• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
- Brawl Roster
- Toad
- King K. Rool
- Mewtwo
- Krystal (Because there's always one girl added)
- Tom Nook
- Mega Man

Yeah, I like the refresh roster option. Plus it does away with clones for good.
Fixed.

And I realize that 10 was way too low. Make that 15.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think Sakurai said pretty much exactly the same thing anyhow. About going back to the drawing board for veterans during Brawl's development.

So you'll get that plus 15 characters. :awesome:

Actually I couldn't find him saying that where I thought he said it. He said he was refining all the characters' abilities to allow for more aerial freedom.

Also this: "#31-40: Sakurai starts by saying there wont be any manga characters. Then he begins talking about other companies characters to appear in the game. Among other things, Sakurai says that the character MUST have appeared on a Nintendo platform before."

Since someone was being dumb and didn't want to believe it.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
So can we officialy say good-bye to Toon Link unless he's decloned. And Falco. And Lucario. Aaaaaandd Luigi. Yeah, right.:glare: We will never be without clones. Ne-ver. If Sakurai decides to put in Louie, I can imagine a monster-centric moveset. Other than that, we have not seen the last of clones.

So can we officialy say good-bye to Toon Link unless he's decloned. And Falco. And Lucario. Aaaaaandd Luigi. Yeah, right.:glare: We will never be without clones. Ne-ver. If Sakurai decides to put in Louie, I can imagine a monster-centric moveset. Other than that, we have not seen the last of clones.
Falco and Luigi won't be getting the axe. Never will. 100% bet and inevitably will stay in Smash 4 and the rest of the future smash games.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
That was sarcasam, idiot. This is the Internet. We have seen the last of TL and Lucario. Also, I'm selling Falcon Burgers for half price. Kiddie meals come with a free Assist Trophy.

D

Deleted member

That was sarcasam, idiot. This is the Internet. We have seen the last of TL and Lucario. Also, I'm selling Falcon Burgers for half price. Kiddie meals come with a free Assist Trophy.
Says the one who's saying Lucario's a clone. :troll:
Even though you were joking about clones being gone forever, the fact you lumped Lucario in that....well....

D

Deleted member

[quote="Cobalsh]Other than that, we have not seen the last of clones.[/quote]I think the days of Sakurai introducing full-blown clones is over. We may get a couple of semi-clones, but I think we're seeing Sakurai moving out of making clones.

D

Deleted member

Fixed.

And I realize that 10 was way too low. Make that 15.
In that case, between the same option and fifteen characters, I'd probably go for the latter. Nine more newcomers makes it much harder to justify just six newcomers.

Now if it was ten newcomers with a refreshed roster or fifteen newcomers with essentially similar veterans, I could go either way.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I expect in between 10 and 13 newcomers, not much more. Not counting Mewtwo (and possibly Roy) here.

:phone:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
If Toad gets in,what will happen with Peach´s neutral B?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I liked the idea of having Toadsworth. But am rather worried about that Sakurai comment that he doesn't see Toad as fighting material. :/

We might just have Doc again. :/

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Do you want Toad and K. Rool, or K. Rool and Dixie. Because there's not enough space on the top row for all three. >:V

If you say Toad and Dixie then you shouldn't be allowed to exist.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
But am worried about that Sakurai comment that he doesn't see Toad as fighting material. :/
That was proven false a long time ago, stop bringing it up.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Then why did Toise say it was true.

And why does it sound like an uncomfortable truth that Toad supporters don't want to believe.
I'd call it an inconvenient truth (:p). But until someone posts a link it's false. Both Toise and Johnknight have failed to do that, the latter commenting that is was about a moveset not whether or not he could fight.

I would laugh if it came true though (certainly would make Mario arguments a lot easier).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No room for Toad, Dixie and K.Rool you say? I see no problem in adding one Mario newcomer and two DKC newcomers. If anyone DARES to call Dixie and K.Rool Mario characters... Then I'm afraid we have a problem :glare:

I actually WANT Toad btw, so that I brought that up is only out of concern :/

Also, Toise still ain't the Smash Mesiah iirc, so I'm not holding his opinion higher than anyone else's. Why ya'll still do so is beyond me.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'd call it an inconvenient truth (:p). But until someone posts a link it's false. Both Toise and Johnknight have failed to do that, the latter commenting that is was about a moveset not whether or not he could fight.

I would laugh if it came true though (certainly would make Mario arguments a lot easier).
It's not a case like Animal Crossing characters, obviously. It's just that he's a boring fighter. No point in adding a boring character to a series that doesn't need a boring character when said series has more interesting characters but those more interesting characters just aren't cut out to be added.

Also my bug is eating the moth I gave it, I"m so happy.

D

Deleted member

More interesting like Waluigi, with his swimming in air, spinning in tornado after doing extreme limbo, tennis racket, bomb dancing antics. :awesome:
BTW, did you see my moveset, Oasis?

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Also, Toise still ain't the Smash Mesiah iirc, so I'm not holding his opinion higher than anyone else's. Why ya'll still do so is beyond me.
Probably because he makes good arguments and has a better credit history than the rest of us.

But no one fully agrees with him, not even his biggest fan, Shortie (Krystal). Calling him the mesiah is overkill (I detect jealousy :troll:).

It's not a case like Animal Crossing characters, obviously. It's just that he's a boring fighter. No point in adding a boring character to a series that doesn't need a boring character when said series has more interesting characters but those more interesting characters just aren't cut out to be added.
You do realize that I agree with you, but I'm just trying to stop the spread of an unproven rumor? Oasis_Stubborn

D

Deleted member

Do you want Toad and K. Rool, or K. Rool and Dixie. Because there's not enough space on the top row for all three. >:V

If you say Toad and Dixie then you shouldn't be allowed to exist.
Toad and King K. Rool are my picks.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Rosalina
Palutena
Medusa
Takamaru
Megaman X
They're my top picks.

D

Deleted member

[quote="Oasis_S]It's not a case like Animal Crossing characters, obviously. It's just that he's a boring fighter. No point in adding a boring character to a series that doesn't need a boring character when said series has more interesting characters but those more interesting characters just aren't cut out to be added.[/quote]Little Mac and Dixie are boring characters for boring people.

We all know that.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I might as well show my top picks before I go job searching:

Ridley
Goroh
Little Mac
Takamaru
Saki
Mega Man (classic)
Palutena

Gotta go. Latter.

D

Deleted member

I forget, did Brawl have a Single-Button option for Special Brawl like the Special Melee version?
If not, that should return for the lulz.

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
Hrm, okay, a wishlist for SSB4...

Starfy
Jill
Little Mac
Chibi-Robo
Muddy Mole
Lip
Professor Layton
Tom Nook
Sukapon
Ray Mk 1
Isaac
Marshal
Dillon
Andy
Balloon Fighter
Takamaru
Saki Amamiya
Bubbles
DeMille
Tingle
Geno
Palutena
Krystal

For a start, anyway....

Also, for anyone calling Little Mac boring.... have you ever played Punch-Out!! for the Wii? Here's a sample: http://youtu.be/WuM0nTf3g84

Picture it, picture Ridley bearing down on someone when suddenly Little Mac hits him in that giant jaw of his with an uppercut. Slow motion, Ridley's eyes go all derpy in confusion, Doc Louis is just screaming from the corner, "C'MON MAC! TIME TO MAKE THIS SPACE PIRATE WALK THE PLANK!"

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
No because Ridley would've made a Big Mac out of him instead of getting punched in the face.

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
No because Ridley would've made a Big Mac out of him instead of getting punched in the face.
Little Mac's faster than Ridley I'd wager. Plus, smaller target, harder to hit. Canonically, Little Mac's strong enough to not only knock out Donkey Kong, but to actually send him hurtling through the air with the force of a punch. So I'd imagine a fight between Little Mac and Ridley would actually be fairly exciting to see.

Here's the footage: http://youtu.be/Tn4xAtvFBzs

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Both Flint & Chuck are nothing but paperweights in the middle of a hurricane when compared, TO THE MANLIEST OF MEN, CAPTAIN FALCON!

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
Say, I was thinking about it and I just realized the fight between Little Mac and Ridley would actually be unfairly tilted in Little Mac's favor, since Little Mac's specialty is reading tells, dodging, then counter-attacking. Ridley's nothing if not a show-boater, given that most of his attacks are preceded by him either posing, or roaring loudly, he telegraphs constantly. Given his fast dodging and his experience fighting enemies much larger than himself, I'd really have to give this fight to Little Mac. Ridley may have size and strength on his side, but that's more or less the standard set-up of every Punch-Out fight, Little Mac vs someone bigger and stronger.

Of course that's not to say Ridley would be a bad character or fighter, but just that in that particular fight, it'd be more in Little Mac's favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom