• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Polls- A Kind of Character Voting for SSB4

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone,

I haven't posted in a while but I saw that this has been spreading around like wildfire and I've yet to see a post about it so I figured I'd drop in and let you guys know.

So about three days ago on /v/, a guy posted a picture of himself with Sakurai and mentioned that he would be holding an interview with him during E3 to talk about Kid Icarus Uprising. However, during an open question portion of the interview, he would be allowed to ask Sakurai questions about the future of Smash. So, in preparation, he asked posters on /v/ for character suggestions.

Well long story short, people were accusing him of being fake so he time-stamped and posted a picture of his E3 badge and stated that he would be holding a series of polls on VGTribune in order to compile a short list of characters to show Sakurai during the latter portion of his interview. First would be a 3rd Party Poll and a First Party poll where the Top 8 would move on to final poll to narrow down the list of finalists to 10 characters to show to Sakurai during the interview.

This erupted into a massive thread about possible 3rd Party inclusions and then the poll went up and a ton of people voted. Voting on the first poll ended yesterday and the Top 8 were Megaman, Travis Touchdown, Geno, Banjo-Kazooie, Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, Django and Bomberman.

So, right now, the first party poll is going on and 300+ people have already voted despite the fact it's only been up a few hours. The choices listed on the first party poll are:

Gary (Blue) with Arcanine, Alakazam and Blastoise (Pokemon) (30%, 102 Votes)
Isaac (Golden Sun) (24%, 82 Votes)
Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda) (17%, 56 Votes)
Ridley (Metroid) (12%, 41 Votes)
Little Mac (Punch-Out!!) (12%, 40 Votes)
Tom Nook (Animal Crossing) (10%, 34 Votes)
General Guy (Paper Mario) (9%, 31 Votes)
Midna (The Legend of Zelda) (9%, 30 Votes)

Flint (MOTHER 3) (9%, 29 Votes)
Fawful (Mario & Luigi) (8%, 27 Votes)
Toon Ganondorf (Wind Waker) (7%, 24 Votes)
Rosalina (Mario Galaxy) (5%, 18 Votes)
Sami (Advance Wars) (5%, 18 Votes)
Krystal (Star Fox) (5%, 17 Votes)
Ray 01 (Custom Robo) (5%, 17 Votes)
Zoroark (Pokemon) (2%, 7 Votes)
Micaiah (Fire Emblem) (2%, 6 Votes)
Prince Fluff (Kirby's Epic Yarn) (1%, 5 Votes)
Count Bleck (Paper Mario) (1%, 4 Votes)
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) (1%, 2 Votes)

They are also accepting write-in votes in the comments section of the poll if your favorite character is not listed.

So yeah, I wasn't sure if you guys were aware of this but the fact that the results of these polls will be shown to Sakurai during his GDC interview is exciting enough and it's easily the closest the community is to suggesting who should be included in the next game, despite the fact another game isn't even announced yet.

So, take it for what you will but I thought you would all like to know.

Here's the link to the current first party poll: http://vgtribune.com/smashpoll-2-your-1st-party-choices/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom