• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Again, I think adding Ike (in his new and older look) as DLC would initially upset Ike fans, but would then make them even happier to see him. Plus it would be an awesome way to show off an older look for Ike (from Radiant Dawn), as well as perhaps a new move or two. :shades:

A similar thing happened with Ness fans. We all thought Ness was gone, and then we find out he's back a few weeks beforehand. That made us Ness fans more hyped to play Ness than ever before. :love:

D

Deleted member

Although, I don't know why we're calling him Krom anymore.

Didn't that Japanese site about how likely characters are label him as Chrome?

D

Deleted member

If he really is Chrome, then one main reason to have him: Fight him while spamming Fox's Up Special.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
Another thing I'd like Toad to draw from is SMB2 (or doki doki). Peach has turnips and float, but that's little. Toad is the fastest of the bunch.

Toad could pick up more varieties of vegetables using them in different ways. Light ripe vegetables are easier to pull out and fly farther while dealing lesser damage. Some could be heavy enough to "go through" an enemy and hit multiple enemies, some could roll on the ground, some could bounce back and forth, some could heal a tad... Digging up a key summons those "bee hive" enemies that fly around. Ostro could be picked up and then rode on...

At the very least Toad should get more presence with Peach. That propeller hat one lifting Peach higher, final smash involving an army of Toads and so on.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hypothetically, if Toad made it into Smash would Peach's neutral Special remain the same?
Yes. There's multiple Toads. It wouldn't make a difference. Or the coloring could change to match Peach's current costume? Or used Toadsworth, etc.

No real issues I say.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@ Aaven
Of course, and perhaps Toad would remain there. That or he'd be replaced by Toadsworth.

This song would be perfect in Smash for a Mega Man stage.

As usual, this video (or at least the song and some of the basic concepts) would be be a mad hype way to introduce Mega Man into the fray!!!

Anyways, Johnknight1 out.

A Friend First and Smasher Second,
~His Knightliness Himself~,
-Johnknight1 Watson[COLLAPSE="About half a dozen awesome exit songs to choose from:"](here is an always appropriate exit song)
[insert mysterious outro music here]
{Perhaps this will do with it's peaceful nature}
*here is a fitting exit*
-This aquatic joyride might sooth your day-
=Maybe this is a better underwater theme=
+This will murder your memories of the last song+
~This was the best I could find~
!Another Terribly Odd Yet Fitting Mashup~[/COLLAPSE]

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
Never thought of that aspect. A Toadsworth cameo as Peach's Neutral Special would be awesome in my opinion.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, Toadsworth has guarded Peach in Super Mario Sunshine. It's too bad we didn't get Toad in Brawl. But then again, with NSMBWii, there's atleast better chances of Sakurai considering him fight-worthy.

Moveset is my least worry. ;)

D

Deleted member

I'm talking Brawl. I'm pretty sure time constraints had nothing to do with him then.

Also in Melee, he was a clone ON PURPOSE. Time had nothing to do with that. He would either be in as a clone or not in at all.
But Ganondorf did become more unique in Brawl as he did receive a few moves that he could do and his B specials are variations of Falcon's. You can't just transfer how you play Falcon and expect to do as good with Ganondorf (or vice versa). Even in Melee he can be considered unique (in play style) since his properties are different and how he handles his moves are different.

D

Deleted member

Doesn't matter that he has a unique "playstyle" from Falcon, you cannot deny that he was nothing more than a clone and a semi-clone in Brawl.

Nothing that time restraints, your original argument that you seem to have ignored, had anything to do.
He was made to be a clone in Melee on purpose, end of story.
In Brawl, he was made into a semi-clone as to not completely alienate Ganondorf mainers of Melee, while still giving him a shred of seperation.

ImASinner_Madge

Smash Rookie
I know its less than a 10% chance, but since stafy has a big chance to become playable, I want Starmie or Staryu as well. No more pokeball! And if stafy doesn't make it, I have some more characters I'd want in. Nothing ridiculous, but I'd still almost rather Play a Digimon Rumble Arena 3. :/

yani

Smash Lord
So I'm looking at the Pokeball Pokemon on the Dojo, and Meowth isn't listed under "returning Pokemon". He is counted at a new Pokemon. "Meowth. It’s considered a major Pokémon, but it did not show up in Melee. It now makes its first appearance since the original Smash Bros."

Do you think this has any effect on what Mewtwo/Roy would be labeled as, should they return?

ssbowns

Smash Apprentice
Talking about music I hope they forget the live music fad. Especially stuff like Mario and Donkey Kong themes sound nothing like the originals. When I play as DK on DK stage I hope to get the same nostalgic feeling I get when playing Donkey Kong Country or even Donkey Kong Country Returns. It's the same as turning removing the classic color option and calling it progress or necessary change.

Changing the musics from nostalgy fighter is IMO the biggest pure design flaw there is. Atleast I hope there's an option to toggle for retro soundtrack, kinda like Marvel vs Capcom 3 offers dynamic or classic audio.

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
I think it would be extremely impressive if EVERYONE came back for Smash Brothers 4. Mewtwo, Roy, even Pichu and Dr. Mario, although I'd make them something like alternate costumes to save on roster space (although by changing the costume you'd get different character audio, and slight variations to moves)...

Also, I'd love to see Ness, Lucas, Fox, Falco, and Wolf all get unique Final Smashes... Perhaps Ness keeps StarStorm, and Lucas gets something like PK Love, which was more significant to him in his game. Fox can keep his Landmaster, then have Falco get an Arwing (since personally he prefers the air) and Wolf gets something else, perhaps an arsenal of space weaponry, or temporary assistance from the StarWolf team attacking the field.

Of course on top of this, a plethora of new characters... Starfy, Chibi-Robo, Professor Layton, Marshal, Dillon, Jill, Little Mac, Ray Mk 1, Isaac, Tom Nook, and so on and so on.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yooo, isn't it Algus.

It's me, IndyGoNagaretton from DA. I actually showed out your Starfy-moveset when we spoke about Starfy's chances and what he'd bring in for Smash. Wish you'll be here for to stay and join the speculation of randomness until actual official information of Smash 4 from Nintendo itself.

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
Ay, I'll hang around a bit. I imagine this will turn into an absolute frenzy as soon as a teaser trailer is released... What'd they think of the Starfy moveset?

Also, GiantBreadbug, sounds like you have a lot of interesting choices that would make the game very fun! Typically folks against those sorts of choices are afraid of playing as someone who doesn't seem like a powerful, unstoppable, double-sword wielding deity.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
Amen to that. It's great to have someone else like-minded around. It seems Horsetail is the only other one who indulges the same love for Jill as I do (Horsetail brofist). *raises glass* To Smash Brothers!

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
*lifts glass* Smashing!

I did a full moveset for Jill a while ago. First off her game was darn fun, but if you ever watch Tengan Toppen Gurren Lagan, suddenly the idea of someone fighting with a drill becomes that much more epic... Also I like the idea of a small heavyweight.

...similarly, I wasn't too keen on drawing a moveset for Barbara Bat until I rewatched FLCL and started using their style of guitar-fighting.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lulz, maybe I should become the Third Poppy Bro.

*Brofists back*

And indeed, I REALLY REALLY wish Smash would make Jill playable. She has some much going for her in means of her franchise and moveset, but she's just so... obscure. And no sequel in sight. Pretty much what Mole Mania has now. Not to mention I wonder what Game Freak's thought up to do a sequel for it.
(-l^l-);
But she'd be damn awesome one to play as, a really real fun hidden gem heroine.
I also wish to see more of the actual Helirin's pilot in Smash instead of just Helirin itself:

I really like this guy, he's one of my fave Nintendo-characters. Go Kururin! He's suffered sorta same as Lip: Smash only mentions their property, but NEVER makes much mention back on the owners themselves. (-i^i-)*

Everyone go out there and get Kuru Kuru Kururin, you will LOVE IT.

And everyone really liked the Starfy-moveset Algus, hehe!

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
Ah! Kuru Kuru Kururin! Darn fun game. I was amazed that Kururin even appeared as an assist trophy! Some of these games, Mole Mania, Kuru Kuru Kururin, are just screaming out for VC releases on the eShop.

I'd also like to see Muddy Mole playable... did a moveset for him as well. The next two on my roster to get the full moveset treatment are Marshal (from Rhythm Heaven) and Lip (from Panel de Pon).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I want to know the details about Lip's moveset, just wondering... At least one question:

Is her standard attacks (including everything expect special moves and final smash using flower magic to some extent? Since I find movesets for her very boring if it's only consisting of her whacking people with her stick only and such. (-l^l-)

Also if you click on my Lip-signature, it leads to my Lip-moveset. There's no standard attacks yet done to it, but in any case I hope it's good.

Mole Mania I might see getting a release, but as long as there's no GBA-games yet being announced for EShop, I can't ever see Kuru Kuru Kururin (or many many other awesome and great GBA-games) getting a VC-release...

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
In the moveset I've got done up for her, she uses flower magic, her stick of course, powerful sneezes (Captain Rainbow pointed out Lip was allergic to some of her own flowers... hee), tiles that burst out of the ground, and those are just her normal moves.

Her neutral special involves summoning a tile that she can dispel into a small projectile blast if she does her special move again, and it can also add into some of her normal moves. For example, if she does her Dash-A into it, it can extend the reach of her attack.

Her side special is the swap, which switches her place with whatever object/player is next to her. It moves her over to empty space if there's nothing there. It can only be done in the air once although it can be helpful in extending her recovery. It doesn't reflect objects, so if she swaps with a projectile, it continues on its direction past her. Very useful for getting out from between two characters on either side.

Her up special is the rainbow road, which projects a rainbow under her feet she races along on, arms outstretched. This is mainly a horizontal recovery as Lip's light nature gives her a fairly good jump.

Down special is the garbage drop, which causes a block to come smashing down out of the sky, similar to Kirby's down-b. However combining the Garbage Drop with the Tile Summon results in a larger blast from the two of them.

For her Final Smash, I have towers of tiles pushing up out of the ground, and massive garbage blocks falling. The blocks will vanish if they hit the tiles, allowing players a chance to hide between them. However, Lip's 'Swap' will move tiles about, so she can try to make fewer hiding places.

I'm also working on a moveset for Dillon from Rolling Western, although I need to finish it before I fully flesh out the rest of the moves.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lukin: Check two posts above.

Kururin's the pilot of Helirin.

SEE?

THEY KNOW ONLY HELIRIN BUT THEY KNOW NEXT TO NOTHING ABOUT THE PILOT HIMSELF

AAAARGGHHH-----

Algus: Interesting. I really do like this. My moveset uses something more of a Final Smash that seems to be more based on Lip's personality and love upon rainbows and uses the mechanics itself from Panel De Pon. I also simplified the tile thing though I tried also my best to translate the chain combo mechanic to her standard special. Up B's also different.
But all in all, we seemingly have the same idea of what her specials are. I'm looking forward for the moveset.

/Sneezes as the attacks sounds pretty funny and creative, I just reduced that into a taunt.../

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
Taunt's are alright, but I've got it as a chargeable tilt normal attack. Let it build up and she does the whole 'Aaa...aaaa...AAAA....' changing the strength of the sneeze. It has close damage range, but it gives off a nice wind effect that actually pushes players and things away at further distances without giving damage, similar to Mario's Fludd and Squirtle's Water Gun, only without the water.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Each character should have 4 taunts instead of 3. I mean, we have 4 directions on the control pad. It's not that hard to add... :rolleyes:
Never thought of that aspect. A Toadsworth cameo as Peach's Neutral Special would be awesome in my opinion.
Exactly. Beating up old people is fun! :awesome: It would also be the perfect opportunity to get back at the old people for driving 35 miles per hour on the freeway!!! :mad:
This needs to be the opening song for the new Smash game.
Smooth Criminal
I think Youko's version was the best. ;) Still, it would be pretty sweet in Smash. :bee:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So I'm looking at the Pokeball Pokemon on the Dojo, and Meowth isn't listed under "returning Pokemon". He is counted at a new Pokemon. "Meowth. It’s considered a major Pokémon, but it did not show up in Melee. It now makes its first appearance since the original Smash Bros."

Do you think this has any effect on what Mewtwo/Roy would be labeled as, should they return?
Nope. As much as I like Meowth, this was a reference to him not being in Melee after being one of the most popular Smash 64 Pokéball Pokémon.

On a side note, I think it would be awesome if every Pokéball Pokémon returned. I mean, it's not that hard. They can keep all the frame data, and maybe the damage done. After that, all they need to do (and I wouldn't mind if they didn't do it) is upgrade the graphics for each Pokéball Pokémon (to be more modern) .Post-release DLC anyone=??? :awesome:

Also, Roy has the ph1r3! :reverse:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom