• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I SERIOUSLY doubt it was Geno. All in all, I think it was Bomberman. Why? Because Bomberman has two references in the Chronicles. While one could be explain by the fact that it was a crossover (Wario Blast: Featureing Bomberman), but the NES Classic Series: Bomberman for GBA? Note, that this is the only 3rd Party title of the NES Classic Series that has a mention.
That, and there's a missing selection of songs after Sonic, but before the Smash original music.

And as I mentioned in a previous post, I believe Sakurai would've made an exception to James Bond. He was not inelligible for the pre-Melee poll, right? And an item from HIS GAME was a part of Smash until Brawl, which is after Rare left.

However, the fact that Rare no longer had the rights to Bond, and they were gone from Nintendo anyways, James Bond stood no chance for Brawl.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Yuui starts to support Starfy...

(-0_____________________o-)

WAAAAAATTTT

EDIT: BTW, props to the guy who illustrated the whole special move idea. You draw very well IMO. (-^^-)

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
No, he mentioned that non-video game characters of origin were ineligible.

I don't think it was Starfy either, else he would have never been in Smash as an Assist Trophy. What I think it was is Geno, who was extremely highly requested during pre-Brawl and Sakurai did mentioned 1-2 more guests after Snake. I think he tried to get both Sonic and Geno into the game, succeeded with Sonic, and failed with Geno.
I think Geno was probably a PRE SET ROSTER add, and fail. He called him a NINTENDO character with lisencing issues, so I figure he was planned AS a Nintendo character, back when it was only Snake who was the "true" third party. I feel like it would have been weird for a NINTENDO character to be added late, especially considering other Ninty characters had far just as much/more requests than Geno, but they werent added late. (Like Ridley)

Im guessing the liscensing proved to be too much of a hassle for Geno, I mean, at the end of the day, he's just Geno, not Sonic. But who even likes that loser?

Geno for life.

Speaking of characters planned, Sakurai mentions he had MORE characters planned for Brawl, but he couldn't reveal them, do you think he said that so he could keep them as suprises in his back pocket for SSB4?

I SERIOUSLY doubt it was Geno. All in all, I think it was Bomberman.
Sakurai was quoted SPECIFICALLY that it was a NINTENDO character with IP problems, so it wasn't Bombs. Even though that would be cool.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'll should have news of Keldeo this upcoming week, or the next. Just in case anyone wants to know it's comfirmation, not like you didn't know :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Shortiecanbrawl said:
Speaking of characters planned, Sakurai mentions he had MORE characters planned for Brawl, but he couldn't reveal them, do you think he said that so he could keep them as suprises in his back pocket for SSB4?
I think he was referring to the Forbidden Seven, so not really.

D

Deleted member

Keldeo should TOTALLY be in Sm4sh. :troll:
It'd be more unique than Zoroark or Victini. And it would cater to the Brony fanbase. :troll: :troll:

EDIT: I can see only Toon Zelda not get in of the Forbidden Seven. Mewtwo, Roy, and Doc simply because they were Melee veterans, and Dixie Kong due to her overall fan support.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
EDIT: I can see only Toon Zelda not get in of the Forbidden Seven. Mewtwo, Roy, and Doc simply because they were Melee veterans, and Dixie Kong due to her overall fan support.
Dixie Kong due to fan support? I would say the fact that she WAS planned at one point helps her case a thousand times more than fan support. I hope everyone realizes fan support means... like.... nothing after a certain point. All fan support is, is people showing Sakurai "HEY, THIS CHARACTER EXISTS, think about it?" It doesn't mean much besides that, save Sonic.

If I had to guess, I would bet on Mewtwo, Roy, and Dixie returning. Anyone want to show off the newcomers on their PREDICTION roster? And please, you don't have to be political about it, you can be honest. (If you don't have Toad/Krystal/Ridley on your prediction roster, just say so. I know how it is to try and PLEASE everyone)

I'll think up my prediction roster soon. It needs a serious revisit. I think Doexys is still on it...

Keldeo isn't getting revealed until next month.
And even then, no one really gives much of a ****.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
While this is true, I feel like the point ought to be made (Probably for the 100th time?) that even though it seems Impa is unlikely, Diddy DOES make a good case for her, and, her inclusion will be likely IF, and only IF, Zelda's character undergoes SS-related changes.

Given the likelihood of THAT, I don't think it makes so much sense to hate on Diddy's continued pro-Impa arguments. That, and it's been seen in the past that Sakurai can sometimes think VERY differently than many of us. Maybe he feels Impa is just the change to Sheik's style the game needs.
[/COLOR]
Quoted for bringing the attention. Thanks btw.

Also, my avatar got changed for me I see. Gonna keep it for now.

Big Moose

Smash Cadet
He is a third party. I'm pretty sure.
Way late response but no he is not, Professor Layton is co published between Nintendo and Level 5.
Making him a member of Nintendo's home bracket. If you need proof here is his official Nintendo home page:http://professorlayton.nintendo.com/
As for the Dragon Quest comment that was just plain stupid as those are not published by Nintendo. I have no clue what you were getting at.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
What puts Dixie Kong about the rest of the Forbidden 7 (with the exception of Mewtwo and Roy) is that we know for sure she was actually physically playable in Brawl at one point. Sakurai said that Dixie Kong was originally a part of a duo with Diddy but was cut because he could not get the AI and switching mechanics working right. So he probably still has that moveset for Dixie Kong tucked away somewhere, and at least knows how she would move and attack in a Smash Bros. game before any other potential newcomer.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
His power nerfed yes, and perhaps have faster attacks so he's less predictable. He doesn't has many frames, and would be impossible to have many of them in the first place, so having faster moves would help him with that. His Up Smash in Brawl is quite insane though!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
  • LOL controllable sausages
  • IASA frames are a general mechanic
  • Nahh I think randomness and having to work with it is a nice spin for :olimar:
  • Oh I agree about the stages I just want more, :frigate: :battlefieldb: :smashville: etc.
I meant more like the canceling in other fighting games. Lucario's OHC, except with things like canceling into a dash or a jump (instead of just canceling the jump itself) or a special.

• :mario: has been garbz in all the smash games I think a lot with have to be fixed for him
  • :dk: is actually pretty fast, it's just a weight design that makes him bodied by chaingrabs and strings
  • :diddy: the banana strats need to be weakened if they are going to add anymore strong suits to him, he styles on enough people with his bananas and great basics
  • :bowser: Link please?
  • :ganondorf: derp
  • :kirby:'s b are pretty medicore imo
  • :pt: Phoniex Wright moveset?
:bowser: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx49ot85IT4
:pt: No. I mean that you REALLY have to use all three Pokemon to be effective with him. In MvC3, you have a team of three characters and you have to use all of them in tandem to effective. This includes assists, comboing off of supers, and switching out mid-combo. While I don't think :pt: should have assists or anything like that, this would definitely encourage using all three. Watch a couple of MvC3 matches and you might get an idea for I'm envisioning. I'm thinking of a mix of MvC with SFx TK (which has Tekken Tag influences). Here's an example of each.
Frank West vs. Rocket Raccoon.
Ibuki/Yoshimitsu vs. Lili/Poison

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
His power nerfed yes, and perhaps have faster attacks so he's less predictable. He doesn't has many frames, and would be impossible to have many of them in the first place, so having faster moves would help him with that. His Up Smash in Brawl is quite insane though!
Well, his u-smash does involve an underwater helmet, which is supposed to be strong. Of course, it has no sourspots, which does make the move somewhat overpowered, but it's not super fast.

Shurikan

Smash Apprentice
how bout this idea.

SMASH BALL SWITCH
after obtaining the smash ball, a player can switch to diffrent super smash attacks by useing the taunt buttons. a different attack is indicated by different colored flames surrounding the players character.

of course, to make it fun, we must unlock these smash attacks by playing the character we want to unlock it for.

and the competitive side doesnt have to worry about it since tourneys usualy dont use smash balls.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I would prefer to see supers in Smash. Make the Smash Ball an instant meter filler.

Shurikan

Smash Apprentice
smash ball swich huh
indeed. the same move can get repetitive sometimes.

and some characters need something different. peaches move can be easily avoided by grabing the edge and luigis circle can be easily avoided as well.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm actually heading back this afternoon.

@Shurikan
I think being able to choose your super/Final Smash/whatever can work if done right. I don't think they should be unlockable though. It's one thing to have characters unlockable, but putting away a part of a character's moveset is just wrong.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
You just have use luigi's circle at an opportune time. i.e use it while "comboing" someone near the edge. That way they'll be in flailing animation and can't escape or they have to go by it to get to the stage. Plus luigi's drunken dance is too funny XD

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Smash ball idea-

Have each character have a meter. When ever they ko an opponent, perform great combos or taunt alot, the meter fills by 1/5. When its full (5/5) the player uses a taunt and they get surrounded by the smash ball aura and they can then use the final smash by pressing B.

yani

Smash Lord
Wouldn't it be awesome if Ninty kept Banjo Kazooie? We could have:

An awesome duo
A shamin - magic user
A witch - magic user villan female

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Way late response but no he is not, Professor Layton is co published between Nintendo and Level 5.
Making him a member of Nintendo's home bracket. If you need proof here is his official Nintendo home page:http://professorlayton.nintendo.com/
As for the Dragon Quest comment that was just plain stupid as those are not published by Nintendo. I have no clue what you were getting at.
That means it's third party. Nintendo only has rights to the IP to publish it in the US. They don;t own the IP much like Square Enix doesn't own GTA even though they published it in Japan.

What puts Dixie Kong about the rest of the Forbidden 7 (with the exception of Mewtwo and Roy) is that we know for sure she was actually physically playable in Brawl at one point. Sakurai said that Dixie Kong was originally a part of a duo with Diddy but was cut because he could not get the AI and switching mechanics working right. So he probably still has that moveset for Dixie Kong tucked away somewhere, and at least knows how she would move and attack in a Smash Bros. game before any other potential newcomer.
Probably. The main did plan everything out in advance. He probably had Toon Zelda/Toon Sheik ready to go. You'd think we would still see Dixie if that was the case. Perhpas due to time?

I would prefer to see supers in Smash. Make the Smash Ball an instant meter filler.
How about, instead of making these Smash Ball ideas, you all keep it the same. It's not like any of you are coming up with a cool idea.

Sakurai probably considered a meter or something but went with the current system instead. I doubt he'll ever do it.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Smash ball idea-

Have each character have a meter. When ever they ko an opponent, perform great combos or taunt alot, the meter fills by 1/5. When its full (5/5) the player uses a taunt and they get surrounded by the smash ball aura and they can then use the final smash by pressing B.
Oh non, non, non, non. Think about it a little more. Should there be one meter or many? Is there another way to go into the attack besides your input? What are basic conditions to build meter? Should there be other uses of meter involved? I want to see you think.

BTW, doing some big combo and getting only 1/5 of a meter is horrible.

@SmashChu
Why keep it the same? The whole Smash Ball thing hasn't exactly been the most popular thing. Not to say people hate it, but it has its flaws.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
@SmashChu
Why keep it the same? The whole Smash Ball thing hasn't exactly been the most popular thing. Not to say people hate it, but it has its flaws.
That's exactly what your saying, so these two things contradict each other.

Also, you don't say why it has it's flaws. What is actually wrong with it (PROTIP: You can't use competitive Smash in your answer because this game is specifically not designed for it).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Maan Shurikan, what kind of title I must give you for all these awesome customisable ideas you come up with. (-lwl-) I totally love that Smash Ball-idea of yours. It would be fun to see multiple supers.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
My post isn't any shape or form contradictory. Not being the most popular thing doesn't mean people hate it. It means that it could be done better.

You want flaws? I've tossed them out to you before, but ok.

• Shifts the focus of the game from fighting the opponent to getting the Smash Ball. Compare this to supers in other fighting games where the shift is seamless in comparison.
  • The Smash Ball floats to the losing player instead of being unbiased.
  • You have to break the Smash Ball to get the Final Smash which shifts the focus even more.
  • The Final Smash leaves your B attack unusable. Surely, there could've been a way to make it not overlap inputs.

PROTIP: Quit acting like you know the design intent on the game. Even if this game wasn't made for competitive play, there is no reason to NOT balance a game. And no, items do not count due to their random nature and that they wouldn't make a difference in the long run.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Oh non, non, non, non. Think about it a little more. Should there be one meter or many? Is there another way to go into the attack besides your input? What are basic conditions to build meter? Should there be other uses of meter involved? I want to see you think.

BTW, doing some big combo and getting only 1/5 of a meter is horrible.

@SmashChu
So why don't why we use Shurikan's system?

@Shurikan: What if you could use a different Final Smash depending on which B move you press? Like:
Kirby
B: Cook Kirby
Side B: Monster Flame
Up B: Crash Kirby
Down B: Grand Hammer
But you can only use one of these per Smash Ball. Thoughts?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Poppy Bro: Still would overlap. I think we could use a button which was once used for some other function (Z or C-Stick? or Taunts, I dunno.)

I think Final Smashes then need their own input/button place.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Poppy Bro: Still would overlap. I think we could use a button which was once used for some other function (Z or C-Stick? or Taunts, I dunno.)

I think Final Smashes then need their own input/button place.
B+C-Stick? That could work. B+CLeft, B+CUp, B+CDown, B+CRight. That way, Neutral B is left alone.

yani

Smash Lord
So why don't why we use Shurikan's system?

@Shurikan: What if you could use a different Final Smash depending on which B move you press? Like:
Kirby
B: Cook Kirby
Side B: Monster Flame
Up B: Crash Kirby
Down B: Grand Hammer
But you can only use one of these per Smash Ball. Thoughts?

This would actually be pretty cool, but four for each character might be a bit too much.

A great idea nonetheless

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
SmashChu, you are constantly on Kuma's case like its your duty. Doesn't matter how he responds you consistently make the situation about his inability to satisfy your argumentation.

Doesn't it make you wonder why he continually "avoids" your claims? Have you any idea how often your agenda comes off as: attack for the sake of?

Its not about irrelevancy, perhaps you should attempt to justify your own relevance and quit worrying about the person.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Speaking of the Final Smash, I have the following to say...

1: You'll still need to get the Smash Ball to use your Final Smash.

2: The button you use to execute the Final Smash should be different so that you can still use your standard special.

3A: In a time match, if there's a 2+ point difference between the winning player and the losing player, the losing player will have a 10% chance of getting the Pity Final Smash. This will only happen if the Smash Ball is turned ON.

3B: In a stock match, the losing player must have 2 lives less than the winning player to get the Pity Final Smash chance.

3C: In a coin match, the losing player must have 200 coins less than the winning player to get the Pity Final Smash chance.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That's exactly what your saying, so these two things contradict each other.

Also, you don't say why it has it's flaws. What is actually wrong with it (PROTIP: You can't use competitive Smash in your answer because this game is specifically not designed for it).
That something isn't received well doesn't make it hated instantly. There is a long way between loving and hating.

For anyone who's interested; Impa is quite popular as a Sheik replacement in the Skyward Sword spoiler thread :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom