• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
It would really be great if the SMG stage involved Starship Mario and visited some areas from both games. Starphoenix's stage concept is a good idea for one.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I'd like it to have Galaxy's properties. It'd have some good knockback and be a 3rd jump.
Agreed. FLUDD just isn't useful the majority of the time.

I just hope we get a nice SMG stage. And maybe something from Super Mario 3D Land.
I'd like to see a "Galaxy Tour"-type stage that combines iconic planets from both Galaxy 1 and 2 and has traveling between them on either Rosalina's Observatory or Starship Mario (the Observatory would probably make a bigger and more interesting stage).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I agree that FLUDD needs to go, because it's practically useless. Maybe replace it with the Star Spin, or better yet, the Ground Pound.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
IMO a SMG stage will either involve Rosalina's Observatory or Starship Mario.

If you look all the way back to the original Mario stage in 64, each stage was based on the the central hub of the game (64/Melee - PP's Castle, Brawl - Delfino Plaza) , so I do expect this trend to continue.

EDIT: Since FLUDD doesn't do anything anyway, why not make it a taunt?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd like to see a "Galaxy Tour"-type stage that combines iconic planets from both Galaxy 1 and 2 and has traveling between them on either Rosalina's Observatory or Starship Mario (the Observatory would probably make a bigger and more interesting stage).
I'm not a fan of those kind of stages. Unless it's more like Corneria, where you don't have random walls, or new platforms.

Not to say some of them aren't bad, but the only Mario version I thought was fine was Delfino Plaza. It was similar to Mute City, which didn't easily kill you, or was hard to fight on.

JavaCroc

Smash Ace
I'm not a fan of those kind of stages. Unless it's more like Corneria, where you don't have random walls, or new platforms.

Not to say some of them aren't bad, but the only Mario version I thought was fine was Delfino Plaza. It was similar to Mute City, which didn't easily kill you, or was hard to fight on.
I think I was vague in my original wording. You'd stay on the original vessel of travel and just pass by planets on your cruise; you wouldn't land on anything new nor would the layout of the stage (whether it's the Observatory or Starship) change. It'd be more like Lylat Cruise in design.

I agree Delfino Plaza was a good stage.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think I was vague in my original wording. You'd stay on the original vessel of travel and just pass by planets on your cruise; you wouldn't land on anything new nor would the layout of the stage (whether it's the Observatory or Starship) change. It'd be more like Lylat Cruise in design.

I agree Delfino Plaza was a good stage.
I wish they returned Melee Peach's Castle, but eh.

@Metal Overlord: I would like that. Seriously, Kart got repped, so why not Party?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It would be nice to see a sequel to the Mario Circuit stage, but instead of Shy Guys using Standard Karts, they'd use the kart combos from Mario Kart 7. How would that sound?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Maybe we could get the Goomba Roulette stage from Mario Party 4 or the futuristic one (I always forget the one) from Mario Party 5?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Am I the only one that really like the addition of Mr. Game & Watch due to being a fan of the Game & Watch Gallery series?

I am surprised that they never made a new game in that series past Game & Watch Gallery 4.

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
I would like to see the menu screen from melee as a level. Like maybe you could play on the levels and if you hit the smash sign, you'de get like 400 damage or something.

I was also thinking of maybe sakurai might turn the game into like, the same type of 3d as SM64 but the controls would be the same but the area could be in 3d and you could walk in any direction.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Am I the only one that really like the addition of Mr. Game & Watch due to being a fan of the Game & Watch Gallery series?

I am surprised that they never made a new game in that series past Game & Watch Gallery 4.
You're not alone. I have the Game & Watch Gallery titles myself, and it would be a crime to not represent the series that lead to where we are today.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
IMO a SMG stage will either involve Rosalina's Observatory or Starship Mario.

If you look all the way back to the original Mario stage in 64, each stage was based on the the central hub of the game (64/Melee - PP's Castle, Brawl - Delfino Plaza) , so I do expect this trend to continue.
I can't believe I've never realized this, lol.

Anyway, I never thought about Rosalina's observatory being a stage for a Galaxy Tour type of thing, but I can see it working. It'd definitely be medium to large if they include the whole thing, or they can shrink it, or allow certain sections at a time.
For a Starship Mario thing, I think its a good idea to have the ship sideways as it travels through space. OR they can have the ship facing forward and backward in addition to sideways--you'll have to board a different platform while its "rotating" like the Halberd. They could probably have the stage tilt slightly while its boardable.

So many possibilities.

It would be nice to see a sequel to the Mario Circuit stage, but instead of Shy Guys using Standard Karts, they'd use the kart combos from Mario Kart 7. How would that sound?
Pretty good.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I think the only people that doesn't like him are the ones who think he's broken.

I'd rather have a Mario Party, Golf, or Tennis stage. Kart got its rep. It should return, though. Actually, that's the one I want to return the most.

I also have a theory about Rainbow Cruise. I think it only came back because it was the main 3D stage. As in Super Mario 64-based.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Fanservice could have been done on a MK level.

Daisy,
Waluigi,
Junior (If he doesnt make it),
Toad (If he doesn't make it)
Koopa
Shy Guy
Queen Bee
Metal Mario
Lakitu
Wiggler
King Boo
Toadette

could all be drivers at the next MK level~

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I would like to see the menu screen from melee as a level. Like maybe you could play on the levels and if you hit the smash sign, you'de get like 400 damage or something.

I was also thinking of maybe sakurai might turn the game into like, the same type of 3d as SM64 but the controls would be the same but the area could be in 3d and you could walk in any direction.
I honestly don't want to see this game have sidestepping/become a 3D fighter (like what Mortal Kombat did...). I think the series will be better off just staying as a 2.5D fighter like it's always been.

Well, I'm getting sleepy, so... peace everyone! :cool:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I liked him because I saw him in Wario Land 4 (I loved that game).

Did anyone catch his cameo in DKCR?

@Shortie's last post: This.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mortal Kombat did not have a bad 3-D fighter. In fact, it did it very well. Completely controllable, was not glitchy.

But Smash should never. It's a 2D style with Polygons. Changing that around requires traditional movesets. We already take 3D into account with Air Dodges and Side Steps.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

Game & Watch Gallery and Gargoyle's Quest were the first Gameboy games I owned <3

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
For me Mr. Game & Watch was a pleasant surprise when I learned of the Melee roster during pre-Melee because I was a huge fan of the Game & Watch Gallery games at the time.

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
I honestly don't want to see this game have sidestepping/become a 3D fighter (like what Mortal Kombat did...). I think the series will be better off just staying as a 2.5D fighter like it's always been.

Well, I'm getting sleepy, so... peace everyone! :cool:
I know, I was joking, those are horrible ideas.

So how about that custom character thing?

What yall think of it? I mean apparently characters can have moves that you can swap out for example if you didn't like waddle dee throw it culd change to ??? and you could swap it out...right? Is that all we know now? Is there any new news because I haven't heard much for a couple of months.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't want to mess with current characters' movesets. At all.

Making your own using a Mii/Polygon(type) etc. is fine. I like the mix and match approach.

Of course, they'd be banned in any tournament, but eh.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Melee ~ Game & Watch
Brawl ~ ROB
SSB4 ~ Mii's

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I know, I was joking, those are horrible ideas.

So how about that custom character thing?

What yall think of it? I mean apparently characters can have moves that you can swap out for example if you didn't like waddle dee throw it culd change to ??? and you could swap it out...right? Is that all we know now? Is there any new news because I haven't heard much for a couple of months.
I wouldn't mind optional moves for characters. Perhaps with a smash or a B move. B moves may be hard to design and balance, so A moves would work a little better with this scenario.

virtualgamecafe

Smash Journeyman
I hate the Miis idea. I mean I don't want to play as a fake *** Mii. I just want to have m own character. I mean like there's hacks that could do better. Like I just got banned from KC-MM (smash bros hack site) for like the third time (though I was already permabanned once) so like wtf. Like people can just make their dudes there rather than play as a ***** *** mii.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I don't want to mess with current characters' movesets. At all.
If they change the characters for the better, I'm fine with it. Changing a character's moves (to a point) can help add to the game's variety and make it stand out positively from previous and future installments if done right.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If they change the characters for the better, I'm fine with it. Changing a character's moves (to a point) can help add to the game's variety and make it stand out positively from previous and future installments if done right.
Yes, but if we mess with it, it deters tourney results too.

But if we only have custom characters, both sides win. I can make a guy just like DDD, but with some different moves. Tourney players don't get skewed results due to that one changed move, and we get kickass neat character combinations.

Everyone knows that custom characters are always banned, and for good reasons.

I want something both for everyone. Likewise, it wouldn't automatically balance a character either. It sounds fun, but why can't you make a copy with the changes you want? I can easily do that in any game with a custom character outside of Soul Calibur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom