• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
"Pre-E3 2005 they said the game had already been in development for a while at that point."
they were lying.

yeah! Metroid Metal!! now if we can only get stemage on pandora.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What else was there that would help branch Brawl into it's own independent title? Better yet, what milestones did Brawl actually accomplish that distinguished it among the others?
It showed how to NOT make a solid fighting game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What else was there that would help branch Brawl into it's own independent title? Better yet, what milestones did Brawl actually accomplish that distinguished it among the others?

Much ado over nothing.
Tripping :troll:, Gliding, Two Air Dodges, Auto L-Cancel, many new characters, Footstool Jumping, Gimmicky Stages.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
why is this not on my ipod? i know i took a select few but really...
i have every track on my hard drive for safe keeping though...
this is still the best though... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xidW2LmyW7g&feature=related ... its not metroid metal btw.

the melee remixes better return if the off chance that there are no melee stages. T_T

i just had a thought... if they do make a gamecube virtual console, they could make Melee online compatable.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Um, I believe a GameCube VC was actually confirmed. However, I don't expect online Melee, although that would ROCK.

[collapse=Long post]
Kuma, how would L-Canceling have effected Brawl in your eyes? I've heard it was in there at one point. Also, I heard that originally, Mario was better in Meta-Knight at some point.
L-cancelling is the worst

Just reduce or even remove the landing lag frames
And what's all this "3 words big news" deal? ._.
People here just can't take the lulz
Three things:

1. Shortie, be lucky you even have a partner and not been flyin' solo and having your posts go largely unnoticed like I have ;)

2. berserker, your new avi reminds me of that HextupleyooDOT guy who used to post here

3. Hoots and Iblis, the night is darkest before the dawn

:phone:
Is it because it's something like.... um.... PAPER MARIO?
DIE. Nuff said ;) :) :bee:
This thread has become a thread full of users that cannot sense whether the user is joking or not..... Which is what I hate
Guys, I think this is how the Smash Bros. 4 Character Select Screen REALLY looks like.
P.S.: Why do people(in this forum) keep requesting the Mortal Kombat characters?
Why are you guys letting Lucario and Zoroark fight to see which one will be in Super Smash Bros. 4? I vote for both because they're cool.
Is Sakurai done with the final stages of Kid Icarus: Uprising?
A man can dream.........
Let's not discuss version exclusives.
This
Of course I know this, I just think most people like to HOP on bandwagons. "Oh, not in the newest game? OUT."

Well then, it looks like THAT STATMENT Psycho made is strictly personal. One of my favorite Mario games is Sunshine, and I know a lot of people wouldn't agree with that. But the game wasn't bad.

I'm excited for the eventual NSMBWii level, and I may be excited for the Galaxy level... if it isn't absolute crap. I hope they tastefully execute the gimmick. I can see that NOT happening pretty easily though.
Sunshine was a good game. Wasn't as good as Mario 64 but it was an awesome game.
Link talk
Sakurai does not give a **** about who is OoT Link or TP Link. Why do you think he put another Link in smash?
(That would never happen.)
Lol
Bowserclick's bull****
*Laughs*

No source = No water
How do you get to this group?
Prove yourself

Think right
To both of you:
To you

no

Heh, u soooooo mad Lol
He isn't.

He just pities ya.

*Too lazy to post to the rest*[/collapse]
Capcom's ****ing stupid. They're removing one of the very reasons why Wright is worth playing : Invincible assist.

Just a rumor though so I'll calm down......

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Broserker understands me.

I wish you would post the rest since we were talking about Toad for a bit I think. We were supporting and badmouthing him at the same time. Yay?

At least I was.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Probably had the longest nap in some time... 6:30 PM yesterday to 5:30 today... Holy crap... (Oasis should get a kick out of this, seens how he cares about my sleep scedule SO much :troll:)

Christmas is coming, guys. Anyone know what they're get/giving? I'll have Wi-Fi/Star Fox 64 3DS.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Gonna be gone today: I'm gonna try out Quest 64. I'll tell you all what I think about it tomorrow.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Gonna be gone today: I'm gonna try out Quest 64. I'll tell you all what I think about it tomorrow.
I can't wait for your review of it. :) Also, I'll be honest, it's a decent game at best overall. Despite it being one of my top favorite rpg's, I gave it... at 3/10 in my review.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I like the game, because it's dreadful. It is just awful. The battle mechanics, bad. Just bad. Oh, just horrible.

I lost my long post of replies but I'll leave this only reply

OKAY so here's my opinion:

Toad is known and thought of when it comes to the Mario series. Why do you think he's so popular? Is it because of the character himself or because of his roles in the series. Actually, it's both. Hell he even bested Luigi when it came to popularity polls in gaming sites actually such as Kotaku. Basically, the statement regarding Toad not being thought is wrong.

Regarding the whole rep thing:

Overrep = BS

Add 1 mario and wario character = Not a stretch

Sakurai may not care if Mario is the flagship franchise but no one can tell if he cares about overreping.

-----------

Anyone fine with this?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I agree. There's no such thing as overrepping. Honestly, they could add a minimum of four characters per franchise(save R.O.B., Pikmin, and that's it) and nobody would be overrepped.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I agree. There's no such thing as overrepping. Honestly, they could add a minimum of four characters per franchise(save R.O.B., Pikmin, and that's it) and nobody would be overrepped.
At least it isn't ten :troll:

@Diddy If they do, it better resemble GC controller-comfortable controls.

Anyways, new moveset idea for Victini.

[COLLAPSE="Victini Moveset V2"]
(B): Searing Shot: He brings both hands up, and charges a huge fire ball above himself. It takes 1 second longer to charge then Lucario's Aura Sphere. When released, and fire ball with fiery rings surrounding it will be shot straight forward. It's one click slower than Lucario's Aura Sphere, and goes 3 character spaces forward. When it hits someone, it explodes 1 1/2 character spaces around it, and does higher damage than a Bob-omb, but less knockback than a Bob-Omb. If it goes 3 character spaces, and hits no one, it'll do the effect stated above, except it'll do half of what it usually does.

(B)>: Zen Headbutt: Victini dashes forward in quick succession. If opponent is near, he'll grab them, then headbutt them forward. If you use this in the air, it'll be like Jigglypuff's (B)>. If he grabs someone in the air, he'll put them under him, and he'll fly straight down, with his head to the victim. A mix of Lucario, Jigglypuff, and Ganondorf's (B)>.

(B)v: Work Up
He holds the ground with both hands, and then starts to glow orange and blue. Anyone who attacks him does damage, but no knockback. They might wanna step off, because when attacked, he'll grab the opponent, and do double the damage they did to him. So, if Ike does around 30% DMG, Victini does 60% DMG. The opponent will also be shot upwards, but always 2 character spaces upwards. Sheilds will shatter if they do try to sheild. Takes 2 seconds for Victini to recover from it.

(B)^: Flame Charge:
He shoots himself upwards, then press the analog stick in any direction, and he'll be shot that direction as well. Much like Pikachu's, but does Fire damage, and has a sweet spot on the 2nd dash, which is at the tip end of his dash (Like Wolf's (B)>).

FS: V-Create:
He'll dash straight forward, as fast as Marth's (FS) dash. If anyone's hit, they get shot upwards. Then, a citimatic shows all of them in space, then in the distance, Victini comes, and hits them with V-Create, doing exactly 180% DMG. He'll always land in the middle on the stage, and his landing is super godly: He'll hit everyone, then slam onto the ground, and then explode. How the explosion works involves his new Victory Star Trait.

Victory Star: When Victini KO’s an opponent, his forehead will glow a tiny bit. After three kills, his forehead will be shiny orange. For every kill, Victini’s fire moves gain power, doing 0.5x more than they did before. The maximum number of kill-charge is 3, meaning 1.5x the charge. Now, when he dies, he loses this boost, and will have to regain. The special part about this is that when Victini uses his FS, the energy is taken, and used for an explosive landing. If there are three kills x V-Create, Victini will land, blowing up 2.5 character spaces around him, auto KO everyone nearby with 100% DMG.[/COLLAPSE]

Please rate!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Victini should work well I guess. I'm like Lucario really not for or against it. Just hope he doesn't make the spot before Mewtwo.

ZeldaFanUltima

Smash Apprentice
Capcom Characters have been confirmed by Sakurai, so this means that Leon S. Kennedy will have a HUGE chance for the game. Then again, Megaman and Zero could be in.

Leon's Moveset (Mere Speculation)
Neutral B: Handgun - Leon pulls his handgun out and shoots as many bullets until he gets hit. Does 3% Damage.
Side B: Grenade - Leon throws a grenade and can point in any direction. Does 12% Damage.
Down B: Flying Kick - Sends Leon flying while kicking. The move is a copy of CF's Falcon Kick. Does 15% Damage.
Up B: Spinning Kick - Leon spins while kicking. Great recovery move. Finisher does 6% Damage; Beginning each does 3% Damage.
FS: P.R.L 412 - Shoots the Plaga Removal Laser 412 at all enemies. Final Form: Lasts 10 seconds. Weak blasts cause 23% Damage. Strong ones cause 1-Hit KOs.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I can’t say that it’s entirely out of the realm of possibility that some Capcom character could appear in the next Smash Bros. The big problem, though, comes from the idea of trying to get characters from a completely different universe to fit with the style that has been dictated by Nintendo’s characters in a fighting game.

In fact, I actually think it’s a miracle that we got Smash Bros. and all the Nintendo characters to work together in the first place. Especially when you bring Pokemon into the mix and a lot of the complications that are caused by that being an almost completely different entity on its own, it’s really something. So this is something that obviously will come up more as we get started on the new Smash Bros. development, but keeping those things in mind I think is important.
http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1174797p1.html

Does not sound like a confirmation to me...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If any thing it could proof that its perhaps too much of a hassle to get a Capcom character. Especially when Sakurai even thinks Pokemon is already hard to make them fit in...

-Mars-

Smash Hero
the more I read about this game from sakurai, the more I think he might be an idiot.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If any thing it could proof that its perhaps too much of a hassle to get a Capcom character. Especially when Sakurai even thinks Pokemon is already hard to make them fit in...

Pokémon are difficult to work with. It is widely known that The Pokémon Company and Game Freak are very controlling of the Pokémon series. This is what I infer Sakurai is alluding to, not that Pokémon physically do not work with the Nintendo theme.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

It's not too hard to make a Pokemon fit in for Smash Bros.. The only challenge is finding which ones are major enough to fit that role.

Jakandsig

Smash Apprentice
It's not too hard to make a Pokemon fit in for Smash Bros.. The only challenge is finding which ones are major enough to fit that role.
Hitmonchan? HItmon Lee?

Also, the more I read about the Wii U version I look at the controller and wonder how this is going to work. I mean while it is wii controller/Classic compatible, they will make the game with the Tablet controller in mind otherwise its pointless to have on the Wii u.

nLiM8d

Smash Champion
OKAY so here's my opinion:

Toad is known and thought of when it comes to the Mario series. Why do you think he's so popular? Is it because of the character himself or because of his roles in the series. Actually, it's both.

Sakurai may not care if Mario is the flagship franchise but no one can tell if he cares about overreping.

-----------

Anyone fine with this?
Yes, though to be honest, I can't say that I do think of Toad when I think of the mario series. In dwelling, their representation is indefinite.

He was playable in a game that set for each key character to be playable. Not sure what can be said of SMB3, but their inclusion in SMW was very broad. SM64 they were hiding in various locations of peach's castle (located in the "Mushroom Kingdom" ergo: of course!).

The really hefty place that we were practically intimate with their "culture" was Paper Mario. Which is awkward, cause' this is how debates like these start.

Then (at least to me) it all becomes a matter of iconic reference versus accessibility of source material. Meaning, Toad is popular, PM is "developed" per say.

At the end of the day, I'd like some variation where audience members (Paper Mario) can run down the battlefield 2:22

[COLLAPSE="Example"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Actually, Saurai MAY CARE TO AN EXTENT about over representation, I recall reading an article where they used those exact words, but I don't think it was simply oriented towards characters. I think it was just trying to not have TOO MUCH MARIO, or ZELDA (Something he actually says he DOESN'T WANT) content in Smash. Trying to keep it even in that respects. Nothing like Smash congress which so many people like to turn this into.

My problem with Toad is that I just don't see him too much of a fighter, and his roles are always this background character, or a placeholder for another character. In NSMBWii, toads were simply Mario and Luigi. Nothing different about them. In SMB2, Toad (and Peach in a lot respects) got their attacks simply from the character's they replaced.

Sakurai only seems to bring up Toad being: Fast and Strong, good with Karts, and being peaceful.

I would also like to note that Krystal's trophy is the only SF character to reference her skills in combat. Peppy and Slippy do not.

A member of the Star Fox team welcomed in Star Fox Adventures after the team met her on planet Sauria when responding to a distress signal. Krystal is capable of telepathy and is a valuable member in combat. After becoming romantically involved with Fox, their relationship gets very rocky in Star Fox Command.

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
NSMB Wii might have an affect on how "peaceful" the Toads are. Oh, and SM3DL as well since the Toads actually did accompany Mario all the way from the beginning to into Bowser's Castle to save Peach.

Regardless of their trait of being peaceful, the Toads are capable of fighting whenever they need to. Peach can be applied with the same trait as well (being the gentle princess she is). Just throwing out these points. :o

In terms of over representation, I think the only thing that was over represented in the Mario series for Brawl was the stages. The characters have yet to change since Melee (well except the dropping of one character).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom