• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, they could always have two ways of unlocking, like Brawl. For those who like the SSE way, they can do it that way. For people who like more of a challenge, they can do it their way.

Oh, and I was really surprised that Pictochat wasn't his home stage. It definitely made more sense than Mario Bros.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Like in the Mario Kart series? That sounds cool.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well, they could always have two ways of unlocking, like Brawl. For those who like the SSE way, they can do it that way. For people who like more of a challenge, they can do it their way.
Well it's not like I'm just not going to play the adventure mode of the game. It just shouldn't take little to no effort to unlock characters. I think that's a reasonable request.

Shanadeus

Smash Rookie
It should be varied above all.

Have some fun ways of unlocking secrets, like for an example:
  • Beating up a ghost in Luigi's Mansion stage will release Luigi from a portrait
  • Finding an egg, in a hidden route in the adventure mode, unlocks Yoshi
  • Getting a K.O of Mario within 10 second makes Wario pop up and sneer - unlock!

Terrible examples but you get the idea.
Back in the day, when I was younger and didn't have a smash blog that told you about most secret characters, it was amazing to see that CHALLENGER INCOMING!-screen and not having any idea who it is!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yeah, you're right. It's not unreasonable. I just don't want them to be unreasonably difficult either.

Oh, and I meant that by how the Mario Kart series had a DS battle stage for Mario Kart DS, and Double Dash had a Gamecube stage.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I have to agree with shortie on this one, Brawl was to easy for unlocking characters, heck even 64 was harder, they should just make it as hard as Mewtwo or G&W.

:phone:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
on the ridley subject I think the idea to where he switch had from ridley to meta ridley when he died and have omega as his final smash was the best idea. It makes him unique and is a way to encompass all the ridley versions in the game

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hey, just as long as Ridley's playable in some form, I'm happy. And no, I don't mean hacking a boss fight.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Because it adds the the suspence, it makes it a better game to play when you have to work for a character or even better, when you stumble upon them. Them being difficult only adds to the fun of getting them. I mean, when I first played Melee, it took me like two months to get Mewtwo, and I like that value it brings to the game.

I like to work to for the characters.
Well if they're gonna do that, then they sure as heck better let me duplicate my Smash save data. >=(

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
on the ridley subject I think the idea to where he switch had from ridley to meta ridley when he died and have omega as his final smash was the best idea. It makes him unique and is a way to encompass all the ridley versions in the game
Meep. That's really uneeded and doesn't make him any more unique than he already is.

Well if they're gonna do that, then they sure as heck better let me duplicate my Smash save data. >=(
I agree with that. I've had my Melee data corrupt like three times. Brawl hasn't had that problem with me though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Also, I was wondering, what do you guys think is the viability of the, to avoid spoilers, Masked Man? If the Mother series were to get one more representative, I'd personally like it to be him. He's a villain, has a ton of moves at his disposal, and would definitely not be a semi-clone like Ness and Lucas are. Since the series is pretty much confirmed to be over with Mother 3, I think this would be a nice send off for the series. Once again, just a personal opinion.

OmegaXXII

Masked Man? Funny that Oasis wanted him over Ness!!

But I kinda doubt Earthbound will be getting 3 reo, since it's semi dead, don't you think?

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
Also, I was wondering, what do you guys think is the viability of the, to avoid spoilers, Masked Man? If the Mother series were to get one more representative, I'd personally like it to be him. He's a villain, has a ton of moves at his disposal, and would definitely not be a semi-clone like Ness and Lucas are. Since the series is pretty much confirmed to be over with Mother 3, I think this would be a nice send off for the series. Once again, just a personal opinion.
^ This.
Masked Man for SSBU/3DS!!!

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Masked Man? Funny that Oasis wanted him over Ness!!

But I kinda doubt Earthbound will be getting 3 reo, since it's semi dead, don't you think?

You never know... If they don't they should replace Lucas with another character who has a totally different moveset

or they shoudl just change Lucas's B attacks. Seriously, he has no business using variants of Ness's B attacks when all of his A attacks are different.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Funny, Toise just posted this:
On another note, I went Japanese message board surfing for the first time in a while. Didn't spend a whole lot of time there, but neat regardless:

- A LOT of people asking for Mewtwo and Roy (also Lucario/Zoroark/Marth/Ike discussions why not)
- K. Rool, Shulk (Xenoblade), and Miis came up regularly
- Square-Enix had the most discussion out of all third-parties (mainly Slime and various FF characters)
- Decent amount of mentions for Mega Man, Professor Layton, Dixie Kong, Takamaru, Claus, more F-Zero and Metroid in general, and some Last Story/Zangeki no Reginleiv characters
- Black Shadow-dorf and Ridley's size came up more than once

- Very few mentions for Little Mac or anyone from Golden Sun
- Only one mention for Krystal and Victini each
- Nobody was talking about new Mario, Zelda, or Kid Icarus characters at all

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, I personally wouldn't want him to replace Ness seeing how he's one of the original 12.

OmegaXXII

You never know... If they don't they should replace Lucas with another character who has a totally different moveset

or they shoudl just change Lucas's B attacks. Seriously, he has no business using variants of Ness's B attacks when all of his A attacks are different.

Yea pretty much this, that's the reason why I hated Lucas, if anything they should have made Ness powerful and just gave Lucas a completly new moveset, if we got Masked Man instead we would definetly be getting rid of a potential clone once again.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wow, no mention of Little Mac or a Golden Sun rep? Little Mac and Isaac are among my most wantedD:

Also, just wondering, do you think it's more likely for Isaac or Matthew to appear in SSB4? Personally, I'd want Matthew, since he represents the series as a whole in my opinion. He'd need to be in his appearance from the original Golden Sun, though.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Wow, no mention of Little Mac or a Golden Sun rep? Little Mac and Isaac are among my most wantedD:

Also, just wondering, do you think it's more likely for Isaac or Matthew to appear in SSB4? Personally, I'd want Matthew, since he represents the series as a whole in my opinion. He'd need to be in his appearance from the original Golden Sun, though.
Oh, thye've been mentioned before. =P And argued over.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I was refering to the results from the Japanese board results posted by Shortiecanbrawl. I'm guessing Starfy wasn't mentioned by them either?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

Well, those games both sold better in the US than in Japan. So maybe they're more liked by the American audience? That's just the way it is I guess. I personally love the Japanese opinions. They're very similar to mine. I'm very optomistic right now after reading what the Japanese audience is looking for.

I was refering to the results from the Japanese board results posted by Shortiecanbrawl. I'm guessing Starfy wasn't mentioned by them either?
I wouldn't know, Toise is the one who looked through the Japanese board and noted the character mentions, ect, not I.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Well, those games both sold better in the US than in Japan. So maybe they're more liked by the American audience? That's just the way it is I guess. I personally love the Japanese opinions. They're very similar to mine. I'm very optomistic right now after reading what the Japanese audience is looking for.

I wouldn't know, Toise is the one who looked through the Japanese board and noted the character mentions, ect, not I.
What are the Japanese audience looking for, anywho? I'm curious. I know what NA wants. =P

OmegaXXII

Little Mac is very likely, trust me when I say this.

Issac? Meh.... I could care less.

Saki however should be in Smash4.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The way I see it, if Starfy, Little Mac, Isaac/Matthew, S(u)kapon, Ridley, K. Rool, and Bowser Jr. make it in, I'll be happy.

Wow, didn't know his Japanese name was Robin. Hey, if Black Shadow makes it in alongside Isaac, we can have Batman vs Robin.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
If you want to know what some of the Japanese fans like, look at my post above Hex.

The lack of Krystal mentions is sad, but I'm not going to give up hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom