Bottom