• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
...Baby Daisy is in Super Mario Sluggers?! Damnit, I can't use the one-off appearance against her. :mad: But seriously, yeah, Petey's a far more interesting character. Especially for one that also wears a diaper. Might be because he's an original version of the Piranha Plants, which Baby Daisy is just a really lame clone. Hell, Pichu blows her out of the water of coolness.
Do you know how you find her in Challenge Mode? She's crying because she lost her rattle/bat in the fountain. Meanwhile, Petey is found by using Peach's Captain Ability on a potted plant. The flowers bloom, and Petey comes out of the pot. Petey's is much better.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Do you know how you find her in Challenge Mode? She's crying because she lost her rattle/bat in the fountain. Meanwhile, Petey is found by using Peach's Captain Ability on a potted plant. The flowers bloom, and Petey comes out of the pot. Petey's is much better.
Ah. Well, I don't own or plan to get the game. Only spinoffs I prefer to get are the RPG's, Parties, and Karts. Maybe a few others, like character-based ones(Luigi's Mansion, etc. I gotta pick up SPP, though.)

@Linkshot: Yes, I hate the character. What's your point? Also, if you read the rest of it, you'll notice I was somewhat joking anyway.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
A part of me desperately hopes Nintendo either reboots the Custom Robo series or creates a new IP that centers around futuristic technology ala Megaman Battle Network. I need Shinji Hosoe to come back and work on some Nintendo projects. So freaking badly.
Too bad New Play Control!: Chibi Robo never came to the states. It's the only Wii game of the NPC series not to be international.

I want my mini robot slave! :mad:

:phone:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Too bad New Play Control!: Chibi Robo never came to the states. It's the only Wii game of the NPC series not to be international.

I want my mini robot slave! :mad:

:phone:
Well I'm talking about something more along the lines of Custom Robo or Megaman Battle Network. Not sure if that classifies as cyberpunk or what, but something along those lines. I'd trust that Retro could pull something off along those lines, but it means nothing without SUPERSWEEP handling the tunes.

My mouth is watering now.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'm at the excellently named Prison Island, and I wish it was full of ruffians and ne'er-do-wells. Game's a little too easy because of constant EXP rewards for doing nothing and plot is kinda predictable, but it's still good.

Still kinda don't care about Shulk in Smash, he's the only party member I never feel like playing as. Well, him and Riki.
What!? No Riki time. Regardless of his character, he is actually really good. He specializes is debuffs, so you can do a lot of damage from just Damage over time.

Surprised your over leveled. Unless you do a good number of quest. I was usually underlevered vs the bosses (not sure about random enemies).

Who do you use?
It's Dunban, Melia and Sharla isn't it?

I gotta admit. The more Arc posts about DHD, the more I want him in.
Really!? For most of us, it's the other way around.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Inverse Impa? Well, it isn't like I am going around saying Duck Hunt Dog is going to replace Ice Climbers or R.O.B. as a new retro character like Diddy Kong is going on and on about how Impa is going to replace Sheik. That's what hurts Diddy Kong's Impa support. I am neutral towards Impa so I would be fine if she replaced Sheik or not. I couldn't care less because I prefer to play as Zelda, not Sheik anyway. I am not going on and on about replacing Ice Climbers or R.O.B. as a new retro character because I actually like playing as Ice Climbers casually and R.O.B. competitively.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Man.

I'm loving Uprising and I am so excited to see how the ideas presented in it are carried over into Smash.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Found this on NeoGAF. Might be expecting a bigger E3 than even I anticipated. :o

Boring only because people are ignoring a point I made: Ubisoft is going to be showing off all their Wii-U games a day before Nintendo's own conference. This can only mean that Nintendo has so many games to show that they don't mind it if a good chunk of games are revealed early.
This does not even take into consideration that Nintendo is holding three separate presentations over the course of three days (this year marks the first time Nintendo will be streaming the Developer's Roundtable). Man, so glad I'm not working on Tuesday. Heck, we might just get a SSB4 trailer after all! [Not really.]

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ubisoft? Oh, man!! I hope it means a new Prince of Persia game. Seriously, I absolutely loved the Sands of Time trilogy plus The Forgotten Sands. If the Prince of Persia series were owned by Nintendo, I would be supporting the Prince for Smash by now.

vicgur

Smash Ace
This does not even take into consideration that Nintendo is holding three separate presentations over the course of three days (this year marks the first time Nintendo will be streaming the Developer's Roundtable). Man, so glad I'm not working on Tuesday. Heck, we might just get a SSB4 trailer after all!
WHAT!? REALLY!?
OMG, this E3 is really gonna be epic, and looks like Nintendo knows it!

****, I have to change my pants. :c

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
WHAT!? REALLY!?
OMG, this E3 is really gonna be epic, and looks like Nintendo knows it!

****, I have to change my pants. :c
Yeah, somebody mentioned it over on NeoGAF talking about how Nintendo is having three separate streams going on through out the week. Let me go back and verify it.

For excitable Internet fans of E3 videos, Nintendo will be delivering four important items to your PC: Their E3 conference; a Software Showcase; the low-key megaton producing round table which previously had only been available via media report; and a developer dicussion with a Wii U hardware producer.
Oh wow, there are actually four streams being broadcast that week. Dang Nintendo.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Man.

I'm loving Uprising and I am so excited to see how the ideas presented in it are carried over into Smash.
Good to hear it buddy. :D It made me pumped for SSB4 as well. What weapons do you like best to use?

What!? No Riki time. Regardless of his character, he is actually really good. He specializes is debuffs, so you can do a lot of damage from just Damage over time.
Definitely, he puts that spike on himself that can deal like 9x damage dealt to him, and he can make a slew of mobs asleep as the rest of the team focuses on one at a time. Those tricks are some of the things that make him viable for your team if you control him. My CPU rarely uses the Sleepy Time move correctly, but when he does, you just smack him awake, and you gang up on a single enemy. Feels so good.

Surprised your over leveled. Unless you do a good number of quest. I was usually underlevered vs the bosses (not sure about random enemies).
Clearing all quests are pretty much the way the only way to get over-leveled unless you spend a LONG time grinding mobs.

Really!? For most of us, it's the other way around.
It has no effect on my actually, I already know he isn't getting in and he doesn't work well at all, especially compared to other retros/characters.

Found this on NeoGAF. Might be expecting a bigger E3 than even I anticipated. :o

This does not even take into consideration that Nintendo is holding three separate presentations over the course of three days (this year marks the first time Nintendo will be streaming the Developer's Roundtable). Man, so glad I'm not working on Tuesday. Heck, we might just get a SSB4 trailer after all!
Doesn't surprise me, if the list is true, a lot more games are going to be shown. Plus The Last Story and Pandora's Tower may be shown, and quite a few known 3DS games that have few details out or aren't out in the US. That is all things we already have heard of, who knows what is hidden. :D Going to be exciting.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm really gonna have to consider what two days I want off from work. I know I want the main Nintendo conference day off, but now I'm at a loss. I really want to be off on the day Virtua Fighter comes to the 360.

D

Deleted member

@Star: If Waluigi ends up in NSMB2 or even Luigi's Mansion 2, it's not just reasoning for the rabid fans to go insane, it makes the haters due to "canon" shut up.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace

Who do you use?
It's Dunban, Melia and Sharla isn't it?
I'm really into exploring and doing quests, and unlike most RPGs, I never get sick of battles. It's a real shame that simply trying to enjoy all the content invariably leads to being way too strong, that's my biggest problem with any game that uses experience points and levels. I can probably get around it with hacks next time though.

None of the characters seem to suck in battle, but I just can't stand the typical stupid weird comic relief creature thing. Everyone else is cool and I rotate them around on a whim, usually I play Reyn or work on building affinity. That IS my party right now though, playing as Sharla. Really wish this game was co-op.

Achievements menu did a pretty bad job spoiling who the 7th party member will be, but I'm pleased with what'll inevitably happen.

Inverse Impa?
The real difference is that you like more than one character.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It has no effect on my actually, I already know he isn't getting in and he doesn't work well at all, especially compared to other retros/characters.
I'd like to know what is your criteria that determines whether a character works well in Smash or not.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I almost want that stupid Star Fox X Metroid rumor to be true solely because I want to see meltdowns on NeoGAF. Come E3 week I'm hopping into one of the back threads to avoid the ensuing tsunami of new users. As far as we are concerned we will have new things worth talking about, which will be a breath of fresh air.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It is a freaking dog that doesn't do crap that is among characters like Takamaru, Muddy Mole, Mach Rider, Prince Sable, and a bunch of others that all fit into the style better and are retro, have more demand, are more popular, and could have a far more interesting moveset that isn't absolutely thrown together and boring compared to the others. Not to mention that as I've mentioned before, DHD works better and fits better as either a stage or AT.

We've had this discussion before here.

To top it all off (perhaps arbitrary, but another thing to add to the pile), as a retro, it doesn't really inspire the possibility of an amazing reboot game. I mean, getting a new Duck Hunter game? Would that really compare to other reboots we could get? No way. Not to mention, his addition compared to most if not all retros would not add much content to the game compared to what others could bring. The Duck Hunt Game doesn't add much to SSB.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'm really into exploring and doing quests, and unlike most RPGs, I never get sick of battles. It's a real shame that simply trying to enjoy all the content invariably leads to being way too strong, that's my biggest problem with any game that uses experience points and levels. I can probably get around it with hacks next time though.

None of the characters seem to suck in battle, but I just can't stand the typical stupid weird comic relief creature thing. Everyone else is cool and I rotate them around on a whim, usually I play Reyn or work on building affinity. That IS my party right now though, playing as Sharla. Really wish this game was co-op.

Achievements menu did a pretty bad job spoiling who the 7th party member will be, but I'm pleased with what'll inevitably happen.
OK, I see. I was bad and rushed though a lot. Playing now trying to get everything, and less, you get over leveled. I think I'm Level 23 before entering the Ether Mines (for reference, the boss is Lv 25).

As for that character
You meet her very soon. Your Monado also gets stronger

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It is a freaking dog that doesn't do crap that is among characters like Takamaru, Muddy Mole, Mach Rider, Prince Sable, and a bunch of others that all fit into the style better and are retro, have more demand, are more popular, and could have a far more interesting moveset that isn't absolutely thrown together and boring compared to the others. Not to mention that as I've mentioned before, DHD works better and fits better as either a stage or AT.

Doesn't do crap? Again with this "but he can't fight" argument. Just stop using that BS. R.O.B. is just a NES peripheral and he is in it.

Fint into the style better? Okay, you will have to explain to me what is the "style" you are referring to.

Have more demand? Please, the dog has over 1,000 likes on Facebook whereas the others you listed has less than 100 likes. I'd wager the casual gamers are more interested in Duck Hunt Dog than the hardcore characters like Takamaru, Muddy Mole, etc. Probably because they actually heard of Duck Hunt and not Murasame Castle, Mole Mania, etc.

Saying that he would be boring is a subjective argument. This is invalid. Sorry. Oh, and Diskun is a whole lot more boring than Smashchu's poor choice Sheriff and that's saying something. Game Over. :troll:

Oh, yeah, that's arbitrary BS, all right! Ice Climbers still didn't get a new game after Melee and Brawl. R.O.B. didn't get a new game after Brawl. Pit got one after Brawl. Little Mac, Starfy, Saki, and Isaac each got one after Brawl and they weren't even playable.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
@Heels: I actually don't do a lot of weapon switching. I like the Volcano Arm the best, because volcano, but it's not very good in flight so I probably use the Samurai Blade the most. I like cannons too. I don't mind Palms and Claws, but the rest I hardly ever use. Sometimes I use clubs just because I'm so bad at using them, though they're pretty Satisfying sometimes.

Also Arcadenik can take anything you throw at him. He is a man with a dream, and he will fight for it even if he knows he may fail.
Which he will. Definitely.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Doesn't do crap? Again with this "but he can't fight" argument. Just stop using that BS. R.O.B. is just a NES peripheral and he is in it.
Uh you do realize R.O.B. is a robot and DHD is a... dog. The fact that R.O.B. was given nothing to do means zero. Because he is a robot. Have you seen his moveset? Rotating limbs, lasers, rockets. That logic is faulty, and is quite frankly, "BS".

Fint into the style better? Okay, you will have to explain to me what is the "style" you are referring to.
The style dictated by Nintendo's characters. Having a dog rummaging around is going to be strange compared to everyone else. Takamaru as a samurai fits better. Mach Rider fits better. Muddy Mole fits better. Even if he did fit, everyone else fits better, so that cannot be called as a reason for him to be in.

Have more demand? Please, the dog has over 1,000 likes on Facebook whereas the others you listed has less than 100 likes. I'd wager the casual gamers are more interested in Duck Hunt Dog than the hardcore characters like Takamaru, Muddy Mole, etc. Probably because they actually heard of Duck Hunt and not Murasame Castle, Mole Mania, etc.
DHD is obviously more well known, but he is not desired as a Smash Bros. character. Please. I've seen like what, two supporters of him here? And everyone else either argues against him defiantly or just picks a better retro.

Saying that he would be boring is a subjective argument. This is invalid. Sorry. Oh, and Diskun is a whole lot more boring than Smashchu's poor choice Sheriff and that's saying something. Game Over. :troll:
It isn't subjective. A dog throwing disks and laughing is going to excite a lot less people than an exploding Mach Rider, a digging and bomb throwing mole, an electrified Samurai, and etc. Invalid. Sorry.

Next defense, DHD is easy to rip apart.

D

Deleted member

To top it all off (perhaps arbitrary, but another thing to add to the pile), as a retro, it doesn't really inspire the possibility of an amazing reboot game. I mean, getting a new Duck Hunter game? Would that really compare to other reboots we could get? No way. Not to mention, his addition compared to most if not all retros would not add much content to the game compared to what others could bring. The Duck Hunt Game doesn't add much to SSB.
As much as I feel DHD is a poor idea, I do have to counter the point with the Ice Climbers. Were they expected? Were they wanted? Did they have much for an interesting moveset? Were they from a good game? Did they inspire a reboot? The answer to all that is no.

But screw all that and support Mach Rider. YOU ARE MACH RIDER.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It's the little tag-team gimmick that made the Ice Climbers interesting. Though personally I really find them boring to play as.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
As much as I feel DHD is a poor idea, I do have to counter the point with the Ice Climbers. Were they expected? Were they wanted? Did they have much for an interesting moveset? Were they from a good game? Did they inspire a reboot? The answer to all that is no.
Ice Climbers while not desired perhaps, has ice and hammers to use, and fits well with the style. Their game even offers more than DHD's.

Ice Climbers, anyone can say, make for an obviously better character edition.

Edit: Also, what Oasis said, they offered a unique mechanic and brought something very new to the table, which Sakurai looks for in addition.

@Heels: I actually don't do a lot of weapon switching. I like the Volcano Arm the best, because volcano, but it's not very good in flight so I probably use the Samurai Blade the most. I like cannons too. I don't mind Palms and Claws, but the rest I hardly ever use. Sometimes I use clubs just because I'm so bad at using them, though they're pretty Satisfying sometimes.
I didn't switch a lot either honestly, I think that is how most people play. Claws are excellent, and so are Clubs, those two are ranked the highest in tiers generally. But that is in online play, using them in the story is a pain in the *** because you have to get close to use them practically a lot, and Clubs have strong ranged shots but they aren't practical with enemies buzzing around.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh yeah, let's not forget Ice Climbers provided icy stages. Adds a bit of atmosphere and variety.

I guess Balloon Fighter couldn't have done that.

MACH RIDER WON'T BE IN SINCE MUSHROOMY KINGDOM ALREADY PROVIDED A STRANGE POST-APOCALYPTIC ATMOSPHERE.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You know what, Holder of the Doggy Bag? People will get more excited at Duck Hunt Dog as a playable character than Takamaru, Muddy Mole, etc. because they are going to whine about how Duck Hunt Dog took that last spot from their favorite character. If Takamaru gets in, people will say "OMG! A samurai? That's cool!" and then they move on and ask "Who's next? :)" If Duck Hunt Dog gets in, people will rage "OMGWTFBBQ!! Why? Why! SAKURAIIIIIIIIII" and they keep talking about how the dog is still trolling them after 30 years. Just like R.O.B. History repeating itself. Yeah, Duck Hunt Dog really has a lasting effect on people. :troll:

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Holder of the... dangit, I should have realized when signing up that my Username would be too easy to mess with.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Everything that anyone knows or REMEMBERS the dog by can be made into an Assist Trophy. A patch of grass that ducks fly out of. Occasionally they get shot at. If you're caught being shot with them, you'll be KO'd and the dog will pop out of the grass to laugh at you. That is EEEVERYthing that the dog does that makes NORMAL people want him in Smash, and those people will appreciate it without being left wanting him PLAYABLE in Smash.

Just because the dog is memorable doesn't mean he should be playable. You don't need playable characters for every little thing that gets all your nostalgic feelings warm and tingly.

Also Sakurai probably hates him for the same reason every other gamer does, which is why he hasn't made any appearances in Smash yet. :troll:

D

Deleted member

To be fair, DHD has one thing going for him; people want to beat the living crap out of him. Smash could be the first official outlet for that.

But still Mach Rider over all.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Unless Sakurai comes out and says "I hate Duck Hunt Dog and he is not going to make any appearance, not even a sticker, in my games", the dog has a chance. I never said he was getting in. I never said he was the most likely retro character. All I am saying is he has a chance, regardless of how big or small it is.

P.S. The hunting dog was even mentioned in the Ducks trophy in Melee. He was described as "faithful" and "slightly clamorous". That means Sakurai acknowledges the existence and personality of the Duck Hunt Dog.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The problem is, Heel, it doesn't matter if he didn't do crap. And yes, R.O.B. is that. He didn't do crap either.

Also, a dog can't fight? That's honestly laughable. They have teeth, claws, a tail, and unlike some generic ones, he also happens to have ducks he can hit with. He does grab them after all. Plus, he can incorporate the NES Zapper into his moveset since it requires that to play his starring game.

He has actual stuff from his own game, and has about as much as R.O.B. did, except he was a full character first.

Also, since when did Ganondorf kick in canon? Or Pikachu use his Thunder Jolt in the games?(that's anime-only, folks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom