• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiamondFox

Banned via Warnings
If they are going to do RD, why don't they just add Micaiah?
Because characters are not added based off their potential. If they were, the roster would be exclusively a bunch of random no-name spellcasters instead of an actual Nintendo all-star crossover.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Micaiah is going to have hard time in melee combat.
The same could be said about Olimar and look at him.

Because characters are not added based off their potential. If they were, the roster would be exclusively a bunch of random no-name spellcasters instead of an actual Nintendo all-star crossover.
No-name? She's the main character of FE10!

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: I love your idea. Never played 2, but I absolutely loved Super Mario Galaxy, which is IMO, the best game for the Wii. Just put in Battlerock Theme and the Dino Piranha Boss Battle Theme and it would be perfect.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Okay everybody, here is number #4.

The Starship Mario! The main hub/starship from Super Mario Galaxy 2. Out of all the stages this one is the most straight forward, Battlefield type design. The field would be at the command deck of the Starship Mario, with three platforms above. The background is what will make this stage remarkeable. For starters; on the ship itself you will find Lubba, little Luma's floating back and forth, the Toad Brigade and their craft, and the occassional star bit falling onto the stage (the effect of which will heal a character 1% of damage). Here is where the special part comes in, simlarly to Lylat Cruise, Starship Mario will warp to different galaxies between Mario Galaxy 1&2! An intergalactic tour while fighting on a giant, floating Mario head! The galaxies you can see will be as follows:

Comet Observatory
Good Egg Galaxy
Gusty Garden Galaxy
Battlerock Galaxy
Toy Time Galaxy
Melty Molten Galaxy
Fluffy Bluff Galaxy
Wild Glide Galaxy
Freezy Flake Galaxy
Supermassive Galaxy
Space Storm Galaxy
Throwback Galaxy

Stage name: Starship Mario
Icon: Mushroom

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Starship Mario
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Sky Station Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Melty Monster Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Upside Dizzy Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Fluffy Bluff Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Final Bowser Battle
Super Mario Galaxy - Into The Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy - Gusty Garden Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy - Good Egg Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy - Buoy Base Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy - Purple Coins
Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 - Bowser Galaxy*

*This song will be a melding of the two Bowser Galaxy themes

I know a lot of people imagined a planetoid kind of stage, but I think this is more functional and likely. The music is going to be the more controversial part as there are still many good tracks left out. Since, as of now, the musical limit for each stage is 12 I wanted to cap it at that. Tried to add a little more diversity with some of the selections while keeping the favorites. Hope you all enjoy!
I'm sooo into this. Well done!!!! Besides we don't actually need to wish for this or at least a Super Mario Galaxy-like stage to be in SSB4, because it WILL BE.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Starphoenix: I love your idea. Never played 2, but I absolutely loved Super Mario Galaxy, which is IMO, the best game for the Wii. Just put in Battlerock Theme and the Dino Piranha Boss Battle Theme and it would be perfect.
If I could I'd add at least 6 more tracks, but again, as of now the stage limit is 12 so I listed the tracks I thought would most likely be chosen.

Oh, and you SERIOUSLY need to play Galaxy 2!

D

Deleted member

If I could I'd add at least 6 more tracks, but again, as of now the stage limit is 12 so I listed the tracks I thought would most likely be chosen.
Hopefully, the next game will increase that limit. There are so many deserving songs that needs to be in.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hopefully, the next game will increase that limit. There are so many deserving songs that needs to be in.
Yep, I'm sure they will give out so much dedication to SMG-references and contents!
And letting other Nintendo-characters experience SMG in Smash would be awesome.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
The same could be said about Olimar and look at him.

No-name? She's the main character of FE10!
See, Micaiah is nice and all and she is the first spell caster main character for the series but she don't seem like the person who would lay her hand on someone.....but a tag team between Micaiah and Sothe where Micaiah do the ranged moves and Sothe does the combat that would become something special.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Just adding my item idea, since it felt being obscure by huge quote from StarPhoenix.

Launch Star

When appearing, they will float a little bit above the ground, while slightly tilted to the air. These are large enough for letting a player fit inside them.

Launch Star can be activated by pressing A near it, much like Warp Star. When used, the player will be spinned briefly inside it, and launch powerfully away to the air at high speed, much like in Galaxy.

These Launch Stars however, give a 7 second time of fast-moving, unlimited flight which can be directed very freely. When flying, your player glows and seems to emit stardust around him. He also leaves a glowing path similar to shooting star: this looks like the translucent,glowing paths from Galaxy.

You can press A for a Spin which lets you deal decent damage and high knockback. Star Spin uses the quick starry energy seen from Galaxy when Mario used it, and technically is similar to Wing Ability's Gust Roll from Kirby Air Ride.

After seven seconds the speed drops severely down and your character loses it's translucent, stardusty glow.This renders your character into helpless state. Be sure to find safe ground to descend on at this point or you'll plummet surely on your doom.

To prevent Launch Star's overpower, occasionally Launch Stars tend to break when you are just launching from them, making them crash on the ground comically. These broken Launch Stars then turn into Sling Stars, which lets your character get slinged off spinning, which can also be used as an attack (albeit weak.). This is similar to Barrel Cannon.
Sling Stars stays on the screen for 8 seconds.

Notes

- The characters may even shout or yell at the time when they're launched. The tone and the mood of the exclamation depends on the character: for example Mario would say "Wahoo!" from Super Mario Galaxy, Yoshi again says "Woooowwwwww!" from Yoshi's Story delightedly, etc.
- Some characters start to yell right start at the spinning and time their exclaimation's to change or get louder when they're catapulted: For example Pikachu would yell "Piiiiii," while spinning, then yell "Kaaaaa!!!" triumphantly when launched. (This comes from Pokemon Yellow when he's out of the PC's storage system.Piiiiii- Kaaaa!)

StarPhoenix's stage idea and my item idea would really port lots of awesomeness and imagination from Galaxy to Smash.

Any thoughts? I'm going to make some more of these item ideas later on.

splat

Smash Lord
I actually like him as a whole, but to each their own as I've mentioned before.

Honestly, I was surprised when I found out he wasn't in WarioWare. As much as I disliked the series he's pretty much Wario's pal in the Mario games.

*looks at the picture* That is a beautiful piece of artwork right there. I could honestly see him wearing that too. It makes him look that much cooler.

Also, I must ask, are you the same Splat I knew back on CS? If so, it's been a long time.
I actually liked the WarioWare games, but only on Wii, and only with a group.

Thanks man! :)

Also, I do remember you from CS. Crazy seeing you here man. Especially since I got a message from casti on dA too o.o

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I hope so too, I need to hear Battlerock Galaxy!

@Young Horsetail:

Reminds me of Dragoon. There was a pre-Brawl rumor that stated there was an actual launch star item. Supposedly it was spotted in an early build. Nothing ever came of it though.

D

Deleted member

@Young Horsetail:

Reminds me of Dragoon. There was a pre-Brawl rumor that stated there was an actual launch star item. Supposedly it was spotted in an early build. Nothing ever came of it though.
Isn't that the same name from Kirby Air Ride that if you aim correctly, it would automatically KO the character in Brawl?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

@Young Horsetail:

Expect this one's not gonna KO that easily? This kind of item would be something quite new, and maybe it being used in other levels would be fun.

D

Deleted member

Okay everybody, here is number #4.

The Starship Mario! The main hub/starship from Super Mario Galaxy 2. Out of all the stages this one is the most straight forward, Battlefield type design. The field would be at the command deck of the Starship Mario, with three platforms above. The background is what will make this stage remarkeable. For starters; on the ship itself you will find Lubba, little Luma's floating back and forth, the Toad Brigade and their craft, and the occassional star bit falling onto the stage (the effect of which will heal a character 1% of damage). Here is where the special part comes in, simlarly to Lylat Cruise, Starship Mario will warp to different galaxies between Mario Galaxy 1&2! An intergalactic tour while fighting on a giant, floating Mario head! The galaxies you can see will be as follows:

Comet Observatory
Good Egg Galaxy
Gusty Garden Galaxy
Battlerock Galaxy
Toy Time Galaxy
Melty Molten Galaxy
Fluffy Bluff Galaxy
Wild Glide Galaxy
Freezy Flake Galaxy
Supermassive Galaxy
Space Storm Galaxy
Throwback Galaxy

Stage name: Starship Mario
Icon: Mushroom

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Throwback Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Upside Dizzy Galaxy

*This song will be a melding of the two Bowser Galaxy themes

I know a lot of people imagined a planetoid kind of stage, but I think this is more functional and likely. The music is going to be the more controversial part as there are still many good tracks left out. Since, as of now, the musical limit for each stage is 12 I wanted to cap it at that. Tried to add a little more diversity with some of the selections while keeping the favorites. Hope you all enjoy!
Jeez, do you have to base your stage ideas on the same games that I base my stage ideas on? Next you're going to say that you have a concept for a Bowser's Castle stage...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Jeez, do you have to base your stage ideas on the same games that I base my stage ideas on? Next you're going to say that you have a concept for a Bowser's Castle stage...
Now that you mention it... I'm just kidding, my next concept will be a Donkey Kong Country Returns stage. It's actually quite brilliant what I have in store... ;)

Sorry about stealing your thunder, maybe you're my long lost twin?! B-brother? :o

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Aww. But won't you try to add Yoshi Star Galaxy as the second galaxy in that stage tour?
It would feel like a great precursor place before Gusty Garden Galaxy.
I suppose I could cut Upside Dizzy Galaxy... It'd work better on a Paper Mario stage in my opinion anyways...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here, no more complaining okay? I've already swapped out two Galaxy tracks as it is.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Throwback Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Yoshi Star Galaxy

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'd rather take the White Mage and Black Mage from the Mario crossovers.
This. Believe it or not, the generic FF classes are much more likely for their 2 crossover games with MARIO.

I don't recall which one there were, but I think they were:

Black Mage, White Mage, Red Mage, and Ninja. Maybe Warrior too.

One of the mages would be incredible to have around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom